PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-24-2009, 03:53 PM #22
Ion_Eater

has been a member for 10 years
Ion_Eater owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
USPL needs to drop the ridiculous paint prices if they want to keep the sport alive. I understand that HB is a luxury event as far as being hosted at a killer location but they are making it so hard for teams to compete. The next event better be a lot cheaper or i see the uspl dieing off real fast.
Advertisement
Old 03-24-2009, 04:06 PM #23
TcIronkids

TcIronkids is a Professional paintball player
Wow look at all you negative nancies in here, someone is excited about something and all you guys just go and put him down. NICE!
TcIronkids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:12 PM #24
TcIronkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikipball View Post
You are very correct. But when the regional is paying out almost as much in prizes than the national, it makes you wonder. Also there is no reason the paint should be that much more expensive.
It also costs way less to hold events at a local field in comparison to HB, and do go saying if its so expensive then they shouldnt hold it there. They are holding the event at HB because its a great place to hold events, it has been for the last 6 years.

And to OP im really excited also, im going to be saving around $2000 on air travel this year because they events are held in a western series and an eastern series. Good competition, great players, pump, 5man, and 7man. This is gonna be sick!
Old 03-24-2009, 04:13 PM #25
TcIronkids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion_Eater View Post
USPL needs to drop the ridiculous paint prices if they want to keep the sport alive. I understand that HB is a luxury event as far as being hosted at a killer location but they are making it so hard for teams to compete. The next event better be a lot cheaper or i see the uspl dieing off real fast.
contact your local store to try and talk to their distributor about paint for HB
Old 03-24-2009, 04:30 PM #26
Staninator
Murderin' fools since '89

Staninator owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Haha for sure man! I can see that people may be complaining about paint prices but to me there is nothing that can really be done about that. Paint has always been expensive and always will be. If the price of paint drops then there will for sure be more entries but for now we'll see how this league works out. Originally I was hoping that it would expand into a huge national league just as other sports. I believe that this will eventually happen but we need to stick together in this economy and help our sport out. I don't want to see leagues closing and going under just because of a few stupid wall street guys. I want it to flourish and I will continue to truly support this sport and my local fields

Last edited by Staninator : 03-24-2009 at 04:51 PM.
Staninator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 04:34 PM #27
Ion_Eater

Ion_Eater owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by TcIronkids View Post
contact your local store to try and talk to their distributor about paint for HB
im pretty sure you have to purchase paint at the event. they wont make any deals.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:37 PM #28
Staninator

Quote:
im pretty sure you have to purchase paint at the event. they wont make any deals.
Yeah paint is purchased directly from the event. I don't believe that outside paint is allowed at all.
Old 03-24-2009, 04:45 PM #29
Explicit#23
SF EXPLICIT

Explicit#23 is a Professional paintball player
Explicit#23 plays in the USPL
Explicit#23 supports Pev's Paintball
Explicit#23 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staninator View Post
Haha for sure man! I can see that people may be complaining about paint prices but to me there is nothing that can really be done about that. Paint has always been expensive and always will be. If the price of paint drops then there will for sure be more entries but for now we'll see how this league works out. Originally I was hoping that it would expand into a huge national league just as other sports. I believe that this will eventually happen but we need to stick together in this economy and help our sports out. I don't want to see leagues closing and going under just because of a few stupid wall street guys. I want it to flourish and I will continue to truly support this sport and my local fields
ABSOLUTELY A GREAT POST
San Francisco EXPLICITRob Montiero#23
*MACDEV*HK ARMY*VIRTUE PAINTBALL*PB FASHION*SOCIAL PAINTBALL*PaintballPhotography.com*PbNation*JSG*TH IRTY FIRST OUTFITTERS PAINTBALL*

Explicit#23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 05:30 PM #30
Staninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Explicit#23 View Post
ABSOLUTELY A GREAT POST
Yeah thanks for the support man!
Old 03-24-2009, 06:09 PM #31
pepformance
Pepper

pepformance plays in the PSP
pepformance plays in the MiLP
pepformance donated to help Peyton Trent
pepformance plays in the APPA D4 division
Best thread ever
pepformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:31 PM #32
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
false. if you have a paint sponsorship or deal with the paint manufacturer, the uspl will accommodate that and you won't have to pay the regular prices. you cannot bring outside paint to the event, so in a way you are forced to buy field paint, but as long as you have a sponsor deal you are able to use it, you just have to notify camille about it.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:48 PM #33
TuxMag26

TuxMag26 is a founding member
hate to break this to everyone but...

paintball will NEVER be mainstream

it is not even close to being spectator friendly and it is for damn sure not TV friendly... To be mainstream people have to see the action all the time... see the touchdown, see the basket, see the home run, see the goal.

