PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 03-16-2012, 03:51 PM #43
DefStatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobray View Post
I have the Gen7 RAP4 T68 and the Tippman 98 with the Tacamo magazine kit. I got both around Nov 2011.

I purchased 8 RAP-4 mags and only had a problem with 1 (it broke).
But the other 7 feed fine. I was having some problems at first but once you break the magazines in they work fine.

The Tippman is fine as long as you use the box mag. The mag release is too far forward and ruins the mil-sim spec of the play.

When I got my RAP4 I had some problems with it but after field-stripping it a few times eventually the marker broke in and runs fine.

I did have a problem where the sear scraped part of the hammer and caused it to sieze in the body. This was after 12,000 shots/4 months after getting it. But the hammer is not expensive so it was an easy fix. I may have had the sear adjustment too high...

I never chop balls in the Tippman. Sometimes i get a chop with the RAP4 but that is only when the box magazine is running low. I jsut got the anti-chop bolt and seems to have fixed the problem with actually chopping, so it doesnt make a mess.

One thing about it is you get 1 chop in the RAP4 and sometimes its ok, or the performance degrades or it just stops working completely.
Most of the time you can just work thru it with a squeggie but on ocassion ive had to field strip the gun and clean and re-oil it.

The RAP4 is also high maintenance...I found it runs best when you clean and oil it up the night before.

The Tippman on the other hand, I dont do anything to it but put air and paint in it and it gives me zero problems. I keep it as my backup gun in case (when) the RAP4 wants to go south for some reason. But so far the run has been running pretty good lately so i cant complain.

If you get a RAP4 I suggest getting some spare parts cause it's a pretty precision gun and easy to strip/thread things if youre not careful. But luckly most of the parts you can damage are pretty cheap and available.

The only problems ive had with the box mag is the ball detent by the motor was too tight and didn't let the balls flow and would get stuck. Bent the detent in a little and now my box mag runs like butter. Only problem is that it is made out of plastic and can break pretty easily. I was running in a field and i slipped and landed on the gun and the box mag smashed into the ground and broke all the major plastic components. So now I keep 2 box mags around, 1 for a spare.

FYI, RAP4 bought Tacamo.

Paintball is an expensive sport and RAP4 is expensive stuff, but when it runs the distinct sound of the gun and it's performance over the rental tippmans on the field is pretty awesome. Especially when I fire it full auto and the e-trigger the thing is just insane. It may not shoot as many balls per sec but it has that distinctive rat-tat-tat so everyone on the field knows when your shooting it.

EDIT:

The RAP4 is alot louder than the Tippmans, and one of its strong suits IMHO. People will know when you are shooting it, which is good and bad cause I usually get people always targeting me.
I play at Pevs in Aldie, VA and I havent seen anyone else there with a RAP4 since Ive been there (Im that crazy mil-sim guy in the tactical vest)

When I have had problems with the RAP4 I can call customer support and get someone who can actually answer my questions in under a minute. Thier tech support is top notch IMHO.
Hey, my friend just got his T68 Gen7 the other day and I would love to ask you some questions, since you are experienced with this gun. But I cannot even send you a PM on here.
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 PM #44
cobray

Ask away. Other people might have the same questions!
cobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 08:28 PM #45
DefStatic

What paint do you use? What paint have you used that you would not recommend?

How would you break in a RAP4 T68?

Do you have the anti-chop bolt and anti-chop mag thing they sell?
DefStatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:57 AM #46
cobray

Ive been running Empire Marballizer winter paint. Its been between 40 and 50 degrees where i have been playing.

As far as breaking it in I would just shoot 100 or so rounds or until it stopped working, then field strip and oil it and put it back together. I had to do that a few times until it started running good. Also when I got it the ball detent was the gen6 with the metal ball bearing. I got the Gen7 mag adapter with the tippman-style detents which holds the balls in much better than the steel ball bearing type.
I was shooting crappy paint in it when i first got it so that might have been the source of some of my problems.
I have the anti-chop bolt in it and it works good. When my box mag gets low the balls can bobble in the feed tube and it saved me from a few chops.

I did have the anti-chop mag adapter but i couldnt get it to work. It put too much resistance on the bolt and my velocity sucked. But I sent it back to RAP4 and they are sending me a new adapter and bolt. So well see how that goes.

There are 2 anti-chop devices:
The anti-chop bolt, and
The anti-chop mag adapter. The mag adapter has a detent in it that will prevent the bolt going forward so when your mag is empty it does the 'click' like on a real gun so you know when your mag is empty.
The anti-chop bolt will just prevent a ball from getting chopped but the gun still fires when the magazine is empty.

Last edited by cobray : 03-24-2012 at 10:59 AM.
cobray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 08:46 PM #47
xiongsta_00

i use the lok bolt with stock bolt and it works great...didnt have so much luck with the lok bolt and anti chop together...
but i use kryptics...but i do hear the marballizers and anilation works good with it...just dont use super thin brittle paint...leave that stuff for the speedball players...
xiongsta_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:39 AM #48
CRSHDMY

CRSHDMY is playing at Living Legends VII
CRSHDMY owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
CRSHDMY has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I played with mine once, and it was a blast, its pretty accurate and efficient enough, (air forward, spring back). the only resin im getting rid of mine is cuz iv been dieing for a pump marker. looking to buy?
CRSHDMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 09:51 PM #49
Dkuehner
Big Bear

