Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-14-2012, 07:15 PM #127
Kazoo4u

I will be there this Sunday. First time playing at this field on a sunday can anyone say what the crowd is like?
Kazoo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-16-2012, 08:54 AM #128
Bacalao

Bacalao owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bacalao is for the Gunfight
Bacalao has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bacalao has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
this field after it rains man. mud everywhere and it smells like ****
Bacalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 04:55 PM #129
Bacalao

Bacalao owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Bacalao is for the Gunfight
Bacalao has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Bacalao has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
so when are they getting turf?
Bacalao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 05:34 PM #130
sofla(dvs)
TCK

sofla(dvs) plays in the APPA D1 division
lol^^
sofla(dvs) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:53 AM #131
xXSVx Phantom
Miami Adrenaline #14

has been a member for 10 years
xXSVx Phantom plays in the MiLP
xXSVx Phantom owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
xXSVx Phantom owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
xXSVx Phantom plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacalao View Post
so when are they getting turf?
Bu dum tis.
xXSVx Phantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 06:39 PM #132
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
ATFL some constructive criticism. You need to get more standup bunkers on your sup airball field. This simple inexpensive upgrade will draw in more experienced players. I don't think you really need this though, because you are doing fine with the renters. I had a hard time making it to the 50 against competent players with the highest bunker being waist high. At least have an initial standup bunker somewhere, so I can go into a full sprint before I dive. I think it's awkward having to crouch run everywhere. The field appears to have been designed for kids. I believe that's the demographic you were aiming for though.

Your sup airball field is backman heaven, but with the massive amounts of renter cash $$ you wouldn't know this. If you want more Friday night players, buy more standup bunkers. Your refs are the best I've seen so far.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 01-13-2013 at 06:51 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:36 PM #133
xXSVx Phantom
Miami Adrenaline #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
ATFL some constructive criticism. You need to get more standup bunkers on your sup airball field. This simple inexpensive upgrade will draw in more experienced players. I don't think you really need this though, because you are doing fine with the renters. I had a hard time making it to the 50 against competent players with the highest bunker being waist high. At least have an initial standup bunker somewhere, so I can go into a full sprint before I dive. I think it's awkward having to crouch run everywhere. The field appears to have been designed for kids. I believe that's the demographic you were aiming for though.

Your sup airball field is backman heaven, but with the massive amounts of renter cash $$ you wouldn't know this. If you want more Friday night players, buy more standup bunkers. Your refs are the best I've seen so far.
Their main airball field is where Medley Paintball Park was. They bought them out. Go there if you want to play real airball.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:46 PM #134
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
They close too early, and they are not open on Fridays. Job doesn't let me off until 2:00. By the time I get to medley I'll only have 1 hour left. I was planning on getting a black member pass for medley, but my hours changed and my job robbed my weekends at the same time cutting my hours. This was not the deal I signed up for. I found another job, but that is going to be really far up north where Hotshots might be the main field.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 01-13-2013 at 09:48 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:50 PM #135
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Daco owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
Daco has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Daco has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
could anyone tell me what kind of crowd there is on a sunday?, i am planning on going with some friends on sunday, they are all first timers, and i don't think it would be fun if they would get annihilated by super experienced people (i knew i was afraid the first time they put me in the game with all these experienced people), plus i have been out of paintball for 2 years and need to get the feel of it again.
Daco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2013, 06:54 PM #136
xXSVx Phantom
Miami Adrenaline #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daco View Post
could anyone tell me what kind of crowd there is on a sunday?, i am planning on going with some friends on sunday, they are all first timers, and i don't think it would be fun if they would get annihilated by super experienced people (i knew i was afraid the first time they put me in the game with all these experienced people), plus i have been out of paintball for 2 years and need to get the feel of it again.
If you go on a Sunday before 12, expect to run into a few teams for sure. My recommendation for first timers would be to go on a Saturday as it seems most walk-ons tend to go then. If it has to be on a Sunday, try to go at the earliest 12.

