Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 PM #1177
things2auction
Your AD here - $5

has been a member for 10 years
things2auction plays in the PSP
things2auction plays in the APPA D5 division
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbhornet08 View Post
for sure man. i mean nppl is in my oppenion how good you really are. because in a psp event everyone just shoots paint and thats it. and your going to get hit. but nppl man its playing wit your opponents mind just like a chest game ya know. its really disapointing to see the nppl go bankrupt.
Quote:
psp man its just paint thats it everyone shoots it their is rarly snaps and games are over in two min. really. i mean nppl was the **** because you play and idk to me its just way better to play simi then it is to play psp. i dont think you get better playing psp more so if you play nppl. and thats were i believe true talent is.

Have you ever played X-Ball?
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-02-2008, 11:31 PM #1178
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
psp man its just paint thats it everyone shoots it their is rarly snaps and games are over in two min. really. i mean nppl was the **** because you play and idk to me its just way better to play simi then it is to play psp. i dont think you get better playing psp more so if you play nppl. and thats were i believe true talent is.
have you ever seen or played an xball format? wtf
you're a tool
Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 PM #1179
kai83
Mega Moderator

kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
Annd... drift to NPPL v PSP

Lets not do this here...
Old 12-02-2008, 11:34 PM #1180
sk760

sk760 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
sk760 plays in the APPA D5 division
sk760 supports DLX Technology
you may have already seen this on pbreserve

As reported on earlier via VFTD, Dave Youngblood (DYE), Lane Wright (PSP) and Rob Staudinger (Paintball Central), among others, are meeting in Las Vegas to discuss the PSP 2009 season. Prior to this mornings announcement (NPPL/Pacific Paintball LLC. throw in the towel), major discussions were to begin in the PSP camp regarding the often dreamed upon “one league” (one format, one brand, one league).

With the NPPL filing chapter 7 and liquidating its paintball holdings, Lane and Co. will be focusing on how they plan to weather the economic downturn (recession, depression, call it how you see it).

Ideas being tossed around include ending the NXL (as mentioned previously on PBR) and replacing it with professional and semi-professional divisions, increasing the ties with regional series (AXBL, CFOA, etc.) and patching up the relationship between the PSP and Millenium series. With that said, it should be noted that the NXL has been financed for a long time by Smart Parts and they will not be too happy about “putting that dog to rest”.

On the subject of brand names, rumors are circulating that the PSP is looking for a new series name that they can better brand on the industry. Apparently Procaps holding the X-ball trademark hasn’t helped the organization “expand” into new mediums and they will be looking for a new brand name. With that being said, word on the street is Smart Parts will be bidding fiercely for the rights to the NPPL brand name.

2009 could very well be the year we see an NPPL branded Xball format.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:36 PM #1181
PaInTbAlLeR91
Witty User Title

****. Don't turn this into a "Which is the better format" pissing match. It will not ****ing end well.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:39 PM #1182
ysiwpaintball
Ron

ysiwpaintball plays in the PSP
ysiwpaintball donated to help Peyton Trent
ysiwpaintball supports Team VICIOUS
ysiwpaintball plays in the APPA D5 division
alot more people for psp

LUXE

"Originally posted by licence_to_kill: plant meth in his car and call the cops"

"If your not going to stand behind our troops, stand in front of them"
Old 12-02-2008, 11:48 PM #1183
ItsAPandemic

57 pages of nppl vs psp haha what a waste. First post sums it up, they're bankrupt.
Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 PM #1184
P4IN7 B4LLS
FARSIDE KIDS // HELLCATS

P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the USPL
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the PSP
P4IN7 B4LLS is an NCPA player
P4IN7 B4LLS plays in the APPA D4 division
going back on topic...

before the nppl/psp split in 2003, the nppl was the one league that everyone played. so why is it such a big deal that paintball has found its way back to having one league? nobody complained before the split that there was a "monopoly". all of a sudden now that one of them is gone, people are freaking out over the idea that there is only one series to play in... well for the YEARS that the nppl was the only pro league from the 1990's through 2002, it seemed to work out fine for everybody. so lets embrace it.

i hope the psp buys the nppl name and makes it their own. bring tournament paintball back to its roots, with the name that has been the face of professional paintball since its inception.

FEEDBACK / 100% Positive
Old 12-02-2008, 11:50 PM #1185
TheSundanceKid
Dies Irae

^agreed. Millenium > NPPL+PSP

Last edited by TheSundanceKid : 12-02-2008 at 11:51 PM. Reason: .
Old 12-02-2008, 11:52 PM #1186
BlackMagic2638
-Mikey2Shot-

BlackMagic2638 plays in the USPL
BlackMagic2638 plays in the PSP
BlackMagic2638 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by killawat2 View Post
DSSPAINTBALL/Vicious goes to San Diego in the highest division they are allowed to play. Not once did they practice the field layouts or even play 7 man. They even had some guys from their D3 team play SD. They have been soley a PSP team. They place 2nd in their first NPPL in Semi Pro. Shows what playing PSP and hard work can lead to.
Best post in here
Old 12-02-2008, 11:57 PM #1187
kai83
Mega Moderator

kai83 is a Mega Moderator
kai83 is a Supporting Member
kai83 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
kai83 is Immortal
This is not a vs thread !

