Find fields and stores
Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 12-22-2009, 10:43 AM #22
xiongsta_00

I personally own 3 t68s gen6: 1 mag, 2 hoppers. mags, not so great if playing scenerio but for rec...oh yeah. helps you on aim and accuracy. the low profile is nice so u dont really get that hopper hit. If you go with mag, get the 13/3000 and buttstock.
I can email you my marker setup. it aint much but you'll get the idea.
xiongsta_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 12-26-2009, 10:32 AM #23
xiongsta_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by subyrally View Post
if you are after a mag fed marker, id look at other options than rap4, my friend got the t68 and i think has maybe played one day with out it breaking or malfunctioning in some way. the magazines work great, but the gun itself needs too much work to just work properly.
what areu talking about? i only experienced 2 problems: 1. i had was a bad o-ring. easy fix and 2. shell fragments jamed up my bolt. easy fix. ive only had it for 9 months and played with it at least 15 times (1 or 2 x aonth). if ur having probs right from the start, most likely operator error.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:32 PM #24
USMC2141
Your worst nightmare

USMC2141 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Get a AGD tac one with a qloader and you'll have a great looking marker plus no hopper to get in the way
USMC2141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:56 AM #25
Furb

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC2141 View Post
Get a AGD tac one with a qloader and you'll have a great looking marker plus no hopper to get in the way
yes that's nice but qloaders have to be changed alot my bro has a tippy with one and he has to change the q loader every minute so every minute I charge and blast him up.
Old 01-21-2010, 06:31 AM #26
PB_Girl

lol.. yeah i feel sad for your brother !!
PB_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 06:04 PM #27
paintman161

has been a member for 10 years
If you want the true milsim, then mag fed is the way to go! I have always wanted to go to mag fed, but i feel the price tag on these markers is way over priced for a spyder and tippman copy! Some day i may just take the plunge and do it! Plus there are some very nice box mags that people have been building that can get you more paint on your gun, and still have no big ballon on top of you gun.

Old 02-15-2010, 09:07 AM #28
xiongsta_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintman161 View Post
If you want the true milsim, then mag fed is the way to go! I have always wanted to go to mag fed, but i feel the price tag on these markers is way over priced for a spyder and tippman copy! Some day i may just take the plunge and do it! Plus there are some very nice box mags that people have been building that can get you more paint on your gun, and still have no big ballon on top of you gun.
how is the t68 a tippman copy?
Old 02-15-2010, 10:08 AM #29
paintman161

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiongsta_00 View Post
how is the t68 a tippman copy?
That would be a spyder copy! But then again i am seriously thining of getting a Milsig mag fed marker anyways!

Old 03-01-2010, 02:19 AM #30
StReaKeR
TM-15,SP1,T8.1,Trracer

I own a T68, they look great on the field but yes they can get heavy with added stuff, I recently purchased a remote line cause im tired of the extra weight and I think im gonna get a sling as well. They are made out of mostly metal.
StReaKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:21 PM #31
MCBaseball10

Does anyone have an opinion about the magazine converters that change hopper fed to magazine fed? I was thinking about doing it and wanted to know if anyone had any experience in the matter. Thx
MCBaseball10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 10:41 PM #32
StReaKeR
TM-15,SP1,T8.1,Trracer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBaseball10 View Post
Does anyone have an opinion about the magazine converters that change hopper fed to magazine fed? I was thinking about doing it and wanted to know if anyone had any experience in the matter. Thx
The Splitfire Dual Adapter? I had it, honestly I used the mags for 1 day then never again, might as well run with a pump and a 50 round hopper instead of an 18 round mag, its ridiculous how fast the mag runs out. You cant even take a shot unless you think it has a certain chance of hitting your target, then there is the problem of the rounds popping in the magazine from the heat and tension of the spring.
StReaKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 12:48 PM #33
c-nyberg

The T68 pretty realistic but be aware that if you get one with the tank in the stock its pretty difficult to aim down the barrel.
c-nyberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2011, 10:44 PM #34
robot0ninja

if you're going mag fed, go with milsig or get an X7 phenom with the tacamo mag adapter. rap4's have a notoriously bad rep (i heard they fixed many problems in their gen6 though) but the t68s have a 1:1 ratio with the m4. but when it comes down to it, it is a $300 spyder plus the cost of mags. i believe milsig has some stuff thats really close to the real steal too though. tiberius arms is good, though they seem a little over priced to me and id buy used (i own a t9.1 ranger but am selling). i know mag fed sounds cool, but once you actually get it, its really no. unless you're running pistols, its just too much of a hassle and takes away from the game. but if you do go mag fed, i suggest buying a milsig or x7 phenom (or a5) and get a tacamo mag conversion kit for it. that way you can use milsig and rap4 mags and rap4 box mags.
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2011, 08:24 AM #35
JESTERTLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCBaseball10 View Post
Tacamo has had some issues with the first runs. But they are geting them worked out. Theres been some issues with fitment. A couple friends of mine have the kits and like them, both for the Phenom. I'm planning on getting a 98 kit myself, but I like ot wait a bit to make sure they get all the bugs worked out.
JESTERTLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2011, 12:27 PM #36
MikeC13
STATIC Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESTERTLS View Post
Tacamo has had some issues with the first runs. But they are geting them worked out. Theres been some issues with fitment.
From a realism point of view, the Tacamo kits are not very good looking. Only the Phenom kit looks somewhat properly proportioned. The A5 and 98 kits look terrible, the magazine well is way too far forward.

RAP4's mag-fed markers look much more like a real M4. Very close...

