Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 04-07-2009, 06:27 PM #43
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by yumarattlersgirl View Post
I run a stock class marker so I averaged about 20-40 rounds per game. But on our field...not joke, people were going through about 2-4 pods...not tubes...per a game...I got away from playing semi to save money on paint. At one time I was behind the bunker and it sounded like I was playing against an ego...lol. It is all good though...we had a blast.
how could someone even possibly shoot that much

the only time i had to reload with a pod was when our games were back to back so my hopper wasnt full..

unlimited paint it the way to go, i agree with Deagle the amount of paint really didnt effect the outcome of the games.

Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-07-2009, 07:59 PM #44
talib

WOW!!
Now before I bad mouth the refs let me ask all who have bad mouthed them on this thread, HAVE YOU EVER TRIED REFFING FOR THREE HOT @## DAYS STRAIGHT??? let me tell you from experience, it is not easy, it is exhausting. As a player we are tired after six to eight games, they are on the field for upwards of SEVENTY games constantly getting shot and hearing s*&t about the calls they made. To top that off, the USPL was so damn cheap they didn't event give the ref's water on the first two days, all they had to drink was Fruit Punch Rockstars which are nasty and do nothing more than dehydrate you.
As a person who has reffed, let me tell you, the reffing was TERRIBLE. on the spyder field they started over and hour late and were playing catch-up by running games back to back. You would literally be on the field in the start gates with people still finishing up there game.
I could list numerous issues that I had and saw but that would be a waste of time as we all witnessed the bad calls made on both fields.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:20 PM #45
talib

I tried to shoot as much as I could one game and shot two pods and a hopper, My goal was three but I got shot by a guy I shot twice. he had TIDE ULTRA in his his gloves cause I checked him after the game and that area on his arm was so clean I smelt an ocean breeze (damn bouncing paint)
Old 04-07-2009, 08:32 PM #46
tater326
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Quote:
Originally Posted by D3AGL3_PBALLER View Post
I was the guy that put about 4 shots on that player, one about as early as your 40, before he ran into the other CN player. The reason the other CN player ran straight at him was that your player was in fact playing on, and on his way down the tape. I am not saying that justifies the whole them running into each other. etc. but you present it in a way that makes it seem very black and white, and it isnt. Your player got shot, multiple times, not by the player he ran into, but by me. I was at the carwash posted on the dorito-pillow gap and believe me, I DO NOT MISS SOMEONE RUNNING THRU MY ZONE! I understand why you would be upset, I am sure I would be too, but watching the game from either the dead box or from the snake (only possibilities considering the player involved was your second to last player) isnt the same as being IN THE GAME. I apologize on behalf of my team and the player involved for the whole ordeal. It happens...
well this is crazy talk.. funny thing here.. im the guy who got ran into.. playing on you say.. after that game i talked to the player who ran into me who said i was playing on as well.. which to me playing on is have a hit on you and still shooting correct.. cause if it's getting hit with a paintball that bounces off then hell.. i shot like 3 people that played on then.. cause i bounced 3 guys all day.. sucks when you shoot someone and paint bounce off them.. so i was not playing on as you are saying.. I DON'T CHEAT like your implying.. now as for the guy running into me and shoving me out that was total BS.. we made up like adults... but first off should have not happened I don't care what anyone says... and there should have been a flags and calls made on that and never was... so before you say i was hit at the 40 and was playing on you should get all the facts straight.. don't call someone a cheater... especially me.. i've been playing paintball for 3 yrs.. everyone that knows me knows i don't cheat... and that's that.. im gonna close with this.. for the guy who ran into me... wasn't cool.. but hey what happened on the field stays there.. we made up and all good now.. for the guy in the car wash who "shot" me and said i was playing on.. Don't call me a cheater unless you see the hit and point it to me.. which your players and all mine could not find a hit on me.. thanks for my team for standing up for me and yet still having fun at the event... thanks to the refs as well.. bad calls good calls no calls.. it's all good... pump suppose to be honest unlike alot of semi play.. pump is a tighter nit group of players... so lets try to keep it that way...

