Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-21-2010, 10:47 PM #1
k0m0d0

has been a member for 10 years
since it seems practically impossible to buy a replacement part...

Just bought an Evil Omen 2.0, which is in like new condition, but it's missing the recock adjuster screw...

Would someone PLEASE be willing to send me their recock adjuster screw from an Evil Omen 2.0 so I can duplicate it, and then return it? I work at a high end machine shop, so it will be easy enough, but I need something to copy

or, if someone is proficient enough at measuring, could they supply me with a sketch of one, with dimensions, etc?

Thanks in advance to anyone willing to help me out

1f u c4n r34d th1s u r34lly n33d t0 g37 l41d!!

PBN BST Forums:
"Where a deal's a deal...unless I get a better offer...or change my mind...or forget about you before I get around to shipping...or just plain change my mind"

Thanks for double dealing me weezy617 !!!
k0m0d0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2010, 07:14 PM #2
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
try contacting theboss33 on here. He should be able to help you find what you are looking for.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 08:13 PM #3
k0m0d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSin2000 View Post
try contacting theboss33 on here. He should be able to help you find what you are looking for.
thanks! I just shot him a PM...

PBN BST Forums:
"Where a deal's a deal...unless I get a better offer...or change my mind...or forget about you before I get around to shipping...or just plain change my mind"

Old 07-22-2010, 10:00 PM #4
k0m0d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0m0d0 View Post
thanks! I just shot him a PM...
no go...he says he hasn't had any n quite some time...

so I'm still on the lookout for one...or even to borrow one to duplicate...

anyone?

beuller?? beuller???

PBN BST Forums:

Old 07-22-2010, 10:03 PM #5
AirSin2000
Tengoungato?

AirSin2000 supports Team VICIOUS
AirSin2000 posts videos on PbNation
AirSin2000 supports Empire
I'll take a look around.
AirSin2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:19 PM #6
k0m0d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirSin2000 View Post
I'll take a look around.
Thanks! I really appreciate it...

I suppose I could take everything apart and try to figure out what it is that the screw does, and make one based on that, but finding one (even just as a loaner) would make it ALOT easier

PBN BST Forums:

Old 07-31-2010, 11:21 PM #7
pbking316
Evil Wins

plays in the NXL
wow dude you really need to make some recock screws. i now have the same problem, my omen 2.0 has the screw stuck inside. the allen key hole is stripped maybe if i get it out i'll send it to you. i beleive the earlier omens use a different screw also, something is different with the 2.0 valve and screw.

i looked around and no one has these i just find everyone asking where to get them.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:05 AM #8
k0m0d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbking316 View Post
wow dude you really need to make some recock screws. i now have the same problem, my omen 2.0 has the screw stuck inside. the allen key hole is stripped maybe if i get it out i'll send it to you. i beleive the earlier omens use a different screw also, something is different with the 2.0 valve and screw.

i looked around and no one has these i just find everyone asking where to get them.
definately, if you can figure out how to get yours out, I'd make a dozen or so up, and send you a few in return

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-02-2010, 10:49 AM #9
pbking316
Evil Wins

plays in the NXL
got mine out last nite
pm me a mailing address and ill send it to you

its just a fine threaded screw but the tip is narrower in diameter and rounded at the end. the origional omen recock screw is different it is one diameter with a sudden sharp pont at the end. they appeared to be different threads but i could be wrong about that.

shot my origional omen with 1.5 parts yesterday. forgot how awesome the omen is love shooting this. the moving back block and slight recoil make it fun to shoot. an indoor airball field opened near me so im gettin back into the sport
Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 PM #10
k0m0d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbking316 View Post
got mine out last nite
pm me a mailing address and ill send it to you

its just a fine threaded screw but the tip is narrower in diameter and rounded at the end. the origional omen recock screw is different it is one diameter with a sudden sharp pont at the end. they appeared to be different threads but i could be wrong about that.

