sumorai
FRENCHIE

sumorai is a Moderator
 has been a member for 10 years
sumorai is playing at Living Legends V
sumorai is playing at Living Legends VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousaddict View Post
If paintball is going to be a mainstream sport we need to look professional.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
paintball is not a mainstream sport, nor will it ever be. it will always appear as an extreme sport to the outside world...
Pretty much what I was going to say.

While I agree on the point that loose clothing can be used quite easily to cheat, who cares? Let the refs check for hits after the game and if they cheated, penalize them.

Although... That loose fabric could also easily "catch" balls that would otherwise hit you and slow them down to the point that they won't break. Then again, a loose fitting jersey does the same thing.

I am not a MacDev tech. Please do not PM me about their products. Click here instead
sumorai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-13-2009, 09:35 PM #65
ryryo2
Ryan Volner.

looking professional is personal opinion. lets first work on making the idea of shooting each other "professional" haha. then we can worry about what they think of our swagga.
ryryo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 11:16 PM #66
m3s0h0rn7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRM View Post
Look less professional? That's what we look like with jerseys and undershirts tucked in already man...

We'd look smarter and more professional if we recognized the available space there and took advantage of it... it actually gets almost better exposure than the front of the jersey cause our eq is always blocking the view of the sponsors logos on there...
Exactly why I agree. Why not just limit color differences, so that it matches the jersey? One of a kind look, I think it would be smart to go with it.

"Bumper" stickers.

Remember me as a \/ i L //_ 4 1 /\//...
m3s0h0rn7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 06:44 PM #67
DisasterPlayer

DisasterPlayer plays in the USPL
DisasterPlayer plays in the PSP
DisasterPlayer plays in the APPA D3 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumorai View Post
Pretty much what I was going to say.

While I agree on the point that loose clothing can be used quite easily to cheat, who cares? Let the refs check for hits after the game and if they cheated, penalize them.

Although... That loose fabric could also easily "catch" balls that would otherwise hit you and slow them down to the point that they won't break. Then again, a loose fitting jersey does the same thing.
Agreed, so lets allow it. Tall tees (nothing to extreme) and lets X the stupid pack ontop of the jersey rule, theres nothing i hate more than that.
Old 02-14-2009, 07:10 PM #68
GraysonG
aka George Ocean

GraysonG is a Professional paintball player
GraysonG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GraysonG plays in the APPA Pro division
limit colors takes away our freedom. obama wouldn't do that and so uspl won't do that to us.
BKiTk
GraysonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 10:13 AM #69
DisasterPlayer

DisasterPlayer plays in the USPL
DisasterPlayer plays in the PSP
DisasterPlayer plays in the APPA D3 division
do it for the children !
Old 02-16-2009, 11:42 PM #70
pntball_dude1990
is full of gin and regret

pntball_dude1990 donated to help Peyton Trent
BRING BACK TALL TEES
they are the only thing that distract people from my fatness by making my legs look like i stole them from a dwarf
pntball_dude1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:43 AM #71
FFX_PK_XG-1

The majority of reffs that encounter Tall tees don't care. Its the dick reffs that just want power over you that say tuck your shirt in. There's no rule against them and you can't make them tuck it in. Its an undershirt/lawyer and there are no rules about layers hanging out, only jerseys, at least not in the old nppl/xpsl rules. it would be nice to see a rule book.

PS it doesn't give you any more of an advantage then over sized jerseys or baggy pants do, and i don't know about you but my legs get more bounces than any other part of my body. Maybe you should be worrying about them then an extra 10"'s of fabric hanging down.
WDP MAFIA MILLITIA #24
Originally Posted by MitchK2460agg-Nobody wins when you play XPSL

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...2#post29064942
FFX_PK_XG-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 03:01 AM #72
texaspaintballplpaye

texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Bring it back!
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:27 AM #73
infamousaddict

It doesn't even look like an extreme sport, all people see is a bunch of rednecks shooting each other playing war.

To be considered "Professional" paintball needs to surpass it's war/punk/ghetto reputation and go above and beyond "professionalism" in sports. The NBA is already accepted as a sport, they can wear whatever they want. We, paintball players, however, need to show we are uniformed athletes before we can begin to express ourselves.

That's how I see it, it's my opinion and I'm definitely not being unreasonable.
infamousaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:04 AM #74
NikonF5

Actually, in the NBA players can NOT wear whatever they want. The league passed a rule a few years ago about players attire when making appearances and interviews. They were tired of the negative publicity the league was getting because many of the players dressed like thugs.