thanks for reading...
Old 04-07-2009, 08:48 PM #47
Ryn_Droma

Quote:
Originally Posted by talib View Post
WOW!!
Now before I bad mouth the refs let me ask all who have bad mouthed them on this thread, HAVE YOU EVER TRIED REFFING FOR THREE HOT @## DAYS STRAIGHT??? let me tell you from experience, it is not easy, it is exhausting. As a player we are tired after six to eight games, they are on the field for upwards of SEVENTY games constantly getting shot and hearing s*&t about the calls they made. To top that off, the USPL was so damn cheap they didn't event give the ref's water on the first two days, all they had to drink was Fruit Punch Rockstars which are nasty and do nothing more than dehydrate you.
As a person who has reffed, let me tell you, the reffing was TERRIBLE. on the spyder field they started over and hour late and were playing catch-up by running games back to back. You would literally be on the field in the start gates with people still finishing up there game.
I could list numerous issues that I had and saw but that would be a waste of time as we all witnessed the bad calls made on both fields.
they gave out rockstars but they were too cheap to provide water...
I'm just going to let that hang for the absurdity of the statement.

You are the second or third person in this thread to say the refs have it hard and its a difficult job, etc etc. Pardon me for being blunt, but that is absolute bull ****. If you are being paid to do a job, you do it. It's that damn simple. If you can't cut it, GTFO. People all over the world manage to work 8, 10, 12 hour days, some longer than that, and they manage to do their job.

Here's a free tip, if on day 1 your job didn't provide you with water, on day two you should have brought your own.

I mean come on, not to make this personal, but I work in the reactor room on a carrier. When we go to the Arabian Gulf that space varies from 108*-130* depending on where you are. You know what we do? We chug water and suck it up because we are being PAID to keep a reactor running. Now if I started doing a ****ty job and lead to a failure there, do you think an acceptable excuse should be "you don't know how hard my job is"? or "it was really hot and you didn't provide me with water"?

As far as me, I had no issues with the reffing calls. I don't think my team did either. We had a complaint on not being able to hear the 10 second count, but the refs got better at that as the day progressed. I heard the refs make some comments that I felt were inappropriate and showed how little they cared about the games they were reffing, but that's it and it was addressed by the head ref after I spoke to him.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:53 PM #48
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

FirePro84 is a Supporting Member
FirePro84 plays in the USPL
FirePro84 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
FirePro84 is reppin' sidebar 4 life
FirePro84 supports Ninja Paintball
Paragraphs chuck, lol...also, I agree with what talib said about the reffing. Reffing in the heat for 3 days does suck, and only getting offered free energy drinks that the league didnt have to pay for instead of water and food to keep them from dehydrating is sad at best...I would be very unhappy with the USPL if I was reffing and that's all they were giving us.

Even still, the reffing was horrible, and some of the situations were unacceptable. There were refs working hard all day and there were also refs doing absolutely nothing...if this new league wants to be taken seriously they first need to figure out the ref situation and use refs that KNOW what they're doing instead of D3 tourney ballers who don't care about the pump league.
- w w w . P a i n t b a l l T e k . c o m

- West Coast Boston Paintball Twister Service Center

- Official Service Center for Planet Eclipse

- Palmers Pursuit Shop Factory Tech
Old 04-07-2009, 09:49 PM #49
Weeble Wabble

Hard8Mike... someone is saying that there were two hitmen players on SMT. I thought you guys cut the big fat asian guy cuz he kept getting shot off the break going to the back center 100 and shooting his own tape players. Except for Tony. He hasn't shot Tony either playing with or against for the past 7 years.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:11 PM #50
yumarattlersgirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by talib View Post
WOW!!
Just to clarify...I am not sure if it was on this thread or another but I did give credit to the refs for being there for 3 days but if you are getting paid to be there...you should still do your job! I DO ALONG WITH MY TEAMMATES APPRECIATE WHAT REFS DO. Having no water is BS. After the 1st day, I would have taken my own water. The price is fair. $500 for 6-8 games (one day of play) is fair especially when we play the OSC for $300. We love getting to play on the beach and in a league of this magnitude. So please don't get us wrong and I am sure that I speak for everyone that played pump, we do feel that we got a little bit of a raw deal as far as the reffing goes, especially on the field that we played on but in no means would this stop us from playing this league again!!!

