Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 04:02 PM #1
lilman
rawr.

lilman is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Official Christ Crew Thread

I have seen a whole lot of Christ Crew threads go up. It is somewhat cluttering the thread. For now I made a sticky. Please post everything about Christ Crew in this thread. I would appriciate it if you cooperated!

Thanks!
-Lilman
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-28-2006, 04:03 PM #2
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers

ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
yay first post.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:04 PM #3
ihaveadyematrix

we got system owned
for CK i was in and out the last thread will try to post more in this thread.
Old 07-28-2006, 04:49 PM #4
Mastermind26
We are moons

Mastermind26 is a Supporting Member
Lemme see if I can find the original avvy.

I saved this from the avvy I have:

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-28-2006, 05:35 PM #5
Cullen99
Golf Wang

woot
Old 07-28-2006, 06:51 PM #6
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Finally the system has caught up to us.

Q: Where does it state in the Bible that masturbation is a sin?
A: While the Bible doesn’t directly state masturbation is a sin you can find verses throughout the Bible stating that what occurs during masturbation is wrong. Why is it a sin? Because it defiles the body. The simple pleasure you feel is robbing the true purpose of the feeling. God designed it for pleasure between a Man and his Wife. What does masturbation involve? It involves, passion (biblical passion is described as sensual desire, animal in nature, purely earthly), fantasy (not grounded or rooted in reality), and lust (what you desire to have because you saw or can picture w/your mind's eye).

Matthew 5:27-30
27 "You have heard that it was said to those of old, 'You shall not commit adultery.'
28 But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.
29 If your right eye causes you to sin, pluck it out and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.
30 And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and cast it from you; for it is more profitable for you that one of your members perish, than for your whole body to be cast into hell.

Romans 8:13
8 For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

Romans 13:13-14
13 Let us walk properly, as in the day, not in revelry and drunkenness, not in lewdness and lust, not in strife and envy.
14 But put on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make no provision for the flesh, to fulfill its lusts

Corinthians 10:6-11
6 Now these things became our examples, to the intent that we should not lust after evil things as they also lusted.
7 And do not become idolaters as were some of them. As it is written, "The people sat down to eat and drink, and rose up to play”
8 Nor let us commit sexual immorality, as some of them did, and in one day twenty-three thousand fell;
9 nor let us tempt Christ, as some of them also tempted, and were destroyed by serpents;
10 nor complain, as some of them also complained, and were destroyed by the destroyer.
11 Now all these things happened to them as examples, and they were written for our admonition, upon whom the ends of the ages have come.

1 Thessalonians 4:3-5
3 For this is the will of God, your sanctification: that you should abstain from sexual immorality;
4 that each of you should know how to possess his own vessel in sanctification and honor,
5 not in passion of lust, like the Gentiles who do not know God;

Q: Where in the Bible does it say that being drunk is a sin?
A: Below are some scriptural references to being drunk as well as illicit drugs.

1 Sam. 1:12-16
12 And it happened, as she continued praying before the Lord, that Eli watched her mouth.
13 Now Hannah spoke in her heart; only her lips moved, but her voice was not heard. Therefore Eli thought she was drunk.
14 So Eli said to her, "How long will you be drunk? Put your wine away from you!"
15 And Hannah answered and said, "No, my lord, I am a woman of sorrowful spirit. I have drunk neither wine nor intoxicating drink, but have poured out my soul before the Lord.
16 Do not consider your maidservant a wicked woman, for out of the abundance of my complaint and grief I have spoken until now."

Jer. 48:25-26
25 The horn of Moab is cut off, And his arm is broken," says the Lord.
26 "Make him drunk, Because he exalted himself against the Lord. Moab shall wallow in his vomit, And he shall also be in derision.

Here being drunk was a punishment for his treatment and scorn of Israel.

