PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2007, 09:23 AM #1
pmr2234

has been a member for 10 years
Paintball Trends

Ok guys i have a skool project and i have to do a three paper report on a trend. i was just going to see if anyone wanted to post there opinions on the trends in paintball today. how it has changed and how it will change. if you do not want to post just email me thanks alot!!! blunewt81@hotmail.com
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-12-2007, 09:28 AM #2
ebolacola

pump play is on a up. especially speedball pump.

since i started thinking about pumps last fall I've noticed a huge increase in posts and traffic in the forum.

also the "agg"-trend.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:45 AM #3
soccerlu08
"MIAMI"

I feel the college paintball is on the rise. I think in the future the NCPA (college paintball league) will be a lot more popular, and college paintball will be taken seriously as a college sport.

Another thing I noticed is the filming of PB games on ESPN sucks. They dont do a good job of showing the game as a whole. Now obviously its more difficult to film paintball, because there isn't a ball to focus on. But its just a thought.
Old 02-12-2007, 09:59 AM #4
mypilotkicksbutt

how the markers have changed from little crap pistols to $1000 electric 20bps guns
Old 02-12-2007, 10:58 AM #5
zderekv

... and how the $1000 - $1500 guns from not long ago have turned into the $200 - $400 guns today. it's trickle down theory.

"There is no substitute for hard work."
Old 02-12-2007, 11:52 AM #6
scottevil907
(C)old(B)looded(A)laskan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccerlu08 View Post
I feel the college paintball is on the rise. I think in the future the NCPA (college paintball league) will be a lot more popular, and college paintball will be taken seriously as a college sport.

Another thing I noticed is the filming of PB games on ESPN sucks. They dont do a good job of showing the game as a whole. Now obviously its more difficult to film paintball, because there isn't a ball to focus on. But its just a thought.
what this guy said. college paintball is the next biggest thing in paintball due to the fact that these college teams dont have to pay for alot of stuff that the pros and semi pros have to pay for...

https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...0#post64546780 <-- Custom tint on flex lens for sale!!!!!
Old 02-12-2007, 12:26 PM #7
proto baller 69

trends in paintball... clothing, people think the more money u spend on ur marker and gear makes u a better player, people would rather spend 160 on paint every saterday shooting 25 bps... high end electros are in, and pumps are making a come back as well, college paintball is booming, the big teams in the sport are fading, new players join every day ect...
Old 02-12-2007, 03:37 PM #8
rezarxt

HK stickers
Old 02-12-2007, 04:10 PM #9
casualties07

The trend is that paintball is bringing in ALOT more money than it did even 5 years ago from all of the nice and $$$ markers avaible these days!
Old 02-12-2007, 04:16 PM #10
ebolacola

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualties07 View Post
The trend is that paintball is bringing in ALOT more money than it did even 5 years ago from all of the nice and $$$ markers avaible these days!
I'm going do disagree with you on that one.

5 years ago a 1500 dollar gun would get you much more of a custom gun. The best anodizing available, fine tuning by a gun expert, custom milling. ++
Old 02-12-2007, 04:51 PM #11
dapope12
drink my holy water

dapope12 plays in the PSP
dapope12 helped look for balloons
dapope12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dapope12 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
dapope12 supports Team VICIOUS
spyders, intimidators, automags, impulses, and autocockers are all fading. rarely do you see a person with an autococker and even rarer an automag. the reason for this is electro pneumatic guns, everyone wants the smallest, lightest, quietest, and fastest markers around. but who wouldn't?

guns are no longer being regarded as cars are. it once was normal to buy a nice autococker or automag and keep it till it explodes. now, i see people at the field who only keep their gun for a few months until trading or selling it for something different. part of this is dye/proto and planet eclipse "making" or "remaking" their guns every year. every matrix since the LCD matrix has worked the same way, the difference? publicity, weight, and speed. every year dye gets its engineers together and they figure out how to make it slightly shorter and slightly lighter. and what you get is the false idea that this years matrix is going to be much better than last years.

another change is the idea of low-end guns, with smartparts introduction of the ion (which invaded the domain held by kingman, tippman, and PMI), a "high-end fully electro pneumatic marker for an economic price" totally destroyed all the high ground that low-end marker companies held. who wants a mechanical spyder when you can have an ion? everyone did, and smartparts thought so too. so they mass produced the ion until the price dropped by 50% and the resale value dropped over 75%. this instated the idea that its easier to buy a new gun than a used, which caused mass chaos to every guns resale value, especially non-electro pneumatic markers.

so whats the trend? the trend is not being shaped by those with years of experience, its the new players and companies. the trend has become buying markers that are the best around bone-stock. leaving markers that take a little upgrading in the dust. paintball companies make markers for the consumer, and if they want bone-stock awesome markers they will get them. and knowing that words like ".5 ounces off _______" and "____bps more than _____" will send everyone running for their credit card, so companies just jack the price up.

thats about all i can type now....i could go one
Old 02-12-2007, 08:57 PM #12
paintballislife73

camo i think is a good one. 2-3 years ago camo was kinda the noob sign at the field (woods fields). you never saw it in pro tourney ball. but now its popular. xsv wears it all the time. i love it but im just surprised how it turned around so quickly

edit: dapope12 - had a up'ed minimag for 2 years. sold it last summer. worst decision ever. thing was so accurate and never had a problem with it. i loved it but i needed money... i hope i can get some extra cash and buy one just for fun. AGD=love
Closed Thread