PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 05-07-2014, 11:24 PM #1
Quikkie

has been a member for 10 years
Reg connection to tank problem?

Hey everyone, so I have 2 pure energy tanks, 1 was made in 2000 and the other 2007. The regs I had on them were shot so I bought 2 myth regs to replace them. Now when I put the myth reg on the 2007 tank it went on fine with no problems, but when I tried to screw the same reg onto the 2000 tank it only screws on about 3/4 the way on before it has a lot of resistance. I know I'm not supposed to force the threads through because I don't want to strip it but does anyone have an idea why? The tanks are almost identical, the only difference is that the 2007 tank has a longer bottle neck, about an inch long, and the 2000 has a shorter bottle neck about 1/2 inch. The old reg screws on fine but it's threads are also shorter then the new regs threads. Any help would be awesome. Thanks!!!!
Quikkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2014, 11:29 PM #2
johnnieDlee

I heard HPA tanks are good for 15 years. Since your tank is from 2000, your tank is pretty much dead. Don't think it's worth fixing up. Problem seems to be that the threads on the older tank also don't go as deep as the tank from 2007.

Last edited by johnnieDlee : 05-07-2014 at 11:33 PM.
johnnieDlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 11:38 PM #3
Quikkie

I thought that too but I have another tank that's from 1999 and it screws on fine to that 1. I'm not too worried about the 15 years, we just use the tanks with our scubas for woods all fun but just trying to figure this out still.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:25 AM #4
Critikalstrike

Critikalstrike has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Critikalstrike has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Critikalstrike supports Empire
Never use a tank past its hydro and if its from 1999 i would trash it ASAP its gone dude they only last 15 years so its time for you to get a new one, never use a tank if its past hydro no matter what you use it for.
Critikalstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 09:45 AM #5
Quikkie

Ok I will but back to the question, why would that tank not fit that reg when they are both pure energy tanks?
Old 05-08-2014, 11:49 AM #6
Gio24Dude
G

Gio24Dude works for a Paintball manufacturer
Gio24Dude is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Gio24Dude has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Gio24Dude has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Two things.

The threads might be damage on the tank.
For the past 9 years the industry standards on thread size is 5/8-18 UNF. Possible the thread size is different on that old tank.
Gio24Dude is offline   Reply With Quote