Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-02-2006, 04:31 AM #1
karnivor707
707Baller

has been a member for 10 years
I shot the alien sweep trajectory opinion

Ok i shot an alien and the sweep trajectory seems to give a slight floatiness to the balls as they whisper out of the barrel. I own a karnivor and a empire II timmy. The empire timmy shoots arches balls... the cocker has about an added 15-20 feet of flatness on shots and the alien seems to havea similar amount of trajectory... the alien is so quit that when the balls shoot out you get the effect that they are floating out because u barely hear them and the do slightly spin backward and they do seem to do a very subtle flatline type spin... I could see this pose a problem because I am prone to tilt my barrel to the side and it would throw off my snap shots, but also could be used as an advantage in some situations... OK the guy who had the alien who let me shoot it had a 693 stiffi and that is a super slick barrel and i think helped with the backspin factor and the paint being shot was 689ish sized gap paint. ok gotta go
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2006, 10:29 AM #2
Electric WOP
Sicilian Sauce

plays in the NXL
Electric WOP owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
Electric WOP supports Ninja Paintball
I received both an Interceptor and a Remains in yesterday.

When I took the Interceptor out of the box, all I did was put a tank on it (Crossfire 68/4500 LP) and a loader (Vlocity). I made no adjustments whatsoever. Just air and a hopper. When I aired it up, no leaks... good to go. Put stock barrel on. Used old Empire Ramp paint.

I first took it to a chrono. It shot 283,283,281,283. Pretty darn consistant. I remember reading somewhere that is was a +/- 2 fps and I remember thinking to myself... right! Well, it would seem it is true.

Next, I simply checked the way it shot. I would compare the trajectory to a matrix (proto or dye). Seems to have a very flat trajectory with a sudden drop at the end. Very consistant, as well. It did seem to have an above average shot grouping for a paintball marker. At 25 yards (75 ft), the majority were within a 6 inch grouping with a couple of straglers that I put to old paint and bad bore match.

I would actually go as far as to say that the paint was traveling at least 15 ft further than out of my RL Intimidator shooting 279 fps with same paint and same barrel.

The marker is fast but you need to adjust some settings on the WAS and make an adjustment to the trigger which I eventually did.

The Remains was basically the same. Just lighter. Choro'd 289,289,289, 287. No joke. I was impressed. Didn't seem to be as air efficient but I will check on this again.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:31 PM #3
Cuervo
Tequila Mockingbird

Explain to me how any reg out of the box, not broken-in chrono's with unheard of consistancy?

Ain't nothing finer in the land than a drunk obnoxious Georgia fan
Georgia Bulldawgs

Frat hard or go home.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:00 PM #4
pdogg6
Controlled Revenge

I know the stock reg for the 06 interceptor is a simple torpedo design. Doesn't need any breaking in. But the CP comes stock with the remains so I can't say in that area.

Alien Interceptors
Alienpb

PBNation feedback
Old 10-13-2006, 03:42 PM #5
Electric WOP
Sicilian Sauce

plays in the NXL
You want me to explain to you how the marker did that? I'd imagine you could answer that just as easily as I could. I was simply stating what it did. That is what it chrono'd. Simple.
Old 10-13-2006, 04:13 PM #6
Game101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuervo
Explain to me how any reg out of the box, not broken-in chrono's with unheard of consistancy?

if you read what paintball gear a few of the markers reviewed this year did just what you call unheard of
Old 10-16-2006, 05:50 AM #7
yakitori

it just sounds over hyped. Ive owned many guns and NONE of the NIB shot 283,283,283,282 It just rarely EVER happens.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:36 AM #8
Electric WOP
Sicilian Sauce

plays in the NXL
Once again, the reason I posted this is exactly why what the above poster was getting at. I have RARELY seen a marker out of the box do that. However, that is what it did so that is why I posted it. I was just as surprised as anyone else. Had it been all over the place I wouldn't have bothered posting.
Old 10-16-2006, 08:53 AM #9
Game101

well should be getting mine this week and will post a honest review of it over a crono and on a range cant play atm just recovering from something
Old 10-16-2006, 09:33 AM #10
Electric WOP
Sicilian Sauce

plays in the NXL
I see. My post couldn't possibly be honest. Whatever...
Think whatever you want. I know what mine did. Just wanted to share because I was surprised.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:35 AM #11
younggunna6898
AKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by karnivor707
Ok i shot an alien and the sweep trajectory seems to give a slight floatiness to the balls as they whisper out of the barrel. I own a karnivor and a empire II timmy. The empire timmy shoots arches balls... the cocker has about an added 15-20 feet of flatness on shots and the alien seems to havea similar amount of trajectory... the alien is so quit that when the balls shoot out you get the effect that they are floating out because u barely hear them and the do slightly spin backward and they do seem to do a very subtle flatline type spin... I could see this pose a problem because I am prone to tilt my barrel to the side and it would throw off my snap shots, but also could be used as an advantage in some situations... OK the guy who had the alien who let me shoot it had a 693 stiffi and that is a super slick barrel and i think helped with the backspin factor and the paint being shot was 689ish sized gap paint. ok gotta go
cockers don't shoot any farther than any other guns. It is all hype.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:36 AM #12
younggunna6898
AKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric WOP
I received both an Interceptor and a Remains in yesterday.

