Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 10-09-2006, 05:48 AM #85
Darkness Coming

Obviously now that they have the bomb, severe measures need to be taken against them or else no definite good will come.

I also believe the Russians and Chinese are up to no good.
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 10-09-2006, 06:46 AM #86
SynTek
Big Brother With a Smile

SynTek is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford
too long didnt read

North Korea's majority population starves every day. They do however have a million man army. the us has what 200k?

this effects us little as far as life or death is concerned. If nukes are exchanged between china/japan/N.Korea/S.Korea that could be a problem. But does anyone know if this test was even a success?
If it wasn't a success nothing would have happened at all. Other than a detonation of conventional explosives.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:48 AM #87
$PJ$

No one even knows if there was anything more than a conventional use of explosives. This could just be NK's way of puffing out their chests saying "look at me."
Old 10-09-2006, 07:43 AM #88
scumquat1
My friends call me Scum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by $PJ$
PROPS TO NK!!!

They have just as much right to have and test nukes as the US and out allies.
How the hell do you come to the conclusion that an outlaw regime that starves, tortures and murders its own people has as much of a right to have and test nukes as the US and our allies? Apparently you're incapable of making a moral distinction between this country and NK. That's pathetic.

btw, we should encourage the Japanese to change their constitution and increase their defense spending.

"Racism is a doctrine of, by and for brutes. It is a barnyard or stock-farm version of collectivism, appropriate to a mentality that differentiates between various breeds of animals, but not between animals and men." - Ayn Rand.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:50 AM #89
BunkerNinja

BunkerNinja is a Supporting Member
It means Pox Americana is ****ed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1
btw, we should encourage the Japanese to change their constitution and increase their defense spending.
The United States restricts it.
Old 10-09-2006, 08:48 AM #90
xtraking
oh yes...

waiting for Bush to make his brief speech about this...

Washington Capitals Baltimore RavensWBS Penguins
Old 10-09-2006, 08:51 AM #91
xtraking
oh yes...

after this is all said and done, im guessing there basically wont be any more "asians" anymore besides the japanese, and there will be a scarce of Russians.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:02 AM #92
Prea

bush just finished speaking, it sounds like hes waiting for the UN to get together to decide on what happens next

and lol...."korean peninshula"
Old 10-09-2006, 09:03 AM #93
xtraking
oh yes...

haha... i just heard after the report that China, Japan, South Korea, and Russia were siding with us? I'm not sure if i heard that right though... hmmm

But Bush did say we wil hold them the US, Japan, and South Korea will hold them responsible for whatever action they do.

basically we gotta wait for security counsel.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:10 AM #94
DreadLock Doc
Love Me, Don't Bother Me

DreadLock Doc is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by scumquat1
How the hell do you come to the conclusion that an outlaw regime that starves, tortures and murders its own people has as much of a right to have and test nukes as the US and our allies? Apparently you're incapable of making a moral distinction between this country and NK. That's pathetic.

It has nothing to do with making any sort of distinction between any country. Kim Jong-il is a dick for sure, but he's still the recognized leader of North Korea. Any sovereign government has an ability and a right to pursue the development of nuclear weapons. That does not necessarily mean that they should, or that the rest of the world should tolerate some states' possession of nuclear arms, but that they can and the world does.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:19 AM #95
Overbear
#2 Anti Stim Club Member!

Overbear is a Supporting Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by ips8
but who gave china the weapons, probably russia.
Actualy speculation is china stole the plans from russia who had stole it from us (big spy ring in the late 40's).
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A democracy is, two wolves and a sheep voting on dinner.
A republic is, two sheep and a wolf voting on dinner.
A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Armed gays don't get bashed - www.pinkpistols.org

ssgaR: 'faith is the path of least resistance'."

Rapier7: Don't be a douche
Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 AM #96
Prea

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraking
anyone know when that will be?
Old 10-09-2006, 09:20 AM #97
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtraking
haha... i just heard after the report that China, Japan, South Korea, and Russia were siding with us? I'm not sure if i heard that right though... hmmm

But Bush did say we wil hold them the US, Japan, and South Korea will hold them responsible for whatever action they do.

Both china and russia have a vested intrest in keeping NK from having nukes that work. Both countries border NK, and if NK starts launching, who do you think is downwind of any fallout from whats left of NK when the world launches back?
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms . . . disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes . . . Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man - Thomas Jefferson

A constitutional republic is, voting on dinner is expressly forbidden and the sheep are armed.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:29 AM #98
xtraking
oh yes...

Yeah i dont know, i think China and Russia's actions, whatever they are, will be unexpected. But, Did anybody hear the lady on fox news just a few seconds ago? I forget her name, but she was saying how its both Bush's and Clintons fault they N Korea has reachde this point, and the republicans must scramble to solve this problem. And the report cut her off for commercial ending it with, well the world must resolve this problem, its not just the republicans problem. I thought it was kind of funny.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:31 AM #99
Prea

yea, i try to stay away from fox news as much as possible, so i missed it
Old 10-09-2006, 09:35 AM #100
Dude5779597

well considering the US is Japan defender because of the treaty at the end of WWII we may be dragged into another war and possibly one with china. but i think that if a attack on japan happens the us may allow them to build up an expeditionary force under the comand of the US.
Old 10-09-2006, 09:35 AM #101
xtraking
oh yes...

Lmao, Kim Jong likes daffy duck, fast cars, scotch, and James Bond movies.

I think this is all because hes mad he didnt become a film director.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:37 AM #102
xtraking
oh yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude5779597
well considering the US is Japan defender because of the treaty at the end of WWII we may be dragged into another war and possibly one with china. but i think that if a attack on japan happens the us may allow them to build up an expeditionary force under the comand of the US.
We aren't going to be "dragged" into another war. How could you call it being "dragged" into another war when nuclear weapons are being used on your, or your allies? I think it is just the fact that Kim Jong is a *******... so we have the obligation to take him out.

Old 10-09-2006, 09:55 AM #103
Overbear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude5779597
China's intire economy depends on the US being around. They have based alot of their loans/money on US bonds they hold/trade on the market. Trust me, china has no real intrest in going to war with the US...now, india/packastand is a different issue intirely.

japan has a expeditionary force, one that is FAR better armed and equiped than our own military. The only thing japan does not have is a 'air force' as we supply most of their air cover.

I think we are going to see china come down hard on NK, we may even see china push troops into NK and take it down. Only time will tell.

Old 10-09-2006, 10:09 AM #104
bizkitfan601

bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
bizkitfan601 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Without China, North Korea wouldn't exist and it wouldn't be a Communist state. North Korea ****ed up royally here. For quite some time North Korea has just been China's lapdog - causing concern for the West but not actually doing anything. Now, North Korea has taken action independant of the wishes of China and they're in for a ****load of trouble. Don't expect us to be in a war against China - they're not going to be too happy about this.

"I wonder if there is such a thing in nature as a fat mind? I really think I have met with one or two: minds which could not keep up with the slowest trot in conversation; could not jump over a logical fence to save their lives; always got stuck fast in a narrow argument; and, in short, were fit for nothing but to waddle helplessly through the world"
Old 10-09-2006, 10:11 AM #105
Prea

so does NK really have anyone on their side?