PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyGold Ups

Old 05-07-2015, 04:54 PM #1
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Custom Tailored PC's

Hello, welcome to my thread. This is where you can have a personal computer designed and custom built to meet your needs and desires perfectly. I work for Associate Computer Systems in Marion Illinois, a small technology company that has been serving the area for for than two decades. My job description includes computer repair and virus removal, data recovery, cell phone & tablet repair, and even network installation, maintenance & service. Essentially I'm the I.T. associate. We also get to build computers for customers on a semi regular basis, some for people such as local graphics designers or to run training simulators, but most are your run of the mill browsing or professional PC. That is why I am here. Building high end working art pieces is probably what I enjoy the most, but get to do the least. So I am going to offer individually custom tailored personal computers mailed directly to your door. A service exclusive to my brothers & sisters on the PBNation!

This is how you can have your very own Tim Foolery PC

1. Post here, then PM me to let me know you want a computer. We discuss what you’re looking for and your budget, I create a few different builds to pick and choose from and we iron out your final build.

2. You pay for your parts and they are ordered. They arrive and I begin assembly. I install your operating System and begin stress testing. This 72hr burn in and torture testing period checks the entire PC for stability, performance and reliability.

3. I inform you that your PC is completed and you pay the remaining balance; which includes labor, shipping and PayPal costs. I expertly package your PC so that even the most disgruntled postman will not damage it, and I send it on its way.

4. It arrives and you carefully open the box and dig through insulation to remove your PC. You open it up and remove all of the protective films and interior GPU & CPU stabilizing materials that kept your PC safe during its travels. You plug in your power, monitor, and peripherals and enjoy your brand new machine!

5. You leave feedback. Leave some feedback and post here in this thread to let everyone know how you feel about your new PC! Couldn’t be happier? Have a few problems? Post it here to let the whole community know what you’re thinking!

Other Services

1. Build Advice: Many people want to build their own PC’s but don’t know where to begin. If you need someone to help you through the process directly I can provide service to assist you from ordering your parts to optimizing your games. No official charge, gratuity appreciated.

2. D.I.Y. Build-A-PC: If you really want to build your own PC but don’t know which parts to choose or how to setup your system. Whatever the reason; I can assemble, setup and torture test your PC. Then repackage and ship your components so you can finish it yourself for no additional cost.

Most PC gamers can claim they built the PC they are gaming on and can tell you just about anything you never asked to know about it. Cause PC master race things. Building your own machine can be quite satisfying and I recommend it. But there are those who view their computer as a nice appliance, they want to buy a good one and they want it to look and work very well. There may also be those who may lack the know-how or desire to build their own PC. Whatever the reason, I am here for you guys. There is nothing wrong with buying and selling used PC hardware, but that is not what I do. I take my knowledge and experience and assemble the perfect build list based on your budget and needs and assemble it with brand new, under warranty hardware. I cannot build you a computer for less than you can build it yourself.

Advantages of My Rigs: Quality that far exceeds that of a prebuilt from a big box store, often can be less expensive and you get none of the bloatware you’d get from a big brand PC. My service after the sale and warranty exceed any big-box store and rivals the most renowned vendors. Every PC I build comes with a standard warranty and my premium extended warranty is available.

Standard Warranty: Every component in your PC is covered for the duration of it's manufacturer warranty. Should any component of your systm fail to function properly prematurely, it will be handled immediately. No RMA or nonsense, No RMA and no nonsense. I will send you a new part with a return shipping label and I handle the RMA process myself. Should your system need to be serviced as a whole, your are covered for one instance of shipping your whole system to me. Malware is not covered in this warranty, warranty transferable to anyone on PBNation.

Extended Warranty - $200: My extended warranty shames any extended service plan offerend by any big-box chain or online vendor period. For a full 5 years you are covered. Should any component in your system fail, it will be replaced and sent with a prepaid shipping label to return your faulty part. Should your system need to be serviced or cleaned you are covered for up to 2 instances of shipping your PC to me, this includes malware. This warranty is also transferable.

