Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-20-2013, 10:26 PM #1
TS4life

Exclamation Eyes not turning on.

Was doing some cleaning on my promaster and after take grip panel off and eye covers and all, putting it back together when I turn t he marker on it automatically starts in eyes off and won't turn on, even with the bolt covering them in the breach. Any idea why?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 PM #2
Nobody609

Nobody609 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
what board do you have?

if its a stock PM board, i believe that you need to hold the trigger down when you turn it off to turn on the eyes, but i would consult the manual. i don't know stock PM settings that well.
Nobody609 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 12:06 AM #3
maloneoni
The Ronin

has been a member for 10 years
Check that the harness is in good condition. A pinched wire never helps.
Old 03-27-2013, 09:48 PM #4
TS4life

Took it apart today and still nothing...

The only thing I did notice is when I took the covers off and looked at the eyes one of them is kind of dark, not sure if it was always like that or suppose to be but one is clear and the other has a tint to it, otherwise I have all wires unpinched from anything and connected to where they're suppose to be.
Old 03-27-2013, 10:36 PM #5
Nobody609

those are are normal for the stock eyes. they are an infrared receiver and emitter.

i would have to look at them to find out. if you have a different board, you can try a different board to see if its the harness or the board. different board and same result means the harness. different board and eyes work, its the old board.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:24 AM #6
TS4life

Hmmm... Just trying to figure it out because they were working prior to taking it apart in the first place to change some dip settings and changing the battery.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:51 AM #7
Nobody609

i am leaning towards a broken solder joint. remember those stock harnesses are now 8 years old for a Promaster, with thin wiring. so a yank here, a push there and the joint will break. check the ends of the connections and gently wiggle the wires and joints. see what is being held on with the heat shrink.

also, make sure you didn't turn off the eyes off the settings. cover the bases...
Old 03-28-2013, 11:50 PM #8
maloneoni
The Ronin

has been a member for 10 years
Spend the twenty dollars or whatever it is and have Nobody put a new harness in it. Totally worth it. I think the last 19 markers I have picked up have gone to him for a harness overhaul.

And get some new eyes put in while he is at it. I'd bet that the eyes are toast or the harness is shot. I have had a little bit of paint sit on the wrong part of the eye for a little bit too long and connector rusts or some voodoo magic. Visually, it looks okay, but its spirit is gone.

Last edited by maloneoni : 03-28-2013 at 11:53 PM.
maloneoni is offline   Reply With Quote