Old 09-13-2005, 11:04 PM #43
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII
Quote:
Originally Posted by laaron25
um I think it is easier to tell someone BEFORE the transaction that you will only deal with them if they are verified through paypal. When you are sending someone money through paypal it will tell you if they are verified before you actually send it. Recieving money well if they arent up to snuff you just shoot the money back to them ( doesnt cost you anything) and you just say hey im not dealing with you....Nice idea but honestly a waste of money

What? I've used Paypal many times, and as far as I know, you can't "shoot the money back to them" because they lose part of the percentage. So you would have to add 3% to give them back the full amount. And you don't send someone money to know if they're verified, you show them your seal properly, as I've shown above.

I agree with Tesko, I've seen soo many ideas suggested by other users that would work much better then this.
Advertisement
Old 09-13-2005, 11:38 PM #44
laaron25
¿Team No Idea?

laaron25 is a Supporting Member
um no..If I told someone I would only deal with them if they were verified and they sent me money i guess it would be their tuff **** they were out 3%...give me a break. Before you click the pay button when sending money it will show if the member is verified or not...just my opinion that it is easier to do that than pay for some stupid icon
Old 09-13-2005, 11:41 PM #45
laaron25
¿Team No Idea?

oh and I am no expert but i cannot imagine it would be to difficult to somehow copy and paste your PROPER way of showing paypal verification....i think i will look before I click pay to be sure
Old 09-14-2005, 12:25 AM #46
toolbandfan
The dude abides

Quote:
oh and I am no expert but i cannot imagine it would be to difficult to somehow copy and paste your PROPER way of showing paypal verification....i think i will look before I click pay to be sure
I didn't understand much of that either..., I posted this in the suggestion forum.

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1135190
Old 09-14-2005, 01:27 AM #47
Tony
Administrator

I don't think some people reading this have recognized that this system gathers information to show if the user has a Confirmed Address.

No one is stopping or suggesting that you stop using the method that paypal has in place (illustrated by toolbandfan) to find out if someone is a verified paypal member. That's not all BST Trust is about because we gather and record more information and also show other users if someone has or doesn't have a Confirmed Address. This is not simply something to tell you if a person is a verified paypal member.

On top of the two items we list (paypal un/verified - address un/confirmed) to help increase the trust between users in the BST in an attempt to curb scamming we also record (but do not display) the full name, email and address of the purchaser of BST Trust. In the event that someone get's scammed we will work with the authorities (should they contact us) and leverage the information that we have.

I've had so many people come to me about a scam and had zero information about the person they traded with, $1.35 could have gone a long way in their situation.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:30 AM #48
toolbandfan
The dude abides

Whoops, guess I got carried away.

Well, it doesn't interest me particulary, since I do almost all selling anyways. Is it possible to start updating the Good Trader List still?
Old 09-14-2005, 01:35 AM #49
Tony
Administrator

Mike stopped updating that list a while ago. I think it'd take a small army to keep updated.
Old 09-14-2005, 01:48 AM #50
toolbandfan
The dude abides

How about just deleting the thread then? There's no point in having a good trader list if you only have a tiny bit of people on it. Also creates some minor problems.

Let's say one guy is selling a used Ion with the same ups as another person selling a used Ion. They both have good normal feedback, but one person is listed in the good trader list. Rusty Shackleford is interested in one of the ions(he's extremly paranoid), so he goes with the one on the good trader list.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:14 AM #51
laaron25
¿Team No Idea?

and the problem with that would be.........
Old 09-14-2005, 07:25 AM #52
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Quote:
um I think it is easier to tell someone BEFORE the transaction that you will only deal with them if they are verified through paypal. When you are sending someone money through paypal it will tell you if they are verified before you actually send it. Recieving money well if they arent up to snuff you just shoot the money back to them ( doesnt cost you anything) and you just say hey im not dealing with you....Nice idea but honestly a waste of money
You are missing the point entirely. You DO find out that someone is verfied before you make a trade with them. PbNation finds out if you are verified when you pay US for the verification, therefore you can see someones status prior to sending them lots of money for whatever it is you are buying.

Old 09-14-2005, 01:11 PM #53
laaron25
¿Team No Idea?

I Am Missing Nothing I Get It I Am Saying It Is A Stupid Unnecessary Expendature
Old 09-14-2005, 01:21 PM #54
Kyle
RESPECT MAH AUTHORITAY!

Annual Supporting Member
Kyle is a Supporting Member
Kyle is a founding member
Kyle supports Bob Gurnsey
Kyle supports our troops
Kyle is one of the top 250 posters on PbNation
Why Thanks We Here At PbNation Appreciate All Of Your Positive Comments And Accolades.

Old 09-15-2005, 04:01 PM #55
panic

Tony,

Could you please move my oring kit thread to the new items B/S/T forum? Here's the link:

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=983902

I'm selling new oring kits.

Rey...

For Sale:
/showthread.php?t=3608607"]Vlocity Hopper[/url]|Elbow Pads|68/45 Tank w/ Guerilla Air Reg
Old 09-16-2005, 05:13 PM #56
KidPaintball
Say W H A T?

KidPaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
Ok, I think I understand. From what I do get, why would I want to place my address and my paypal account w/ forum? I mean, I'de trust PayPal more than a forum.

-rockland Hustle - 08
-Niagara Hustle - 07

|PM7|

"Originally posted by VAMP1RE: What's the difference between a Dodge Neon and a refrigerator?
The Refrigerator floats."
Old 09-17-2005, 10:05 AM #57
nachos18

interesting
Old 09-22-2005, 08:36 PM #58
pbMaxLax44
SuperJew™

pbMaxLax44 is a Supporting Member
Thats cool, it'll help crack down on those scammers.
SODUS PBQ PREDATORS #04 – 2007 AXBL
Pittsford Pirates #44 - 2008 WXL
Old PbN FeedbackNew PbN Feedback
• All 100% Positive! • And PayPal Verified
Old 10-01-2005, 11:54 AM #59
TheKingMaslowski

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony
Mike stopped updating that list a while ago. I think it'd take a small army to keep updated.
I have a small army.
Old 11-02-2005, 02:30 AM #60
lackskill
B.O.H.I.C.A.

lackskill is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolbandfan
What? I've used Paypal many times, and as far as I know, you can't "shoot the money back to them" because they lose part of the percentage. So you would have to add 3% to give them back the full amount. And you don't send someone money to know if they're verified, you show them your seal properly, as I've shown above.

I agree with Tesko, I've seen soo many ideas suggested by other users that would work much better then this.
actually if you send a refund the percentage gets refunded also. not saying I agree or disagree, but paypal doesnt keep the money if you send a refund.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:36 PM #61
radlations
AGG is not cool

amazing nice job

Trust my feedback.

I Hate PbNation.com and the internet
Old 04-02-2006, 07:00 PM #62
cerealkiller55

i have a question? once you pay for the BST trust does it stay for all of the threads you make? PM me the answer please.