PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-06-2007, 11:23 PM #22
Loucust
Back From the Grave

has been a member for 10 years
That was an awesome run through of your pre-game...Best read ever.
Thomas "Troll" Taylor#305
♠XSV♠
The system is FLAWED. We have been FAILED. It's time to REVOLT.
Loucust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-07-2007, 01:20 AM #23
Ninja Jones

What do you guys have in the works for your 07 Jerseys? Will they be even more awesome than the 06?
Ninja Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 05:52 PM #24
amedeiros
*559*

amedeiros is a Supporting Member
cough cough semi pro finals HB 06 eh millman........
amedeiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:21 PM #25
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

juju brown is a Professional paintball player
juju brown works for a Paintball manufacturer
juju brown has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
juju brown has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Jones View Post
What do you guys have in the works for your 07 Jerseys? Will they be even more awesome than the 06?
The jerseys will be awesome... I've just looked at rough draft and its looking good but not 100% yet. We might have to get them after HB so it could be the Draxxus or Eclipse jersey for HB.

Later Ninja
Visit JT SplatMaster @ www.JTSplatMaster.com
juju brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 06:23 PM #26
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhelsel View Post
What takes place in "Hell week"?

I will get the Troll to answer this one for you Josh... He love's hell week!!!!
Old 03-07-2007, 06:43 PM #27
joshhelsel

joshhelsel plays in the PSP
joshhelsel plays in the APPA D5 division
joshhelsel is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju brown View Post
Hahaha, Sounds good Jr.
joshhelsel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 07:00 PM #28
TzeentchianGod
aka Sentinel

TzeentchianGod is a Supporting Member
TzeentchianGod supports Cereal Killerz 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by juju brown View Post
Or see it for yourself on Heroes For a Day by Monkey With a Gun. It will be available soon right here in the PbNation store!
Old 03-07-2007, 07:02 PM #29
joshhelsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
Or see it for yourself on Heroes For a Day by Monkey With a Gun. It will be available soon right here in the PbNation store!
Well, I plan to buy H4ad once it comes out.
But until then.....I would like to know a bit.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:20 PM #30
juju brown
@JuniorBrownXSV

Heroes For a Day by Monkey With a Gun...

The part in the movie that has the hell week is so good you all will love it.

You will love the movie.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:31 PM #31
joshhelsel

I can't wait to see it, TzeentchianGod: isn't it supposed to be for sale towards HB?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:06 PM #32
FreshPooky
I like my fatness

FreshPooky plays in the PSP
FreshPooky plays in the APPA D5 division
FreshPooky is one of the top 1000 posters on PbNation
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzeentchianGod View Post
hooray shameless self-promotion!

Planet Eclipse, Empire, Understood
Avarice
XSV OT
FreshPooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 10:14 PM #33
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

I would like to have watched it while that version of the team was in existence, but i will get it anyway.

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL
brianthehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 09:46 AM #34
ttlphotography
XSVOT's jolly curmudgeon

ttlphotography is a Paintball photographer
ttlphotography owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
ttlphotography plays in the APPA beginner division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xjrmillman13X View Post
There's really a balance between what each person does as an individual, and what we do as a team. So far the best balance i've ever seen or been apart of, is the warmup routine that Rich and the XSV Oldie's have come up with. As a team we warmup together, with each individual doing their own personal routine within the teams' warmup.

As a team, we were at the field at 7 a.m. every single morning of the tournament to walk the field before games started at 7:30. In that 30 minutes we break up into squads and re-evaluate the plays and gameplans that we have come up with before hand, and alter them to better suit the team we're going to play. After the games have started, as a team we are in the stands watching the other teams play the field to see what works and what doesn't. Sometimes when you practice on a field layout, you can run up to the 40 Dorito with no problem, but at the tournament, you might not be able to. Watching the games as a team, allows everyone on the team to see what the field allows for them as an individual to do. So while Thomas is watching games, he's looking to see if the guy who's playing his side of the field is making it to the snake on the break, who's shooting at that guy, so on and so forth. So to start with, as a team you can start by getting to the field and having each person on your team, watch what the other teams players are doing/able to do.

The next thing we do is go to the staging area as a team and start to gear up, usually about and hour and a half to two hours before our first game. It's at this point in the teams warmup, that the individual will take over. While we're putting on our gear, Thomas and Marcus Nielson will put on their ipod's, (honestly i think they're listening to Supertramp, or Disney's Alladin soundtrack, or something along those lines! I only say that because Marcus sometimes will look at you and say, "I can show you the world..." :-P) But seriously while we're gearing up as a team, we each do our own thing, some listen to music, Trevor Mcgee is quiet, Siewars, Pridieux and I quote family guy, and Neil comes up to each of us individually and tells us to, "have a game" but for the most part we're joking around with each other and just talking.