Dkuehner is playing at Living Legends VI
Dkuehner has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Dkuehner has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Dkuehner is attending Decay of Nations VI
I have a rap 4 t68. I love the way the marker looks and feels. But, the mags feed reliability leaves some thing to be desired. I am in the process of making my own box mag. Should fix my feed problem. I am also going to by some MilSig mags.
Dkuehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:04 AM #50
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

Ok. so what setup should i buy from RAP4 to get at least working state out of the box? thanks
razer215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 12:34 AM #51
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by razer215 View Post
Ok. so what setup should i buy from RAP4 to get at least working state out of the box? thanks
Any T68 Gen 7

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 01:39 PM #52
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

What is the difference between shorter barrel and longer barrel. i'm a little confused haha.
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 PM #53
Tempted (Banned)

The length of the barrel.
Tempted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:17 PM #54
robot0ninja

Quote:
What is the difference between shorter barrel and longer barrel. i'm a little confused haha.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
The length of the barrel.
Sigging this conversation, lol

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
Old 09-04-2012, 10:54 AM #55
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

Not answer that i expected lol (you don't say?)
Old 09-07-2012, 02:45 PM #56
robot0ninja

Quote:
Not answer that i expected lol (you don't say?)
Well that's the answer. If its the same type of barrel, then the only difference will be length

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
Old 10-12-2012, 01:11 PM #57
razer215
Tiberius T8.1 Player

is milsig a better one than RAP4 or what?
Old 10-24-2012, 09:35 AM #58
amahvan

Myself and my entire squad have Rap4's. Two of us have full-auto Gen7's, our recon guy carries a Gen5 with a 4x ACOG, and our point-man carries the .43 cal shelled.

The guns are definitely high-maintenance, but they are high-performance.

I don't want to hear about "spyder guts" or "extra weight", etc. The guns are all steel, super-rugged, beyond customizable (3 of our guns started out the same, and all have been totally customized to suit their need), they take real M4 parts, they're super-balanced, and they offer a feel like no other.

Sometimes there are jams which are easily solved with a squeegie or dry fire. If you plan on playing a round of speedball, this is not the gun for you, but if you play scenarios or large fields with a team (necessary if using mags), the experience is amazing.

The stuff is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I had some problems with my gun at West Point Combat Classic this past weekend, but a few minutes earlier I nailed a kill with just two 3-round-burst trigger pulls at 100-125 yards. I have a Sightmark Reflex QD Digital, and swung my reticle about 1.5mil above the target.

Rap4 guns are sick. And customer service will walk you through any issues.

Last edited by amahvan : 10-24-2012 at 09:37 AM.
amahvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 02:26 PM #59
robot0ninja

Quote:
Originally Posted by amahvan View Post
Myself and my entire squad have Rap4's. Two of us have full-auto Gen7's, our recon guy carries a Gen5 with a 4x ACOG, and our point-man carries the .43 cal shelled.

The guns are definitely high-maintenance, but they are high-performance.

I don't want to hear about "spyder guts" or "extra weight", etc. The guns are all steel, super-rugged, beyond customizable (3 of our guns started out the same, and all have been totally customized to suit their need), they take real M4 parts, they're super-balanced, and they offer a feel like no other.

Sometimes there are jams which are easily solved with a squeegie or dry fire. If you plan on playing a round of speedball, this is not the gun for you, but if you play scenarios or large fields with a team (necessary if using mags), the experience is amazing.

The stuff is expensive, but you get what you pay for. I had some problems with my gun at West Point Combat Classic this past weekend, but a few minutes earlier I nailed a kill with just two 3-round-burst trigger pulls at 100-125 yards. I have a Sightmark Reflex QD Digital, and swung my reticle about 1.5mil above the target.

Rap4 guns are sick. And customer service will walk you through any issues.
You're definitely right about the internals. It is a stacked tubed blow back but RAP4 uses higher quality materials and has better quality control. I'm not sure how you managed to tag someone at 100-125the yards though, since most paintballs don't break after 50 yards. Not to mention are highly inaccurate after 75 yards also

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
Old 12-11-2012, 01:06 AM #60
ATVgames4x4
Owner of ATV Games 4x4

I used a RAP4 T68 Gen 7 for a few months with the splitfeed adapter. I had no balls chop when fed through the hopper and only 2 balls chop when using the magazine. If anybody is interested I am selling a brand new RAP4 T68 Gen 7 M4 rifle. I decided to go with an X7 since we don't use magazines at our field. PM me for details.

ATV Games 4x4 Official Video
ATV Games 4x4 Website
Like us on facebook
ATVgames4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 AM #61
dorsai

has been a member for 10 years
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
RAP4 announced a deal which will let anyone who owns one
of their earlier models to swap it out for one of their soon to
be released new models. Just thought I'd pass that along.
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:00 PM #62
INSAN3 BAN4NA

INSAN3 BAN4NA owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
INSAN3 BAN4NA has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
INSAN3 BAN4NA has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Have you looked into the dye DAM much? It's not an M4 but IMHO it looks better. You get a DM in a tactical shell. Great gun, Great service, Great company.
INSAN3 BAN4NA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:12 AM #63
dorsai

has been a member for 10 years
dorsai posts videos on PbNation
All I can say about the DYE is that it looked nice sitting in
a glass case at the Extravaganza, while RAP4 was letting
folks try out their 468 in their shooting booth. Having all
the beta tester's attest to how good it is, isn't the same
as giving the average player a chance to try it. Besides,
it's another $1,000.00 marker, not a real weapon.
Cell: 239.410.9632
Email: ADorsai@aol.com
dorsai is offline   Reply With Quote