A special thank you to our sponsor pbwarehouse.net. The Yuma Rattlers are grateful and excited to have a new sponsor. A special thank you to Absolute Sports/Paintball Gateway/Check It Products.

pbwarehouse.net

pbgateway.com
Old 04-07-2009, 10:13 PM #51
talib

The league got Rockstars free, from Rockstar, so yeah, they were cheaper than water. Sayin that the refs should have quite is crazy, they did a poor job but stuck it out for the event. they probably wont be back for the next one, but then again who knows.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:18 PM #52
talib

I am down to play pump whenever and wherever, and would play in the USPL again if they get refs for pump that know pump, or would atleast show interest in pump and reffing a fair game. If I cant get that, I don't wanna play. 500 is a fair price for a tournament on the beach.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:26 PM #53
talib

The USPL will soon be doing ref training classes. I hope people take them, it will make you a better ref, player, and cheater, choose what you want to take it for, but just take it so we can get some good ref's on the field and ball.

cause all I wanna do is mow faces and b*^#@s
Old 04-07-2009, 11:44 PM #54
D3AGL3_PBALLER
CN's Finest

D3AGL3_PBALLER posts videos on PbNation
D3AGL3_PBALLER has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
D3AGL3_PBALLER has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
Saying that you were playing on wasnt saying OMG!!1!CH3ATER!1!. I shot you, it broke orange, I saw it, the ref that was running to pull you saw it, but you were running full speed and might not have felt it or were just too "pumped" with adrenaline. I am not saying you maliciously intended to play on, but I did put paint on you and I saw it break, and it wasnt just one hit, I put four on you, and they all broke. Otherwise, I would have kept shooting at you during the entire exchange til I saw a break. Its one of those things you learn after playing paintball for 7-8 years. You dont stop shooting til you see a ball break.

Last edited by D3AGL3_PBALLER : 04-07-2009 at 11:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2009, 12:34 AM #55
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Playing on is cheating...period...which means you accusing him of playing on is you accusing him of cheating, dont try to start another fight just for the sake of fighting. Both players stood there with a ref, both players got called out because they went out of bounds, and had a physical altercation, not necessarily because they got shot. there was no paint anywhere on our player, two refs looked at him on the field as he held up his arms and gun and didnt call him for paint, they called him for being out of bounds (didnt get a good look at your guy, but i wouldn't doubt that he was clean as well).

This is precisely the reason why i have never liked playing tournaments, everyone always thinks they're right...thats why there are refs...but in this case the refs had no idea what they were doing so crap like this happens. We dont have a problem with CN at all, we have a problem with the reffing and that the 3 or 4 refs that were on that tape side did nothing about what happened.

In the grand scheme of things, this game meant nothing i was simply pointing out the fact that what happend was complete BS. the pump tourney players i'm seeing now are acting JUST like the players and kids in the semi games, its not about the game any more its all about winning and players are doing anything they can to put another 90+ point score on their sheets. That's not what paintball is about.

Old 04-08-2009, 12:53 AM #56
tater326

Quote:
Saying that you were playing on wasnt saying OMG!!1!CH3ATER!1!. I shot you, it broke orange, I saw it, the ref that was running to pull you saw it, but you were running full speed and might not have felt it or were just too "pumped" with adrenaline. I am not saying you maliciously intended to play on, but I did put paint on you and I saw it break, and it wasnt just one hit, I put four on you, and they all broke. Otherwise, I would have kept shooting at you during the entire exchange til I saw a break. Its one of those things you learn after playing paintball for 7-8 years. You dont stop shooting til you see a ball break.
well you can say whatever man.. i had no hits on me when it was all said and done.. i felt 2 hit me in the stomach.. but still had no hit there as well.. you saw what you saw and i had no fresh hit.. i did have alot of orange paint on my jersey from previous games that day.. so maybe you thought you saw it break cause you saw orange on me.. (and saying you put 4 on me.. lol.. unlikey cause im fast like lighting and unless your shooting a semi.. your not that fast a shooter with a pump.. lol.. jk) either way.. saying playing on is calling someone a cheater.. which you did and I didn't like... and that's that.. so like I said before... Don't call me a cheater..

