Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 02-11-2011, 09:48 AM #64
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

lol, I still have my Brockner Bro's christmas card.
Ditchpig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-11-2011, 12:39 PM #65
tris11583

has been a member for 10 years
tris11583 is a Professional paintball player
Is that you Conrad??

Nick - how does Airsoft actually work.. is it on the honor system??
tris11583 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 03:51 PM #66
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

Out here at the Farm it's based on the "heckle" code. More heckling the better, extra points for original material. Beer is not only ok, but recommended. Everybody out here is cool, you pretty much KNOW when you hit someone.

Come on out sometime! We'll be playing soon, I'll let ya know.
Old 02-12-2011, 04:06 PM #67
ishoot

Action packed owners name is Greg klug he was
The original owner of SAMs paintball nikkis husband

The edge paintball is still open 3 rd oldest paintball field in the state owners name is John Goepfert

5946 US Hwy 51 South Janesville WI 53548

Visit our site 608pb.com
ishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 10:42 AM #68
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

ummmmmm. the edge is not even close to being the third oldest field. sorry.

Apoc, Stalker, Jungle Cat, Paintball Daves, have all been around longer. Those were off the top of my head.

Last edited by Ditchpig1 : 02-13-2011 at 10:50 AM.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:23 PM #69
ishoot

Wink Age counts

I know I may be old but my memory is still pretty good. I will be more specific I was refering to out door fields that are still open. Jungle cat was not open when the Edge first opened its doors although John And I did attend the first PTI class in chicago together I think that was 1997 or there abouts. Sams(Gregs) Stalker (Mike and Dianne) Apoc( Dave) were the only outdoor fields Open in the state when the Edge first opened its doors. Daves added an outdoor field in the late 90's.

Thanks

John

5946 US Hwy 51 South Janesville WI 53548

Visit our site 608pb.com
ishoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 07:41 AM #70
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

There was Zingers (still open), Hillcrest, Fox valley games, there was also Petes PGP field in Middleton, and TnT's field and store in Monroe.

Sams was Nicki. Greg was there for a short time in the beginning.
Old 02-14-2011, 08:51 AM #71
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
Is TnT still around? I remember their ads for Phantoms back in 1991-92 in APG. Or am I thinking of someone else... the years and names blend together. There was also a field in Redgranite for a number of years that's long gone. Splatterhouse 5 in Ringle is another old-time field that was well ahead of its time - they had a dedicated speedball/concept field years ahead of anyone else I knew of.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 09:34 AM #72
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

I remember the redgranite field......I just had it!!!!! We sent teams there...RGP maybe??

TnT's, Ted and Tim. Heres some History for ya.....TnT's actually supplied D&D paintball in Madison. D&D (Dan and Dave) opened that store early 90's w/ the T&T guys. When D&D closed, Apoc bought their inventory.

NVP played their first tournament on the Monroe fields in 90, or 91.

Heres some more fields for ya from the early, mid 90's.

Paintball Steves, Lacrosse
Splatterhouse Five, Wausau (Pump got that one)
Splatball inc., Hudson
Theres another one up by Hillcrest, and Zinger thats been around forever. Can't think of it right now.
Old 02-16-2011, 10:09 PM #73
HiMom
BennyBoom

HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
HiMom supports Ninja Paintball
you guys are off on the oldest field in WI. Outdoor Adventures in Fremont is the oldest field which opened its doors in early 1986, then shortly after Stalker opened its doors
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 10:52 PM #74
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

Never said who was oldest, just naming some old ones. I thought Sams held the oldest title?
Old 02-18-2011, 02:20 PM #75
matrix55

matrix55 is playing at Living Legends VIII
matrix55 is playing at Living Legends IX
matrix55 is playing at Living Legends X
Not sure if the original commando paintball was open in 86 but before Derrick turned commando into the sweet field that it is today it was owned by Tom and Mary(I forget there last names). It was called T&Mpaintball. They were strictly woodsball and scenarios but I know I played my first game there back in 99. I think I speak for most people when I say I am glad he took over
Old 02-18-2011, 03:30 PM #76
fatdaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ditchpig1 View Post
There was Zingers (still open), Hillcrest, Fox valley games, there was also Petes PGP field in Middleton, and TnT's field and store in Monroe.