Every PC comes with an owner's box or "goody box". An owner's box typically contains: operating system disc and product sticker, manuals and driver discs, an envelope filled with program lists, product keys and itemized receipts, a flash drive with drivers and programs, and a bunch of spare hardware as well as any game codes or DLC that came bundled with your hardware.

I'll take this time to mention that my experience, talent and services are not free. My PC’s are not cheaper than you can build them yourself and that is not my goal. My prices are firm and usually come in around 25% markup of the parts cost. My computers and services are exclusively for sale and not for trade. Thank you for reading my listing and have an awesome day!

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 01-11-2016 at 12:04 PM.
Tim Foolery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2015, 05:04 PM #2
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Review #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ripdisc View Post
I just wanted to share my experience buying a computer from Tim! I couldn't be happier with the whole process, and would highly recommend his services to anyone.

I fit his outlined scenario about perfectly. I was looking at a new PC and leaning towards one of the more budget brands like cyberpower, but looking at their nicer setups they were still lacking in spots. The higher end brands didn't offer as much for a lot more money, so I felt stuck getting something lackluster or spending more than I wanted. I saw Tim offering build advice and services and thought it might be a way to get more of what I wanted, and sent him a PM.

Tim is super friendly and patient. Any questions I had he took time to explain the answers and why. He was always fast to respond and never pushy, even though he had no idea if I was actually going to purchase anything from him. He put together a few builds for me and we made several changes along the way. Any research I did on my own always just reiterated what he had suggested.

After talking with him a bunch and seeing that he actually cared about building something with quality; and that I was happy with in the long run, I wanted to get a system built! After deciding on parts he ordered everything and got to work putting it together. I got constant progress updates, and he gave me lots of choices and options on everything along the way. He built it how I wanted while giving his opinions on anything where it would have mattered. After stress testing and a quick fix for a DOA part he had everything to me quickly and packaged up perfectly.

The computer is awesome. Tim was very professional and is easily one of the friendliest people I have dealt with on PBN. I could tell he enjoyed his work and was excited to help me out, and once it was done he was proud of the build! Thanks again Tim, you really went above and beyond. I hope others will take advantage of your awesome service!
Wow, thanks rip. I am glad you think so highly of my services. Hopefully soon others will as well!

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 01-10-2016 at 02:45 PM.
Old 05-30-2015, 07:50 PM #3
isalecrap
Breh

has been a member for 10 years
isalecrap is playing at Living Legends V
isalecrap has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
isalecrap is attending Decay of Nations VI
Do you have a UPS or FedEx business plan or something? I've shipped a few builds and they're usually around $190 just in shipping for a full size tower.
isalecrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2015, 11:06 PM #4
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

While I do have both a FedEx and UPS business accounts through work I have never paid that much for shipping a PC without them. Even a full tower. Usually it's in the $48-$68 range plus $15 or so for packing materials if I need them. I even make a point to small PC's in their case box within another box packed full of peanuts and air bubbles. I've never shipped a Corsair 900D or a Caselabs case before though and I know those can be pretty heavy.

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 01-01-2016 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 01:27 PM #5
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

If I get one customer before 1000 views I'll lose my mind.
Old 06-09-2015, 11:32 AM #6
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

I'd like to build someone a X99 platform with dual watercooled 980ti's and a PCIe based SSD.
Old 06-14-2015, 11:37 AM #7
chadlytle
Runnin' thru Hell.

chadlytle posts videos on PbNation
chadlytle has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
chadlytle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
chadlytle has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Build me a sick setup and I will give you all my gear and maybe some cash :-) pm if interested

Bee Boo Bop Beep
chadlytle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 08:40 PM #8
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Can't do it bud, wish I could. I hardly play paintball but once a year anymore and my PC's are strictly for sale. Thanks for posting though.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:25 AM #9
16Detectives

I think the way to go is buying the components individually from whoever does the best prices and then building a unit yourself. Whatever store I look online for tailored PC's wind up being silly expensive still.
16Detectives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:15 AM #10
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by 16Detectives View Post
I think the way to go is buying the components individually from whoever does the best prices and then building a unit yourself. Whatever store I look online for tailored PC's wind up being silly expensive still.
I agree completely. When you build them yourself it is the most fun and cost effective. That may seem obvious to someone like you or I, but there are many people who don't have the knowledge or desire to pick parts and assemble their own PC. That's how companies like IbuyPower, CyberPowerPC, and other places are in business. I enjoy building just as much as they do, but I don't have to make a living from it so I don't have to cut corners to make a price point. You also won't get the one on one support and the personalized service from a big vendor.

