Find fields & stores near you!
Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

View Poll Results: Luxe 2.0 or Vanquish?
Luxe 2.0 95 60.13%
Vanquish 63 39.87%
Voters: 158. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2014, 02:40 AM #64
C@mM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screaming4vengence View Post
And most importantly 3rd have you lost your mind? The luxe vapor clonegt vanquish and demon bolts are near identical...how can you say one is a fancy shocker and not the others if theyr the same.

If there's something I said that wasn't true someone correct me.
Clone drive system has nothing to do with a shocker design at all, and traces its lineage from the Droid\Clone\VX\GT line.
C@mM! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2014, 07:07 AM #65
Mr. Stealthy

has been a member for 10 years
Mr. Stealthy owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigwooly123 View Post
Vanquish 1.5 or Luxe 2.0 OLED? Looking to decide between those 2 in the next day or so and get a order in! Sadly still considering the Geo 3.5 or a poppet. I am all over the place with these markers.
I am partial to the Luxe and it is an even stronger argument now that it has OLED. The Luxe has tooless eye removal which is really nice. It also has the feathertouch and adjustable manifold which allows you to fine tune for optimum smoothness and paint handling. Lastly I find the Luxe more comfortable in the hands and like the ability to easily service my own HPR.

The ASA is a little bit nicer on the Vanquish. The Vanquish is a little bit lighter and does come with a more comprehensive barrel kit (although not as well finished as the Luxe's barrel). The Vanquish splits in half which is easier for getting to some of the electronics, reducing the chance of pinching wires. The single Allen size for full disassembly is aso a nice feature. The Vanquishes engine runs a slightly higher pressure so expect very lightly better efficiency and a very slightly louder shot (especially with the louder carbon fiber tip). Lastly the Vanquish does come with more standard autococker threads which could be a pro or con depending on barrel thread preference or a barrel you prefer to use. I actually prefer the Ion threads as they thread on/off much quicker but there are more barrel options going the autococker route.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 08-14-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Mr. Stealthy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:49 AM #66
SPAWNOFSATAN

SPAWNOFSATAN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SPAWNOFSATAN owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
SPAWNOFSATAN supports Team VICIOUS
SPAWNOFSATAN supports DLX Technology
I like both but the Vanquish feels better to me so I sold the Luxe looking for one btw lol... listen if your worried about how the marker look-how smooth it shoot-how loud etc... when your on the field running and gunning trust me these are the last thing you should be worried about.. If you can find either one for a good price grab it..
Empire Vanquish_Ego11-Empire Axe LE PDD-DM14-Empire Mini GS-PE Etha-Macdeve Clone GTI-Empire Sniper-Luxe 2.0-OLED-NXT_SFT Shocker-DP G4-Magno Angel A1-Empire Resurrection-Inception Design Axe (GUN WHORE)

Last edited by SPAWNOFSATAN : 08-14-2014 at 12:42 PM.
SPAWNOFSATAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 10:36 PM #67
bigwooly123

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Stealthy View Post
I am partial to the Luxe and it is an even stronger argument now that it has OLED. The Luxe has tooless eye removal which is really nice. It also has the feathertouch and adjustable manifold which allows you to fine tune for optimum smoothness and paint handling. Lastly I find the Luxe more comfortable in the hands and like the ability to easily service my own HPR.

The ASA is a little bit nicer on the Vanquish. The Vanquish is a little bit lighter and does come with a more comprehensive barrel kit (although not as well finished as the Luxe's barrel). The Vanquish splits in half which is easier for getting to some of the electronics, reducing the chance of pinching wires. The single Allen size for full disassembly is aso a nice feature. The Vanquishes engine runs a slightly higher pressure so expect very lightly better efficiency and a very slightly louder shot (especially with the louder carbon fiber tip). Lastly the Vanquish does come with more standard autococker threads which could be a pro or con depending on barrel thread preference or a barrel you prefer to use. I actually prefer the Ion threads as they thread on/off much quicker but there are more barrel options going the autococker route.
Thanks bro! This was some good information. I am leaning towards the Luxe over the Vanquish but its still a hard choice. So many guns that have a similar performance and they all are in the same price range.
bigwooly123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:05 AM #68
DRAXX
www.muddhillspaintball.tk

LUXE vs. LUXE clone....

