Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-18-2013, 01:45 PM #1
skvngr100

skvngr100 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
skvngr100 supports DLX Technology
Pooty core vs 2.0 core

My question is the pooty core more finicky than the 2.0 core in oring fitment?
skvngr100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-19-2013, 09:38 AM #2
ProjectPb
ProjectPb.com

ProjectPb supports Shocker RSX
ProjectPb supports Ninja Paintball
Yes. Just use the stock Powercore.

We proudly offer: Virtue, Ninja, DLX, GoG, Shocker Paintball, Exalt, HK Army, Contract Killer, Valken, Field One and more
ProjectPb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:14 AM #3
jtguy2269

has been a member for 10 years
in my experience yes, stick with the 2.0 core.
jtguy2269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 09:23 AM #4
shockerboy001
Yasser Hanbali

plays in the NXL
shockerboy001 supports DLX Technology
shockerboy001 supports Shocker RSX
use the 2.0 powercore the only flaw with it is that the spring is rated to 100k shots but its free to get a replacement, and if your gun ever needs tech work its easier for the DLX crew to fix the stock core.

DLX/SP Tech

DLX/SP Tech support, for fastest response send me a PM.
shockerboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:08 PM #5
K-9
name's ryon. hi

K-9 plays in the PSP
K-9 donated to help Peyton Trent
K-9 supports DLX Technology
Id run a core with a spring mod that utilizes the Rhino Spring
K-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 05:49 PM #6
skvngr100

But the pooty core shoots better and is uses less air?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:32 PM #7
hanifan85
greenleaf85

hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
hanifan85 supports DLX Technology
hanifan85 owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Ultimately yes it does, but it is more finicky.
Old 03-21-2013, 06:40 PM #8
skvngr100

Got it
Old 03-21-2013, 06:56 PM #9
skvngr100

Has anyone tried to use the pooty bolt with stock can. Is that a best of both worlds or is the bolt the reason for the oring finicky thing
Old 03-21-2013, 08:03 PM #10
digital sol

digital sol supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by skvngr100 View Post
Has anyone tried to use the pooty bolt with stock can. Is that a best of both worlds or is the bolt the reason for the oring finicky thing
I havnt got paint through mine yet as Im waiting on my barrel from anno but i went with the following

-polished nox bolt
-pooty modded 2.0 can "1 bar removed"
-ndz bolt guide>no insert
-standard rhino spring
-ft in

-Getting full healthy cycles with 0 stick at 12ms. Ill be tuning it once i get my barrel back, most likely ill end up with a dwell of 14-16 with fsdo at 0 or 1. With the ndz can and trying a million oring cominbations I cant get a single healthy cycle with the dwell at 18 and ft in on the same setup.....2.0 can ftw.
digital sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:24 PM #11
skvngr100

Let me know how it goes digital.

I got my luxe with a pooty 1.0 then upgraded it to a pooty 2.0. I replaced all the orings and had a little trouble finding the right oring for fitment even with the pooty ones from oring monkey. So I'm thinking of getting a 2.0 v2 with rhino spring and sell the others. But want to see how the pooty flat faced bolt works with it.

Oh and on the sail oring the orings where flat on the inside and out side. Has anyone used these and how did they do? I ran out of air before I could check it out.

Last edited by skvngr100 : 03-22-2013 at 12:34 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:51 PM #12
ROCKNROLLA

ROCKNROLLA plays in the PSP
ROCKNROLLA owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ROCKNROLLA plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:

I got my luxe with a pooty 1.0 then upgraded it to a pooty 2.0. I replaced all the orings and had a little trouble finding the right oring for fitment even with the pooty ones from oring monkey. So I'm thinking of getting a 2.0 v2 with rhino spring and sell the others. But want to see how the pooty flat faced bolt works with it.

Oh and on the sail oring the orings where flat on the inside and out side. Has anyone used these and how did they do? I ran out of air before I could check it out.
I have the V2 with rhino spring. I prefer it over my stock 2.0 core. It has not been finicky at all for me. I made sure the orings were fitted correctly when I first got it and it has just been set it and forget since then. Besides lubing about every 3 cases. I highly recommend it!
ROCKNROLLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:54 PM #13
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends X
MaG Adrenal1ne supports Team VICIOUS
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D5 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
This. Ive been using a pooty flat face bolt and pooty bolt guide with my stock 2.0 can. Im loving it. I personally think its the best way to go.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 03:07 PM #14
digital sol

Quote:

The issue is the tolerances on the ndz v1 can's are off and required a hand picked selection of orings to work properly. The stock 2.0 can dosnt have this issue and from what i hear the ndz can v2 also dosnt have this issue but I couldnt justify the price between the ndz v2 can and the 2.0 can just to be able to unscrew it. The orings are super easy to remove even without having to break the can down into two pieces. Plus i went with the 2.0 modded pooty can so 1 of the bars was removed thus increasing the volume>lowering the operating pressure which was my personal goal.

