PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 08-10-2013, 06:45 PM #22
PistolPaul2
Be Nice, Have fun

PistolPaul2 is playing at Living Legends VI
Today me and this kid were on a team with new players and they kept asking us questions so we didn't here the refs say go so we had no idea the game started until we started getting shot at and by that time it was too late to get in a bunker and shoot back.
PistolPaul2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-14-2013, 11:59 AM #23
Greenleaf88

I've got a good one first time playing woodsball.
We were a group of 12 but my buddy, my brother and I decided we were gonna stick together and go mission impossible style. I guess everyone who plays for the fist time thinks there a seal. So my buddy and brother are on top of the mountain in the forest protecting the flag in pretty good coverage behind 2 huge rocks, I was just at the bottom watching for people to flank us. About a minute later my buddy waves me over there were like 4 ppl shooting at them so I start charging up the mountain to give them some help but I thought I saw a free rock to take cover but to my surprise as I'm running up I realize there's only 2 rocks already being occupied by my teammates so is was in a sticky situation running 100 s of bullets hitting trees next to me so I become desperate, I run towards my friend who was standing up shooting I scream aaby watch out I tackle down to ground and get popped in back of the head. I will never forget the pain I had another forehead in back of my head . But I saved him

Last edited by Greenleaf88 : 08-14-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Greenleaf88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 05:23 PM #24
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

has been a member for 10 years
Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Recently, close to the last time I played paintball. I was reffing a woodsball match, I think it was because I was eliminated early. One team destroyed the other team but there was one dude left. I overheard the team that was winning who had at least 4 players left say something I heard before, "Watch out, take it slow, this guy knows what he is doing." I walk around trying to see if said dude was still in the game, and he was. There this kid had his marker completely apart as he pressed himself up against a log. He didn't call himself out like the other players on his team who abandomed him. He looked exactly like me when I was his age: scrawny with glasses, but absolutely no fear. He continued to try to rebuild his marker on the field as the four man team was surrounding him. He eliminated one dude before he was mowed down.

The next game he was on my team. He took the left side of the field, while I and three others pressed up the right. I had this path that I didn't show anyone that let me stealthily get behind the other team really fast, if I could win a few snapshooting battles. I did win those snapshooting battles and bunkered the dude ahead of me. I then won another snapshooting battle and waited for the three others to catch up. When they caught up they started to shoot at the guy in the center. While he was distracted with my team I bunkered him and then started eliminating everyone else in the back. Just as I run into a nice big trunk of a tree the backman, who taught me most of what I knew, ran for a last stand bunker before I could shoot him out. The scrawny kid on my team had him triangulated and held his position as I moved up to another tree. I told the three dudes behind me to watch out for this guy, because he is going to unleash hell. And he did. He proceeded to unload his hopper on anything and everything. Taking one guy out. I told everyone to move up while I distract him. I then moved out of my tree unloading on the old guy, he lit me up really hard, but the scrawny kid ran up and bunkered him as I was mowed down. That was the end of the game and that was the scrawny kid's last game. I wish I had a chance to talk to him, but I moved out of the area soon after. He didn't have a showy marker, I forget what it was. It looked like it was a well used tippman and all of his stuff was ragged like mine.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-14-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:21 PM #25
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
Another 100% true story (heck, I even lose in the end, but it's a fairly awesome way to lose), and this may stretch a bit long, but I think you'll enjoy it. I believe it was back in 04-05 or so, since I was using my B2K3 at the time.

It's about 12 on 12, give or take a few, two flag game, on a field they like to call "The Jungle" since the underbrush can get really thick. I'm on the Blue team. The local's usual plan is anyone brave enough charge ahead, meet the other team in the middle, and if you don't feel up that then stick back and guard the flag.

I feel like being a bit more sneaky though. I hadn't seen the far right tape on that field yet, so off the horn that's the way I sprint. Full bore until I see tape, then more until I think I hit the half way point. That's where I go quiet. No sound, no loud footsteps, just continue forward while listening to try and get an idea of what's happening in the middle of the field. I hear shots off to my left. I go low and look through the brush, I see an opponent shooting at my teammates. I'm actually about 20 yards behind him.

