Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-19-2012, 09:53 PM #85
jweav151

Up until yesterday this was the stupidest thing I heard:
I played with a kid that was talking like he was playing COD or Halo all day. He asked the ref if we were playing respawns before every game, and then would talk about how he got a double/triple kill that game. He also had a hard time understanding that paintballs do not fly to exactly where you point the gun like in a video game.

Then yesterday this happened:
A lot of the players on the other team were getting hit multiple times but not going out. I hit one guy 3-4 times and he wasn't going out and I was screaming to the ref for a paint check but he didn't go look. The rest of my team was screaming to the refs for paint checks on other players too but they didn't go look. Eventually we won because we just kept shooting them until they couldn't take the pain. After the game the refs told my team "you have to tell us specifically which bunker to go check." I usually get a long very well with refs, but really; we have to give you specific locations when all of us are screaming that half the team is getting hit and not going out before you'll leave the sidelines and go do your job? That's gotta be in the top 10 stupid things ever said on a paintball field in the history of paintball!
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-19-2012, 10:10 PM #86
Lamron
Metrowest Bulldogs #5

Lamron is playing at Living Legends X
Lamron has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Lamron is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
My autococker is 10 years old. That being said, it still looks low, profile, tactical, sexy and balanced. I overheard this kid say, "His gun is worth $5000 on the market."
Should of asked him if he would buy it from you for like $2000.00 and then he could sell it for $5000.00 and make a profit.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:15 AM #87
SupaSteve20

SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
SupaSteve20 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Sitting in the staging area at my local field... Theres a few rental on at table across from us... one kid pulld his mask off and starts looking down the barrel (no condom)... one of the workers is walking past and casually says "dont worry kid your eye will grow back" wtihout breaking stride.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:40 PM #88
jerrymouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_81 View Post
Handing my Mechanical Autococker over to a kid and he says after looking it over:

"How do you turn it on?"

More out of ignorance then stupidity but i found it funny nonetheless.
I once met a kid who said like that....
Old 02-20-2012, 08:51 PM #89
Paper_Cut
Keyboard Warrior

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweav151 View Post
Up until yesterday this was the stupidest thing I heard:
I played with a kid that was talking like he was playing COD or Halo all day. He asked the ref if we were playing respawns before every game, and then would talk about how he got a double/triple kill that game. He also had a hard time understanding that paintballs do not fly to exactly where you point the gun like in a video game.
Respawns make for a much better game, you're not out of the action if you make a stupid mistake early on.
Paper_Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:00 PM #90
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Some guy was explaining electros or something. I don't know what, but he said "They're more accurate" and I thought "Bro... you're so damn wrong"
Mocking Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 08:32 PM #91
jweav151

I don't disagree that re-spawning can sometimes make games more entertaining, but coupled with the rest of the dude's video game comments, it was amusing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mocking Da Bird View Post
Some guy was explaining electros or something. I don't know what, but he said "They're more accurate" and I thought "Bro... you're so damn wrong"
To a certain extent they are, at least those with regulators, which are most. Guns with regulators run at a lower residual pressure so they have less fluctuations in air flow and pressure when firing rapidly so the grouping of shots will also have less fluctuation.
Old 02-26-2012, 08:06 PM #92
Technique247

"Why? I don't need to keep my mask on when I play airsoft"
Technique247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:14 AM #93
firl21
Atlanta Overdose

firl21 is playing at Living Legends VI
firl21 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
firl21 has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Subterfuge View Post
My autococker is 10 years old. That being said, it still looks low profile, tactical, sexy and balanced. I overheard this kid say, "His gun is worth $5000 on the market."
but it was gold plated and had diamonds encrusted.
kid was way off. more like 15000
#21 Atlanta Overdose

Check us out on facebook

SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL PAINTBALL FIELD
Major Azodin Fan
firl21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:00 PM #94
paintballer0506
paintballer

i was reffing this one time and we have a punch system, where if they break the rules 3 times they have to leave. anyway, while reffing, a kid took off his mask DURING a game, so i punched him. he then threatens to shoot me, and this against the rules so i punched him again and he yelled at me and told me he was going to talk to the manager and went into the lobby area without a barrel bag. 3 punches withen 45 seconds. while leaving he threw his new g6r on the ground abd screamed for his mom to take him home, some people...
paintballer0506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:38 PM #95
Cracker_35
Saltine or Graham?

