Old 08-09-2010, 09:12 PM #1
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
Thanks NPPL

Thank you for your outstanding refs,who made the absolute best calls i have ever seen.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-09-2010, 09:15 PM #2
klimklim888

i agree the reffs were really good and the event as a whole was just awesome
good job nppl staff and pevs
Old 08-09-2010, 09:37 PM #3
Barber
Moose Krew.

has been a member for 10 years
Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Is this sarcasm?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:44 PM #4
klimklim888

no we played d4 5man and i honestly 100% thought that the reffin was great and the event was run smoothly and was really a good event.
why? you didnt think it was good?
Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 PM #5
njpballer3
White Tee GANG

njpballer3 plays in the USPL
 plays in the NXL
njpballer3 is an NCPA player
njpballer3 plays in the APPA D4 division
njpballer3 is Legendary
agreed it was very well organized and ran so smooth.
Old 08-09-2010, 09:45 PM #6
paintsoldier8
shut up and shoot people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barber View Post
Is this sarcasm?
never.......
Old 08-09-2010, 10:11 PM #7
paintballer50505

I must say this was the smoothest event all season by far.

Had no problem with the reffing there will always be minor issues but this had to have been the best reffing this year ive seen.

Also the event in general was just run smoothly the schedules were up correct and not last minute as were the finals schedule.

Thank you to the nppl staff who got this thing finally running smoothly, like what you would expect at a national level event
Old 08-09-2010, 10:16 PM #8
jmac3

Can I say thank you to the people who didn't realize music travels further than 12 feet?

"Oh look no pro game let's play bad music. We're in front of the pro field so it definitely isn't loud enough to be a nuisance on the one directly next to it."

Next time I think I will bring my Ipod that way instead of not being able to hear because of music I don't like I will at least be able to listen to mine.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:21 PM #9
Evil Irish Baller
I got more game than EA

Evil Irish Baller plays in the USPL
Evil Irish Baller plays in the PSP
Evil Irish Baller is Legendary
Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 PM #10
pascucci

haha refs on field 2 needed to pull their heads outta their ***. worst desplay of refin i've ever seen
Old 08-09-2010, 10:33 PM #11
Barber
Moose Krew.

Barber plays in the PSP
Barber is an NCPA player
Barber plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascucci View Post
haha refs on field 2 needed to pull their heads outta their ***. worst desplay of refin i've ever seen
This.

The refs had no idea what they were doing. Everyone I was on the sidelines with had complaints about the reffing and saw players getting away with blatant cheating, refs wiping off obvious hits, and refusing to check anyone.

They seemed to love the excuse of "another ref said he was clean, so I can't call a penalty."

Which is funny since in the finals, a Tlords player was called clean by a ref, then assessed a penalty by another ref on the same splatter he was called clean on.

This was all field 2, for the record. I didn't see many games on the main field.
Old 08-09-2010, 10:43 PM #12
I'm RickJames
DJ/MC for the NPPL

I'm RickJames supports Pev's Paintball
I'm RickJames plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmac3 View Post
Can I say thank you to the people who didn't realize music travels further than 12 feet?

"Oh look no pro game let's play bad music. We're in front of the pro field so it definitely isn't loud enough to be a nuisance on the one directly next to it."

Next time I think I will bring my Ipod that way instead of not being able to hear because of music I don't like I will at least be able to listen to mine.
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris

Follow me on IG- @SportsVoice23

Proudly representing... PEV'S PAINTBALL, EMPIRE PAINTBALL, KEE ACTION SPORTS and BOB LONG
Old 08-09-2010, 10:57 PM #13
zombie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm RickJames View Post
Ok well here we go...

1. I was told to play music in between the pro games... it wasn't my call but I did that, and when I didn't Chuck was asking me why there wasn't music playing.

2. I intentionally turned the speakers away from field 2 in an attempt to keep things as quiet as I could for those players while I still did my job. Sound checks were done with the NPPL staff and the volume was set at the level that they approved.

3. I was asked to play a mix of music and that's what I did. With that being said, I do take request.

4. It was really my first full event that I've DJed so gimme a break... I'm still learning what works and what doesn't.

5. I'm not an a-hole (at least I try not to be) so if you have a problem with me and/or something that I've done tell me. If I don't know that there is a problem then how can I be expected to fix it? I appreciate constructive comments but I think it's a little silly to come on here and bash me for something without at least addressing it in person first.

