PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

ReplyRegional Ups

Old 07-12-2011, 12:58 PM #64
Chi-town Blitzkrieg
Killing Business

Chi-town Blitzkrieg will be at Fox Paintball for the Marvel vs DC mini scenario Sunday July 17, 2011.
Chi-town Blitzkrieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-13-2011, 09:39 PM #65
PYROMAN

has been a member for 10 years

Looks like this month will be a great tournament. I have had seveal new teams calling to sign up.
Lets keep this Series ALIVE!

Just a few more days before this Comic Book Adventure COMES ALIVE!! Break out those tights, throw on that cape, its SUPERHERO TIME!
Il longest running Young Guns Tournament Series
WWW.SPLATTERZONEPAINTBALL.NET
Xtreme Fantasy Role Playing Games

Last edited by PYROMAN : 07-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.
PYROMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 10:03 PM #66
Gremulatron
Gremlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYROMAN View Post

Just a few more days before this Comic Book Adventure COMES ALIVE!! Break out those tights, throw on that cape, its SUPERHERO TIME!
Make sure to make it out to Fox for this game! You will NEVER be disappointed by a free SPP scenario

Sponsored by:
Bob Long Technologies//Ninja Paintball
Gremulatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2011, 07:36 PM #67
pvllpbshooter

pvllpbshooter owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
pvllpbshooter plays in the APPA D5 division
I've never heard of this paintball you speak of

Paintball aint what it used to be

0Gr3 V2.0 Beta tested
pvllpbshooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 02:12 PM #68
WantonKilla
WantonKilla

A few buddies and myself have been to Fox a few times for scenarios. But we're looking for good speedball games. If another guy and I come out on a Sunday, what are the odds that there will be a pickup game on the XBall or Supair fields that we can join? Do teams let walk-ons play with them? Or will there be enough walk-ons to get something going?
WantonKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 05:10 PM #69
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonKilla View Post
A few buddies and myself have been to Fox a few times for scenarios. But we're looking for good speedball games. If another guy and I come out on a Sunday, what are the odds that there will be a pickup game on the XBall or Supair fields that we can join? Do teams let walk-ons play with them? Or will there be enough walk-ons to get something going?
Fox will be running Speedball from 10:45am to 11:45am, then we have all Open Game players participate in the 3 hour MINI Scenario until 3pm. Then Open Game woodsball and speedball is back on from 3-5pm.
Most teams that come out are there for Team Practice. Some teams may let you jump on, but you will need a Team Practice wristband to join them. Most teams have set times and dates for team tryouts.

Id suggest try to play Open Game speedball, and then jump in on Team Practice if they let you. If not, try the MINI Scenario from Noon to 3pm.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:22 PM #70
DBShellshocked

also, you can collect players in open game speedball who are also lone wolves for the day and make a 5 man squad and then go run over with the teams (kind of like what ray said)! We're there a lot of times (not this weekend unfortunately, but def. next weekend and then again for YG weekend) and we'd be happy to let you in to run some scrims, or if we have enough bodies for you to hop in on one of our lines!
DBShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 09:19 PM #71
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBShellshocked View Post
also, you can collect players in open game speedball who are also lone wolves for the day and make a 5 man squad and then go run over with the teams (kind of like what ray said)! We're there a lot of times (not this weekend unfortunately, but def. next weekend and then again for YG weekend) and we'd be happy to let you in to run some scrims, or if we have enough bodies for you to hop in on one of our lines!
Well, actually no. We discourage Open Game players from playing in Team Practice. Team Practice is intended for actual teams or players trying out for a team. Open Game Speedball is just that, for Open Game/newer players.
Theres a big difference from playing Speedball and playing Team Practice (Guns, ROF, modes, experience). Lets let the Team guys beat up on each other, not on customers that we want back at the field.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:50 PM #72
ybekool

ybekool plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ybekool owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ybekool supports Team VICIOUS
ybekool plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Well, actually no. We discourage Open Game players from playing in Team Practice. Team Practice is intended for actual teams or players trying out for a team. Open Game Speedball is just that, for Open Game/newer players.
Theres a big difference from playing Speedball and playing Team Practice (Guns, ROF, modes, experience). Lets let the Team guys beat up on each other, not on customers that we want back at the field.
Return Customers is always a good thing. If you are semi experienced and are playing team practice (which you may do WITHOUT a group) you will see a lot of really nice people who will help you out and let you play some games. if your newer Like the above said i would go to open game speedball and work your way up. Vicious Bunnys Will help you out whenever we are up there. feel free to flag down me (Steven Schellhorn The Captain or shoot me a pm) and i would love to watch a game and give you some pointers.

Also Rays Free Scenarios are AWESOME! I dont play woods ball often and i had a blast down at the Fear Factor Event that they held. Plus we won a chair which is pretty sweet.
ybekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 08:38 AM #73
DBShellshocked

sorry ray, i should have clarified. I never abuse/pick on people other than my teammates lol, even when I go out in the woods i turn my marker down to 8 bps (when I'm not using a pump) just to put myself at a bigger disadvantage and make it more fun. I was meaning more along the lines of players like "us" who play speedball competitively but may not have a team for the day (the ones that know what they're getting into). Seems to be a lot more experienced players in the woods this year, from just a when I see em' out there perspective.

