Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-08-2013, 12:39 PM #22
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

Deadlywind just released the Fibur-X barrel which is compatible with the Crossover. Probably gonna purchase one. I like the idea of swappable barrel threads.
DAJUICE1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-09-2013, 03:47 PM #23
Flummoxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAJUICE1 View Post
Deadlywind just released the Fibur-X barrel which is compatible with the Crossover. Probably gonna purchase one. I like the idea of swappable barrel threads.
Crap I just bought the Null and IFit not to long ago, My woman will be pissed if I bought another expensive paintball part.
Flummoxed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:50 AM #24
Lemi Died

Quote:
may want to double check, last time I checked, it WILL be compatable, but is not yet. Also tried a freak kit with the A5 threads...full of fail, the working diameter does not allow the insert to be flush with the barrel, resulting in...soup

Also had trouble with TechT MRT bolt. Sent it back to them for testing/replacement 2 weeks ago, still waiting to hear back...

But stock out of the box, replace the barrel, ensure you have a good loader, and it is fine. I want the added advantages of the MRT bolt, but TechT needs to get their act together. (Note: i have not heard of anyone else having problems with theirs, but after paying to have it shipped to them, and then not hearing anything, my patience is starting to wear thin)
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 08:54 AM #25
Torn
OG

Torn is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Torn plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Torn supports Empire
I have started using a ultralight barrel back ($15 on amazon) and a stiffi tip and I love it. I also have the mr t bolt no problems yet.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:20 PM #26
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

Deadlywind FTW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post
may want to double check, last time I checked, it WILL be compatable, but is not yet. Also tried a freak kit with the A5 threads...full of fail, the working diameter does not allow the insert to be flush with the barrel, resulting in...soup

Also had trouble with TechT MRT bolt. Sent it back to them for testing/replacement 2 weeks ago, still waiting to hear back...

But stock out of the box, replace the barrel, ensure you have a good loader, and it is fine. I want the added advantages of the MRT bolt, but TechT needs to get their act together. (Note: i have not heard of anyone else having problems with theirs, but after paying to have it shipped to them, and then not hearing anything, my patience is starting to wear thin)

Deadlywind released a NEW back thread for their Fibur-X barrel not the regular Fibur barrel. And it IS compatible with the Crossover.
Here is the link:
http://www.deadlywind.com/p/111/fibur-x-cf-barrel

At the moment I used an A5 Fibur and I haven't had any issues with it as long as you only use it in electro mode. With this particular barrel the freak insert doesn't sit flush, its suppose to be like that. I know the Autococker thread Fiburs sit flush, but that is due to that particular threading.

Wow it sucks to hear your Bolt wasn't working. Mine works like champ.
What was your bolt doing? Chopping paint?

Last edited by DAJUICE1 : 02-22-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:26 PM #27
gatorad3

gatorad3 is playing at Living Legends VII
gatorad3 is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
gatorad3 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
I just picked up an A5 freak barrel kit for my crossover...are you telling me its not going to work???
gatorad3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 05:42 PM #28
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorad3 View Post
I just picked up an A5 freak barrel kit for my crossover...are you telling me its not going to work???
Idk about the Smart Parts Freak barrel but I know the Deadlywind Fibur (original) has issues. If it ever dry fires the bolt could get stuck in the Freak sizer, but this could only happen in mechanical mode because in electro mode the eyes wont allow it to dry fire.

Which one did you get ?
Old 03-02-2013, 04:30 PM #29
neosa

neosa is an NCPA player
Quote:
I have upgraded my Crossover, I feel that where it is now it performs great.
I have the TechT bolt, Planet Eclipse POPS ASA and SL3 Regulator. The TechT bolt increases the FPS 20-30 points making it more air efficient and because its significantly lighter than the original, you feel light to no "kick" when shooting. I added the SL3 Regulator to make the FPS more consistent and it definitively does the job. The POPS ASA is just a really nice ASA, I feel that it is soooo much nicer than anything else out there.

And yes Virtue should be coming out with a Board upgrade, I'm looking forward to getting that as soon as it comes out.
With these upgrades what kind of efficiency are you getting? Avg Pods?
neosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:29 AM #30
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

I have never done a full blown efficiency test but usually when I play I can go through my Z2 plus 6 Dye Lock Lids sooooo about 1200 shots and after that I would still have 1000-1500psi left in my tank.
I could also lower the output from the tank which would increase efficiency. I have to runs a bunch of tests once the weather warms up.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:08 PM #31
JOESPUD27
Merc

JOESPUD27 is playing at Living Legends III
 is playing at Living Legends XI
JOESPUD27 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zepulkinator View Post
I have a crossover with a Techt bolt as well. It does reduce the kick to nothing when dry firing and very little kick when shooting paint. A big step from the stock bolt. Also, you don't need to buy a fancy barrel that cost $90. I have a .685 CP one piece and it shoots great, underbore your paint.

