Old 10-02-2012, 11:41 AM #925
slateman

slateman is a Supporting Member
slateman is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
slateman is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by horrors View Post
I'm not saying this just to hate, but I seriously don't understand how someone with defensive skills of a high schooler can win MVP. I know it's going to happen, but it's a bit ridiculous lol

Meh 966 fielding pct, it's not a gold glove. I didn't give enough credit I suppose
Oh, because defense was so important when Josh Hamilton, Justin Morneu, Alex Rodriguez, and Ryan Howard won thte MVP ....

Quod Me Nutrit Me Destruit
slateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2012, 05:47 PM #926
horrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Oh, because defense was so important when Josh Hamilton, Justin Morneu, Alex Rodriguez, and Ryan Howard won thte MVP ....
Truu
horrors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 PM #927
horrors

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMC_OWNER View Post
I'm not sure how Austin Jackson hasn't gotten a gold glove. He's a severely under rated member of the Tigers.
The AL is stacked with center fielders
Old 10-02-2012, 05:56 PM #928
slateman

Because Trout was better in CF .... or did you all miss Sportscenter every night when he was making a highlight catch?

Old 10-02-2012, 06:02 PM #929
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slateman View Post
Because Trout was better in CF .... or did you all miss Sportscenter every night when he was making a highlight catch?
I'm not saying just this season...

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

#12 Michigan football record: 10-3 - Citrus Bowl Champions
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 06:49 PM #930
aimeagle21
Shooting people 4 fun

aimeagle21 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
aimeagle21 plays in the APPA D4 division
yea I almost fell over when tigers traded Granderson, but their only saving grace was getting Jackson. I also think Quinten (idk how to spell it) Berry is very under rated and is just a late bloomer, i'm telling you though you keep him in the line-up good things will happen. he's a baller.
COLORS PAINTBALL Fremont Michigan!
Old style trust
aimeagle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:04 PM #931
DMC_OWNER
Much bad. Very wow.

Crunch Berry's the man. I love that he's always so excited to be out there and playing and getting hits and stolen bases etc...

He's always clapping and he looks like he's just having a generally awesome time every time he's on the field.

Originally Posted by NinjaMouse:But as a poster in this thread, all I can say is good ****ing luck to whoever wants to try to knock you off the #1 spot. That will take something epic. It would be the upset of the posting season.

Originally Posted by Fat Joe: I don't feel the need to constantly point out when Im right.

#12 Michigan football record: 10-3 - Citrus Bowl Champions
DMC_OWNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:15 PM #932
aimeagle21
Shooting people 4 fun

aimeagle21 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
aimeagle21 plays in the APPA D4 division
thats what I mean dude, he's just a baller. He can always bunt, he can always steal, and he will always be good on defense...**** I mean he couldn't have been brought up at a better time.
COLORS PAINTBALL Fremont Michigan!
Old style trust
aimeagle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 08:26 PM #933
slateman

LaRoche gets a career high in home runs and RBIs

Who's No. 1 in MLB in OPS (1.107), runs & extra-base hits over last 5 weeks of pennant race? Bryce Harper

Old 10-02-2012, 09:03 PM #934
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

****ing red sox.

can't possibly hold a ****ing 3-1 lead in the ninth. pathetic sack of **** team.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 PM #935
SpyderPB819

SpyderPB819 donated to help Peyton Trent
This is a fantastic game
SpyderPB819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 09:32 PM #936
Drex17
Valar Morghulis

Ahh yes, a round of applause for the yankees for coming back against the Pawtucket Red Sox, monumental achievement indeed.
"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have hitherto harmed us little; but some day the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying vistas of reality, and of our frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation or flee from the deadly light into the peace and safety of a new dark age."
Drex17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:33 AM #937
SmartyJones
Best in the World

SmartyJones helped look for balloons
SmartyJones is playing at Living Legends III
SmartyJones has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
SmartyJones has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
These kinds of awards are swayed by offense more than anything. Yes Trout is the more complete player, but I don't think the voters will ignore the Triple Crown. A lot more people are bringing up Cabrera's September performance v. Trout's as well.
SmartyJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:52 AM #938
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Dammit I love the Onion

Quote:

WASHINGTON—One week after watching the Washington Nationals clinch their first-ever playoff berth, local fans told reporters Thursday that they would never forget exactly where they were and who they were murdering on the night their team beat the Dodgers 4-1.