When I took the Interceptor out of the box, all I did was put a tank on it (Crossfire 68/4500 LP) and a loader (Vlocity). I made no adjustments whatsoever. Just air and a hopper. When I aired it up, no leaks... good to go. Put stock barrel on. Used old Empire Ramp paint.

I first took it to a chrono. It shot 283,283,281,283. Pretty darn consistant. I remember reading somewhere that is was a +/- 2 fps and I remember thinking to myself... right! Well, it would seem it is true.

Next, I simply checked the way it shot. I would compare the trajectory to a matrix (proto or dye). Seems to have a very flat trajectory with a sudden drop at the end. Very consistant, as well. It did seem to have an above average shot grouping for a paintball marker. At 25 yards (75 ft), the majority were within a 6 inch grouping with a couple of straglers that I put to old paint and bad bore match.

I would actually go as far as to say that the paint was traveling at least 15 ft further than out of my RL Intimidator shooting 279 fps with same paint and same barrel.

The marker is fast but you need to adjust some settings on the WAS and make an adjustment to the trigger which I eventually did.

The Remains was basically the same. Just lighter. Choro'd 289,289,289, 287. No joke. I was impressed. Didn't seem to be as air efficient but I will check on this again.
spool valves don't shoot any flatter than other guns. That is all hype too.
Old 10-16-2006, 10:17 AM #13
Game101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric WOP
I see. My post couldn't possibly be honest. Whatever...
Think whatever you want. I know what mine did. Just wanted to share because I was surprised.

no your post is honest
but will see if yours is a freak or common as every reg is different
the more that agree the less people can doubt
Old 10-16-2006, 08:54 PM #14
paintballa41991
What is paintball?

paintballa41991 plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by younggunna6898
spool valves don't shoot any flatter than other guns. That is all hype too.
so i am guessing you have never watched the trajectory of the guns and compared them side by side, if you had, you would know its not "hype" electric and i have done it at the field, he is right, go ahead and do it yourself.
Old 10-17-2006, 02:26 PM #15
MorueM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa41991
so i am guessing you have never watched the trajectory of the guns and compared them side by side, if you had, you would know its not "hype" electric and i have done it at the field, he is right, go ahead and do it yourself.
I don't know what you can see, but we did a test last year at our field with these markers:

Shocker Vision 2004 / Matrix LCD 2003, Anderson Board / Proto matrix 2005 / EGO 2005 / E-Tac (AGD)
Barrel and balls: Ultra Light 0.688 with X-Ball Bronze

Markers were held clamped at 36inches from the ground, shot 10 times at 20feet, then at 30feet, then 40feet, until 90feet.. Recorded the velocity and the height of each shot on targets.. Guess what, those 5 markers shot about the same. If they lobbed or floated, it would have shown on the various targets at every 10feet gaps, but it was really close each times..

My opinion, if the ball is well fit to the barrel, then shots at same velocities should end at the same spot. But keep in mind balls aren't perfect rounds and regs aren't always at the same velocity. Paintball isn't really a precision sport.

Anyway, I'm looking to get an interceptor'05 soon.
Old 10-17-2006, 03:35 PM #16
Game101

dont that say to use a slightly larger barrel on a interceptor to get the back spin as a tight fit stops it ? not certain if i read that somewhere or not
Old 10-17-2006, 05:21 PM #17
Mind'sEye
Mad Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game101
dont that say to use a slightly larger barrel on a interceptor to get the back spin as a tight fit stops it ? not certain if i read that somewhere or not
Jack Rice, the owner of AlienPB says to use a tight paint to barrel match. Here is a direct quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Rice
I feel I get the best shot with the "barely able to blow the ball out method.
Old 10-17-2006, 05:25 PM #18
Eternal Acacia
The Canyon Behind Her

Eternal Acacia is a Supporting Member
It works best for me
and the future don't exist

"Originally posted by XSVterror16 V.4: Alright, let me break this down for you. Subaru is a company with stars and a blue background in it's symbol. The national color of Australia is blue and their nights have lots of stars in the sky. Subaru uses bockster motors from Porches. Subaru is Australian and uses Porche motors in their cars. Understand?"
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 PM #19
younggunna6898
AKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballa41991
no but i have played with a dm4, dm5, dm6, pm5, pm6, timmy, ego, karni, viking, quest, and shocker, and guess what, they all shot the same patterns. None of them shot with more lob, and none shot more strait.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:32 PM #20
yakitori

Ive shot the same guns as younggunna w/ the exception of the quest....and add to that list an excalibur, which is closed bolt as well.

Ive noticed exactly what he has....no difference other than feel.

Ive already tried younggunna....dont waste your time w/ them. Let the believe what they want...

I agree w/ you though.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:50 PM #21
paintballa41991
What is paintball?

paintballa41991 plays in the PSP
ok, so i guess im a liar, i know what i have seen.

in my opinion, unless you do it side by side, then its hard to tell.