This debate can go on forever; and its fine if you’d like to have it (it really comes down to: “To each his own”) feel free to carry it on intelligently, but in the right place...

I hate to do this; but from this point on, OT posts will be removed w/o further explanation.

Thanks
Old 12-03-2008, 12:07 AM #1188
tptskater900
RIP EAS

tptskater900 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
tptskater900 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tptskater900 supports Ninja Paintball
i am legit scared
Old 12-03-2008, 12:44 AM #1189
SCS Paintball

NPPL Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Word? View Post
Finally, NPPL is dead
Be careful what you wish for!
Old 12-03-2008, 12:52 AM #1190
Destroyka_CK

Destroyka_CK is a Professional paintball player
Destroyka_CK plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Destroyka_CK plays in the APPA D1 division
Destroyka_CK supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by P4IN7 B4LLS View Post

i hope the psp buys the nppl name and makes it their own. bring tournament paintball back to its roots, with the name that has been the face of professional paintball since its inception.

word

Old 12-03-2008, 01:32 AM #1191
e_friccero
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

e_friccero is a Paintball photographer
e_friccero is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
e_friccero is Legendary
e_friccero is Boss
e_friccero is Immortal
hmm im going to be interested to see how many teams decide to play/try to play Millinium
Old 12-03-2008, 01:35 AM #1192
Be a Man

Well, it's about time the carnival has fallen by the side so now the actual sport can progress. People should read the writing on the wall. PSP has grown and improved while NPPL, obviously has not. If you folks who play tourney paintball ever really want to see this as a professional sport you really should embrace this transition as a step forward in the sport. You can look back over the history of almost every other major sport and see that this scenario is a very common one. Some of you may be upset but if you are forward thinking people you will certainly see the benefit of this transition that is occurring now. Keep in mind that this a "transition" in the sport as a whole and not just an issue for the players that play one league or the other.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:20 AM #1193
kazkid8
whereistodd.com

plays in the NXL
kazkid8 plays in the APPA D4 division
kazkid8 supports Shocker RSX
Quote:
Originally Posted by WarpedGreg View Post
in my mind the best thing for the sport would be for an AXBL style conferences and play be for tournaments. you play an actual season and whatnot but every month would only have to drive a short distance to play a few teams and get your seeding points up. the conferences would be like South East, North East, South West, Etc...

Pros would play in one of each of the regions. they would be the only true travelers around the states and it could be something cool to invite friends to go watch the pro games playing after your games or before your games that day.

a nation championship would be between the top seeded teams in the conferences. this then would constitute who truely is the best in the nation that year. the other teams that didn't make it would have a chance to win a cash prize but would be a round-robin style like Cup does for all teams but will not mean as much and will not be as much money as the National champs games.

just my 2cents but i think paintball would be viewed alot better this way. as well, people can understand xball a bit quicker than 7man. sorry, but even i get confused sometimes and i've been playing paintball for about 8 to 9 years! .

oh, an example for the driving would be like for me, an event in south florida, central florida, north florida, georgia, and maybe south carolina. all in a 5 month period. everybody has the same style of jersey but different logos and sponsors (like the AXBL, nobody is playin in longsleeves). sponsors can be on loaders, guns, masks, pants, pack, stickers on whatever and whatnot. keep Xball real and have the two 16 min. halves. ask anybody in the AXBL and they'll tell you it's actually cheaper, with the exception of the franchise purchase, to play a season of AXBL than play one or two events of PSP.

don't get me wrong, I love the PSP and all that it does and i believe xball is true paintball, but the AXBL has it all right in my mind for paintball and its' future.

edit: oh and people arguing with Chris Raehl should probably stop, he'll make you look stupid. he knows alot more than you all do most likely and has alot more insight on what actually happens at events
I agree with this perfectly... and have been saying it since the AXBL was the NYXL...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnd_baller View Post
The general consensus is that leagues need to have regional divisions. Take the CXBL/AXBL for example, best run series I have ever played in, and im sure they are making profits well above expectations.

Regional divisions would not only promote local teams to play , thus more participation, but the opportunity for national events as stated.

Professional Paintball Circuit (Amalgamation Of Psp/Nppl?)

I did this in about 2 minutes.

But this IS what we need.
agreed

Quote:
Originally Posted by plastic View Post
It's unfortunate how many people will skim past/through this, and refuse to face reality.

Pacific Paintball and its subsidiaries, as we know it, are dead. There will be no 2009 NPPL season.