Fans across the Washington D.C. nostalgically reflected on the moment the Nationals secured a spot in the playoffs, sharing the vibrant memories of every victim they were killing during the game—impressions that they were certain would be with them for the rest of their lives.

“It was the bottom of the ninth, Drew Storen was pitching of course, and I remember Hanley Ramirez was coming up to bat with two outs just as that little ***** Derek started pleading for his life,” Trevor Forrest, 34, of Anacostia told reporters. “Man, I knew I was experiencing something truly special. I’ll never forget that moment because they made that third out and I put a bullet in his head and threw the gun in a nearby dumpster.”

“Go Nats,” he added.

Martin Fuller, a Southeast D.C. resident, reminisced about listening to the postseason-clinching victory on his car radio, fondly recalling the roar of the crowd and the sensation of blood and brain matter spraying across his face as he crushed a homeless man’s skull with a cinder block in a secluded alley.

Even a week later, Kevin Campbell, a 19-year-old from Potomac Gardens, provided vivid details about cheering on the momentous Nationals’ win on his smartphone as he leaned out the window of an SUV and gunned down a 17-year-old honor student, a pregnant woman, and a social worker he had mistaken for members of the gang MS-13.

Around the city, car horns were blaring and screams could be heard echoing through the streets. Following the game, many fans told reporters how hard being a Nationals fan has been over the year given the team’s losing records and the near-constant threat of being a homicide victim, but now, they say, part of that is history.

“I’m just glad I spent that night strangling somebody special,” Petworth resident Martin Fuller said. “And not half drunk beating a stranger to death in some bar. The memory is better that way.”

It’s been 79 years since a Washington D.C. team last made the MLB playoffs, meaning there aren’t many fans left who can remember back to what homicides they committed the last time this happened. That is, aside from 92-year-old Bethesda, MD resident Marvin Stadler who said that it has been worth the wait to witness another winning Washington team, this time while killing his wife, Beverly.

“It was 1933, I remember it well because that was the year I stabbed my brother, Franklin, in the woods,” Stadler said, adding that while he was much younger back then, the thrill and rush remained all the same this time around. “You lose some of the details as the years go by, but I’ll never forget wiping blood off that knife with that newspaper that said ‘Senators Clinch.’ That I remember like it was yesterday.”

For others who grew up hearing tales of their father’s involuntary manslaughter or ruthless homicides from that 1933 season, the Washington Nationals reaching the postseason represents something even more special than just an athletic achievement.

“For so many years my father would tell us the story about how he killed his business partner and threw him in the river on the night the Senators made the playoffs,” diehard Nationals fan Greg Royster said. “It makes me sad that he couldn’t be here, but I know he was there in spirit murdering my wife right along with me as I watched the game in front of the TV.”

“I’m just happy I’ll get to tell my sons about this team,” he added. “Well, at least the ones that I didn’t have to kill for witnessing the first murder.”
Old 10-03-2012, 01:51 AM #939
Fat_Joe
$OG$

Fat_Joe has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fat_Joe is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Seeing the Sox fail so miserable makes me so happy and angry at the same time. Angry in the present, but soooooo happy for the bigger picture. Hopefully all these ******s will hop off the wagon now.
Team Aircraft Carrier - Captain
Fat_Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:38 AM #940
slateman

Drex, sorry dude, but you lost the bet. There is no way the Orioles can have a better record than the Nationals.

Old 10-03-2012, 10:37 AM #941
horrors

I hate all the A's fans that flood the mlb boards. they act like they're about to win the WS or something. Yeah i'm pissed because we're one game away from giving them the AL west, but they all act like they have so much pride and they're going to be an underdog story.

Where the **** did they all come from, two months ago they couldn't even get 10k people to the coliseum lol
Old 10-03-2012, 01:46 PM #942
automagsrule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat_Joe View Post
Seeing the Sox fail so miserable makes me so happy and angry at the same time. Angry in the present, but soooooo happy for the bigger picture. Hopefully all these ******s will hop off the wagon now.
only till the sawks start winning again, then the pink hats will be back in force.

unfortunately, thats how bandwagon fans works.
automagsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM #943
horrors

Unreal
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM #944
slateman

LMAO ... so who had the A's winning the AL West?

Old 10-03-2012, 07:12 PM #945
SmartyJones
Best in the World

Thanks Dice K