Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-02-2009, 02:50 AM #22
OneUp

has been a member for 10 years
maybe the bolt pin is kinda bent so when you put it back into the bolt the wrong way it leaves the striker a little further forward?

oh yeah spring should go all the way into the striker too, but i don't think that is your problem.

I don't know, try what flip-side suggested and see what you can see. then brag to the wife
OneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-02-2009, 03:08 AM #23
martianorgy

ill toy with it tomorrow after I give some thought to the situation now that I know what the situation is and wait and see if anyone else has some thoughts as to a solution.
martianorgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 03:28 AM #24
Flip-side
No Charge For Awesomeness

I'm sure you'll get it bud. I still have my old mongoose, thing still works fine but I lost the shim ages ago. I just use a reg to control velocity now anyways.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:26 AM #25
Cruiserdude

Well, the one end of the spring looks just kinda cut off, so its quite possible that its catching on the side of the striker wall instead of seating all the way in. Also, like you said, that rubber bumper may be your problem. It looks about twice as thick as a Spyder's buffer. Try using a Spyder buffer if you have one, or do like you said and shave or cut it down a bit. If that fixes your problem, well, I guess there's not much more reason to worry about it. I will admit, though, seems a little wierd that such a problem would just develop out of the blue like that...
Cruiserdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:24 AM #26
martianorgy

THe spring is cut off on the one side, I will try flipping its position and see if that will solve the problem.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:55 PM #27
kmb32123

I would try removing the striker and bolt. Then put the spring in the striker, then the bolt and everything. Im not quite sure how diablos work but the spring could be catching on your bolt pin or something.
kmb32123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:41 AM #28
martianorgy

I switched the spring around so that the cut off side was on the opposite end, still didnt work.

tried cocking it w/o the bolt in, still didnt work.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 AM #29
snotshooter
Moose Gore

The way you have the striker oriented in the pic is backward from the actual way the striker should go into the marker. The hole goes to the rear and the nubbin toward the front of the marker. Again in the pic this is reversed. The spring goes in the hole in the back of the striker. Have you been trying to intall the striker backward?
Old 03-09-2009, 03:50 PM #30
PaintballBenny
how you ding

Quote:
Originally Posted by snotshooter View Post
The way you have the striker oriented in the pic is backward from the actual way the striker should go into the marker. The hole goes to the rear and the nubbin toward the front of the marker. Again in the pic this is reversed. The spring goes in the hole in the back of the striker. Have you been trying to intall the striker backward?
lol if he was.
PaintballBenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:04 PM #31
OneUp

Quote:
Originally Posted by snotshooter View Post
He already said his striker was in right. Thanks for not reading.
OneUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:12 PM #32
snotshooter
Moose Gore

I read the entire thing and one thing still stands out. His marker will not cock Try hard, not to be a dick.
Old 03-09-2009, 04:15 PM #33
Omegara
Resident Old Guy

your velocity adjuster is too far in...back it out a little bit and it should cock.
Omegara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 07:20 PM #34
martianorgy

yeah I already tried removing the velocity adjuster. I retried it to make sure and that still isnt fixing it.