Eph. 5:14-18
14 Therefore He says: "Awake, you who sleep, Arise from the dead, And Christ will give you light."
15 See then that you walk circumspectly, not as fools but as wise,
16 redeeming the time, because the days are evil.
17 Therefore do not be unwise, but understand what the will of the Lord is.
18 And do not be drunk with wine, in which is dissipation; but be filled with the Spirit,

1 Thess. 5:6-9
Therefore let us not sleep, as others do, but let us watch and be sober.
7 For those who sleep, sleep at night, and those who get drunk are drunk at night.
8 But let us who are of the day be sober, putting on the breastplate of faith and love, and as a helmet the hope of salvation.
9 For God did not appoint us to wrath, but to obtain salvation through our Lord Jesus Christ,
Old 07-28-2006, 10:11 PM #7
ECA Capt

Im srry but can some1 explain to me wut paintball has to do with religion. Im just curious or is this a place for paintballers to seek refuge.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 PM #8
ubduxxion
RIP Alex Myers

ubduxxion plays in the PSP
ubduxxion owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ubduxxion is an NCPA player
we use paintball as a means of transportation for the spreading of the word of christ. we represent a group of dedicated christian ballers who are trying to spread the word of god through a game they love.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 PM #9
C*Larn23

i masturbate. i havent been punished for it either. *knocks on wood*
Old 07-28-2006, 10:21 PM #10
TESlight'emupTES
My username is stupid

TESlight'emupTES donated to help Peyton Trent
Okay, so I have two questions.

1) Do you guys think God "punishes" us for our sins? He's forgiven us for everything we've done, anything we're doing, and all that we'll do, but do you still think he punishes us? I know the Bible says that we will be punished for the sins of our parents...

2) Do you think you still go to Heaven if you commit suicide? I AM NOT SUICIDAL. NOT THE LEAST BIT. However, I know a few girls who are going through basic teen emotions, and you know how teenage girls are... everything's dramatic. Some of the girls I'm talking about cut, and have thought about suicide. What do you guys think about it?
Old 07-28-2006, 11:14 PM #11
Mastermind26
We are moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TESlight'emupTES
Okay, so I have two questions.

1) Do you guys think God "punishes" us for our sins? He's forgiven us for everything we've done, anything we're doing, and all that we'll do, but do you still think he punishes us? I know the Bible says that we will be punished for the sins of our parents...

2) Do you think you still go to Heaven if you commit suicide? I AM NOT SUICIDAL. NOT THE LEAST BIT. However, I know a few girls who are going through basic teen emotions, and you know how teenage girls are... everything's dramatic. Some of the girls I'm talking about cut, and have thought about suicide. What do you guys think about it?
Ok. Let's tackle these:

1) It is not a matter of thinking if He punishes. Before I go on though, the Bible says the children will NOT be punished for the sins of the parents. The reference I think you are refering to is in Exodus 20, where God says He visits the iniquity of the fathers to the 3rd and 4th generations (children). This is a big difference, to visit the iniquity of the fathers was a prophecy of God visiting earth in human form (please see Matt. 1:17 for an explanation:
17 So all the generations from Abraham to David are fourteen generations (1), from David until the captivity in Babylon are fourteen generations (2), and from the captivity in Babylon until the Christ are fourteen generations (3).)

Now for the answer (sorry that was so lengthy but it was worth mentioning for clarity):
There are 3 or 4 basic things that are covered in your first question. 1 is forgiveness. 2 is deeds (whether good or bad). 3 is the punishment and 4 is sins.

It is easy to mix all these things and jumble them together. Let's get some things cleared before moving on. It is not the same thing deed to sin and it is not the same thing forgiveness to not being punished. To give an example: my daughter knows the rules of the house (in this case it'll be no cookies before supper), she disobeys the order, she's caught and has a time out (or some kind of punishment) coming, but she asks for forgiveness. Does she get it? Yes. The rules were clearly set ahead of time. She asks for forgiveness and gets forgiveness (I genuienly forgive her), but her action have consequences, the time out is enforced (with Love). Same for God except on a grander scale. Now for some Bible references:
Heb. 12:5-11
5 And you have forgotten the exhortation which speaks to you as to sons: "My son, do not despise the chastening of the Lord, Nor be discouraged when you are rebuked by Him;
6 For whom the Lord loves He chastens, And scourges every son whom He receives."
7 If you endure chastening, God deals with you as with sons; for what son is there whom a father does not chasten?
8 But if you are without chastening, of which all have become partakers, then you are illegitimate and not sons.
9 Furthermore, we have had human fathers who corrected us, and we paid them respect. Shall we not much more readily be in subjection to the Father of spirits and live?
10 For they indeed for a few days chastened us as seemed best to them, but He for our profit, that we may be partakers of His holiness.
11 Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

