Community Focus

Old 09-04-2013, 10:27 AM #1
fancyfingers
N.O.V.A

fancyfingers is playing at Living Legends III
fancyfingers is playing at Living Legends V
fancyfingers owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
fancyfingers is for the Gunfight
So I got my hands on this, anyone have good ideas for it?

Some of you nationeers may have herd of an up and coming company called Stark Pursuit. They have developed the zeta mag for the Tipx, well when I was down at the Invasion of Normandy at Skirmish USA. I was talking to the guys from stark and they had this peculiar phantom on the wall of their tent, I introduce to you, The Menace.

So I immediatly had to have it, I love my phantom and this just seemed awesome. Yes it was hot off the 3-D printer just in time for ION but still an awesome prototype none the less.

Well I got to talking with Scott at stark and at a local big game at Fields of Fire in CT, we met up and he let me borrow the menace for a little while. I use it on my vsc setup (which is quite easier than the drop out, and I think it looks cooler)

He had embedded springs to hold the mag in but those were too weak thus the rubber bands. I know they are ugly but since I am only a beta tester, it works. But now I am reaching out for help on here to see what you guys think. You can take the springs out of the mag and it still functions as a stock class rock n cock, or if you just like limited paint like I do, leave them in.

Scott gave me free rain to modify The Phantom Menace (pun intended) so I am curious as to what the nation can come up with, I'm working on fitting a rail on top of it and we haven't come to a price point yet just in case you were gong to ask.

my worst was 38 confirmed welts in less than 8 seconds at EMR Castle Conquest 16. Got back-doored in a building by 2 chumps that obviously didn't feel I would understand being out after the 3rd or 4th paintball. There was so much blood sticking me to my clothes, my jersey had to be soaked with a hose before I could take it off.

Always Buying Cool Stuff. PM me
fancyfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-04-2013, 02:25 PM #2
Oldandsneaky
What's a 12ie?

Oldandsneaky has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Oldandsneaky supports Ninja Paintball
Well..... Not really my thing,, but maybe someone else would use it.

I think it goes against the minimalist design of the Phantom. You can get a lot of ten round tubes for the price of a spare mag.
"Some people feel the rain. Others just get wet." Bob Marley
Oldandsneaky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 05:53 PM #3
fancyfingers
N.O.V.A

Thanks for the reply but I was asking for modification ideas, not why it's bad/not cost effective/not worth it, thank you.

my worst was 38 confirmed welts in less than 8 seconds at EMR Castle Conquest 16. Got back-doored in a building by 2 chumps that obviously didn't feel I would understand being out after the 3rd or 4th paintball. There was so much blood sticking me to my clothes, my jersey had to be soaked with a hose before I could take it off.

Old 09-04-2013, 06:00 PM #4
Sogamember666
This is not an Exit

has been a member for 10 years
Sogamember666 supports Team VICIOUS
Sogamember666 supports Bob Gurnsey
Sogamember666 supports our troops
Sogamember666 is Legendary
The only thing I could think of, is what you already said, is mill a rail on top.

Other than that no clue. I've seen this on McB. Neat idea. Allows Phantoms to be used in mag only games.

Maybe a modified top tube to allow FS rounds? But I don't see how it can be done.
Sogamember666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:32 PM #5
fancyfingers
N.O.V.A

The zeta mags can feed first strike rounds for the tipx but not yet for the menace, maybe if you loaded them vertically and hoped that it loads straight.

Last edited by fancyfingers : 09-05-2013 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-04-2013, 10:59 PM #6
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
You can make FS rounds do a 90 degree turn, but you'd have to position the mag out the front since they like to make the turn with the noses of the rounds towards the curve...

However, the breach drop bolt of the phantom is NOT well suited for FS rounds. You'd be quite likely to snag on the skirt of the round above the one you are feeding. This is an issue with a lot of the new mag fed semi's, and they just have slightly too big of bolts.