I raise my gun up, then change my mind. This is too perfect of an opportunity to waste. I'm past the attackers, and no one knows it. Their defenders won't be expecting anyone yet. I go real low and crawl quickly along a trail that has pretty thick brush along each side, hoping it heads toward their flag station.

After a bit I hear voices and go perfectly still. Yep, right to their flag station, and their defenders had spread out a bit and somehow I ended up right in the middle of them. I peek around a bit and count 4 of them, all looking intently down field. Perfect. I go for the easy eliminations first. Two renters off to my right. I rise up and put a ball on the side of each of their hoppers and like a ghost I'm back down. I hear "Holy crap! Hit! Where did that come from?"

Back to the remaining two. More experienced players with their own gear. They failed to guess my location from the shots and are trying to find me down range. Some double taps and they're out. I walk towards the flag and a ball whizzes past me. I look and there's one more player I didn't notice. College student I think, with a Brass Eagle Talon of all things (I can respect that). I aim at him and get rather quickly sends another ball my way, narrowly missing my mask. Ok, a Talented player with a Talon (I can REALLY respect that). I have to take cover. I end up going a bit more "spray and pray" than I like, but it gets the job done. I run over and grab the flag.

But any good woodsballer will tell you, that's only half the battle. You now have to get the flag back to your own flag station. The hard part is to not get shot by your own teammates. Now a lot of people instinctively do the same thing to try and prevent this, they head back with their gun held low, pointed down, to look less like someone advancing aggressively. So of course this is what I do.

I get almost to mid field and I hear a couple players jogging toward me. I'm getting ready to shout "Blue team, got the flag!" when I see the first player. His gun is low, pointed down, with blue flag in his hand. Time slows down. It's a proper quick draw. A hawk screeches in the distance, a tumbleweed blows past in between us, a clock tower strikes high noon.... Ok, I made those last few bits up. We quickly get our guns up and through some miracle I manage to shoot him first.

He says "Hit" and points his gun up, right as I get shot in the middle of the chest. Oh right, there were two of them. I forgot. We both toss the flags to the last remaining Red player and he runs them back to the flag station for the win, while we walk back laughing our ***** off.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:33 PM #26
Subterfuge
Arctic Wolf

Subterfuge owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
That sounded like a really fun game.

I tried to post another story, but I gave away too much tactics.

Last edited by Subterfuge : 08-16-2013 at 05:43 PM.
Subterfuge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:13 PM #27
2nwyka
A Lover and a Poet

2nwyka posts videos on PbNation
2nwyka has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
2nwyka supports Ninja Paintball
I had a story like Subterfuge's, except I wasn't reffing.
We were playing a 10 v 10 match on a fairly large field of tires, spools, and a unique trenchline. I was trying to lead my team up the left flank and rapidly overrunning the opposition, when this kid I'd talked to at the beginning of the match comes up to me with his Spyder Rodeo. The thing was, we were in this huge firefight, paint everywhere from every side, and this kid just walks slowly, straight and tall, through it unschathed. I pulled him down next to me as the top of the bunker got lit up and asked him what was wrong.
"Well, I heard you could fix stuff, and my gun isn't working." Kid, why are you doing this to me now?! Sure, I can fix guns, but maybe not in the middle of a paintstorm! I asked him what wasn't working and he showed me he was missing a frame screw and the gun was cycling uncontrollably. I had my A5 on me that day and (yes, I'm a rulebreaker) a 1/8" Allen wrench. The Tippmann A5 has a frack-ton of 10-32 screws on it, so I figured one missing for a match wouldn't hurt it, so I pulled one, handed him my gun, and started working on his. I got the screw on it, pulled the trigger and it stuttered again. Well the frame wasn't loose...I pulled out the bolt and saw it was clean and oiled. I pulled the lower tube pin and saw the spring was good, he had a spacer in there.
In the meantime, my team was furiously trying to avoid getting overrun having lost two effective guns in the fight. I had a buddy yelling at me to start shooting, so I told the kid to start firing my gun with careful instructions not to move too far because it was on a remote. So, he peeks around the corner and fires a couple times. I hear "hit" from the other side. Dang. He fires again, I hear another "hit!" from that side. Okay, that's it. I seal his gun back up, back the velocity adjuster out to halfway and pull the trigger. It cycles and holds. I shove the gun back in the kid's hand, take mine back, and snap out left on my side. My team is getting firm footing again, and the kid and I finished the game together, leapfrogging up and popping people like nobodies business.
He talked to me afterwards and was in awe of how I could fix his gun under fire. I wasn't really sure how I did either, but I sure had fun.
Noah

AutoCocker Builder
2nwyka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 11:35 PM #28
Fubarius
Wow, it is blue.

