Community Focus

Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM #22
nlrunkle
Summit City PaintballPark

nlrunkle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
When written it's libel.
Sounds like it's time to involve an attorney then. Hope you have deep pockets Trevor.
nlrunkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 01-31-2013, 12:38 PM #23
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is a Supporting Member
Vegard is a founding member
 has been a member for 10 years
Vegard is Boss
Good luck to both, making such a fuss about this openly was imho a very bad idea. Ebay should have handled any breach of it's TOS after being notified.

Boycotting a seller over something you have a hard time proving without IP adresses is pure sillyness.

As for the non-shill-bid complaints I have no comment. **** can hit the fan on any deal and between anyone.
-growing older is mandatory – growing up is optional-

SBDB009 Reddit Jealous Lion
Vegard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:40 PM #24
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Are any of the guns in your thread available for sale, or do you still reroute people to your all important eBay sales.????

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:41 PM #25
Trevor

This is not false information - the bidding statistics tell a very peculiar story. How do you explain username(s) with low feedback that bid on your items the majority of the time. They also seem to bid up the price at a certain time.

Stick with your trading cards and computer parts. Or, move on to a different marker. You don't add anything to the angel community.

BTW, to be the bigger person, I'm not going to leave any feedback on the sale of the eclipse so you can keep your 100% feedback rating or whatever it is.
Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 PM #26
nlrunkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard View Post
Good luck to both, making such a fuss about this openly was imho a very bad idea. Ebay should have handled any breach of it's TOS after being notified.

Boycotting a seller over something you have a hard time proving without IP adresses is pure sillyness.

As for the non-shill-bid complaints I have no comment. **** can hit the fan on any deal and between anyone.
Yep I agree with you Vegard on every aspect, but I'm not the one that started this thread and only responded to set the record straight. If he has proof, report me, please report me, I'm asking you to report me if your so confident in your accusations. And yes, I understand that things can happen in transit.

But I take everything into consideration and the first thing that I looked at was his feedback and the problems that other buyers have had, and this kinda of led me to believe that maybe this wasn't just a freak of transportation. Your feedback is everything, it's your reputation, it's what other buyers say about how they feel their transaction went with you. It speaks to your character and his was lacking. That's why I suspected it wasn't a freak of transportation.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:51 PM #27
nlrunkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trevor View Post
This is not false information - the bidding statistics tell a very peculiar story. How do you explain username(s) with low feedback that bid on your items the majority of the time. They also seem to bid up the price at a certain time.

Stick with your trading cards and computer parts. Or, move on to a different marker. You don't add anything to the angel community.

BTW, to be the bigger person, I'm not going to leave any feedback on the sale of the eclipse so you can keep your 100% feedback rating or whatever it is.
Uh, hello, you can't leave negative feedback, only positive.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:56 PM #28
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is Boss
Buyers can leave any feedback they wish, only sellers are locked to a positive or nothing.

Old 01-31-2013, 01:02 PM #29
Trevor

Eh, well I just won't be leaving feedback anyway.

As for reputations, (not related to this situation) everyone should be aware of something called feedback extortion. On eBay, a user can gain a significant amount of positive feedback through penny auctions for items like desktop wallpapers. Beware of sellers who do this.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM #30
nlrunkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Are any of the guns in your thread available for sale, or do you still reroute people to your all important eBay sales.????
Yes, maybe I should update that, all the marker's in my sig are my personal marker's and not for sale. If you click on the link it does take you to what I do have for sale. I just thought it was good business practice and would draw more views to my sales. Didn't see any thing wrong with that.

My Ebay sales aren't all important. I've just been doing it for so long, it's what I know and everybody has heard of Ebay. I buy for everywhere, but only sell on Ebay. Reason being, people sell on here, they want $350 for A1. They might get it, they might not. They might get it but have to wait a month or two or three to sell it. They might have to come down a little. They are selling it for what they feel it's worth to them. No problem with that.

I buy them to flip them, but I won't sell a broken marker. I can list that same A1 with a buy it now for $350 on Ebay. It might get a bid, it might not. I might sit on it for ever. I'm not making money if I'm sitting on it forever.

I can list it starting at $200 and I'll get one bid. I don't want one bid, I want 10, 20 bids. I don't want one person to want it, I want 20 people to want it. That's why I start the auctions at a penny with no reserve and it goes to the highest bidder.