Sams was Nicki. Greg was there for a short time in the beginning.
Is Fox Valley Games still operating? I used to know Chip and Diane who ran it when I played for the Mayhem Tigers back in the early 80s. I find myself in Naperville over from the UK for the weekend so I'd like to look them up if they're still there

FD
fatdaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 03:31 PM #77
fatdaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaz View Post
Is Fox Valley Games still operating? I used to know Chip and Diane who ran it when I played for the Mayhem Tigers back in the early 80s. I find myself in Naperville over from the UK for the weekend so I'd like to look them up if they're still there

FD
Or even the early 90s - I'm not that old
Old 02-18-2011, 03:37 PM #78
Skipdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatdaz View Post

FD

Think your confusing yourself. Fox valley games was a outdoor near Oshkosh WI (pretty sure they have been closed for a while). Fox river games is in naperville Illinois. That is still open, and Tim Glavin of Swarm fame owns it.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 06:16 PM #79
fatdaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipdogg View Post
Think your confusing yourself. Fox valley games was a outdoor near Oshkosh WI (pretty sure they have been closed for a while). Fox river games is in naperville Illinois. That is still open, and Tim Glavin of Swarm fame owns it.
Thanks Skipdogg, you're of course right it was Fox river games. Sounds like it's worth reaching out to them because Chip used to play for Swarm back in the day so it sounds like I'll be able to find him. Seems daft to travel thousands of miles and then shirk the last 20 miles

Thanks for the help
Old 02-18-2011, 06:49 PM #80
HiMom
BennyBoom

HiMom works for a Paintball manufacturer
HiMom plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
HiMom supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix55 View Post
Not sure if the original commando paintball was open in 86 but before Derrick turned commando into the sweet field that it is today it was owned by Tom and Mary(I forget there last names). It was called T&Mpaintball. They were strictly woodsball and scenarios but I know I played my first game there back in 99. I think I speak for most people when I say I am glad he took over
yeah Tom Pagel was his name
HiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 04:33 PM #81
ducktapeyourma

I haven't been on this forum in years and was just browsing around on a Saturday Afternoon...Anyways, I used to play back in the 01-02-03 BFG era and these were some names/teams that come to mind...

AGD Kids- They had a good run for several years, I know they won Skyball in 03, Chicago in 03 and the year before that they won IAO as the team "Hardcore" and they had pretty good success in the tours back when it wasn't divisions it was just Rookie, Novice, Am and Pro. I am not sure of the last names but I know there was Jason Smith, Chester, Andy, Lunchbox and Chase. They were all from Kenosha. Chester was the one that played with the old RT Mag that would shoot about 10 balls a game and get at least half the kills for their team. They really set the bar in terms of competition in Milwaukee area for some time, bringing up the ranks of Adrenalin Rush, Stinger and even some of the players on Boom today.

Kyle Miller- Adrenalin Rush, Stinger Factory, UW-Whitewater

He really brought a huge shift to the level of college play for the Wisconsin Universities. Before him there were college "teams" but he in my opinion was responsible for bringing the Wisconsin teams to a higher level of competition and bringing them to the national forefront. I may be wrong but that was my perception as I knew him personally and when I was a part of the Stout club.

Before there was BFG in that building their was a different owner and that was Tim Gallion owning Milwaukee Paintball Center. It was short lived but it really set-up the foundation for BFG to buy it.

Just my 2 cents.
ducktapeyourma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2011, 01:12 PM #82
Skipdogg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducktapeyourma View Post
Before there was BFG in that building their was a different owner and that was Tim Gallion owning Milwaukee Paintball Center. It was short lived but it really set-up the foundation for BFG to buy it.

Just my 2 cents.

Tim was a great guy. In over his head though, and had a TERRIBLE 'business' partner. The combination lead to a quick demise. Too bad for him.
Skipdogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:40 PM #83
falcon115

I think John Simon deserves a large ammount of thanks
falcon115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2011, 06:43 PM #84
falcon115

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishoot View Post
Action packed owners name is Greg klug he was
The original owner of SAMs paintball nikkis husband

The edge paintball is still open 3 rd oldest paintball field in the state owners name is John Goepfert
When did greg klug become the owner of action packed?
falcon115 is offline   Reply With Quote