bulzeye

bulzeye is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
bulzeye donated to help Peyton Trent
bulzeye supports Team VICIOUS
bulzeye is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueShooter View Post
I dunno, I just don't understand why some people HAVE to have aluminum/metal so badly... I play REAL rough with my gear, lots of diving/crawling/tripping/falling lol and I've never had any concern about the TM's body being able to take it. Same with my SP1. But what I DO notice with the TM7 is that I was able to XO at a monthly DarkOps game at Cousins (which basically means lugging props all over the field) while holding the TM7 in one hand all day without any trace of arm or wrist fatigue like I used to get even when two-handing my milsim A5's or X7. At this point I think its hard not to admit that there have clearly been some issues out of the gate with some of these markers, but they also have been taken care of promptly when the owner has called customer service instead of simply trashtalking on the internet. But I think a lot of people unfairly discredit it by assuming that since its plastic its weak. Trust me, if it were weak, I'd have broken it by now.
dont' forget when the ion came out it got the same hate, and it turned out to be a pretty damn good marker. some people just can't accept change. i wonder what they'll think if they ever go out to purchase a handgun and find polymer framed guns in the display case

KILLA$ KREW
UnspokeN
Old School Feedback
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-10-2008, 10:10 PM #44
Eries

Ive read this entire post and decided to go to my local shop and check this marker out. Got to the shop, talked with the Manager and told him about what I read. He acted shocked and grabbed it off the wall and started trying to get the handle to flex. He did get it to flex but as he handed it to me to try out I just started laughing.

It was not as bad as it sounded here.. The amount of flex is enough to see with a heavy tank. However the two pieces of the body touch never parted enough to scrape the skin or even show a breach into the body.

Though personally I loved the weight. Specially after having to carry around my 98 with steel tank. The stock fit right into my shoulder ever time(Im 6'3 270pnds and finding a stock that "fits" is very nice).. I didnt like the size of the barrel but I'm use to my ion and 98. The selector switch felt better and was easier to move than the x7, both of which are plastic by the way.

Now the feed neck was a PITA to get on and off.. Could even scrape your fingers on the rails. Nothing major though.

I also had likes and dislikes with the front grip. I liked it when it was down. But when collapsed It just didn't feel right..

I'm going back tomorrow and going to look again, this time with 425 in my pocket =D
Eries is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 08:39 AM #45
BTWOSOGsnakebite

Good luck man ive put 20k thru my TM7 now in mud rain and heat never let me down yet
BTWOSOGsnakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:14 PM #46
ScenarioSniper69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecno69r View Post
I have only had mine for alittle over a week and man I am in love. I own an A-5 w/etrig and a Mr2, so far this is my fav. I agree with above post that just because something is light does not mean it is flimsy and will break easily. The Aerospace industry uses light weight materials, does that mean airplanes and space shuddles are flimsy. I know that that is like compareing apples to oranges but hopefully it helps gets my 2 cents across. Lightweight is the way of the future. Even real guns are being made out of carbonfibre and other simular materials.
ok idiot. find me one real gun made from carbon fiber............it doesnt happen
ScenarioSniper69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:30 PM #47
Splatu
Just BRING it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScenarioSniper69 View Post
ok idiot. find me one real gun made from carbon fiber............it doesnt happen
HMM.. read this hater. And.. it's a polymer NOT carbon fiber.

http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg49-e.htm

now go back to the power rangers forums JOO got PWNED
Ballin Since 85
Splatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:38 PM #48
RogueShooter

^^Except the MP7 isn't carbon fiber, its polymer. It says so right in the article you linked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScenarioSniper69 View Post
Bushmaster Carbon 15. I win.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind

Last edited by RogueShooter : 12-03-2008 at 08:43 PM.
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:46 PM #49
BTWOSOGsnakebite

A lot of modern combat weapons are made out of Polymers body wise its a strong light material
BTWOSOGsnakebite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:53 PM #50
MNMini

plain and simple its called technology for a reason, I have had a tm7 for three months now and love it , loved it so much I went out and bought a mini, and just for kicks tommorrow I'm going to go and look at a DM9 at the local shop. people need to realize things will change regardless of your opinion. doesn't matter if it's a paintball marker,or a pickup truck. these industries feed off of trying new stuff, and I personally love that, some are going to crash and burn others are going to prosper. Stop complaining and find the one that you like........
MNMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:38 AM #51
1stpidcmdr

I love my mini, only had changed out the poppet, got a V2 of the poppet for free from KEE, didnt pay a cent. Was happy with the customer service.
1stpidcmdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:18 AM #52
shocktrooper
no stinkin' Badges

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulzeye View Post
dont' forget when the ion came out it got the same hate, and it turned out to be a pretty damn good marker. some people just can't accept change. i wonder what they'll think if they ever go out to purchase a handgun and find polymer framed guns in the display case
AGD used to advertise their polymer frames as "able to lift a truck"
shocktrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 02:24 AM #53
spartan985
one shot killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shocktrooper View Post
AGD used to advertise their polymer frames as "able to lift a truck"
theres a picture of that happening somewhere on the net...... AGD FTW!!!