Worst case scenario, just let them know that you have people that are new and you don't want to play with them. 90% of the time none of them will have a problem with that, if they do, just let the referee on the field know that you're friends are new to paintball and that you would rather play other people who are also new to the sport.

Good luck!
Old 04-17-2013, 09:57 PM #137
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Oke thanks for the tip!, unfortunately the only day we can go is on Sunday, i really don't mind playing the better guys but for people who never played it isn't fun getting bunkered and annihilated lol.

one thing is, i do have sup air gear (etek 4, rotor, etc etc.) while i have been out for 2 years out of the sport (i might be sucky you know lol), i am also afraid that i might intimidate the walk ons that i might be matched up against if i were to play with my friends and they see me with my gear.

how many fields does Action town have?, do they also have a woodsball field?, i am guessing that if they do have one that would be the perfect way to start because the pace is slower.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:10 PM #138
xXSVx Phantom
Miami Adrenaline #14

Quote:
Oke thanks for the tip!, unfortunately the only day we can go is on Sunday, i really don't mind playing the better guys but for people who never played it isn't fun getting bunkered and annihilated lol.

one thing is, i do have sup air gear (etek 4, rotor, etc etc.) while i have been out for 2 years out of the sport (i might be sucky you know lol), i am also afraid that i might intimidate the walk ons that i might be matched up against if i were to play with my friends and they see me with my gear.

how many fields does Action town have?, do they also have a woodsball field?, i am guessing that if they do have one that would be the perfect way to start because the pace is slower.
I haven't been there in a while but they bought out what used to be Medley Paintball Field and that is currently their main airball field. If you go to the ATFL location, I am honestly not sure if the woodsball is still usable because I am pretty sure they actually had to shut that down.

Correction, they actually DID shut it down however I don't know if they have opened it back up, I would recommend calling and asking about that. As far as experience, I would recommend trying to make the teams as even as possible. It's hard to tell people no you can't play with us over and over so try to split it up as best as you can.

Side tip: Try playing no crossing 50. That should eliminate anyone getting bunkered or overshot.
Old 04-18-2013, 02:18 PM #139
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSVx Phantom View Post
I haven't been there in a while but they bought out what used to be Medley Paintball Field and that is currently their main airball field. If you go to the ATFL location, I am honestly not sure if the woodsball is still usable because I am pretty sure they actually had to shut that down.

Correction, they actually DID shut it down however I don't know if they have opened it back up, I would recommend calling and asking about that. As far as experience, I would recommend trying to make the teams as even as possible. It's hard to tell people no you can't play with us over and over so try to split it up as best as you can.

Side tip: Try playing no crossing 50. That should eliminate anyone getting bunkered or overshot.
Thanks for the tips, i guess i will be giving ATFL a call one of these days, also another thing, some friends chickened out. would you recommend any other fields in the miami area?, incase i would go alone it doesn't really matter what crowd there is. maybe playing some rec to get the feeling back.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:32 PM #140
xXSVx Phantom
Miami Adrenaline #14

Quote:
Thanks for the tips, i guess i will be giving ATFL a call one of these days, also another thing, some friends chickened out. would you recommend any other fields in the miami area?, incase i would go alone it doesn't really matter what crowd there is. maybe playing some rec to get the feeling back.
Miami area? Meh...I would recommend Headshots:13951 Southwest 184th Avenue Miami, FL 33196. Number is (305) 233-0340. Good for rec ball for sure. Terrible for tournament ball so its perfect for you guys.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:46 PM #141
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Thanks a lot once again!, you are one of the few that actually responds to my questions here on Pbnation lol.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:41 AM #142
Stealth1k

Stealth1k supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Action town changed there field setups about 2 months ago. They USED to have an airball field and a hyperball type of field, now one is a hyper/cqb style of field with a "house" in the middle and obstacles/car on the outside while the other field is still hyperball. No more airball at action town, if you want that then you drive 15 min away to Medley field which as the other guy mentioned is in cahoots with AT.

