Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-10-2012, 12:19 PM #85
barrel roll
secedere

has been a member for 10 years
barrel roll is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
barrel roll is Legendary
Know what sucks about IQs? Knowing you are smarter than the people around you, but having to "hide" it so you're not behaving like a giant douche.
MQ2 rebuild kits, MP4 ram rebuilds, general 'cocker teching
Will soon be making super slick mid/half block bolts
barrel roll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-10-2012, 12:23 PM #86
Iamamartianchurch

It's a good thing I barely break 65 then, I can be myself without reproach.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 03:08 PM #87
chodeyg
sprezzatura

i have no clue what my IQ is. i know at one time i was considered gifted. hopefully the beer has done minimal damage.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:20 PM #88
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

I was tested at 142 in high school. I never bothered to see what that meant exactly until just now. Dang.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Tafari Makonnen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 04:28 PM #89
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Equally depressing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tafari Makonnen View Post
I was tested at 142 in high school. I never bothered to see what that meant exactly until just now. Dang.
Any idea what test you took? I took a WAIS-III a while back and scored a 132. While I know I'm not an idiot, and a pretty quick learner, I find it a bit scary that I'm in the top 2%.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."

Last edited by Drex17 : 12-11-2012 at 04:00 AM.
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 10:09 PM #90
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

No idea, never paid any attention.

Throughout history, it has been the inaction of those who could have acted; the indifference of those who should have known better; the silence of the voice of justice when it mattered most; that has made it possible for evil to triumph.
Old 12-11-2012, 07:05 AM #91
Snake13
Escaped Rakkasan

Snake13 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I take back what I said about MSNBC, saw some on AFN this afternoon and while I don't know if they can be said to be as manipulative, they've definitely fully embraced being the liberal counterpart to Fox News
Snake13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 08:15 AM #92
drgonzo
Half-cocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post
I take back what I said about MSNBC, saw some on AFN this afternoon and while I don't know if they can be said to be as manipulative, they've definitely fully embraced being the liberal counterpart to Fox News
While MSNBC has progressive-oriented opinion, it is a real news channel unlike Fox News. So from that standpoint, no, it is not any kind of counterpart to Fox News.

It is not possible to do real, responsible journalism and have the slant Fox News does. Reality has a progressive bias. That's by design, modern progressivism is highly realistic, respects science, etc. and if you stake out a position diametrically opposing that, you have to be unrealistic, anti-science, etc.
Old 12-11-2012, 08:24 AM #93
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Gonzo is the best.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:05 AM #94
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Gonzo is the best.
He's honest and open about it, more than can be said for some people who pretend to be other than they are.
Old 12-11-2012, 09:12 AM #95
F1VENOM

He's like a book with no spine, wide open.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"
F1VENOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 09:39 AM #96
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
He's honest and open about it, more than can be said for some people who pretend to be other than they are.
This bias is ok because it is the one I like. So really then it isn't even biased at all, it is just correct.

Old 12-11-2012, 09:44 AM #97
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
This bias is ok because it is the one I like. So really then it isn't even biased at all, it is just correct.
Well it's better than pretending you aren't a liberal or a conservative when someone calls you out on it. It's also better than pretending you aren't biased.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:27 PM #98
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Tuff is a founding member
Quote:
Originally Posted by licence2kill View Post
embrace the GOP's entrenched racism

EMBRACE IT

Says the guy who's been banned for racism

Quote:
While MSNBC has progressive-oriented opinion, it is a real news channel unlike Fox News. So from that standpoint, no, it is not any kind of counterpart to Fox News.
And not a one of you liberals is calling this bull**** out I see.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:28 PM #99
F1VENOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuff View Post
And not a one of you liberals is calling this bull**** out I see.
Actually, 3 of us commented on it.