Rev. 3:15-19
15 I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I could wish you were cold or hot.
16 So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.
17 Because you say, 'I am rich, have become wealthy, and have need of nothing'--and do not know that you are wretched, miserable, poor, blind, and naked--
18 I counsel you to buy from Me gold refined in the fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, that the shame of your nakedness may not be revealed; and anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten. Therefore be zealous and repent.
There are many others, but I need more time (getting pretty late for me now).

I end it here and will see if I can address the 2nd portion and maybe continue with this (if you want) tomorrow.

CK member #04 (???)

Last edited by Mastermind26 : 07-28-2006 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:48 PM #12
noobkiller123

i get really confused when i read this stuff? is it just me or anyone else like this?
Old 07-29-2006, 12:13 AM #13
Mastermind26
We are moons

I was heading for bed but just F5'd for the sake of it. What exactly is so confusing? Maybe I can offer assitance.......

CK member #04 (???)
Old 07-29-2006, 12:56 AM #14
red_impy27

new to Christ Krew jw how do i join or whatever and where are the threads??? (i did a search for Christ krew)
Old 07-29-2006, 01:07 AM #15
JmanW742
VcK

reppin christ krew and the cross stickers i had custom made in Boston...

Last edited by JmanW742 : 08-01-2006 at 09:21 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:09 AM #16
timmyfreek
Ronin

timmyfreek supports Cereal Killerz 2
hey trigga, good luck in chi-town.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:35 AM #17
TriggaHappyKid
•••Love™•••

TriggaHappyKid is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmyfreek
hey trigga, good luck in chi-town.
Thanks, Im taking off in a half hour. I'll post a write up Monday probably.

God Bless,
Jordan
Old 07-29-2006, 06:11 PM #18
Eels23
The Hoss

Eels23 plays in the PSP
Eels23 plays in the APPA D4 division
Eels23 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Eels23 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Congrats guies. I know I don't chime in near as much as I use to but to be honest..... It's hard! I try and read everything I can so I can learn and help out but the fact of the matter is I don't know much of the Biblical stuff so I cant directly state things other than saying "Yeah, that's bad." I am learning and am glad how far CK has come and what it has done.

Andy
Myspace
Luxe F/S NEED MONEY
QUITTING SALE! CHEAP
Old 07-29-2006, 09:13 PM #19
Equation Impulse (Banned)

Thanks for the explanation in the previous thread, Pbministry. I have another question, though: when you do something that you know is wrong, that is a big sin, right? For instance, I know it is wrong to masturbate, but I still do it anyway. That is a huge sin, right?

I know this is an awkward topic to discuss (masturbation), but I need help, because I can't seem to stop. Any tips on stopping this immoral habbit?
Old 07-29-2006, 10:48 PM #20
HerroYuy_246

You need to try and immerse yourself with godly people, focus on God, and try to get some internet blockers and maybe have a friend set it up so you wouldn't know the password or how to get around it. Also people need to know that God isnt a God of don'ts hes a God of do's and the bible has waay more do's than don'ts. hope this helps man I know I had to deal with it and you can get over it! One more thing everytime you feel tempted get out of that environment (website, magazine etc.) and just remember how much God is there for you. Oh and there is no big sin or little sin its just sin. And we're human and when we sin we need to repent and get back up and on the road for God.
DM5 Black/Red Shooter #17

Last edited by HerroYuy_246 : 07-29-2006 at 11:04 PM.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:03 PM #21
noobkiller123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equation Impulse
Thanks for the explanation in the previous thread, Pbministry. I have another question, though: when you do something that you know is wrong, that is a big sin, right? For instance, I know it is wrong to masturbate, but I still do it anyway. That is a huge sin, right?

I know this is an awkward topic to discuss (masturbation), but I need help, because I can't seem to stop. Any tips on stopping this immoral habbit?
prayed for you, i know what your goin through... well im off to bed, goodnight guys!
Closed Thread