Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-18-2013, 02:57 PM #1
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

nateg09 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nateg09 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Fellow freestyle owners, help!

I recently sold a perfectly working freestyle to someone over the nation. I had the regs balanced perfectly and I even went to the trouble of shooting a hopper full of paint the day of shipment. The gun shot great and as good as any freestyle will shoot. The gun sat a couple days through shipment, it also encountered temperature fluctuations, and he is also using a different tank than mine obviously. The guy got the gun and claims its "broken" because it has bolt stick now. I tried walking him through the reg balancing steps and explaining its not broken. He refused to listen to me and said "he shouldnt have to tech a gun I sent broken." I sent him a giant detailed manual I printed out for him and it also clearly states in the manual "you should balance the regs every time you air up your freestyle"

To get to the point, he is filing a paypal dispute claiming "item is significantly not as described." What I am asking is for other freestyle owners that know the temperament of these markers and know you have to balance the regs about every time the marker is aired up, to post in the thread stating this problem and his gun is not "broken"

Here is the thread http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3934537

Thank you for any help you guys may be able to give.-Nate
nateg09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-18-2013, 08:48 PM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
honestly, there is nothing any of us can do. just refund the money and get the gun back. it sucks that you have to do that, but other than stating or providing a vid showing that it was working AND that the gun had screwed up the settings, there is nothing else to do. even though showing that its how you need to maintain the gun, if the person is an idiot and can't understand that, then they don't need owe it.

hell, putting a tell-tale on a part, is the only way to ensure that it was messed with. but who are you proving it to? the only thing you can do in the future is say "As is, it was working when it left my hand, anything after that is user error". that way the next person can't pull this on you.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 09:22 PM #3
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

Thank you for the response. I guess I am getting the **** end of the stick on this one.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:29 PM #4
maloneoni
The Ronin

I'd offer 3rd party services, but I have a lot on my plate right now.

But yeah, Nobody is right. Next time, make a video of it shooting before you put it in the box.

Both the freestyles that I have sold went to people that I knew wouldn't pull that crap on me and I knew they were competent.
Old 02-18-2013, 11:21 PM #5
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

thanks for the advice. I wish I did sell it to someone who actually knew something about these guns. The freestyle was a very nice naughty dogs gen 2 and it would be awesome in the hands of the right owner. I am too poor to afford paintball right now and hope it gets in the hands of a good, respectful owner eventually. In the meantime I'm going to have to eat it and find a real customer. I'm just hoping the current buyer didn't screw the gun up royally.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 AM #6
krupasjeans
happy day

You should post the name of the user who bought it off you so the rest of us that are selling something don't sell anything to him.
krupasjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 AM #7
maloneoni
The Ronin

onepumpchump13
Old 02-19-2013, 10:49 AM #8
nateg09
How do my balls taste?

Thanks guys
Old 02-20-2013, 01:15 PM #9
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

I am the buyer.

For Clarification : Saying AS IS in your selling thread will not get you anywhere when it comes to a dispute of goods through paypal. The PayPal Representative made that very clear, saying "AS IS" will not get anyone out of a refund when selling product.

What sealed the deal for the PayPal Representative, is when the seller NATEG09 went as far as altering his original sale thread in a very poor attempt to push the scam through. You can NEVER alter an original sale post for any reason once a sale has been made, unless of course you would like to become devoid of all credibility.

If the gun was perfectly fine and nothing wrong with it.. Why fight a refund so hard?
Why fight a refund on a price where I low balled the seller anyhow?
Why fight it unless the seller knows he sold a defective product?

I offered to pay shipping and already had a third party PBNATION mod lined up to handle the refund process.

I understand the sellers frustration when dealing with this issue. These things do happen in paintball though. Even through his personal slights and disrespectful attitude, I made every attempt to contact him and resolve this to avoid this situation. I went above and beyond to try to make this right for both parties.

I can do nothing for him now that his lack of cooperation and attitude has tied my hands.

Starting a thread to whine and cry about a situation that he let get to where it is only demonstrates what kind of seller he is.

I can not stop anyone from posting in this thread but I would appreciate it before you do, get the full scope of the situation before you start insulting someones intelligence you do not know.

When selling any goods you have to disclose all information at the point of sale. IF the gun can arrive in non working order this does have to be disclosed prior to the sale, not after the goods have arrived and been paid for.