shot my origional omen with 1.5 parts yesterday. forgot how awesome the omen is love shooting this. the moving back block and slight recoil make it fun to shoot. an indoor airball field opened near me so im gettin back into the sport
sweet!! PM'd you

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-07-2010, 09:00 PM #11
dmginc308
tinkerer

If you make a couple extras, i want to buy 2. let me know when theyre finished
dmginc308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 11:09 PM #12
k0m0d0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmginc308 View Post
If you make a couple extras, i want to buy 2. let me know when theyre finished
ordering the screws on Monday (50 of them), and when they get here I'll begin modifying them...there should be plenty to go around

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-09-2010, 12:17 AM #13
dmginc308
tinkerer

Actually, is it true the 2.0 screws wont fit in a 1.5 valve? If thats true, could you make some 1.5 screws? If you made a stock of all the types of recock screws, you would be the hero of the Omen community!
word around the office is you've got a fat cocker... I've got a fat cocker too... Maybe we should rub our fat cockers together sometime... Maybe a little oil... You know, 2 fat cockers, together... oil *sips coffee*
Old 08-09-2010, 12:32 AM #14
k0m0d0

Quote:
Actually, is it true the 2.0 screws wont fit in a 1.5 valve? If thats true, could you make some 1.5 screws? If you made a stock of all the types of recock screws, you would be the hero of the Omen community!
dunno...don't have a 1.5, so I couldn't say

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-16-2010, 08:00 PM #15
dmginc308
tinkerer

Hows it going?
word around the office is you've got a fat cocker... I've got a fat cocker too... Maybe we should rub our fat cockers together sometime... Maybe a little oil... You know, 2 fat cockers, together... oil *sips coffee*
Old 08-16-2010, 08:03 PM #16
k0m0d0

Quote:
Hows it going?
just got the screws late last week...might have them done as early as tomorrow, but could be as late as early next week...we're really busy at work, and I have to wait for a machine to open up...

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-17-2010, 07:28 PM #17
k0m0d0

minor set-back...turns out I'm an idiot...ordered the wrong size set-screws...needed 4-48 x 1/2" long...but because I went about things backwards (tried measuring the threads on the messed up screw PBKing sent me) I ordered M3 x 12mm long screws...obviously these won't work, and I have placed an order for the correct screws...hopefully they'll be here by the end of the week

quick question, why can't paintball companies use thread sizes you can just get off the shelf at your local hardware store?!?!

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-19-2010, 01:51 AM #18
dmginc308
tinkerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by k0m0d0 View Post
quick question, why can't paintball companies use thread sizes you can just get off the shelf at your local hardware store?!?!
I know right? Of course, if evil had designed the valve so as to not even use a screw...
Old 08-19-2010, 06:49 AM #19
pbking316
Evil Wins

plays in the NXL
once you get the 2.0 screws made i'll send you one of the older style screws if you wanna make some. im using my origional omen with 1.5 board as my primary gat now. everybody at the field thinks its some kinda cocker lol

i don't know if the threads are the same i know the screws are deffinitly different. the older one is just sharpened to a fine point. Almost every omen around is broken due to these damn screws.
Old 08-20-2010, 02:31 AM #20
k0m0d0

slight hold-up on the screws being ordered...rather than pay $10 to ship 25 little screws, I'm going to piggy-back them when we order from McMaster here at the shop, to keep costs down (still kicking myself for ordering the wrong ones the first time )

also, does anyone know if they have to be as long as the original? or if they are shorter, but still have the same feature on the end will they still work? I pulled the valve out of mine, and it looks like a shorter one would work fine...although it may be a case of needing to be that long to go thru the side of the body (although the hole in the body isn't threaded and is just for clearance)...thoughts?

I can also cut the cost of the screws by 75% if I order regular steel screws, instead of stainless (I know...stainless is probably better )

PBN BST Forums:

Old 08-23-2010, 08:31 PM #21
dmginc308
tinkerer

I'll order a couple old-style screws once you them in