BUZZ3D
Lockdown

BUZZ3D owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
BUZZ3D supports Team VICIOUS
BUZZ3D is for the Gunfight
BUZZ3D supports Sherwood Forest
Etek 2 Low Velocity, Help!

Hey PBN,

Im in the middle of trying to fix an Etek2 and I can't seem to get the velocity to go up. I have fully rebuilt the LPR. Orings, Springs, Piston.. I've tried 2 different HPR's and just cant seem to find the problem. I've changed the #11 oring on the back of the rammer aswell as the #9 on the front. I've reset the board and installed a new battery.. The etek has a star frame aswell as a Etek Zick rammer.

Any ideas on what could be causing my problem.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BUZZ3D : 11-06-2010 at 05:01 PM.
BUZZ3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-06-2010, 06:00 PM #2
Uziel Gal
It's not a Geo2, honest..

Uziel Gal donated to help Peyton Trent
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Uziel Gal owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Uziel Gal supports our troops
If the bolt has been disassembled recently, make sure that it has been put back together so that the pin is the right way around, so that the inlet is facing down. Unlikely though, as the velocity isn't particularly low.

Shooting very small paint through a large bore barrel will tend to reduce your velocity.

Check that the LPR is assembled correctly, with two springs, one either side of the piston.

Make sure that the spring cup inside the LPR is the right way around.

Set the LPR to the stock setting, with the tip of the adjustment screw level with the tip of the LPR cover.

Make sure that the LP hoses are unblocked and that none of the hose barbs are blocked or bent.

Replace the rammer o-rings.

Only ever oil the rammer o-rings, never grease them.

Replace the o-ring around the rammer cap.

If the marker has the Etek STAR frame, and the QEV is installed, check the QEV diaphragm is in one piece and that there aren't any excessive signs or wear, or any cuts, tears or holes.

Make sure that both banjo fittings are screwed down securely.

Replace the o-rings around the rammer housing.

Make sure that the solenoid has no signs of screw damage (beyond cosmetic scratches).

Make sure that the valve guide/rammer housing hasn't been installed upside down. Again, unlikely, as the velocity isn't that low.

Make sure that the seal on the tip of the HPR piston neck is there, and that it is clean and undamaged.

Make sure that the port on the end of the HPR adjuster screw is clean, and that it isn't scratched or dented.

Make sure that the HPR output pressure isn't set too high, as this can reduce velocity.

Set your dwell back to stock if it has been lowered.

Try a fresh quality battery.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 06:56 PM #3
BUZZ3D
Lockdown

It doesnt have a QEV
Old 11-06-2010, 09:31 PM #4
mongoman

mongoman owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
how low is low velocity? are we talking 240 or balls just falling out of the barrel?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:26 PM #5
BUZZ3D
Lockdown

Sorry for the late response guys! Just been so busy gearing up for Brawl For It All.

It was the rammer housing o-rings.

Thank you so much to Uziel for the list of possibilites, it was a huge help!
Old 11-13-2010, 07:29 PM #6
Uziel Gal

No problem at all - glad to help.
Old 11-07-2011, 03:12 PM #7
Franx

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZ3D View Post
Sorry for the late response guys! Just been so busy gearing up for Brawl For It All.

It was the rammer housing o-rings.

Thank you so much to Uziel for the list of possibilites, it was a huge help!
Hi, I have the same problem,first it was the First shot velocity problem but then i cleaned everything and it was ok. the problem is that i think my etek2 is not shooting as it did before. its just under 240 FPS so i was woundering how did you replace the rammer housing o-rings? they are in the shell of the gun and im not sure if i want pull anything as it might brake.i searched on PE page for tutorials or any tips but there isnt anything that can help me with this one. tnx in advance!
Franx
Franx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 06:28 PM #8
Uziel Gal

Unfortunately, there aren't any short cuts to getting to the rammer housing o-rings.

You need to remove the frame, after carefully unplugging the various wires from the board. I would suggest removing the LPR assembly, which in turn allows you to remove the valve spring and exhaust valve - best to get those safely out of the way.

Withe the frame removed, you can then unscrew the valve plug, releasing the rammer housing/valve guide. This can then be pulled out of the rear of the marker body.

Remember though, just because changing the rammer housing o-rings fixed BUZZ3D's marker, doesn't mean that replacing those o-rings will fix your leak. All the items I listed in post #2 can lead to reduced velocity.
Old 11-08-2011, 07:05 AM #9
Franx

Tnx
Old 06-27-2012, 06:37 AM #10
Franx

heyuys,ever since i posted my problem i ws trying to get my marker working,but still..no progress,i tryed everything in the descripotions and was sure that the rpoblem was either the LPR or the HPR so i took a pergect working egos LPR and HPR put it on my etek and the problem at first was gone,so i thought,but i wasnt for sure because i had no crono,so i got the crono and the problem was the same..
then i instaled MY LPR and HPR on the ego and i sav the regs are perfectly fine...so it cant be the reg...
im out of options...battery is new,everything is clean,i changed ALL,and i mean ALL the orings and still nothing..could it be that the problem is a spring or something?the banjo hoses are unblocked...i have no idea what could it be. :/
Old 06-27-2012, 06:52 AM #11
Bats13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franx View Post
heyuys,ever since i posted my problem i ws trying to get my marker working,but still..no progress,i tryed everything in the descripotions and was sure that the rpoblem was either the LPR or the HPR so i took a pergect working egos LPR and HPR put it on my etek and the problem at first was gone,so i thought,but i wasnt for sure because i had no crono,so i got the crono and the problem was the same..
then i instaled MY LPR and HPR on the ego and i sav the regs are perfectly fine...so it cant be the reg...
im out of options...battery is new,everything is clean,i changed ALL,and i mean ALL the orings and still nothing..could it be that the problem is a spring or something?the banjo hoses are unblocked...i have no idea what could it be. :/
go to a shop? let a technician figure it out...
Bats13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:46 PM #12
Franx

the prob is that im in Croatia,and we dont have PE or any other stores,all private and no service shops... :/ the nearest is UK,or US...but i wont send my gun and pay the shipping and all the extra costs for one spring i got ebay
Old 04-13-2017, 12:54 PM #13
superqwak
B-Man

has been a member for 10 years
Old thread but was this ever solved?