PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 10-30-2012, 10:49 PM #694
Matt.is.back2011

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360
I never said net jobs. Quit splitting hairs, as Tafari told you to earlier today.

U of M Football: 10-2
Matt.is.back2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-30-2012, 10:50 PM #695
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt.is.back2011 View Post
I never said net jobs. Quit splitting hairs, as Tafari told you to earlier today.
So you're admitting distorting the facts to make obama look good. What's the point in giving us the amount of jobs created when you don't tell us the amount that was lost?
Oh right, you didn't do that because it would make obama look bad.
Blake360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:55 PM #696
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:

So you're admitting distorting the facts to make obama look good. What's the point in giving us the amount of jobs created when you don't tell us the amount that was lost?
Oh right, you didn't do that because it would make obama look bad.
I didn't because under Obama, we didn't lose many jobs (in comparison to the entire recession )and once his policies got enacted, the economic downturn reversed. By March of 2009, job loss had stopped, and job growth had started. This was largely due to saving the housing, financial, and auto markets.

Since the recession began in August of 2008, we lost around 10 million jobs. Since then, we've created 5.2. Are we where we want to be? No. We're still at 7.8% unemployment, but it's a slow and responsible recovery without the use of loose credit (which when you get down to it, was the root cause of the recession) and we'll be out of it completely by 2014.

I've posted this all before, with graphs, statistics, citations, etc. proving this point. I didn't think it was necessary to do it again. Also, am posting from my iPhone, which makes such tasks difficult.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:00 PM #697
Blake360

Quote:
we'll be out of it completely by 2014.
Sounds similar to this:

Quote:
"Today I am pledging to cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term in office.
-Obama
and

Quote:
“If I don’t have this done in three years, then there’s going to be a one-term proposition.”
-Obama
Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 PM #698
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:

Sounds similar to this:

and
The difference is timing. Obama said those things in 2008/2009 I believe, and was wishful thinking on his part. The truth, in hindsight, was that the recession was really bad (about 500-750k jobs were lost per month between August of 2008-April 2009.)

What I'm saying now is supported by viewing the trend line of job growth, consumer confidence in relation to aggregate demand, and market confidence by observing growth in the DOW.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:04 PM #699
Blake360

In other words, Obama will say anything to get elected.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:07 PM #700
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

You do realize there is a difference between being wrong and lying right? This is like the third time you've done this.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:08 PM #701
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
In other words, Obama will say anything to get elected.
Sigh. I don't know why I get sucked into responding to you, or any conservative on this board....

Old 10-30-2012, 11:09 PM #702
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSilentAssassin View Post
You do realize there is a difference between being wrong and lying right? This is like the third time you've done this.

I realize there's a difference between being right and making promises you can't keep in order to fool the public into voting for you, and then later making excuses for why you were wrong.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:16 PM #703
Soul Man
free

Quote:
Sigh. I don't know why I suck
I do.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:19 PM #704
Matt.is.back2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Man

I do.
What is it?

Old 10-30-2012, 11:35 PM #705
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Sigh. I don't know why I get sucked into responding to you, or any conservative on this board....
Because, even though you get frustrated, there is a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you beat your opposition, even if he won't admit it. This forum is about solipsism, not truth. Let's not kid ourselves.
Iamamartianchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:47 PM #706
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Because, even though you get frustrated, there is a feeling of satisfaction knowing that you beat your opposition, even if he won't admit it. This forum is about solipsism, not truth. Let's not kid ourselves.
Personally, I post here because I like learning from the more intelligent posters here who have things to contribute that I can't. Although I can't pretend like your assessment isn't accurate of me to some extend. Also for someone in philosophy, that came off as an odd use of solipsism.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:48 PM #707
Blake360

More intelligent posters of the liberal posters isn't saying much.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:52 PM #708
TheSilentAssassin
Words and Stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake360 View Post
More intelligent posters of the liberal posters isn't saying much.
I don't believe I said liberal. I appreciate the posts of Tafari, Barrel (sometimes), occasionally swerve, and many others. To be honest, I learn more from someone like Tafari who can present a valid counter-argument than I do someone presenting an argument of my own. Also, this forum has people like f1 who knows much more about the enviorment and l2k who knows much more about the economy. If we could weed out the ****ty posters (yourself included), this place wouldn't be half bad (but it would lose significant entertainment value).

Last edited by TheSilentAssassin : 10-30-2012 at 11:55 PM.
TheSilentAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:57 PM #709
Iamamartianchurch

Quote:
Personally, I post here because I like learning from the more intelligent posters here who have things to contribute that I can't. Although I can't pretend like your assessment isn't accurate of me to some extend. Also for someone in philosophy, that came off as an odd use of solipsism.
Probably. I'll PM you with a better explanation since it is off topic and wordy.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:59 PM #710
Blake360

Quote:
I don't believe I said liberal. I appreciate the posts of Tafari, Barrel (sometimes), occasionally swerve, and many others. To be honest, I learn more from someone like Tafari who can present a valid counter-argument than I do someone presenting an argument of my own. Also, this forum has people like f1 who knows much more about the enviorment and l2k who knows much more about the economy. If we could weed out the ****ty posters (yourself included), this place wouldn't be half bad (but it would lose significant entertainment value).
When a liberal disagrees with me I know I'm on the right track, so thanks for the compliment.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:03 AM #711
Soul Man
free

I can't believe Blake is the only conservative who posts here regularly. Are the mods here liberal biased? One would think a website based around a sport played with guns would be a little less Prius and a lot more F150.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:05 AM #712
Iamamartianchurch

Anyone who believes libertarians are conservatives needs to have their heads examined.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 AM #713
Soul Man
free

Because Romney is gonna save us soooooooooooooooooo much money right?
Old 10-31-2012, 12:07 AM #714
Blake360

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamamartianchurch View Post
Anyone who believes libertarians are conservatives needs to have their heads examined.
Actually it's more than possible to be both, just as it's possible to be a liberal libertarian.