as for shooting til it breaks.. you don't have to play for 7 or 8 yrs to know that.. i learned that after about 1 yr of play.. I play both semi and pump tourny's. You always shoot until you see it break.. simple cause balls bounce.. which yours did..
Old 04-08-2009, 12:58 AM #57
FirePro84
Airsmith - Gun Tech

Kentucky grammar at it's finest this is why i hang out with you, LOL

Old 04-08-2009, 01:15 AM #58
FatalKitty
I has the awesome

FatalKitty is a Paintball photographer
FatalKitty donated to help Peyton Trent
FatalKitty helped look for balloons
Quote:
What the hell are you even complaining about? are you trying to defend your ******* player that ran into someone by trying to bamf about shooting someone 4 times? get over it... even if the paint did break your player is a moron for running into someone and then getting pissed at THEM and pushing them. Tater already said that your player and him were both checked by refs and were free of paint, and that they were cool, no hard feelings. The complaint was about the ref not calling correct penalties on the field cause the refs SUCKED... which is what this thread is about. There are many people here talking about how much the reffing sucked, this was just one incident of refs not making the correct call by
A) no suspension for your player for aggressive physical contact and
B) no penalty for playing on with hits, if what you are even saying is true, which I find hard to believe
Old 04-08-2009, 03:32 AM #59
tater326

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatalKitty View Post
What the hell are you even complaining about? are you trying to defend your ******* player that ran into someone by trying to bamf about shooting someone 4 times? get over it... even if the paint did break your player is a moron for running into someone and then getting pissed at THEM and pushing them. Tater already said that your player and him were both checked by refs and were free of paint, and that they were cool, no hard feelings. The complaint was about the ref not calling correct penalties on the field cause the refs SUCKED... which is what this thread is about. There are many people here talking about how much the reffing sucked, this was just one incident of refs not making the correct call by
A) no suspension for your player for aggressive physical contact and
B) no penalty for playing on with hits, if what you are even saying is true, which I find hard to believe
good point kitty.. thank you sir..
Old 04-08-2009, 09:23 AM #60
pumpchef

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumarattlersgirl View Post
Just to clarify...I am not sure if it was on this thread or another but I did give credit to the refs for being there for 3 days but if you are getting paid to be there...you should still do your job! I DO ALONG WITH MY TEAMMATES APPRECIATE WHAT REFS DO. Having no water is BS. After the 1st day, I would have taken my own water. The price is fair. $500 for 6-8 games (one day of play) is fair especially when we play the OSC for $300. We love getting to play on the beach and in a league of this magnitude. So please don't get us wrong and I am sure that I speak for everyone that played pump, we do feel that we got a little bit of a raw deal as far as the reffing goes, especially on the field that we played on but in no means would this stop us from playing this league again!!!
Exactly. Bad calls all day on our field but we still played on! We all love pump and want to keep it alive. We deal with it and hope that better refing will be done next time.
Old 04-08-2009, 11:59 AM #61
ericdreemteam

refs suck nowadays bring back the angry black man
Old 04-08-2009, 12:08 PM #62
thejudgeman66
Squidito en el Stickito

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericdreemteam View Post
refs suck nowadays bring back the angry black man
well done!

They didnt suck, in fact most of em were really good and nice. bad calls happen...the event was fun and everyone was awesome
Old 04-08-2009, 02:47 PM #63
EvilAuthorityX
PUMPER_TYLER

long story short fun tourney spyder field refs were awesome

ron killbourne is sketchy and shouldnt be allowed to ref again ever