Fubarius is a Moderator
Fubarius supports our troops
That reminds me of a story. Technically not a woodsball one either, but it all happens right before the start of the game so it "could" have been a woodsball game.

So we're lined up at the start box. One kid runs in at the last second and is directed to our side.

The ref points to us "Blue team ready?" as we confirm.

As soon as we do, as the ref is pointing at the red side, this kids spyder starts hissing loudly from it's air hose.

The ref says "Game will begin in 5..."

The kid says "Oh crap, what do I do?"

Ref says "4..."

I reach over

Ref "3..."

I give the hose a good twist and it stops leaking.

Ref "2..."

The kid stares at me in disbelief.

Ref "1, GO!"

and the rest of the game goes just fine.

Nunquam emere possis quae facitis
Fubarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 PM #29
Phantom2011

Phantom2011 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Phantom2011 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I got a good one.
On 8/10/13 I went with my local Youth Group to this thing called X-Teen and they had a woodsball course. So I went. When i got their they had a brief safety briefing and we got our gear. I decided to use my Tippmann 98 custom with an extendable stock, 16in combat sniper barrel with bipod, and an adjustable rail sight. The horn bellowed for the match to start. I snuck about 50 yards to the left in a ditch. I found log to stay by. Went into prone and set up my bipod waiting to see someone. There was only 30 min in a game and i was there for about 10min then I finally seen someone. A newbie on the other team came by trying to be sneaky with his red shirt and blue jeans. I aimed my sights on him and I fired. Unfortunately I missed and he jumped into thick cover. The brush was so thick I couldn't got a shot on him. Then reality dawned on me...the only cover I had was a log. I decided to creep away into the ditch and try to flank him. As I was moving I saw three of my teammates attempting to take over a fort. So I got about 10 yards behind them, got into prone, set up my bipod and gave them cover fire. Then my teammate on the left seen me and took aim at me. At this point I kinda panicked cause I do not wanna get shot especially by my own teammate so i shook my head like crazy and gave him a thumbs up. Thank God he got the message then he nodded and turned around. After that heart attack an opponent jumped around the corner and pegged all three of them at point blank range. As quickly as he did that he turned around and tried to run away. I aimed at him and fired three shots and the second shot pegged him right in the left buttcheek. Immediately on impact he lifted his gun in the air, grabbed his butt tilted his head back, yelled and ran the opposite direction. It was something like you would have seen out of a cartoon. But the funny moment was ruined quickly cause his buddy popped around the corner and shot my foot. After the game I walked up to him and he looked at me and said "Thanks now I cant sit" and he laughed. That was the best moment I ever had playing paintball so far.

If you wanna see the customizations i have for my tippmann 98 click this link
http://www.ultimatepaintball.com/p-3...ight-rail.aspx
Phantom2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 11:00 AM #30
gopro_pballer12
Average Rec-Ball Player

gopro_pballer12 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gopro_pballer12 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Hot day, good that our team starts in the jungle portion of the field. Objective was to fight through the jungle into the open field and capture the last fort. I was running on 4 hours of sleep, and it was late in the day (and out of shape) so I did not take of running like the rest of my team. One kid on the other team had some college track kid that was an insanely fast runner. Round had only been going on for a minute and my team broke out of the jungle. All of a sudden they start taking a cross fire from the college kid and they are stuck. He took a two story bunker right outside the jungle and my whole team went right past him. They were stuck and couldn't advance, and this was about the time i was creeping out of the jungle. I could hear him firing, and he didn't know I was there, so I walk up to his bunker from behind and shot him once in the middle of his back. Not some Rambo move, but he jumped about a foot in the air. Guess he didn't see that coming.
gopro_pballer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2013, 05:23 PM #31
brettster55