Also, a couple of posters here said that tall T's give another place to sell advertising. I've been photographing tournament paintball, (NPPL, PSP and Millenum), for 8 years and I have never once seen any advertising on a tall T.
NikonF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 AM #75
f-unit
chris wipes face hits

f-unit plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
f-unit is an NCPA player
they meant its a possibility for advertisement

TCP MACHINE-D1 NPPL
f-unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:23 AM #76
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
It doesn't even look like an extreme sport, all people see is a bunch of rednecks shooting each other playing war.

To be considered "Professional" paintball needs to surpass it's war/punk/ghetto reputation and go above and beyond "professionalism" in sports. The NBA is already accepted as a sport, they can wear whatever they want. We, paintball players, however, need to show we are uniformed athletes before we can begin to express ourselves.

that has nothing to do with the "look" of the players. it has to do with people making stereotypes and generalizations about what paintball is. to most people it is viewed as a "war game". its hard to shake that. if anyone were to visit a world cup or huntington beach event they would be blown away about how professional and big the whole event is - it has nothing to do with tall tees.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:08 AM #77
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:

yes because rednecks wear tall t's
do you live under a rock? there is a difference between the 'game' that is woodsball and the 'sport' that is paintball. I'm curious as to what you personlly have done to promote the sport as a professional, legit sport besides arguing style points (teehee) with your fellow players.
Old 02-17-2009, 11:19 AM #78
NikonF5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f-unit View Post
they meant its a possibility for advertisement
Yes, I realize that, but considering that it hasn't hapened in the past, I think it kind of loses strength as an argument for them.

I could see the argument if a team had someone paying to advertise on the t's and the league said they can't wear them.

It doesn't really affect me either way, I was just pointing out that that is not a strong argument.
NikonF5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 11:45 AM #79
stanknasty
just took a shower

stanknasty plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
stanknasty plays in the APPA D3 division
No need to argue just bring'em back
Old 02-18-2009, 03:00 AM #80
texaspaintballplpaye

texaspaintballplpaye is a Supporting Member
texaspaintballplpaye is a Paintball photographer
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonF5 View Post
Yes, I realize that, but considering that it hasn't hapened in the past, I think it kind of loses strength as an argument for them.

I could see the argument if a team had someone paying to advertise on the t's and the league said they can't wear them.

It doesn't really affect me either way, I was just pointing out that that is not a strong argument.
It wasn't an argument, or any grounds to stand on one. Just an on-going joke.
texaspaintballplpaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 03:28 AM #81
GraysonG
aka George Ocean

GraysonG is a Professional paintball player
GraysonG owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
GraysonG plays in the APPA Pro division
Mainstream talk is silly. Paintball is just like snowboarding or skating, it will always be an extreme sport and attract that style of business and consumer. Tall tees is what made those sports big, look it up in the dictionary :-)
BKiTk
GraysonG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 AM #82
Jelly1213

bring it back..
this isnt the NBA..agreed 100% it will always be a extreme sport..it wont be mainstream..paintballers should be unique..and tall t's give that look
Jelly1213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:30 AM #83
OBEY cody MW
OBEYOBEYOBEYOBEY

Quote:

look at hockey players. having the jersey untucked on one side is a MUST.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonF5 View Post
Actually, in the NBA players can NOT wear whatever they want. The league passed a rule a few years ago about players attire when making appearances and interviews. They were tired of the negative publicity the league was getting because many of the players dressed like thugs.

Also, a couple of posters here said that tall T's give another place to sell advertising. I've been photographing tournament paintball, (NPPL, PSP and Millenum), for 8 years and I have never once seen any advertising on a tall T.
ever taken a look at abyss tall tees? just curious, cuz having the abyss gets them more attention, which can be seen as an advertisement (sp?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GraysonG View Post
Mainstream talk is silly. Paintball is just like snowboarding or skating, it will always be an extreme sport and attract that style of business and consumer. Tall tees is what made those sports big, look it up in the dictionary :-)

we shoot each other with markers/guns. paintball is staying an extreme sport unless we start using nerf guns.. as for the tall tee issue, bring it the **** back. if players are going to use their jersey to hide hits and cheat, give them a penalty, and bonus ball the **** out of them the next time, or stab them in the back of the head, that will teach them to cheat.

God is love, Love is real
[OBEY]
OBEY cody MW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 11:36 AM #84
Orvis09
I haz brown trout

Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Orvis09 supports our troops
Orvis09 plays in the APPA D5 division
Orvis09 is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Orvis09 is Legendary
Orvis09 supports DLX Technology
This thread is full of scrubs... Tall tees look horrible, keep them out.
Orvis09 is offline   Reply With Quote