I also think a designated design platform like the T68 would function better than a kit designed to convert a conventional hopper-fed marker. I could be wrong, that's why I'm trying to read everything I can find. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much to find, there's not a whole lot of feedback available on either mag-fed markers or conversion kits.

It's starting to seem like the whole mag-fed concept is going to die out before it even gets a chance...
MikeC13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 07:06 PM #37
KurtPB
iLurk

KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VI
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends VII
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends IX
KurtPB is playing at Living Legends X
You should check these guys out. Mag-fed and not so limited on capacity.

http://www.getrealpaintball.com/
KurtPB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2011, 01:04 AM #38
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiongsta_00 View Post
what areu talking about? i only experienced 2 problems: 1. i had was a bad o-ring. easy fix and 2. shell fragments jamed up my bolt. easy fix. ive only had it for 9 months and played with it at least 15 times (1 or 2 x aonth). if ur having probs right from the start, most likely operator error.
apparently you havent heard of rap4's notoriously bad rap (no pun intended) for making markers that are constantly breaking during the first season of play. most people dont give it a second.
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:27 PM #39
xiongsta_00

Quote:
Originally Posted by robot0ninja View Post
apparently you havent heard of rap4's notoriously bad rap (no pun intended) for making markers that are constantly breaking during the first season of play. most people dont give it a second.
ive heard of it and i took the plunge as my first marker. i have been very happy with my t68s. to this day, its still working just fine with no major issues.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:02 PM #40
BigPimpin55
Repping Western Ks

BigPimpin55 is attending Decay of Nations VI
I love my Tacamo conversion kit for my Phenom. Never had any problems yet. *Knock on wood* I run it with the box mag and love not having to look over/around my hopper anymore.
Old 03-15-2012, 10:57 AM #41
DefStatic

A few things...

I have heard most of any of the issues with the T68 has been resolved with the gen7. However, I am concerned that they still sell the anti-chop pieces, both together cost almost $100. I think that is a bit unreasonable. A friend of mine will find out for sure how many issues have been resolved, as his T68 gen7 will be here today.

The .43 cal RAP4 guns are not meant for rec play. However, I think fields should allow the .43 cal pistols. If a field only allows field paint, I work out a deal with them that if they buy a small amount of RAP4 .43 cal paint, I will buy it off them plus profit.

Converting a Tippmann 98 to mag fed, flexi air with tank in buttstock, and any kit to make it look mil-sim (shroud, barrel, rail) will cost you as much if not more than just buying a mag fed marker.
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2012, 01:51 PM #42
cobray

I have the Gen7 RAP4 T68 and the Tippman 98 with the Tacamo magazine kit. I got both around Nov 2011.

I purchased 8 RAP-4 mags and only had a problem with 1 (it broke).
But the other 7 feed fine. I was having some problems at first but once you break the magazines in they work fine.

The Tippman is fine as long as you use the box mag. The mag release is too far forward and ruins the mil-sim spec of the play.

When I got my RAP4 I had some problems with it but after field-stripping it a few times eventually the marker broke in and runs fine.

I did have a problem where the sear scraped part of the hammer and caused it to sieze in the body. This was after 12,000 shots/4 months after getting it. But the hammer is not expensive so it was an easy fix. I may have had the sear adjustment too high...

I never chop balls in the Tippman. Sometimes i get a chop with the RAP4 but that is only when the box magazine is running low. I jsut got the anti-chop bolt and seems to have fixed the problem with actually chopping, so it doesnt make a mess.

One thing about it is you get 1 chop in the RAP4 and sometimes its ok, or the performance degrades or it just stops working completely.
Most of the time you can just work thru it with a squeggie but on ocassion ive had to field strip the gun and clean and re-oil it.

The RAP4 is also high maintenance...I found it runs best when you clean and oil it up the night before.

The Tippman on the other hand, I dont do anything to it but put air and paint in it and it gives me zero problems. I keep it as my backup gun in case (when) the RAP4 wants to go south for some reason. But so far the run has been running pretty good lately so i cant complain.

If you get a RAP4 I suggest getting some spare parts cause it's a pretty precision gun and easy to strip/thread things if youre not careful. But luckly most of the parts you can damage are pretty cheap and available.

The only problems ive had with the box mag is the ball detent by the motor was too tight and didn't let the balls flow and would get stuck. Bent the detent in a little and now my box mag runs like butter. Only problem is that it is made out of plastic and can break pretty easily. I was running in a field and i slipped and landed on the gun and the box mag smashed into the ground and broke all the major plastic components. So now I keep 2 box mags around, 1 for a spare.

FYI, RAP4 bought Tacamo.

Paintball is an expensive sport and RAP4 is expensive stuff, but when it runs the distinct sound of the gun and it's performance over the rental tippmans on the field is pretty awesome. Especially when I fire it full auto and the e-trigger the thing is just insane. It may not shoot as many balls per sec but it has that distinctive rat-tat-tat so everyone on the field knows when your shooting it.

EDIT:

The RAP4 is alot louder than the Tippmans, and one of its strong suits IMHO. People will know when you are shooting it, which is good and bad cause I usually get people always targeting me.
I play at Pevs in Aldie, VA and I havent seen anyone else there with a RAP4 since Ive been there (Im that crazy mil-sim guy in the tactical vest)

When I have had problems with the RAP4 I can call customer support and get someone who can actually answer my questions in under a minute. Thier tech support is top notch IMHO.

Last edited by cobray : 03-15-2012 at 01:58 PM.
cobray is offline   Reply With Quote