As far as crowd, Sundays at actiontown is mainly rentals with mixed groups of beginners. Very few "Experienced" players. I just started playing in the begining of the year and AT is where i used to go all the time until they changed the field, even then i still visit every now and again when going to play with the GF or bringing kids along.

If you want a more experience crowd and airball - medley is pretty decent. Good turf, bunkers are pretty solid, and you can bring paint from "Splat attack" which they sell for $31, saving you a bunch over buying the same paint on the field for $20 more.
Stealth1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 06:35 PM #143
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealth1k View Post
Action town changed there field setups about 2 months ago. They USED to have an airball field and a hyperball type of field, now one is a hyper/cqb style of field with a "house" in the middle and obstacles/car on the outside while the other field is still hyperball. No more airball at action town, if you want that then you drive 15 min away to Medley field which as the other guy mentioned is in cahoots with AT.

As far as crowd, Sundays at actiontown is mainly rentals with mixed groups of beginners. Very few "Experienced" players. I just started playing in the begining of the year and AT is where i used to go all the time until they changed the field, even then i still visit every now and again when going to play with the GF or bringing kids along.

If you want a more experience crowd and airball - medley is pretty decent. Good turf, bunkers are pretty solid, and you can bring paint from "Splat attack" which they sell for $31, saving you a bunch over buying the same paint on the field for $20 more.
Awesome!, thanks a lot for the info!!, this was exactly what i needed!.
Old 04-28-2013, 05:09 PM #144
xXSVx Phantom
Miami Adrenaline #14

Quote:
Awesome!, thanks a lot for the info!!, this was exactly what i needed!.
I hadn't been to ATFL in a while so I wasn't 100% sure if they already completely switched airball to Medley. If this is indeed the case, you should have no problems at ATFL.
Old 04-29-2013, 12:56 PM #145
Daco
Yes i'm Dutch & not high

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXSVx Phantom View Post
I hadn't been to ATFL in a while so I wasn't 100% sure if they already completely switched airball to Medley. If this is indeed the case, you should have no problems at ATFL.
i played there for the 2nd time again, its a pretty fun field, although i do miss the turf or grass. I also went to medley to check it out, but there were only teams training there, and its kind of weird of just tagging along with a team if you don't have a lot of experience.
Old 09-08-2013, 12:02 PM #146
IPlaySoccer
Resident Chelsea Fan

IPlaySoccer owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
IPlaySoccer is an NCPA player
IPlaySoccer plays in the APPA D5 division
IPlaySoccer supports Ninja Paintball
Not a fan of ATFL.

Refs cheated, no chrono, no surrender rule (Even for renters)

I got hit by a paintball going WAY over 300FPS from about 8 feet away. It hit me so hard I almost puked in my mask. I've been hit the exact same way by guns shooting 300 FPS. Didn't hurt nearly as bad. Not to mention that the ref let 5 experienced players play against 4 renters. The ref even went over to the experienced players and whispered go to them. So we were just chilling out waiting for the game to start and all of a sudden this loser with a luxe comes barreling down the field ramping at probably 15 BPS and mows us down. We didn't even know the game had started. I'm not sure about my friends, but I know for certain that I got hit at least 10+ times by this kid. And he wasn't even using the field paint! Whatever paint he was using stained my gear pink, and the field requires that you use yellow paint!

Needless to say, I will NEVER return to this field. I ought to sue for the injury I received.

Not for a million dollars would I even step on their property again. AVOID THIS FIELD AT ALL COSTS!
IPlaySoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 07:38 PM #147
GrimmReaperVii

Hey what's up guys I am new to the thread and, I'm thinking of going to ATFL on this Saturday, any heads up I should know about? Supposedly they don't allow you to bring in your own paint which kinda sucks, I thought about sneaking in paint but I don't wanna get a bad rep with the field and what not. Any advice really would do, thanks.
GrimmReaperVii is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyRegional Ups