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 07-01-2015 at 03:45 AM.
Old 07-06-2015, 03:12 PM #11
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Still here doing stuff.
Old 07-11-2015, 09:52 PM #12
897Rusherkid897
Heavy Hitters

897Rusherkid897 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
897Rusherkid897 supports DLX Technology
897Rusherkid897 supports DLX Technology
I like this pming you!
897Rusherkid897 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 08:10 PM #13
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Looking forward to it, thank you.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:44 AM #14
OldSkoolP8ntr

PM inbound

Sending you a PM per your instructions.
Old 07-19-2015, 08:56 PM #15
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldSkoolP8ntr View Post
Sending you a PM per your instructions.
Replied good sir
Old 07-22-2015, 11:56 PM #16
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

If you would like personalized build advice, send me a PM with Build Advice in the title explaining your intentions for the PC and budget and I will help you out. Build advice uses a "pay what you like" policy,if you found my advice useful feel free to tip via PayPal.

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 12-07-2015 at 11:29 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:52 AM #17
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Just finished building my first prebuilt for the nation. I will have pics and specs up this evening or tomorrow morning.

Edit: Sold Locally

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 12-07-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:03 AM #18
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Well guys that prebuilt didn't make it to the nation because someone purchased it locally, but I've built another and I'm putting up now. I'm still here, still making PC's, still wanting to cut my brothers and sisters on the nation the best deal and offer the best customer service.

Edit: Also Sold Locally

Last edited by Tim Foolery : 12-07-2015 at 11:30 PM.
Old 09-08-2015, 09:26 AM #19
WoodChuck65

WoodChuck65 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
WoodChuck65 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
How much is shipping normally? I know gaming PC's can turn into fat beasts ...
Old 09-08-2015, 10:07 AM #20
Tim Foolery
Mr. Goodnews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodChuck65 View Post
How much is shipping normally? I know gaming PC's can turn into fat beasts ...
It really depends on the system you desire. I prefer to build Micro ATX towers over full towers and I REALLY enjoy building HTPC gaming machines like the Silverstone RVZ01B, ML07B or the Fractal Node 202 and those are rather inexpensive to ship comparatively. In general I try to keep shipping bellow $50.
Old 09-28-2015, 07:16 PM #21
ripdisc

is playing at Living Legends XI
ripdisc owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ripdisc supports DLX Technology
Pm'd and working on a build with Tim! He is very knowledgeable and patient in answering questions. I am really enjoying getting it all together and can honestly tell he is too! The best type of salesman will not just tell you their opinion, but they will educate you on the subject with both the good/bad and give you alternative options and Tim does just that.

The Ripdisc Collection
Custom PCs!
ripdisc is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyGold Ups

Rules for Buy/Sell/Trade Forums
  1. Buy/Sell/Trade here on PbNation at your own risk. We assume no responsibility for any part of any transaction. Never send money or product before a deal is agreed to by both sides and full contact information is exchanged and verified. Do not rely on PM's. If the other party is unwilling to share contact information, then don't deal with them. Please read more B/S/T tips here.
  2. If you feel that you could offer a better deal, then make a new thread in the correct forum with your ad. Never post your item in another user's thread and ruin their chances at selling their gear. Do not post negative comments about someone else's item for sale even about their price.
  3. No flaming at all. Please be polite to both the seller and potential buyers. If you don’t like something being sold or the price the seller is asking, go to another thread and simply don’t post in theirs. Sellers also have an obligation to be polite to users who post in the thread. If it is a scam or violates our rules, report the post and specify in detail what is improper.
  4. We recommend you always check for new and old PbN feedback as well as the Theft Report Forum before considering any deal here.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins section. Please read and follow the complete Terms of Service and the complete B/S/T Rules as well. Most B/S/T questions are answered in the PbNation FAQ.