Ever been in an auction and been outbid and you know your next bid is more than your willing to pay for it, but you bid again anyway? Just because you were outbid and you don't want that and by god your going to win that auction? That's all I'm trying to do, sell a good product and get more than one person interested in it. PBNation and MCB and have auction style sales. If they did, I might sell on here, but I don't.

I'm trying to instill that bidding frenzy, that's all I want, that and to have the bidder actually pay after the auction ends.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM #31
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Well I can see Nathan is going to duck and dodge this , so this thread is going to turn into a null in no time. Either way, its interesting that I tried buying guns from you that we're listed under your pbn account and your mcb account but alas I had to be subjected to dealing only on eBay. Why do you only sell guns on eBay?? That annoyed me. Mainly because I'm not gonna pay 500- for a a1fly. Which is coincidently how much it got bid up to twice at one point last year. Gigs up Nathan.

978-530-6747
Old 01-31-2013, 01:31 PM #32
nlrunkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Well I can see Nathan is going to duck and dodge this , so this thread is going to turn into a null in no time. Either way, its interesting that I tried buying guns from you that we're listed under your pbn account and your mcb account but alas I had to be subjected to dealing only on eBay. Why do you only sell guns on eBay?? That annoyed me. Mainly because I'm not gonna pay 500- for a a1fly. Which is coincidently how much it got bid up to twice at one point last year. Gigs up Nathan.
I'm not ducking and dodging anything. I have nothing to duck and dodge and dodge. Not sure what Fly your referring to. And I don't remember ever selling a Fly for $500. I had a A1 Joy that went for $350 I believe. I can understand you not wanting to pay $500 for an A1 fly. I don't want to pay $500 for an A1 Fly, but I want to find that person that will pay me $500 for that Fly. Simple economics, there is a demand and I have the supply. Do I need to artificially inflate my product? No, why? Because my product and reputation speak for themselves. You might not like the auction style because you want to purchase the marker for what you think is fair for you, no problem with that. I'm just trying to sell that marker for as much as someone is willing to pay.
You're right the gig is up, Oh my god, what am I to do now!! I'm so devastated!!

Last edited by nlrunkle : 01-31-2013 at 01:45 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:45 PM #33
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Quote:
Originally Posted by nlrunkle View Post

I'm not ducking and dodging anything. I have nothing to duck and dodge and dodge. Not sure what Fly your referring to. And I don't remember ever selling a Fly for $500. I had a A1 Joy that went for $350 I believe.

You're right the gig is up, Oh my god, what am I to do now!! I'm so devastated!!
It's just a matter of time boss. Good luck with your eBay stuff, only guy I know who can shill his way to top prices, I mean auction his stuff off at top prices.

It was about a year ago. White a1 fly, you finally sold it to someone with more than 4 feedback. I got out bid by some low feedback asswipe in both auctions. Same bidders each time. Fancy that.

978-530-6747
Old 01-31-2013, 01:57 PM #34
nlrunkle

Yep, I remember that one, it was complete with the box and everything right? Sold it in July for $350 if I am correct? Sold G7 7/8 for $210, A4 Rasta 7/23 $305, 05 Speed 7/22 $192.50, G7 Fly 7/22 $242.50, A1 Fly Joy 7/17 $381, all different buyers. And that's just July.

Marketplace garners the prices, not me. Just admit it, everyone that is bashing me is just jealous because you wish you could do what I do. Heck I'm jealous, I wish I could do what Donald Trump does, make his kind of money, do what he does and flip real estate. But unfortunately I don't have that kinda capitol laying around.

I'll be honest, full disclosure, I made $25,000 on Ebay last year, but I had to spend $15,000 to make that. You have to spend money to make money, and if you offer a good product at a fair price, people will keep coming back.

Last edited by nlrunkle : 01-31-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:15 PM #35
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Is this a lesson in business ? I owned my own baseball card shop when I was 18. Business has been with me for years, just not doing it like this.

Your business does nothing to excite me, your very ponzi like in your tactics. Trust, the sheep will follow you to the ends of the earth , but I know a few that will not. Those are very integrity driven individuals. I am by no means jealous of your eBay business. Open up a shop like your buddy jay does and see how well you fair. Just make sure to check all your product upon opening.

