Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-20-2014, 08:03 PM #1303
craigert

Ok Nate so I rebuilt the reg with a new backup piston I forgot I had. When I got it all back together, the pin is rattling around in there. Is that normal until I air up the tank again?
craigert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-21-2014, 09:34 AM #1304
NYOC~DEVIL
NYOC PAINTBALL MILITA

Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NYOC~DEVIL supports Team VICIOUS
NYOC~DEVIL has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
NYOC~DEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NYOC~DEVIL is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
NYOC~DEVIL supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonemerc View Post
Hey there!

I have/had an awesome ninja reg and let a friend use it at a tourny as his burst disks kept blowing. Turns out that was a terrible idea on my part as he crossthreaded the bonnet, destroyed the bonnet and his asa.

Needless to say I bought a new bonnet. Externally they look identical, until you tilt it up to see where the pin sits (it has a slight dip), and internally there are a few differences, unfortunately the pin seems too thin and long for the new bonnet. When I put the internals of the old bonnet into the new, the push pin is not centered and sits up quite far.

I have been using a Myth reg on my Luxe lately, but I miss my ninja

Is there anything I can do to remedy my situation? (Perhaps slap an oring at the bottom of the new reg to push the pin up, or is a new bonnet needed)

New bonnet is on the left. It is also quite a bit heavier than my previous regulator bonnet.

*EDIT**EDIT*After doing some research, I believe I was acting too fast and asked/received a bonnet but did not specify between the Brass and Aluminum bonnets.*EDIT**EDIT*
It looks like you have the new pro reg V2 bonnet that uses the ball bearing instead of the pin.

2013 Planet Eclipse GEO 3 - Poison IV
2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2014 Dye Rotor - Bomber Lime
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500

Member of the World Ballers
Member of The Axe Men
NYOC~DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:08 PM #1305
Riddler236

Riddler236 is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
This has probably been asked already, if so, I apologize, but is there any ETA on the 45ci SL? Last I saw, it was coming after the other sizes.
Riddler236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:11 PM #1306
bigjohn141

bigjohn141 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
bigjohn141 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
bigjohn141 plays in the APPA beginner division
Will ninja hydro any tanks? I have 2 cross fires that need tested.

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried."
bigjohn141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 02:46 PM #1307
NYOC~DEVIL
NYOC PAINTBALL MILITA

Annual Supporting Member
NYOC~DEVIL owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
NYOC~DEVIL supports Team VICIOUS
NYOC~DEVIL has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
NYOC~DEVIL has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
NYOC~DEVIL is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
NYOC~DEVIL supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler236 View Post
This has probably been asked already, if so, I apologize, but is there any ETA on the 45ci SL? Last I saw, it was coming after the other sizes.
I haven't heard anything about it, so most likely not

2013 Planet Eclipse GEO 3 - Poison IV
2013 Empire Axe LE - PDD
2014 Dye Rotor - Bomber Lime
2012 Dye Rotor - Black
Dye i4 - Black
Ninja 68/4500
Ninja Pro 50/4500

Member of the World Ballers
Member of The Axe Men
NYOC~DEVIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:13 PM #1308
Nate @ Ninja PB
Ninja Paintball

Nate @ Ninja PB works for a Paintball manufacturer
Nate @ Ninja PB owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonemerc View Post
Hey there!

I have/had an awesome ninja reg and let a friend use it at a tourny as his burst disks kept blowing. Turns out that was a terrible idea on my part as he crossthreaded the bonnet, destroyed the bonnet and his asa.

Needless to say I bought a new bonnet. Externally they look identical, until you tilt it up to see where the pin sits (it has a slight dip), and internally there are a few differences, unfortunately the pin seems too thin and long for the new bonnet. When I put the internals of the old bonnet into the new, the push pin is not centered and sits up quite far.

I have been using a Myth reg on my Luxe lately, but I miss my ninja

Is there anything I can do to remedy my situation? (Perhaps slap an oring at the bottom of the new reg to push the pin up, or is a new bonnet needed)

New bonnet is on the left. It is also quite a bit heavier than my previous regulator bonnet.

*EDIT**EDIT*After doing some research, I believe I was acting too fast and asked/received a bonnet but did not specify between the Brass and Aluminum bonnets.*EDIT**EDIT*
Sorry to hear about your original bonnet and it appears that the replacement which you ordered is an alloy bonnet which is stronger than the aluminum you had before but is designed for our new BALL style regulators and not for a pin valve which you have. I can get you some information on getting the missing parts you need to get that new bonnet working for you though, give me a call at 815-477-0007 Ext 309 and I can get you that information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigert View Post
Ok Nate so I rebuilt the reg with a new backup piston I forgot I had. When I got it all back together, the pin is rattling around in there. Is that normal until I air up the tank again?
That rattling you are hearing is your fill nipple strut moving back and forth in your fill nipple which is completely normal when there is no air in the system to hold the strut out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler236 View Post
no updates or plans as of right now

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjohn141 View Post
Will ninja hydro any tanks? I have 2 cross fires that need tested.
We will hydro any brand of paintball tank, not just Ninja
www.facebook.com/ninjapaintball
Nate @ Ninja PB is offline   Reply With Quote