This is literally the first complaint that I've heard but I will take this as a learning experience and put towards ensuring I do a better job next time. I'm sorry if in some way I made the event any less than a completely enjoyable experience...

Thanks,
Chris
Don't sweat it man, you did great. Way better than those unintelligent (paintball wise anyway) heavily accented MC's that were in Huntington. People were literally yelling at them to shut up in the stands. You can't please everyone, but it seems that the NPPL is starting to heavily cater more toward the people in the stands than the players...it should be equal. I can understand the frustrations of the players on the other field though, 7-man is largely communication based; any interruption is aggravating.
Former Teams: Savage,The Cartel,CartelKidz, Notoriou$, (Dye) ]Notoriou$ (Proto) Pitch Black
Current Team:Cartel
///M3
http://www.boblongdirect.com/
http://www.t2kpb.com/
Old 08-10-2010, 12:12 AM #14
pntballa47
rIcE rOcKeTeeR!

pntballa47 is a Supporting Member
pntballa47 plays in the PSP
pntballa47 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
This.

The refs had no idea what they were doing. Everyone I was on the sidelines with had complaints about the reffing and saw players getting away with blatant cheating, refs wiping off obvious hits, and refusing to check anyone.

They seemed to love the excuse of "another ref said he was clean, so I can't call a penalty."

Which is funny since in the finals, a Tlords player was called clean by a ref, then assessed a penalty by another ref on the same splatter he was called clean on.

This was all field 2, for the record. I didn't see many games on the main field.

I agree as there was a couple of occasions where the ball obviously bounced but one of the ref's on field 2 still insisted that if he saw it hit you then you were out which is complete bull.
Hinkle

feedback
Old 08-10-2010, 12:21 AM #15
paintsoldier8
shut up and shoot people

Quote:
Ok well here we go...

Thanks,
Chris
I don't think you did a bad job but, whoever was telling you to play music during games was an idiot. The music and such wasn't deafening but, we did miss the start of a game due to an inability to hear the refs on field 2. However, in your defense the reffing on that field was sub par anyway.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:28 AM #16
??11??
"Big gay Al"

??11?? plays in the PSP
??11?? owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
??11?? plays in the APPA D2 division
??11?? has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
i thought the reffing was pretty good seeing as how there were only 6 refs on field 2. when we ref 5-man we have 8 refs and we miss things
Dynasty 2:2011-2012
Old 08-10-2010, 04:07 AM #17
502 killa
THIRDEYE

502 killa plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
502 killa owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
refs were great on field 2.
Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 AM #18
andyschein
OcD

andyschein plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
andyschein owns a Planet Eclipse SLS
andyschein plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Is this sarcasm?
no it is not
Old 08-10-2010, 08:04 AM #19
painthappy
Painthappy

painthappy is a founding member
painthappy is a Paintball photographer
painthappy is playing at Living Legends VIII
painthappy supports Bob Gurnsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by 502 killa View Post
refs were great on field 2.
Yes. Playing in the pump division... I have nothing but good things to say about the refs. The fields were excellent....

Thank you for the many chrono stations out there, and also I enjoyed the ease of use in the fill stations. That was nice to have just before you walked onto the field.

Good stuff, and thank you!
Old 08-10-2010, 08:05 AM #20
stevebski
< Kris Williams is HOT

stevebski supports Bob Gurnsey
stevebski supports our troops
From a spectator point of view of center court, the reffing was outstanding.

The music was great too. I did question a few times when Ke$ha and Britney Spears was playing but for the most part it was nice. I didn't even think about the music blasting over the games on field 2. I can see how that can be a bit frustrating. "He's in the--""Don't stop. Make it pop..." Yeah...
Old 08-10-2010, 08:25 AM #21
jmac3

Quote:
Ok well here we go...

Less annoyed at you. More annoyed at whoever had the idea. It just makes no sense to be playing music while games are playing.

As for me complaining about the music, that's just because I am a ***** and was annoyed with the playing of it.