After we've geared up, we'll go over to an open area, jog a few laps and stretch as a team. Again, it's here that each person's individual routine fits within what the team is doing. While we're stretching, Thomas leads us but is still listenting to his ipod. Telford, is actually really quiet during this time, probably because he's wondering if his pills have kicked in for his back! After we stretch as a team, we pull it in and have a real quiet pep talk. For us, this weekend each pep-talk included bits about not forgetting what we've worked on for the last two months and how we had something to prove because a lot of people out there didn't expect much from us. After this we broke out and this is where the team's warmup was over and each person does what they need to do to get in the zone. When we get to this point it's usually 30-40 minutes before the game starts.

For me, i use this time to continue stretching the muscles that i need to make sure i stretch so that i don't cramp up or pull a muscle. While i'm stretching i'm thinking about what my job is on the field. This weekend I played the dorito side so i mentally pictured myself running my primary, what angles can i shoot from there, who can stop me from moving up to my secondary, what angles can i shoot from there, what am i going to do if someone is stopping me from moving up, etc?
When i'm done stretching, i'll go and make sure my gun is working, this always involves changing the batteries in my gun and hopper. Then running about two hoppers worth of paint through my gun to make sure everything works, then chronoing it and moving on. This is where i'll take one last look over the gameplans, making sure i know exactly what i'm supposed to do for each play.
After all this is done, it puts me at ease and i'm focused and ready to play because i don't have any doubts. I know my body is physically ready to play, i know my gun is working perfectly, and knowing exactly what i'm going to do on the field puts any doubt out of my mind. By doing the same routine over and over it's like a checklist to a pilot, it installs confidence in your gear, and more importantly, yourself.

So, to sum it all up, come up with a team warmup and stick to it, everytime, while you're doing the teams' warmup, do whatever you have to do. The most important thing you need to accomplish during this entire process is to remove all doubt. The little mice running around inside your head that make you doubt your playing ability will only distract you from winning, showing up to a game with gear that might not work is going to distract you from winning, not knowing what you're job on the field is will distract you from winning. By having everyone on the team there to warm up will install confidence in one another, because it removes doubt in your team-mates. (one of the biggest distractions a team can have is wondering if a teammate is going to show up on time!)

Thanks for the support and i hope this helps

Jon Millman
XSV #13.
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndid=941 8006

Jon, that was great man. appreciate the time and detail.

thanks to all the team for coming in here.

JuJu-great thread idea man.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:28 AM #35
T_Troll

T_Troll is a Supporting Member
T_Troll is a Professional paintball player
 owns a Planet Eclipse CS Infamous
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshhelsel View Post
What takes place in "Hell week"?
Hell week for the most part is all about the team coming together and bonding. It puts everyone on the same page with the same goals for getting in better shape and perfecting there paintball skills.

The workouts consist of total body workouts that push you past your breacking point. When you think you have no more you are pushed to keep going. Our trainer trys to do everything he can to breack us so that when we are out there on the field we know theres nothing that can be done to us that we have not already done to ourselfs!! As you will see in the video we work out in the gym and at the track.

As far as paintball we go and do three or so hours of drills a day pluse there is a two day practice before and a two day practice to finish up the week. A total of nine days that you want to die.
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Thoma...88?ref=tn_tnmn
I am now offering personal and team training online as well as field breakdowns/game plans/drills. http://positivechangeusa.com/paintball/
T_Troll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:38 AM #36
Eclipse7x

Eclipse7x is a Paintball photographer
sweet thomas thanks for stoping in and puting the time in to write that up.
Eclipse7x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:05 PM #37
joshhelsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Troll View Post
Hell week for the most part is all about the team coming together and bonding. It puts everyone on the same page with the same goals for getting in better shape and perfecting there paintball skills.

The workouts consist of total body workouts that push you past your breacking point. When you think you have no more you are pushed to keep going. Our trainer trys to do everything he can to breack us so that when we are out there on the field we know theres nothing that can be done to us that we have not already done to ourselfs!! As you will see in the video we work out in the gym and at the track.

As far as paintball we go and do three or so hours of drills a day pluse there is a two day practice before and a two day practice to finish up the week. A total of nine days that you want to die.
Wow, Sounds crazy.
Thanks for answering Thomas.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:37 PM #38
Tivo32
Be Clutch

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Troll View Post

That must be a great way to start a season. From that point on you must know that you've given so much of yourselves already that you can always keep giving more.
Tivo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:50 PM #39
play_the_game

yer hell week is great
play_the_game is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:00 PM #40
brianthehulk
AKA The Thing

ok time to post bench numbers lol, ill go first if i have to.
im kidding, i know pb training ist the same

Team Illuminati Paintball PSP/NPPL

Last edited by brianthehulk : 03-08-2007 at 03:11 PM.
brianthehulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:37 PM #41
twitches

do you guys need a extra player for MAO i want to play and i can ball
twitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 07:51 PM #42
webby1414

JB, What ever happend to Team BROKE BACK? Kids from the NEPL keep asking me what happend to you.
webby1414 is offline   Reply With Quote