If you let a random rant of someone who just forced a paypal refund due to their lack of professionalism and business etiquette stop you from doing business with me then its probably for the best any how.

All the best.

JT Inman

Here is the link to the sale.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...537&highlight=

http://www.xtremepaintballpark.com/
http://www.chipleymachine.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=1809223332
onepumpchump13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:34 PM #10
Nobody609

that's all well and good, but what if, YOU the buyer had messed with the settings, that you the buyer had a working gun but didn't understand that the gun needs adjustments. then its a scam in reverse. you didn't like the gun, thought that you were better, or wanted to tune the gun to you and you screwed it up so bad that you couldn't get it back to shooting, hence the "seller sent a non-working gun". can't really say.

maybe its buyer remorse. i know that i've had deals where the guns came to me less than what were described at, and i decided to suck it up and fix the gun. but only the seller and buyer know the truth on this matter.

i'm not here to judge. FSs are finicky and i've had one game with my FS8 where it sang and was impressive, but i know that a lot of the problems are user error on my part. i can't fault the seller, as its my gun. hell, my FS board reset itself one day and provided me with a whole set of problems that i didn't know i even had. to me, an FS is like a race car for the street. it has the same mechanics but requires a little more knowledge and a little more patience in operation. do you have it, don't know.

this isn't my fight and i hope that it can be resolved, peacefully.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:55 PM #11
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobody609 View Post
that's all well and good, but what if,

maybe its buyer remorse.

this isn't my fight and i hope that it can be resolved, peacefully.

This is not a hypothetical situation.

It is not buyers remorse in any way.

It has been resolved. Nateg09 is getting his product back and I am getting my money back. It was not a willing refund by the Nateg09, and he forced me to settle the dispute through PayPal.

Everything is in black and white. Keep the hypotheticals and imaginations out of this. You are correct, you have no place in this conversation.

The condition of the product when it left your hands to Nathans has no merit on the condition it arrived at my doorstep.

If you think you are doing him some good by posting in this thread please review everything and look at it from the perspective of you don't know anyone and you are thinking about purchasing from Nateg09.

Post whatever you like. Every post by him, myself, or anyone else is just another example of what the next person who MIGHT risk purchasing from him could go through.

Old 02-20-2013, 10:06 PM #12
Nobody609

Quote:
Originally Posted by onepumpchump13 View Post
This is not a hypothetical situation.

It is not buyers remorse in any way.

It has been resolved. Nateg09 is getting his product back and I am getting my money back. It was not a willing refund by the Nateg09, and he forced me to settle the dispute through PayPal.

Everything is in black and white. Keep the hypotheticals and imaginations out of this. You are correct, you have no place in this conversation.

The condition of the product when it left your hands to Nathans has no merit on the condition it arrived at my doorstep.

If you think you are doing him some good by posting in this thread please review everything and look at it from the perspective of you don't know anyone and you are thinking about purchasing from Nateg09.

Post whatever you like. Every post by him, myself, or anyone else is just another example of what the next person who MIGHT risk purchasing from him could go through.
wow, now i understand how this happened. you try to come off as an intellectual who holds his standards in high esteem, but yet is a meandering, simpleton who likes to bully people into doing what he wants. i do believe that an FS is too complicated for you.

and how you tried to dismiss me and my post, tells me all i need to know about you.

yeah, i believe nate on this.

you post in an open post, for all to read and comment on, but yet take offense when someone dares to comment. you say to stay out of it, but invite comments wow, what a big surprise. so if you find this new post offensive to your virgin sensibilities, please call in a mod and report me for having an opinion on this.

when you decide to be a professional, then do the decency to conduct your own self with a modicum of respect with people WHO YOU might do business with. if this is how the deal went down, then you won't last long on any forum. remember respect is a 2 way street.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:44 AM #13
maloneoni
The Ronin

Posting here doesn't make you right and him wrong or him right and you wrong. It doesn't really matter at this point. You are being refunded and he is getting his marker back, broken, incorrectly tuned or otherwise.

I'd say this this thread has ran its course and should be closed.
Old 02-21-2013, 01:23 AM #14
onepumpchump13
Total Greif #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by maloneoni View Post
I'd say this this thread has ran its course and should be closed.
Agreed