Obviously if you're a newer player, playing against competitive teams may not be your cup of tea. Especially when you see some of the NASTY bruises we come out with.

ps- when are we gonna get to scrim with you VB guys?

Last edited by DBShellshocked : 07-16-2011 at 08:43 AM.
DBShellshocked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 03:18 PM #74
WantonKilla
WantonKilla

Alright, thanks for all the help guys. It sounds like Sundays are the days where we can come out and have some fun on the speedball fields without getting bunkered by the pros every game. I'll shoot a few texts around and we'll come out on one of these upcoming weekends. Is there a particular Sunday I should be out there? Or are pretty much any of them good?
WantonKilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 06:11 PM #75
ybekool

ybekool plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
ybekool owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
ybekool supports Team VICIOUS
ybekool plays in the APPA D4 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBShellshocked View Post
ps- when are we gonna get to scrim with you VB guys?
Whenever you send me a message and or visit our facebook page (Facebook.com/ViciousBunnysPB) and post there either one should get you a scrim when we can make time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonKilla View Post
Alright, thanks for all the help guys. It sounds like Sundays are the days where we can come out and have some fun on the speedball fields without getting bunkered by the pros every game. I'll shoot a few texts around and we'll come out on one of these upcoming weekends. Is there a particular Sunday I should be out there? Or are pretty much any of them good?
Haven't had a single bad Sunday in the 2 years i have been going to fox (on Sundays only)
ybekool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:20 PM #76
worrcokr

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvllpbshooter View Post
I've never heard of this paintball you speak of
I'm sorry....WHO are you??

Iron like a LION in ZION
worrcokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 09:45 PM #77
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrcokr View Post
I'm sorry....WHO are you??
Im sorry... WHAT are you? LOL
Old 07-18-2011, 11:50 AM #78
NR_Predator

Pyroman,
Thank you for the weight-loss clinic/scenario event at the field this past Sunday!! Hot like heck but it was yet another great time!! Oh, will you be adding air conditioning to the fields for next season??
NR_Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 03:50 PM #79
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by NR_Predator View Post
Pyroman,
Thank you for the weight-loss clinic/scenario event at the field this past Sunday!! Hot like heck but it was yet another great time!! Oh, will you be adding air conditioning to the fields for next season??
Ya, so sorry about that heat. I know I should have made a call or two to get the field cooler. Just remember me in February as ill be out at the field, in the freezing cold, plowing snow, Reffing games, up hill, both ways.

And I cant remember, did you win something at the MINI Scenario, MARVEL Vs DC COMICS, last Sunday? Wasnt there some sort of costume contest that TIPPMANN gave out a really nice prize for?
Im getting old, you'll have to refresh my memmory.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:34 AM #80
NR_Predator

Quote:
Ya, so sorry about that heat. I know I should have made a call or two to get the field cooler. Just remember me in February as ill be out at the field, in the freezing cold, plowing snow, Reffing games, up hill, both ways.

And I cant remember, did you win something at the MINI Scenario, MARVEL Vs DC COMICS, last Sunday? Wasnt there some sort of costume contest that TIPPMANN gave out a really nice prize for?
Im getting old, you'll have to refresh my memmory.
Oh yes I did!! Another great give away and I actually won!! Certainly didn’t suck! Oh I know you’re there all year and do all that you do. I hope you know some of us know and appreciate that too! Even with mother nature making things rougher you fight the fight and every event is one to remember! Just one reason I come back Pyroman!! Oh, you constantly giving away your blue balls helps too!
NR_Predator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 08:50 AM #81
PYROMAN

Just so everyone knows, NR_Predator from team DOWN N DIRTY won the MARVEL Vs DC COMICS Costume Contest on 7/18. He had a very cool COMEDIAN Costume (Even though he's not funny at all), and he was picked by three non partial Judges.
TIPPMANN sent us a very nice A-5 as a prize just for the Costume Contest at this event. Fox and SPP also gave away several other prizes as well, however, the biggest prize to us was seeing everyone out there playing as they were trying to beat the heat on that VERY hot day.
We had over 125 players out there for the MINI, and the heat index was over 100 degrees. KUDOS to those players that stuck it out till the end!

Pics will be posted on the Fox site soon.
Old 07-19-2011, 01:02 PM #82
PYROMAN

Teams signed up for the July event listed below.
We have had ALOT of calls on this event, so lets see some teams commit.

OUTSIDERS
CHICAGO UNDERGROUND KIDS
BLUES CLUES
Illinois LARGEST Traveling Scenario Promotions Company
Old 07-19-2011, 08:37 PM #83
worrcokr

Quote:
Im sorry... WHAT are you? LOL
HAHA....You big jerk.....

Iron like a LION in ZION
worrcokr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 PM #84
PYROMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by worrcokr View Post
HAHA....You big jerk.....
Hey, theres that FAIR WEATHER PLAYER! AAAAAAawwwwwwwwwwwwww, its to HOT to play paintball today, LOL.
What happened, you were out there for like an hour, then went home to dip in the pool? We have the river right there for ya.
ReplyRegional Ups