nightmares&lollypops
nice marmot

has been a member for 10 years
 plays in the NXL
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
nightmares&lollypops owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
nightmares&lollypops supports Ninja Paintball
The only reason I would want the gsl over this is cause I have wanted the can to be threaded to the propshaft since the geo first came out. I want a vamped one then parts swap it to make it white and black. Seems like the best pe gun yet
Advertisement
Old 10-22-2013, 03:33 PM #233
MisfitKillaz
Bleedin' Green

MisfitKillaz plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
MisfitKillaz is an NCPA player
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmflexxx View Post
Precisely. Apparently this is too much for many posters to grasp.
calm down fanboy. The geo3.1 should have been announced first. It was pretty retarded to release an Sl model, and then after release the model its based off of. Why do we have to wait a year+ to get the current technology they already have, and in the mean time possibly spend around $1k on a time-filling model. The sl line has its own customers who want the best milled marker money can buy and a full package, the base models are for everyone else who stills wants a premium gun. The base geo3.1 is still supposed to be eclipses match against a luxe, dm14, clone gt, vcoms...they all have quick release bolts. This should have been included in the base geo and something else added to make the gsl more special, the carbon tips would have been a start.
MisfitKillaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 04:00 PM #234
96 Ls lnteg
Hola

96 Ls lnteg is a Supporting Member
96 Ls lnteg is a Paintball photographer
96 Ls lnteg owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Lol

Last edited by 96 Ls lnteg : 10-22-2013 at 04:21 PM.
96 Ls lnteg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:02 PM #235
Slyvest

[quote=rexisme;79753805]Just stop. We don't have enough crayons and paste to feed these people
Yeah cause your a rocket scientist. Smh. What a Jo
Slyvest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:19 PM #236
D_Hawkes44
SL94 and Titan Etek 4 LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
calm down fanboy. The geo3.1 should have been announced first. It was pretty retarded to release an Sl model, and then after release the model its based off of. Why do we have to wait a year+ to get the current technology they already have, and in the mean time possibly spend around $1k on a time-filling model. The sl line has its own customers who want the best milled marker money can buy and a full package, the base models are for everyone else who stills wants a premium gun. The base geo3.1 is still supposed to be eclipses match against a luxe, dm14, clone gt, vcoms...they all have quick release bolts. This should have been included in the base geo and something else added to make the gsl more special, the carbon tips would have been a start.
Here's what you have to remember... They are a company based around making a profit manufacturing paintball equipment. If hey can make money releasing a half upgrade and then again when they fully upgrade you can bet your *** they will. Why do you think apple drops a 4 then 4s then 5 then 5s. You as a customer need to decide if it's worth upgrading every time a half upgrade drops or if you want to wait. Also if you think that what other manufacturers are doing is "current" technology you are sadly mistaken... In order for them to drop new guns every year they need to be thinking at least one gun in advance. I'll bet they are already working on whatever comes after the upgrade to the LV1. You may argue that would be the LV3 or the LV2 if you count the half upgrade that comes after the LV1.
MILEHIGH OUTLAWS #1144

100%+

Blitz Paintball
D_Hawkes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 05:38 PM #237
venom1256
Scrooge McDuck

venom1256 plays in the PSP
venom1256 is an NCPA player
venom1256 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
venom1256 supports Empire
The only problem i have found in the LV1 style reg grip is the small rubber inserts to keep the two halves of the rubber together. They almost always rip and then the bottom half of the reg rubber spins freely out of alignment. Hopefully they catch this and fix it for the geo4.
venom1256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:00 PM #238
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends X
MaG Adrenal1ne supports Team VICIOUS
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D5 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Hawkes44 View Post
Here's what you have to remember... They are a company based around making a profit manufacturing paintball equipment. If hey can make money releasing a half upgrade and then again when they fully upgrade you can bet your *** they will. Why do you think apple drops a 4 then 4s then 5 then 5s. You as a customer need to decide if it's worth upgrading every time a half upgrade drops or if you want to wait. Also if you think that what other manufacturers are doing is "current" technology you are sadly mistaken... In order for them to drop new guns every year they need to be thinking at least one gun in advance. I'll bet they are already working on whatever comes after the upgrade to the LV1. You may argue that would be the LV3 or the LV2 if you count the half upgrade that comes after the LV1.
If its all about money then they should of waited before dropping the 3.1... they should of let people eat up the sales of the GSL and then after it calmed down a bit release the 3.1.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:04 PM #239
MaG Adrenal1ne
#PlayforPride

MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends VI
MaG Adrenal1ne is playing at Living Legends X
MaG Adrenal1ne supports Team VICIOUS
MaG Adrenal1ne plays in the APPA D5 division
MaG Adrenal1ne supports DLX Technology
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Ls lnteg View Post
Please show me a company that has better line up
All based off of what you're looking for in a marker.
Bored? On Facebook? Come join my group Paintball Gear for Sale!
MaG Adrenal1ne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:42 PM #240
petedaddy
Mission Accomplished!

petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
petedaddy owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightmares&lollypops View Post
The only reason I would want the gsl over this is cause I have wanted the can to be threaded to the propshaft since the geo first came out. I want a vamped one then parts swap it to make it white and black. Seems like the best pe gun yet
Why is a threaded can important? I never had any issues with mine.

