PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:41 AM #43
Derr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gold_Eagle View Post
I'm sorry your religion changes the rules every couple months. But it's just so easy to give my opinion in an online forum, you know...like I have free speech or some crazy idea like that.

Thank you, and touche.
You have free speech!? Where? All I got is this lousy freedom of speech.

Back ot: I know we make fun of this, but honestly, it's a pretty good idea.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2007, 11:13 AM #44
NicoleW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derr View Post
Back ot: I know we make fun of this, but honestly, it's a pretty good idea.
Nice to see that at least someone else agrees with me here
Old 06-25-2007, 11:51 PM #45
plumba20

what your religion changes rules every month......that's strange
Old 06-25-2007, 11:54 PM #46
Truthiness

Hey now, is it really that bad that they're trying to get people to behave when they're driving?

I am entirely serious.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:11 PM #47
FuzzyFish

has been a member for 10 years
Driving has nothing to do with your faith, and you won't find these new commandments they decided to create within the bible. Therefore I believe some actually have a good point that the church is trying to tell you how to live your life (and changes the rules when it feels like it.) If your a catholic, thats fine, go follow your Bible, but don't listen to stupid vatican leaders who use the meaning of the Bible for their own benefit or modify their religion the way they see fit.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old 06-29-2007, 02:30 PM #48
NicoleW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
Driving has nothing to do with your faith, and you won't find these new commandments they decided to create within the bible. Therefore I believe some actually have a good point that the church is trying to tell you how to live your life (and changes the rules when it feels like it.) If your a catholic, thats fine, go follow your Bible, but don't listen to stupid vatican leaders who use the meaning of the Bible for their own benefit or modify their religion the way they see fit.
What? That is not whats going on. It was just a catchy title they used to get people's attention. All they are saying is to exercise patience, prudence and charity towards other drivers and to avoid such vices as rage and what not. All concepts found in the bible already, they are just applying it to a modern day problem. Chill.
Old 06-30-2007, 01:08 PM #49
FuzzyFish

so basically, their telling you to do things you should of already been doing? Provided these concepts actually are within the bible, that means the Vatican is just wasting its time telling everyone something they should already know provided they are religious.
Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." —George W Bush Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004
Old 06-30-2007, 05:21 PM #50
NicoleW

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyFish View Post
so basically, their telling you to do things you should of already been doing? Provided these concepts actually are within the bible, that means the Vatican is just wasting its time telling everyone something they should already know provided they are religious.
Well people aren't perfect and its nice to have a reminder every once and awhile to keep us on track.
Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM #51
KyPaintBawler

I can't believe I would ever agree with Nicole. (No offense)
Old 07-04-2007, 11:50 AM #52
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoleW View Post
So do you think there is something wrong with providing the faithful with helpful reading material to consider or are you saying that just by its very nature, having so much printed literature out there lends itself to the opportunity for criticism?
I don't suppose there is anything wrong with providing helpful advice, but it just seems to me that the Church treats it's members as if they are children. Do you really need to be told by the Church that getting pissed off and flying into a rage while driving is counter-productive? If the Church hadn't issued this statement, would you live your life any differently?

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.