Best to leave the dreams of First Strike sniper shots to the bore drop pumps.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2013, 10:33 PM #7
Edd_The_Pumper
The Special Edd

Edd_The_Pumper has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Edd_The_Pumper has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Edd_The_Pumper is attending Decay of Nations VII
Looks cool. Now youll be able to get into mag fed only games with your phantom lol.
Edd_The_Pumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2013, 12:51 PM #8
tarrguy57
Weird Gun Hoader

tarrguy57 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tarrguy57 is an NCPA player
tarrguy57 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
tarrguy57 supports Ninja Paintball
Not a huge fan of it but it is cool to see innovation. could add a laser to the magwell internally so it comes out above the barrel. Definitely add a rail up top for a ghost ring site from CCI or whatever site people want to use.
tarrguy57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2013, 10:10 AM #9
Mr Idiot Box
Stock Classy

Mr Idiot Box plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd_The_Pumper View Post
Looks cool. Now youll be able to get into mag fed only games with your phantom lol.
Yeah thats about the only advantage I see with having one. Even tho most places will let you rock stock class pump for mag games anyway. 10 round tubes are a lot cheeper and faster to load. I guess it would be cool if you had a bunch of these sitting around for another setup. But seems to me like over priced and over engineered for a phantom. Paintball Gateways New freak bored barrel seem like a better investment for phantom owners.
Mr Idiot Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2013, 04:27 PM #10
Ghilliesuitguy

Even though it may not be practical it's still really cool to see a company develop products for pumps in a world filled with electros!
Old 09-20-2013, 02:17 PM #11
Lurch_man
Sawdust is man glitter

Lurch_man is playing at Living Legends IX
Lurch_man is playing at Living Legends X
Lurch_man posts videos on PbNation
looks neat, would like to see a shooting video...so is it a detachable mag? so you'd carry extra mags instead of extra 10 round tubes? interesting.
Lurch_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 01:01 AM #12
fancyfingers
N.O.V.A

Sorry guys work has been hell and I have kind of neglected/forgot about this. She shoots just like a normal phantom but the spring feed enables effective autotriggering and you can keep your marker on target. I have 4 zeta mags, I carry 1 in the phantom and 2 in my modified harness, plus 10, 10 rnd tubes to reload my mags between games. If anybody wants one let me know, stark and I are working on them.

Last edited by fancyfingers : 10-01-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2013, 04:01 PM #13
ElJefe13

ElJefe13 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
ElJefe13 supports Ninja Paintball
ElJefe13 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by fancyfingers View Post
Sorry guys work has been hell and I have kind of neglected/forgot about this. She shoots just like a normal phantom but the spring feed enables effective autotriggering and you can keep your marker on target. I have 4 zeta mags, I carry 1 in the phantom and 2 in my modified harness, plus 10, 10 rdn tubes to reload my mags between games. If anybody wants one let me know, stark and I are working on them.
I'd be really interested. Just wondering whereabouts the price would be?
ElJefe13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 09:56 PM #14
fancyfingers
N.O.V.A

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJefe13 View Post
I'd be really interested. Just wondering whereabouts the price would be?
I'll do my best to find that out for you and anyone else who is interested.

Old 02-06-2014, 03:29 PM #15
seraphenslaved

*opens the necronomicon to page 48* yes I'm digging up this thread. I've been trying to get in touch with someone from Stark about this but no reply. Any more word on it or available copies? As stated by someone else above, I want it solely for the magfed only games that are starting to leave out stock class players like me
seraphenslaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:34 PM #16
AngelEmthusiest916
Angel and SP #1 fan!

AngelEmthusiest916 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
This is neat. Need to have a barrel kit or something though because balls roll out of mine as it is (non spring loaded) but I like the idea of reliable feeding (not a fan of rock cocks)

Plus mags are just sweet. 10 round tubes are for Nelspots.
AngelEmthusiest916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 03:45 PM #17
seraphenslaved

Ive had good luck with my cci detent rings for rollouts and I prefer rock and cock. Now that magfed is gaining in popularity though the old magfed games that were actually limited ammo are dropping off and theres more magfed specific games now. My SAS chapter is mostly magfed while my primary is a VSC phantom. Hence my interest in this
seraphenslaved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 06:11 PM #18
Turbo21

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

has a very interesting and simple adapter
Turbo21 is offline   Reply With Quote