PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-20-2017, 03:45 PM #1
bonusball024

bonusball024 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
bonusball024 supports Ninja Paintball
Before buying a CS1

After much deliberating I've decided the CS1 will be my next (and last for a while) high end marker purchase. The only other PE marker(s) I'm experienced with was the Ego 11 I had for a while in 2012.

Are there any other Ego converts in this forum that made the switch to the CS1?

Just reading through the threads and various sites like reddit I've seen a number of owners having issues with their CS1. Are there still a lot of problems going on with the CS1s?

Old 04-20-2017, 04:10 PM #2
Rainingbrass

Annual Supporting Member
 plays in the NXL
Rainingbrass plays in the MiLP
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Rainingbrass plays in the APPA D4 division
Rainingbrass supports Ninja Paintball
Rainingbrass owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
No problems at all with the new frame, piston and as long as your running no or one shim on a ninja tank it will be smooth as hell. Ive owned 4 CS1's so far and love them. They are just as great on air as an EGO/LV but without the open bolt. They are all pretty much bulletproof regarding maintenance and all that anyway. But I love how smooth they feel and the peace of mind of having the best CS in the game behind me.
Rainingbrass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 04:19 PM #3
bonusball024

Awesome, thanks for the reply bud! I normally associate Planet Eclipse with Egos so this is going to be an interesting step for me. I was really close to pulling the trigger on a 160r but now that I'm seeing prices drop on new CS1s from online retailers I'm going to go ahead and buy high-end like I wanted to in the first place.

Old 04-20-2017, 08:40 PM #4
Troy97
The Sleep Deprived

Annual Supporting Member
Troy97 is BST Trusted
Troy97 plays in the PSP
Troy97 is playing at Living Legends VII
Troy97 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Troy97 supports DLX Technology
Troy97 supports Ninja Paintball
@Rainingbrass do you know what serial number the new frames started getting put on the guns from manufacturer

EBAY FEEDBACK
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...erid=Troy97Pbn
Troy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 09:22 PM #5
bonusball024

Well the deed is done. Just ordered a Dynasty "Scales" CS1

Old 04-20-2017, 09:45 PM #6
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Mr. Stealthy supports Ninja Paintball
Incredibly solid gun. I have been shooting Eclipse on and off since 2006 so I have run through more than my share of Egos. The only real notable thing converting is that you have to remember to re-lube the bolt every couple of outings or so. With Egos, you could pretty much forget about getting the the bolt or rammer and still be fine unless you were just being crazy reckless. The CS1 is going to shoot a lot smoother and quieter than you are used to as well coming off of the Ego 11. You also shouldnt expect any issues with the newer model CS1s since it was only the eary models that experienced the hiccups (and even those werent as common as it might seem).
Mr. Stealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 11:49 PM #7
Huardmadness

Huardmadness owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Huardmadness supports DLX Technology
Huardmadness supports Shocker RSX
Huardmadness supports Ninja Paintball
Your gonna love that CS1, I have a scales also
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_4642_1492750156665.JPG (488.9 KB, 35 views)
Huardmadness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:11 AM #8
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Incredibly solid gun. I have been shooting Eclipse on and off since 2006 so I have run through more than my share of Egos. The only real notable thing converting is that you have to remember to re-lube the bolt every couple of outings or so. With Egos, you could pretty much forget about getting the the bolt or rammer and still be fine unless you were just being crazy reckless. The CS1 is going to shoot a lot smoother and quieter than you are used to as well coming off of the Ego 11. You also shouldnt expect any issues with the newer model CS1s since it was only the eary models that experienced the hiccups (and even those werent as common as it might seem).
Was there any difference for you "feel" wise? I know a lot of people who've used the CS1 say it "points" different than the Egos and some other markers.

I'm pretty used to spools and the cleaning. I have a DM8 that'll become my back up once I get my CS1. I'm guessing I'll have less maintaining to do on the CS1 than I've needed to do on the DM8

Old 04-21-2017, 09:13 AM #9
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huardmadness View Post
Your gonna love that CS1, I have a scales also

That one is sick bud! I decided I wanted something a little more unique looking and considering I missed out on waffle shockers I wasn't about to let my self miss out on these. The only CS1 I would have wanted more is the Dragon eye Dynasty CS1.. probably the best one I've seen that isn't a CSR/Pro.

Old 04-21-2017, 02:25 PM #10
Bluedun
Ballin' since 1988

Bluedun supports Ninja Paintball
Bluedun owns a Planet Eclipse CSR
I'm not an EGO user but I shot BL Victories for the last 5 years or so, when I switched to the CSR I had some issues the first few outings with snap shooting. The reg on the Vic is 90 degrees, the front grip on the CS1 has a little slope or curve it in that made aiming just a little different. Now that I'm used to it I have no problems, just took a couple of cases.

Bluedun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 07:37 PM #11
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonusball024 View Post
Was there any difference for you "feel" wise? I know a lot of people who've used the CS1 say it "points" different than the Egos and some other markers.

I'm pretty used to spools and the cleaning. I have a DM8 that'll become my back up once I get my CS1. I'm guessing I'll have less maintaining to do on the CS1 than I've needed to do on the DM8
Yeah they feel totally different (but still in a good way). You may find the rear grip to be a little thicker than you are used to, but it fills your hands really well (or at least mine) and just feels great. Same for the front grips. Exceptional ergonomics overall.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:14 PM #12
bonusball024

I've held/shot a CS1 before. A guy at my local field and I got to talking and inbetween games he offered me his gun to shoot. I only shot about 15 balls through it but honestly since I was not entertaining the idea of getting one at the time I wasn't really focused on getting the feel of it.