Hmmm...........

When in doubt, go with the original ;D
Old 08-19-2014, 11:38 PM #69
Tiga88
United States Air Force

Tiga88 plays in the PSP
Tiga88 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tiga88 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Tiga88 supports Team VICIOUS
Tiga88 plays in the APPA D4 division
Tiga88 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Tiga88 supports Empire
Vanquish just for reliability. Shot quality is pretty matched.
Live and die on this day."

Leaving feedback after a B/S/T is greatly appreciated
Tiga88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2014, 01:22 AM #70
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiga88 View Post
Vanquish just for reliability. Shot quality is pretty matched.
The Vanquish is not anymore reliable than the Luxe. The bolt/valve systems on each are practically identical. As far as the shot quality goes, they are pretty much the same untouched out of the box however if Luxe's has the feathertouch screw and adjustable manifold which allow the user to fine tune the shot. This is the main thing I feel edge's the Luxe out very slightly ahead (aside from my preference for its ergos and the tooless eye covers). You can slow the bolt down to the minimum speed required to sustain your desired rate of fire. It make the gun extremely smooth and to my knowledge the Vanquish does not have this feature.

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 08-20-2014 at 11:29 AM.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:32 PM #71
iMPy512

iMPy512 supports Pev's Paintball
But when my vanquish goes down Empire sends me the part in two days for free no questions asked.
iMPy512 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 04:50 PM #72
monkeyballer099639
monkeyballer

Annual Supporting Member
monkeyballer099639 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
monkeyballer099639 plays in the APPA D4 division
monkeyballer099639 supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAXX View Post
LUXE vs. LUXE clone....

Hmmm...........

When in doubt, go with the original ;D
Then grab a shocker and use the rest for paint.

Having owned several luxes and two vanquish 1.5s, I say they are equal. The vanquish is longer than the luxe, has the oled board, comes with the full barrel kit, has great CS, and only having to worry about 1 allen key is a nice feature. The luxe is more comfortable in the hands (preference) and, like mentioned about, can be adjusted more to fine tune the shot.

Evolution Sports
Zombie Unicorn Attack
monkeyballer099639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2014, 05:47 PM #73
Mr. Stealthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by iMPy512 View Post
But when my vanquish goes down Empire sends me the part in two days for free no questions asked.
They do have excellent customer service but so does DLX. I have seen them ship out parts no questions asked multiple times.

Here is a more comprehensive breakdown on the differences that I have put together. Keep in mind these are extremely similar platforms so most differences are pretty minimal especially in terms of shot quality. There are some pretty valid preferences that could sway a user either way depending on what they are looking for. As another user point out, a used Shocker with a spring modd'd bolt will actually get you very competitive performance going against these two designs. They are just a little more refined from their older brother. Also important to note is that both these guns have USB compatibility out of the box for updating software, adjusting settings and changing menu options.

Vanquish
1. Cocker threads (more barrel options/compatibility). Empire also "speed modd'd" the included barrel by removing a lot of the extra threading. It still isn't as quick to take on or off as the Ion threading but it is a lot quicker than your average cocker threaded barrel.
2. Standard 9 volt battery (pro or con depending on the person).
3. Easier access to inside the frame and body.
4. Everything uses the same size allen (although less of an advantage since the Luxe's eye covers don't require tools for access).
5. More barrel inserts out of the box and a carbon fiber tip (its loud as hell but hey, its light and its added value).
6. Slightly better air efficiency over Luxe
7. Soft face bolt tip for paint handling.

Luxe
1. Ion threads (less barrel options/compatibility but quicker barrel removal and more robust threading)
2. Rechargeable Lithium ion battery (could be a pro or con depending on the person).
3. Voice adjustibility and screen for those with the OLED
4. Easier access to servicing the regulator (although its still more time consuming than traditional designs).
5. Tool less access to the eye covers.
6. Feathertouch manifold with options for slowing the forward and rearward bolt speed for better paint handling and a smoother shot.
7. Lower pressure (slightly smoother/quieter shot).

Last edited by Mr. Stealthy : 09-02-2014 at 06:11 PM.