Back in the day we used to play woodsball but with very limited ammo, less than 10 balls per person and you had to self-load it. It was fun, we called it civil war PB
brettster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:20 PM #32
demkyle

Was at a big scenairo game and our team had a huge lead and were maintaining the capture point really well. We knew that the other team had little pockets of resistance all around the area, so i took a group of about 10 guys with me to head up a main pathway and try and flank one of the groups we knew of. We saw 2 guys running threw the bush so the whole squad of guys i had turned and riddled them with paint. As this was happening i turned to my right (I was lead point of the squad) and noticed about 12 guys pop out from behind a car. I ended up taking roughly 20 balls to my right shoulder..... it turned black and blue, was a pretty good picture i got, almost looked like a tattoo of a bruise.
Empire Vanquish
Dye Dam
Impact IR3
demkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 02:22 PM #33
demkyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettster55 View Post
Back in the day we used to play woodsball but with very limited ammo, less than 10 balls per person and you had to self-load it. It was fun, we called it civil war PB
Yeah we have played that to, so much fun but can hurt so badly. We take our hoppers off have to load it by hand. We stand in to long lines running parallel from each other, load one ball in and it has to be a hip shot. No aiming allowed and once you shot you had to take a step forward towards the opposings sides line, reload and shoot again. Rules that applied were if u got hit in a limb that limb would be "gone" so you had to play with out it. If you got shot in the head or torso you were dead.
Empire Vanquish
Dye Dam
Impact IR3
demkyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 09:03 AM #34
Cloudss

My uncle got permission from the owner of an abandoned house to play on the property. (The house was a old mansion that had been gutted). We are playing the game just 6 of us. My buddy and I are upstairs defending our position and I hear someone coming up the stairs so I turn and start blasting my Tippmann A-5 and well let's just say the police that the neighbors called were not happy to be shot with paintballs............I am looking down the barrel of two cop's pistols and they are screaming to put down the guns!!! I about **** myself as I dropped my marker. FUN TIMES
Cloudss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 10:23 AM #35
DeadeyeDante
No Running Mama Dog..

DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends VIII
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends IX
DeadeyeDante is playing at Living Legends X
 is playing at Living Legends XI
I got one, the last Mag-Fed game I played out in Cali...at SC VIllage.

We were in a private group called "MFOG", and we asked to play one of the more "traditional" woodsball fields, so they took our party down to the field called "Bog". If you know SC village its the last field on the right at the bottom of the road under the red archway. It's basically a massive set of woods around a small bog in the middle, with somewhat built pathways, but a lot of brush. This was in summer too, so the brush was quite thick. I was using a modded TPX with Zeta Mags, in a MP9 airsoft body, with a back bottle run as a stock.

The game starts and I push immediately up the middle, diving straight into the brush. I hear people rushing around down the trails, and gun fights start erupting up ahead. I decide to be sneaky and cut across the right most trail, heading all the way to the tape line and then moving back across, following the edge of the field. I kept head checking the trail, and seeing our numbers starting to falter, as people keep getting shot out. After a few minutes the brush gets really thick, and I lost sight of the trail, and got a bit turned around.

It was at this point I realized, I had stopped hearing gun fights and started hearing people talking and moving. I also realized that the sounds were coming from about 7-10 feet in front of me, just beyond a wall of foliage. Luckily at this point, the sun had descended behind the trees a bit, and I could see figures through the brush. I dropped to a knee in a stand of trees, and take aim, quickly firing off most of the 10 round mag, and hearing two "HIT!" call outs. However, there were three of them, so I quickly go to swap the mag over, when I hear the worst sound you can hear, a jam. I drop mag, hearing the footsteps of someone crashing through the under brush, paint smacking into the trees in front of me. I clear the jam, reload, just as I hear someone cursing as he spins around the stand of trees, ready to bunker me. Immediately I raise my gun and yell SURRENDER! Just as he does the same. He froze right in front of me, our guns practically touching, and he says "My guns jammed...", to which I reply "Mines not..." and aim for his mag pouch (so it wouldn't hurt) and pull the trigger....and got another jam. He busted out laughing, as I started laughing as well and we called it a mutual surrender and both made our way off the field.

