Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2014, 06:58 PM #85
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintballBandito View Post
I'm going to quote and bold this because this is a thread targeted at beginners and this post implies a few things that aren't true. The implication in this case that your Z-1 was somehow more accurate or more powerful than the Tippmanns the field was renting is simply wrong. The myths from the old days that cockers were more accurate or this gun shot farther than that gun or had a different flight path have been pretty well debunked. Any marker shooting quality paint with a proper paint to bore match will shoot exactly the same in terms of distance and accuracy given a set velocity. A Spyder shooting GI 4 star with a 12" barrel at a slight underbore will have the same range and accuracy for a given shot as a Luxe shooting GI 4 star with a 12" barrel at a slight underbore. For new players, I think reliability is the most important part of a paintball gun because it takes time to learn how to properly maintain equipment and paintball is no fun when your gun is constantly breaking.
While this whole post is spot on, I want to highlight the bolded section. This is why, in general, I suggest first time owners buy a new marker from a reputable manufacturer. This way any possible poor maintenance habits, aftermarket parts that may affect operation, maintenance and/or repair procedures, and abuse issues are eleminated from the learning curve and frustration factor.
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-12-2014, 07:39 PM #86
craigert

The funny thing is that the kid started the thread 4 months ago and probably bought a gun 3 months ago. Hahaha
craigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:43 AM #87
jpm51890

Used ion $70 or $150 upgraded had mine a few years and have never had any problems
jpm51890 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 06:56 AM #88
jpm51890

68 classic extremely reliable and simple if you don't want an electro
jpm51890 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 11:06 AM #89
paintzapper

paintzapper supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigert View Post
The funny thing is that the kid started the thread 4 months ago and probably bought a gun 3 months ago. Hahaha
And prob hasn't checked in since
paintzapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2014, 01:19 PM #90
Robotech

has been a member for 10 years
Robotech is attending Decay of Nations VII
Yea, but the great thing about a forum is that if someone else comes on here, and is looking to have the same question answered, they may read this and get an answer to their question without having to start a whole new post on the subject...

...of course that never happens but one can hope, right?
Robotech is offline   Reply With Quote