(In this day and age of misinterpreted tone through messages/postings/text, I am in no way trying to argue. I'm just curious as to what you think. Could be something I never thought of.)
petedaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:46 PM #241
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG Adrenal1ne View Post
If its all about money then they should of waited before dropping the 3.1... they should of let people eat up the sales of the GSL and then after it calmed down a bit release the 3.1.
The amount of people willing or even able to spend $1850 for a marker isn't that large to where they need to worry about hurting their 3.1 sales.

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 06:58 PM #242
Jonezed7
Bleed Blue & White

Jonezed7 is one of the top 25 posters on PbNation
Jonezed7 is Legendary
Jonezed7 is Boss
Jonezed7 is Immortal
Love the new design.
Jonezed7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:44 PM #243
rexisme

rexisme supports DLX Technology
It's not about being a rocket scientist. It's pretty simple to understand, yet most aren't.

Besides, you can't even handle the simple task of quoting properly. I can see how you wouldn't understand. Case and F'n point.
Old 10-22-2013, 07:55 PM #244
Henrybg
Son of the South

Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
I think it's brilliant. Release info about the GSL. People want it but dont want to pay the price. Right after release the Geo 3.1 those that want an extremely silimar marker can now pay a cheaper price.

Result: Profit
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 07:57 PM #245
seaneady
Hit The Deadbox Fool

seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse CS2
seaneady plays in the APPA D5 division
seaneady owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henrybg View Post
I think it's brilliant. Release info about the GSL. People want it but dont want to pay the price. Right after release the Geo 3.1 those that want an extremely silimar marker can now pay a cheaper price. Result: Profit
Holy **** people.... NOTHING has been released..... Announced.... Not released. Guess this shouldn't be a quote so don't take it personal as you did atleast say release info.

Florida Shakedown
seaneady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 02:35 AM #246
tttt

what a beaut
tttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:01 AM #247
blank_3
Sacramento Point Blank

blank_3 posts videos on PbNation
No quick release bolt like the gsl? Booo
blank_3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:49 AM #248
InUrFaceFactory
Vision

plays in the NXL
InUrFaceFactory plays in the APPA D4 division
InUrFaceFactory supports Shocker RSX
the Gsl is just a special edition and they are only making a 1 time run with 700
world wide !
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 AM #249
Soul06
The Last Thing You'll See

Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CSL
Soul06 owns a Planet Eclipse CS1
Soul06 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by InUrFaceFactory View Post
the Gsl is just a special edition and they are only making a 1 time run with 750 world wide!
Fixed

Obnoxious, NY - High Velocity, NY - Liberty, NY - Cousins, NY - Top Gun, NJ
On Target, NJ - Accurate, NJ - Skirmish, PA - CPX Sports, IL - Paintball Explosion, IL - P&L, MA - Pev's, VA - SC Village, CA

Soul06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:14 AM #250
pmflexxx
You best not miss

pmflexxx supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitKillaz View Post
Fanboy I am not. Most reasonable people understand the logic and economics behind these two versions and their features. But you're right, next time Jack and Co. should come to you when deciding when/how to release their products. Frankly, following your line of reasoning I would be more upset about the absence of the "smoother, more efficient" bolt which actually affects performance than a convenience like the quick release cap.
pmflexxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:15 AM #251
D_Hawkes44
SL94 and Titan Etek 4 LT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaG Adrenal1ne View Post
The rep on the webcast said only 300 would be available for sale in the US. I'm pretty sure those will get eaten up with or without the release of the 3.1
MILEHIGH OUTLAWS #1144

100%+

Blitz Paintball
D_Hawkes44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:26 AM #252
paint4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmflexxx View Post
I would be more upset about the absence of the "smoother, more efficient" bolt which actually affects performance than a convenience like the quick release cap.
I have to agree with this. For this reason I am going to wait till the 4 comes out, and keep using my current Eclipse markers. I really don't care about colour, barrel tips or milling. It is all about performance and reliability for me. That's why I use Eclipse to begin with.
paint4 is offline   Reply With Quote
ReplyNews Ups

Paintball News Rules
  1. No Upping threads. If you have something to say, please do, but don't post in the thread just to take it to the top of the forum.
  2. Do not post "1st post", "1st", "First post" or anything similar (or with any other number) at any point in a thread, even if you post a comment too. It is really annoying and it will result in a ban.
  3. If you don't like something, say why instead of just calling it ugly, lame, gay or any other name. If it is old, simply post a link or report the post with a link to the older News thread.
  4. Please don't post links for places to buy items. That encourages stores, sponsored players and other people to do it and spam the site.
If you have questions, please post them in the Talk to Mods/Admins forum.