And keep my name out of your ****ing posts. If you want to accuse me of selling you a bad product, well I guess you'll have to take note of your "slander " policy. What's good for one is good for another.

978-530-6747

Last edited by sledneckforlife : 01-31-2013 at 02:18 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:38 PM #36
Trevor

I think there may be more going on behind the scenes in regards to the source of the items than we know. It doesn't bother me and there is no point in me posting what I THINK is going on. I just want all of my angels pals to be aware of eBay practices and not fall victim to them. I would rather have my feedback be 92% than give in to some butthead who exploits the cracks in eBay and PayPal.

My next tip, never link your everyday checking account to PayPal. Open up a checking account exclusively for PayPal. If someone takes the back route behind PayPal and does a "chargeback" through their credit card company, PayPal will immediately grab the funds from your checking account. The buyer can even keep the item after getting their money back! Its unbelievable. So once you get the money for whatever you are selling, withdraw it from PayPal to the linked checking account and then immediately transfer it to another checking account.

I'm not saying this in regards to the sale of my eclipse because I did offer a refund, but in general be careful of someone who can do a charge back. buyers can do them 30 days after payment and still keep your item.

Read up on it. Google "charge back PayPal credit card"
Old 01-31-2013, 03:36 PM #37
Vegard
LOST

Vegard is Boss
Chargebacks can often be done a full year after, depends on who supplied the card used and what rules they have in place for it.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM #38
nlrunkle

Wow, I guess I never really realized so much lunacy existed in the world. Well if there's two things you can't fix, you can't fix ignorance and stupidity.

Last edited by nlrunkle : 01-31-2013 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-31-2013, 07:36 PM #39
Jay Angel Paintball
Sales, Angel Paintball

Jay Angel Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jay Angel Paintball is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:

As far as your Angel Techs go, you're attempting to oust me by way of a fallacy called "Appeal to Authority." You have no idea how to tech and angel - god have mercy on the 4 angels that are in pieces on your workbench. You are attempting to justify your leaks by way of Jay. The problem is you have no idea what he is talking about. A hole in the LPR , it's like saying a guitar is broken because it has a hole in the middle. Jay probably knows what he is doing, but I am still baffled you couldn't figure out an LCD lpr will fit and work in an LED. I have a sneaking suspicion you were trying to wring money out of my wallet.
I am only chiming in on this about the LPR, so that future readers will have accurate information. To use an LPR from an LCD in an LED, you have to change the complete LPR assembly, not just the LPR body (in most cases). I think there was some confusion between the two parties as to what would work. You would need to swap the LPR body, the LPR piston, AND the spring for it to work, not just the LPR body, which is what Nathan brought to me to try. The 'hole' in the LPR is one of the differences between the latest version (of 3) of the LPR body in the LED when compared to the LCD LPR body.

Nathan, if you want to bring me a complete LPR assy from an LCD, we can install it in your LED.
Forced Into Retirement
Jay Angel Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:58 PM #40
discohawk

discohawk has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit

Would've had better effect if I got this in immediately after the first nlrunkle reply.
discohawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM #41
Trevor

Jay,
Thanks for the info. I definitely appreciate people who post for informative purposes like this. It's helpful to members on here.

Let me ask you a question though, did you ever hold the electric skies eclipse led (formerly mine) in hand? Or was it just the lpr body?

nrunkle said the LPR had a hole blown in it and was not repairable. What did that even mean?
Old 02-01-2013, 01:10 PM #42
Jay Angel Paintball
Sales, Angel Paintball

Jay Angel Paintball works for a Paintball manufacturer
Jay Angel Paintball is playing at Living Legends III
Quote:
Jay,
Thanks for the info. I definitely appreciate people who post for informative purposes like this. It's helpful to members on here.

Let me ask you a question though, did you ever hold the electric skies eclipse led (formerly mine) in hand? Or was it just the lpr body?

nrunkle said the LPR had a hole blown in it and was not repairable. What did that even mean?
Yes, I had the gun here. The difference, visually, between the last version of the LPR in the LED and the LCD is that there is a 'hole' in the body in one and not the other. It is not that a hole was blown in it, as it was there since the date of manufacture and is intended to be there.
Forced Into Retirement
Jay Angel Paintball is offline   Reply With Quote