People who know nothing about paintball can't see whats happening and they have absolutely NO CLUE why things are happening. On TV paintball looks like hide and seek.

Central Florida Paintball
TuxMag26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 06:51 PM #34
Staninator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuxMag26 View Post

it is not even close to being spectator friendly and it is for damn sure not TV friendly... To be mainstream people have to see the action all the time... see the touchdown, see the basket, see the home run, see the goal.

People who know nothing about paintball can't see whats happening and they have absolutely NO CLUE why things are happening. On TV paintball looks like hide and seek.
Paintball is action though. Compare it to the X-Games. It is television friendly and people love to watch it. I bet that if paintball was part of the x-games it would become larger. The USPL and PSP could do more television advertising and bring the word to the public so that more people would watch it.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:55 PM #35
TuxMag26

You can see and understand the games in X-Games... You can see the skateboarder doing his tricks and a casual person can reasonably tell which tricks are harder than others...

Again, on TV you can't see the paintballs.... its to fast, regular people will not have the wildest idea of what is happening. On TV is looks like a joke.

try to tell me someone who has never played paintball can understand this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6S1s...x=0&playnext=1

Old 03-24-2009, 07:03 PM #36
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
You can see and understand the games in X-Games... You can see the skateboarder doing his tricks and a casual person can reasonably tell which tricks are harder than others...

Again, on TV you can't see the paintballs.... its to fast, regular people will not have the wildest idea of what is happening. On TV is looks like a joke.

try to tell me someone who has never played paintball can understand this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6S1s...x=0&playnext=1
so true. paintball is easy to watch and understand... if you're a paintball player. people get confused when they are from outside the sport and trying to figure it out. watching it on tv for most people is a novelty that wears off in about 5 minutes. they get bored and don't realize what is going on, they just see cameras switching to different shots of people sliding into crazy things called "snakes" and "doritos"... there is a A LOT of educating that needs to take place before someone can understand what is happening on the playing field. like mentioned, you can't see the paint so you don't know exactly what people are aiming or even know what the concept of "posting" and "laning" are. xball has made strides in making it more viewer friendly by breaking games into points and having a scoreboard/clock... but thats about it. its still the same game and is still confusing to understand what exactly all the players are doing.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
P4IN7 B4LLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2009, 07:29 PM #37
TcIronkids

Quote:

you know i bet there were a lot of people like you a long time ago who said football will never go mainstream, its a stupid idea/dream.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:36 PM #38
TuxMag26

Quote:
Originally Posted by TcIronkids View Post
you know i bet there were a lot of people like you a long time ago who said football will never go mainstream, its a stupid idea/dream.
it is a dream... the absolute best case scenario is x-games.

break it down for me... how is that link i showed you appealing to joe schmo?

Old 03-24-2009, 07:47 PM #39
Staninator

Quote:
it is a dream... the absolute best case scenario is x-games.

break it down for me... how is that link i showed you appealing to joe schmo?
I took a look at it but it's not bad to get interested in. I mean I don't understand golf at all but there are so many people that play it and watch it on TV. Golf is the slowest game ever... Paintball is intense and people like action. Another example is hunting and fishing television shows. They are really slow and not everyone likes and understands them but they are aired daily... For the average person paintball won't take much to understand the basics.
Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM #40
TuxMag26

Quote:
I took a look at it but it's not bad to get interested in. I mean I don't understand golf at all but there are so many people that play it and watch it on TV. Golf is the slowest game ever... Paintball is intense and people like action. Another example is hunting and fishing television shows. They are really slow and not everyone likes and understands them but they are aired daily... For the average person paintball won't take much to understand the basics.
golf is extremely easy to understand... you hit a ball into a hole. Not only that, they track the ball in the sky as it is shot.

as soon as they can get visible paintballs, it would have a CHANCE to do something on TV.

Old 03-24-2009, 08:00 PM #41
Staninator

Quote:
golf is extremely easy to understand... you hit a ball into a hole. Not only that, they track the ball in the sky as it is shot.

as soon as they can get visible paintballs, it would have a CHANCE to do something on TV.
Paintballs can be seen from different angles. Cameras just need to be worked better. When the USPL HB airs we'll see the quality of the footage and we can compare then.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:36 PM #42
little_pballer

Quote:
Paintballs can be seen from different angles. Cameras just need to be worked better. When the USPL HB airs we'll see the quality of the footage and we can compare then.
very true. but then again i havnt watched a webcast in awhile cause im always at the events =P

NURV
NAUGHTY DOGS SILVER
FIERCE
UPRISING
little_pballer is offline   Reply With Quote