It does take some getting used to (the actual grip frame feels like a two by four at first), but it is a fun scenario/big game gun due to the mech/electro modes.
A lot of fun. Maybe more people will pick one up now that they cost less.

Jay
JOESPUD27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 02:25 PM #32
gatorad3

Barrel Kit

Juice I picked up a Freak Jr. Barrel kit from ANS Gear...I'm attaching a link to the product...its supposed to come in Thursday I hope it doesnt have any issues like you are saying that would blow lol

http://www.ansgear.com/Smart_Parts_F...nna5dblack.htm
Old 03-04-2013, 06:37 PM #33
DAJUICE1
Team Phalanx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorad3 View Post
Juice I picked up a Freak Jr. Barrel kit from ANS Gear...I'm attaching a link to the product...its supposed to come in Thursday I hope it doesnt have any issues like you are saying that would blow lol

http://www.ansgear.com/Smart_Parts_F...nna5dblack.htm
I wanna say you'll be fine. I think the Freak sizer is inserted where the barrel separates in two, the front and barrel back kinda sandwich it in the middle. It should be far enough where the bolt can't slide into the sizer.

I tried asking ANSGear about it but they were no help and they said they don't take back barrels once they've been used so I didn't want to risk it.
Old 03-11-2013, 09:29 AM #34
sumo64c

With the Tech bolt in it, how much more efficient is it air consumption wise? What are you guys with the Tech bolt getting out a 68/45 ?
sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:05 AM #35
Dooku
AKA ... Count Scoobith

I didn't have any issues with the freak jr. on my phenom or crossover.
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...8#post29959238
Dooku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:36 PM #36
gatorad3

Dooku is correct I got my freak JR barrel kit and it fit like a charm, thanks guys!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 PM #37
sumo64c

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo64c View Post
With the Tech bolt in it, how much more efficient is it air consumption wise? What are you guys with the Tech bolt getting out a 68/45 ?

I don't know how the heck I missed the earlier post about efficiency.

At any rate, I just ordered one from ultimate pball, I want the mechanical back up for scenario play.

Last edited by sumo64c : 03-14-2013 at 08:03 PM.
sumo64c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 04:56 PM #38
7paintball
Service at its best.

7paintball owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
7paintball supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by rommelr View Post
So, im going to upgrade the bolt/barrel/ASA/Board? if any at the moment (ie. APE)...

What would the Tippmann nation suggest i would add to it? ideas or suggestions are always highly recommended!
I love my furious barrel.. I would say try one of those for sure.
Lockport, IL 60441
(815) 588-1777

We always offer discounts to the Military, Police and Fire Departments.
7paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:26 PM #39
Slinger008

Ah crossover love! I have a similar setup to DAJUICE. Crossover, techt bolt, new trigger without the spring. I'm considering doing the on/off asa and reg since I have a dye hyper3 laying around. Sounds like it might be worth it. I know the crossover gets scrutinized but it really is a great shooter. I use the freak system with the deadly winds whip tip, outstanding!
Old 08-26-2013, 10:09 PM #40
XKE

I run my crossover with a MRT bolt, virtue board, new trigger, SLP reg, and an older dye aluminium barrel.

I really enjoy the marker. It has been my main shooter since purchase, limiting the field time of my other markers in a big way.
XKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 10:40 PM #41
BatmanLiera

BatmanLiera supports DLX Technology
BatmanLiera supports Shocker RSX
BatmanLiera supports Ninja Paintball
This is the only thing the crossover actually needs http://www.hustlepaintball.com/Trini...rch_id=1686267
Old 08-30-2013, 09:10 PM #42
Lemi Died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemi Died View Post

forgot to update this, they sent me a second one, no issues now, works as intended (I noticed a increase of 60fps 0.0, had to crank that DOWN)
Live in or around Central Alabama and want to run with a group of people to scenario and recreational games? Want a solid group of players interested in playing the game? We are The Conglomerate, a new group designed to bring people together to play. Whether it is just yourself or a group, for one game or many, contact us for info!
Lemi Died is offline   Reply With Quote