Unless you're implying that none of us are liberals.
"Originally posted by visualx: hey everyone, look at me. i call people poor though i make absolutely nothing; brag about my job as an intern or some ****; hate on people for not being fat like me; and absolutely never have any idea what i'm talking about, though i always have a ****ing righteous indignation with everything i say! aren't i ****ing amazing?! do you all like me yet?! oh, you know that hate is just a guise! good thing i have a ****ing amazing life! now let me go **** my fat girlfriend and cry myself to sleep"

Last edited by F1VENOM : 12-11-2012 at 10:31 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:29 PM #100
Way2scary4u
I AM SCARY......MEOW

Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VI
Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VII
Way2scary4u is playing at Living Legends VIII
Way2scary4u supports Team VICIOUS
Way2scary4u supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tin-Man
http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-n...s-data-2012-11

This is fairly funny to me. Although I do not have a extremely strong background in statistics being in the medical field, this is fairly blatant. Unfortunately, I cannot find comparable episodes from 'liberal' news organizations.
Wow is all I can say

Last edited by Way2scary4u : 12-11-2012 at 10:40 PM.
Way2scary4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2012, 10:44 PM #101
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake13 View Post
You're missing the point, this thread isn't about bias, no one here is talking about bias. Bias is unintentional and unavoidable, the point of view and pre-conceived notions of a news reporter is going to color the actual reporting in some way, even when the reporter attempts to control for it.
Uh, go back to page 1, the sixth and seventh post began talking about bias it does involve bias. Have people in less than a week forgot how the debate began? ****ing LOL @ that. Bias is not unintentional, nor is it unavoidable to the degree Martain expressed; I reject that statement as fact because he suggested it, or anyone who does. Bias can be a conscious choice with many of these networks in question.

Quote:
No one is accusing Fox News of bias here

See previous statement. Holy ****.

Quote:
Fox News deliberately and systemically uses its programming to push and/or cater to an agenda and has no qualms about being totally dishonest in order to do so. MSNBC is biased as ****, and has individuals that sometimes exhibit that sort of behavior, but unless they've gotten exceptionally worse in the last year or so (last time I saw an MSNBC program) they don't do it at an organizational level like Fox News (who actually went to court to defend their ability to report things dishonestly).
And this statement is bull****, and thus why we are currently arguing. Fox catering to the right more is brought to attention more because they are the only major network doing it. MSNBC gets a pass because other networks cater to the same audience as them. I literally just posted MSNBC lying, and you apparently ignored that video and made this post anyways, because what the video showed, certainly appeared to look like it was done at the organizational level.

More race baiting. I bet Carl is friends with Toure. Carl likes pretending racism exists where it doesn't, while hiding that he himself is racist and has been banned for racism here. Notice how Toure got completely destroyed by SE Cupp, someone far his intellectual superior,and ignored Biden's own comments.

This forum is so amazingly ****ing weak at seeing both sides of an issue. This **** exists on the right too, called people out on it as well, blatantly ignored I see. This entire issue is not "Fox is bias, everyone else is great and if people think this is not about bias then go back to the SIXTH AND SEVENTH posts of the ****ing thread when the word came up and began being debated.

It's like some of you literally forgot how the debate even began. Apparently Carl shares his mushrooms with many of you.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:47 PM #102
F1VENOM

You need to be more specific in your admonishments.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:49 PM #103
Tuff
Supports 2nd Amendment

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
Actually, 3 of us commented on it.

Unless you're implying that none of us are liberals.
"Commented" on it, is not calling it out. As it stands, you completely gave said bull**** comment a free pass.

It makes me laugh that you wanted to previously talk **** about me "not understanding" something about global warming or this debate when you can't even tell the difference between someone addressing a particular bull**** comment, and someone praising Gonzo and calling it "commenting about it" when all it is is irrelevant drivel.

It's like I'm talking to three people with 5 alts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1VENOM View Post
You need to be more specific in your admonishments.
You need to get off your iphone and back to the drive thru window, Waldo.
Old 12-11-2012, 10:50 PM #104
F1VENOM

We laughed at his obvious bias, how is that a free pass?
Old 12-12-2012, 07:27 AM #105
Tafari Makonnen
His Imperial Majesty

Tuff is a special little guy. It is always nice to see him trying to have a conversation with the adults when his mom lets him on the computer. Good for him.