Cracker_35 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Cracker_35 has achieved Level 5 in PbNation Pursuit
Cracker_35 is Legendary
Cracker_35 supports DLX Technology
I have a PMR, and some guy thought that's why I was shooting 250... Which is what my field's FPS limit is. Then he proceeded to tell me that the reason he couldn't shoot me was because he has a Spyder and it probably couldn't even hit 200.
Cracker_35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 07:56 PM #96
bunkerblast54

bunkerblast54 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
"Fanning my 98 in a woods game" some person with an ion- "whoa, are you a pro or something? you shoot so fast!" I was shooting like 6bps but okay.....
bunkerblast54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:56 AM #97
Mocking Da Bird
Rental

Mocking Da Bird is playing at Living Legends V
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Mocking Da Bird has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by jweav151 View Post
I don't disagree that re-spawning can sometimes make games more entertaining, but coupled with the rest of the dude's video game comments, it was amusing.

To a certain extent they are, at least those with regulators, which are most. Guns with regulators run at a lower residual pressure so they have less fluctuations in air flow and pressure when firing rapidly so the grouping of shots will also have less fluctuation.
Yeah, but he was making is seem like dead-on bullet-like accuracy.
Mocking Da Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM #98
Ptdoughnut

partially heard but then seen,

girl asked me if she was out of paint on the field. I heard a few rolling around in her hopper, Told her no you have a few left. She said "oh really!" turned the barrel towards her face (mask was on) and shot right up her mask and smashed her nose. Blood sprayed out of the mask vents onto my goggles along with white paint. Needless to say she didnt want to play anymore.
Ptdoughnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:21 PM #99
PaintballLiberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptdoughnut View Post

girl asked me if she was out of paint on the field. I heard a few rolling around in her hopper, Told her no you have a few left. She said "oh really!" turned the barrel towards her face (mask was on) and shot right up her mask and smashed her nose. Blood sprayed out of the mask vents onto my goggles along with white paint. Needless to say she didnt want to play anymore.
PaintballLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 02:32 PM #100
crippy02
Dat Coonass

crippy02 owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
crippy02 is for the Gunfight
crippy02 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
crippy02 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

friggin OUCH

You air up the marker, put on the gloves, strap on the mask, and walk onto the field.. it doesn't matter that you failed a test, that your girlfriend broke up with you last night, or that you got a ticket on the way there... your world is right for the next couple hours, this is your heaven on earth.. live it.. love it.. Paintball

CK MAFIA
crippy02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 05:46 PM #101
WeeAce
No, its not

WeeAce owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
WeeAce has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
WeeAce has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Wow if I had a machine gun,(referring to my TM-15) i could kill alot more guys too!!(referring to my 2-3 "kills" per game..
Old 03-15-2012, 06:44 PM #102
Blueballer349

A team mate suggesting patting your chest as a hand and arm signal... As if the refs wouldn't think you were wiping.
Blueballer349 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 PM #103
Paintman15
Justin

Paintman15 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Paintman15 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:

WHY would you do that?!?
Paintman15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 12:01 PM #104
jweav151

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paintman15 View Post
WHY would you do that?!?
It must be us, those of us that play regularly, I mean. The general safety rules, especially the concept of keeping your mask on and between a gun and your face at all times, must be very hard to understand until you've had them explained multiple times.

Last time I played there was a group of us that were dead but still watching from the edge of the field and this rental guy had his masked half tipped up onto his forehead and was looking down at his gun, with no barrel plug trying to lean it barrel up against a tree. I told him to put his mask back on and and put his barrel plug in. He turn his head and looked at me, hands still blindly fiddling with positioning his gun, no idea if safety was on. So I took the gun out of his hands and laid it down so it wasn't pointed at his face anymore and told him again to put his mask on and his response was "Chill dude, my mask is mostly on!"

It has to be us! Our belief that you wear a mask to protect your face from a shot from any gun on the field at any time must be wrong. I suspect that it's true purpose is to only protect your face from other people's shots, during a game and only if it's not fogged up.
Old 03-16-2012, 12:32 PM #105
liquidfiretibby

liquidfiretibby plays in the PSP
liquidfiretibby owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
liquidfiretibby posts videos on PbNation
liquidfiretibby plays in the APPA D4 division
liquidfiretibby has perfected Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2 weeks ago...kid with a tippy 98 rental...to his friend,
"i cant figure out how to get this off automatic"

wtf?? really?

same day, rental kid said to us,
"thats not fair, you have semi-auto guns"
i told him you do too, but just let them walk away....not worth my time to try to explain things to brick walls

United
liquidfiretibby is offline   Reply With Quote