I just sold my E2 Orracle to open up funds for this CS1. The E2 is a pretty large frame in and of its self so I think grip wise the CS1s will be fine. I can already see it's got a much better shape to it than the E2 has.

Unfortunately ANS didn't have the color "Scales" CS1 (totally didn't realize they ano'd the black ones themselves thought those were factory) so I kept it classy and got a normal midnight CS1.

Old 04-22-2017, 12:09 AM #13
LEX_BALLER 3

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
I've held/shot a CS1 before. A guy at my local field and I got to talking and inbetween games he offered me his gun to shoot. I only shot about 15 balls through it but honestly since I was not entertaining the idea of getting one at the time I wasn't really focused on getting the feel of it.

I just sold my E2 Orracle to open up funds for this CS1. The E2 is a pretty large frame in and of its self so I think grip wise the CS1s will be fine. I can already see it's got a much better shape to it than the E2 has.

Unfortunately ANS didn't have the color "Scales" CS1 (totally didn't realize they ano'd the black ones themselves thought those were factory) so I kept it classy and got a normal midnight CS1.
Probably a good move. I dont trust the ansgear exclusives.
LEX_BALLER 3 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 01:38 AM #14
PoopNutz

Oh hey great a new cs1 owner, I have a great tip for you, cs1 has a squeaking issue, when that happens re lube the piston in the inline reg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8g6d4CcEfY @ 1:10
PoopNutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 05:34 AM #15
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopNutz View Post
Oh hey great a new cs1 owner, I have a great tip for you, cs1 has a squeaking issue, when that happens re lube the piston in the inline reg

Thanks man! Thats the exact kind of information I'm looking for

Old 04-22-2017, 10:09 AM #16
Autocrat

Autocrat owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Autocrat supports DLX Technology
Autocrat supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:

I have the silver blue scales and when I saw the black scales I wanted to switch to it but couldn't justify the money. The acid wash ones don't look bad either but black looked best.
Autocrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 11:41 AM #17
bonusball024

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocrat View Post
I have the silver blue scales and when I saw the black scales I wanted to switch to it but couldn't justify the money. The acid wash ones don't look bad either but black looked best.
I was super close to ordering the Blue and Silver one but I really like darker colored guns. They said if I didn't like it when I get it I could return it and get the dynasty one. I guess shipping is a small price to pay for satisfaction

Old 04-22-2017, 06:31 PM #18
LEX_BALLER 3

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Thanks man! Thats the exact kind of information I'm looking for
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoopNutz View Post

Making your tank either mid or low pressure helps prevent this issue as well.
Old 04-22-2017, 06:50 PM #19
bonusball024

I'm probably going to have to buy a new ninja reg then. I don't believe either of the ones I currently have are adjustable.

In regards to barrels do you guys have any feedback on ShaftFR vs ShaftFL? I'm sure most would say stick to the stock barrel but I REALLY like they way the ShaftFLs look on the GEO platform.

Old 04-22-2017, 07:07 PM #20
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
I'm probably going to have to buy a new ninja reg then. I don't believe either of the ones I currently have are adjustable.

In regards to barrels do you guys have any feedback on ShaftFR vs ShaftFL? I'm sure most would say stick to the stock barrel but I REALLY like they way the ShaftFLs look on the GEO platform.
Shaft Fl has a longer control back, so better efficiency overall. They are also super light and super nice. Personally though, ill be a stock barrel advocate. The stock Shaft 5 tip does the best job of any barrel I have used at keeping paint from getting into the barrel through the porting. This keeps your gun shooting accurately longer than most barrels I have used. Its also extremely light as far as aluminum barrels go and has a nice long control bore length for maximum efficiency. Lastly, in my experience, the internal finish on aluminum barrels just plain holds up better than CF barrels (to jnclude all of the deadlywonds Inhave owned). I recommend grabbing a couple of Shaft 5 backs and calling it good. But, if you live the look, definitely go for the FL as it is a super nice batrel system as well.

I also run a Dye CF Boomstick fairly often mostly because I just live the look, feel and quality of the barrels. Been using Dye barrels almost continuously since around 2003 so a lot of it is nostalgia. It lets in a bit more bunker rub than the Shaft 5 so I tend to reserve it for days that I am playing in the woods or on hard bunkers.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 04-22-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 04-22-2017, 07:19 PM #21
LEX_BALLER 3

Annual Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
Shaft Fl has a longer control back, so better efficiency overall. They are also super light and super nice. Personally though, ill be a stock barrel advocate. The stock Shaft 5 tip does the best job of any barrel I have used at keeping paint from getting into the barrel through the porting. This keeps your gun shooting accurately longer than most barrels I have used. Its also extremely light as far as aluminum barrels go and has a nice long control bore length for maximum efficiency. Lastly, in my experience, the internal finish on aluminum barrels just plain holds up better than CF barrels (to jnclude all of the deadlywonds Inhave owned). I recommend grabbing a couple of Shaft 5 backs and calling it good. But, if you live the look, definitely go for the FL as it is a super nice batrel system as well.

I also run a Dye CF Boomstick fairly often mostly because I just live the look, feel and quality of the barrels. Been using Dye barrels almost continuously since around 2003 so a lot of it is nostalgia. It lets in a bit more bunker rub than the Shaft 5 so I tend to reserve it for days that I am playing in the woods or on hard bunkers.
Isnt the shaft FL the same porting?