polymer can be a good thing people.
spartan985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2008, 01:59 PM #54
Mc.Gregory

Mc.Gregory plays in the PSP
Mc.Gregory plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by scooby of nottingham View Post
do not be fooled this expensive piece of junk or this blatant lie to promote product."The BT TM-7™ utilizes Mini™ Technology to inflict maximum force from a marker of minimal size. Don’t be fooled by the size of the TM-7’s exterior; it can hang with the big boys and is by no means a lightweight. Once you hold one and pull the trigger, you won’t want to put it down. Its lightweight, yet durable construction is perfect for close quarters or long-range combat. This is the marker that just may have people rethink the way they looked at Mil-Sim paintball markers."

once u have purchased this flimsy blender and realize that when the paint from the action/ blender will ruin ur electronics and bt will not cover then u pretty much will have a 459 dollar flimsy piece of plastic that fails to make a "solid" paperweight and really has no purpose
do not be fooled this is not a mini!
dont be fooled you joined in august.
Old 12-21-2008, 03:57 PM #55
doomie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mc.Gregory View Post
dont be fooled you joined in august.
I sort of disagree with the things he said, but you have to admit someones join date has nothing to do with their paintball experience or knowledge. Right?
------------------------------------------------
Extreme Paintball-http://www.extremepaintball.net/

The Paintball Zone -Rest in Peace, Dave-
http://www.thepaintballzone.com
doomie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:02 PM #56
NoMercyJoe
can see you

NoMercyJoe helped look for balloons
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuckboy View Post
why would anyone buy a mini or a tm7 haha, a mini sucks and a tm7 feels like its gonna break if i got the stock caught in a branch
So..what do you have to base your claims that a mini sucks. I will give it to you that the gen 1 had some problems, but, after I got a replacement poppet my mini has been running like a champ ever since, which, is well over a year. Most everyone that had a bad experience with them had a Gen 1, a lot of bad luck, or, quite frankly, is too stupid to use the gun/learn how to fix it.

-Joe

Edit --- RogueShooter ? I like your avy...gotta love Gunny Ermey.
VVVVVVV

Last edited by NoMercyJoe : 12-23-2008 at 09:45 AM.
NoMercyJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 PM #57
RogueShooter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doomie View Post
I sort of disagree with the things he said, but you have to admit someones join date has nothing to do with their paintball experience or knowledge. Right?
yeah but when you join a forum and your first posts are to wage a trash talking war about an incoming product, one kinda has to wonder what your motivations are and who your really are? A fanboy of BT's competing manufacturers mayhaps? Or just another forum troll who likes to start trouble. I'm all for honest and fair discussion of issues, both positive and negative. But there's a difference between saying "i don't like this product because of X and Y or I had problems with X and Y", and saying "what a piece of plastic crap this thing sucks blah blah blah". The former is constructive discussion whereas the latter is just internet trash talk that doesn't really help anyone.
GOG/DLX - Valken - QuickShot Paintball - FogDoc.com - TechT - Deadlywind
RogueShooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:23 AM #58
Phillyblunts
phil klepka

Phillyblunts helped look for balloons
Quote:
why would anyone buy a mini or a tm7 haha, a mini sucks and a tm7 feels like its gonna break if i got the stock caught in a branch
A TM-7 is meant to be light weight and if I remember correctly, the stock is reinforced with metal under the plastic.
Phillyblunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:46 AM #59
spyder2k2
Back in action!

spyder2k2 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
so because the outer shell of a tm-7 made by the same polymer that most firearms nowadays use it's going to break?

also, like nomercyjoe stated that the 1st gen mini's werent that great. that's why the future generations were corrected and now they shoot much better than their predecessors.

also, just because you shoot a vice, does that mean you need to put down another marker?

maybe you should do your research before you start a flame-fest.
spyder2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:35 PM #60
suzukikid2112

suzukikid2112 plays in the PSP
suzukikid2112 donated to help Peyton Trent
suzukikid2112 is an NCPA player
suzukikid2112 plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Why? A mini is arguably one of the best guns that can be found for under 225 used. They have a nice feel, are very efficient, and hardly ever break(v2 and v3).
suzukikid2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 11:19 PM #61
CheckerBoard

If he thinks that the TM7 Feels like it'll break at any moment, he's obviously never handled a PMR w/ a Carbon Fibre Barrel... Not that it will break but it's light enough to feel like a toy.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:24 PM #62
MNMini

I just cant get over the guy complaining that a marker that is light and fast , both of which would have an advantage in the sport, are being used as points to make the marker sound bad. they can make anything out of carbon fiber, or composites to make them stronger and lighter. and you can break anything, I've broken dm8's x-7's tac 8's , If you use it, it will break sooner or later. thats why they make replacement parts. I favor both of the markers thats my .002 cents
MNMini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2008, 10:00 PM #63
outkast kid

outkast kid is a Paintball photographer
not surprised, I've never seen a Mini work right in person. they feel amazing in your hands but when it comes to reliability, it's just not there.
outkast kid is offline   Reply With Quote