Definitely one the most entertaining games I have played!
Old 10-23-2013, 01:41 PM #36
ubermick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cauldronborn66 View Post
Just goes to show you what an ex-Infantry NCO can do with a Brass Eagle pump!
BRILLIANT!

That reminded me of easily my favourite. About 10 years back, my introduction to paintball was at a friend's bachelor party. One of the guys at the party had a cabin in the BACK woods of Virginia on about 20 acres, and used it for outlaw ball. Bachelor party was 12 guys, so we played 6v6. About half of us had never played before, including a really quiet guy who's name is on the tip of my tongue but can't remember on my team.

Anyways, game is going on, and I spot one of the opposing team (the guy who provided the markers and gear for everyone) about 60-70 yards away, so I start shooting at him. My balls are dropping about 10 feet short, and I can't hit him to save my life. So he gets cocky and stands up from cover, and starts dancing and taunting me. (This happened again at Shooters a couple weeks ago!) I keep trying to hit him, he's out of range, and just dancing.

When suddenly, the quiet guy (not remembering his name is killing me) - who had been with me when I spotted the guy - from out of nowhere stands up about three feet from him, and pops him in the side of the head. Never even heard a rustle as he moved away from me, I assumed I was too engrossed in hitting my opponent.

Back at the cabin over beers, the dancing *** was annoyed at being tagged point blank, but at least realized he was acting an *** and probably was asking for it. I mentioned I never even saw or heard quiet guy moving up, and Bill (haha, just remembered the name of dancing guy!) agreed he saw nothing, when one of the other lads casually mentioned "Oh, you didn't know? He's a Chief Petty Officer in the navy and was a SEAL for 18 years."

Needless to say we all wanted to be on his team the next day!

EDIT: CAMERON! GUY'S NAME WAS CAMERON!!!

Last edited by ubermick : 10-25-2013 at 09:27 AM. Reason: Old age does bad things to your memory...
ubermick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:46 AM #37
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
I was playing at a large scenario two years ago and was playing the sniper/assassin type play. I kept sneaking over to the other teams headquarters by crossing these HUGE ravines that everyone stayed out of, as they were so hard to get across, as it was raining and muddy, but that meant the bridges were super fortified. So the ravines were my ticket across...

I kept getting behind the enemy's HQ only to get in a firefight and get shot. So one time I got over there, and was right behind their HQ and realized I had like 20 paintballs left! I couldn't shoot it out, so I looked around and NO ONE was paying attention to the back of the camp...

So I aired off my A-5 and walked right in like I belonged. And no one gave me a second look! I told the General before the game that I was going to get HIM that game, and he laughed! That is why he looked like this when it happened!

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:54 PM #38
loougle

loougle has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
loougle has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
loougle supports Empire
Probably about 2004 this happened...

I was playing at Tombstone in Corona, CA. It was a walk on game on a Saturday a lot of kids, a lot of dads and a lot of rentals. The field was a heavily wooded creek to the left and to the right it was up-hill and had spools. We had just switched sides and dominated the game by controlling the spools and just pushed downward. My brother, myself and about 3 other guys knew we had to rush the spools, we got about 2-3 guys out and sprinted up to the spools to where about 4 kids and 3 dads were in this hut/behind this hut just hunkered down.

I completely ran out of paint so I sprinted as fast as I could ran in the house and ran behind the house yelling SURRENDER SURRENDER SURRENDER. It was pretty funny.

That same day they took us to a trench field in the back that was massive and we combined with another group. They put the flag in the middle and we had to get it to the other side. I handed my gun to a random guy on the group, sprinted for the flag w/o a gun. Got the flag (barely, a guy with a gun was almost where I was) I got the flag to our captain and we pushed up to a final trench and a final burm line. We handed the flag to a little kid, a big guy was carrying piggy back and all of us just ripped paint for a solid 15 seconds as they ran through. Probably my favorite day of paintballing ever.
loougle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2013, 09:13 AM #39
FreeEnterprise
Trails of Doom

FreeEnterprise posts videos on PbNation
best paintball story... ever...

Follow Trails of Doom on Instagram,
twitter, facebook and youtube
FreeEnterprise is offline   Reply With Quote