... And, in my opinion, it will result in the overall betterment of the sport.
qft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan UK Refs View Post
I would like to propose a toast to Pure Promotions, and more recently Pacific Paintball, for what they achieved with the NPPL.

Thanks for the memories, guys.

*clink* cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by swilhelm View Post
You obviously haven't met all the franchise owners that have already paid their deposit...there's enough owners where the league's sold out. You must not know alot of people

Also, try doing some math. Or, if you are unable to, I can do the math for you to show you that playing in the AXBL is cheaper that just about any other league. And if you've ever played, you will also see all that money reinvested back into the events & the players.

Now, back to the topic. I think this only strengthens the PSP, and hopefully will create a single league that can some how figure out how to produce a true nationwide format. I'm obviously a fan of the regional events, and I think they're the best format for paintball.

My 2 cents.
This is how I think tournament paintball will grow the best and become what we all want it to be... mainstream... or atleast stable.

on another note:

Everyone needs to relax. All in all this is a good thing for tournament paintball. It's what we need. One league for the struggling industry to focus on. Professional and Divisional teams alike will no longer have to split their time and money between two leagues. The reason professional teams dropped out of the PSP for the NPPL, or the NPPL for the PSP, was because they couldn't afford to play in BOTH...so they had to choose.

Same thing goes with Industry sponsors and the vendors at events. What company expects to be able to travel to 10-11 events a year and turn a profit? Just like teams, these companies had to choose which league to support. That, or show up to the five most popular events between the two leagues. Leaving certain regions out of the picture if they commonly have low attendance (like the NEO).

With that simple idea being said, one league will change that. The PSP now has the opportunity to expand in several different ways. They can change up the format accommodate the new teams that are bound to come in(not very likely). They also have the chance to increase the number of events they can have in a season like they attempted before, but this time without the pinch of another national entity on it's back. So I wouldn't be surprised if you see a 6th event in 09. The room is now there both financially and time wise.

And now the even more obvious: Lets just hope this means we finally have a STANDARD format. One that is easily accepted by the public eye. I know that my family and friends understand XBall much easier than 7man. With possibly double the soup being poured into the same pot to boil... who knows how many more mouths we can feed! If handled properly, I think this can be the stepping stool tournament paintball really needs!

Now I do want to say this: I loved 7man, I sure am going to miss it... but I know people that are still saying the same thing about 10man. Every mainstream sport that is out there had different formats and had to grow and change. Paintball is going to do the same thing before it ever gets recognized in the way people want it to be. Has anyone ever seen the movie "leather heads"? I just watched it a couple nights ago and it made me think about the changes tournament paintball has to make before it goes mainstream and fills stadiums and tv channels. In the meantime... why don't we all just play paintball and enjoy the ride. Do whatever it takes to keep playing, and paintball will never die.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:48 AM #1194
KGsauce
KG

KGsauce plays in the PSP
KGsauce plays in the APPA D4 division
he has put my ideas into words ^^^
Old 12-03-2008, 03:18 AM #1195
LongBeachMafioso
Filipino=Good paintballer

WOW this automatically means pound for pound that...

THE IRONMEN IS THE BEST PAINTBALL TEAM IN THE WORLD!

If you haven't played Xball don't speak on it. If you haven't played 7man don't speak on it. IF you've played both then you know the strengths and weaknesses of both and you already built feelings of which format you will be drawn to more. I love 7man and Xball because each one has something to bring to the table. A certain amount and type of skills are needed for both. All this fighting about which one is better...people have set opinions that you can't change! Cause if you like getting head more than ****ing a chick, what am I suppose to do to change that.

No matter what format I'm going to keep on playing paintball. I love this sport and my life would suck without paintball. It's my passion it's what I put a lot of my blood, sweat, and tears into. Even if paintball never makes it to the mainstream 15-16 million people in this world will still be playing it. 5man or 7man I don't care the game keeps going. Let the politics of paintball go into play and by all means let's keep doing what we're doing playing, supporting, competing, etc . Just like this horrible economy we still strive to survive for another day. And we always hope for the best.
LBC Paintballer #1
PINOYBALLASOCIETY
Feedback

CHRiSKREW
ORANGE COUTY HEROICSpaintball.com
TIME 2 PAINTBALL 12236 South St. Artesia, CA 90701

Last edited by LongBeachMafioso : 12-03-2008 at 05:33 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 12-03-2008, 05:16 AM #1196
kubi

i just can say , really bad news for paintball. Hope some1 or some companies fix that.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:47 AM #1197
wonderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by killawat2 View Post
DSSPAINTBALL/Vicious goes to San Diego in the highest division they are allowed to play. Not once did they practice the field layouts or even play 7 man. They even had some guys from their D3 team play SD. They have been soley a PSP team. They place 2nd in their first NPPL in Semi Pro. Shows what playing PSP and hard work can lead to.
Not to belittle their accomplishment but.....there were only 11 semi-pro teams in SD....they made it into the semis with a 2/5 record......that wouldn't get you in....any other event.