I never had issues with the ndz v1 can unless I was trying to use the FT screw installed. Ultimately i want to use the FT screw as the shot is noticeably more quiet and feels softer with high rof cycles.

Tracking shows my barrel kit here in the next few days so ill update this once i get chrono testing in and rip a case on it.
Old 03-22-2013, 08:58 PM #15
Wabbit23

Wabbit23 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Wabbit23 is for the Gunfight
Wabbit23 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Wabbit23 supports DLX Technology
I have had both i prefer the pooty bolt but it is very picky on oring fitment the 2.0 is amazing tho which is what i run with now but if you like to tech your guns all the time go with the pooty if you want a hassle free core go with the 2.0
Wabbit23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 09:21 PM #16
skvngr100

I'm going to try pooty super 2.0 with rhino spring and pooty flat faced bolt.
Old 03-22-2013, 09:45 PM #17
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabbit23 View Post
I have had both i prefer the pooty bolt but it is very picky on oring fitment the 2.0 is amazing tho which is what i run with now but if you like to tech your guns all the time go with the pooty if you want a hassle free core go with the 2.0
I dont believe the bolt is what is making it finicky, sounds like you swapping the entire core not just the bolt. If your swapping the entire core id be willing to bet your using a ndz v1 can. In my experience all issues with bolt stick and such have come down to the firing can, not the bolt. I will test this once my barrel is back. I have the following items to test with

stock 1.0 can
stock 1.0 bolt
2.0 can w/1 window removed
ndz polished two piece can v1
ndz sprung & polished bolt
stock bolt
nox polished bolt
Old 03-22-2013, 11:24 PM #18
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

plays in the NXL
Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
Hey digital, how is it that you polish a noxbolt? I assume just a polishing wheel and not sanded?

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 11:33 PM #19
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
Hey digital, how is it that you polish a noxbolt? I assume just a polishing wheel and not sanded?
Pooty actually did the polishing. Its not metal so i presume a plastic type of polish compound was used. Honestly the nox bolt will never slide through the firing can as easy as a metal polished bolt but it is still noticeably more quiet than any other luxe bolt available and equally as consistent. Especially if you keep the FT in. Ill throw up some details and test perhaps a video or two once my barrel kit is back. Its my only barrel period at this point so dead in the water until it shows up.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:49 PM #20
Naumoff42
Keyboard Warrior

plays in the NXL
Naumoff42 plays in the MiLP
Naumoff42 donated to help Peyton Trent
Naumoff42 supports DLX Technology
I just wondered because i just recently acquired a NOx bolt and I've been trying to make the ultimate power core for a quiet shot. I haven't had a chance to test the bolt too much but I've been impressed so far. Hopefully it will work with the ft screw because my ndz can never would. Right now Im using the nox, 2.0 can (ill chop a bar off soon) and a stock bolt guide with two of the bars chopped off to add volume. Once i can find a cheap ndz guide Im going to do the same with that

Let me buy your Philly Luxe

DaLuxe Mob

Naumoff42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:29 AM #21
digital sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naumoff42 View Post
I just wondered because i just recently acquired a NOx bolt and I've been trying to make the ultimate power core for a quiet shot. I haven't had a chance to test the bolt too much but I've been impressed so far. Hopefully it will work with the ft screw because my ndz can never would. Right now Im using the nox, 2.0 can (ill chop a bar off soon) and a stock bolt guide with two of the bars chopped off to add volume. Once i can find a cheap ndz guide Im going to do the same with that
Your going for the exact same setup as me. I too am wanting the most quiet shot I can achieve. I definitely recommend the 2.0 can over the ndz v1 can. I literally tried 100 oring combinations on the v1 can to get my luxe to cycle with the ft in without a ridiculous dwell or fsdo and had 0 luck. Granted I haven't shot paint yet im getting full healthy cycles at 12ms with the FT installed! FSDO is currently at 1. I imagine ill end up putting the dwell at 14-16 either way as its not that important on the luxe as far as efficiency is concerned but time will tell while tuning over a chrono.

I also have a vented solenoid block however I have a stock spare I will swap as well. I really wish I had a luxe pressure tester to document what parts really lower how much of the operating pressure for the same chrono speeds etc but it appears they stopped producing them

I had my body converted to A/C threading so I can use the Sanchez Orbium III barrel. It should be stoooooopid quiet with the amount of porting on that kit but time will tell! Do share what you find/test please, I will do the same!