PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-12-2008, 09:21 PM #1
Paintball4MaLife

Making money from AdSense?

How much income does AdSense bring to a website that is still not yet popular

(Made my website InfoPaintball )

Also can anyone quickly explain to me about it? Still don't quite get it...

How can i get more clicks?

Thanks!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-13-2008, 03:20 PM #2
PbGoods

has been a member for 10 years
PbGoods is reppin' sidebar 4 life
PbGoods has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I suggest you do your own research as I could type pages of information but I won't because there are numerous sources to look this up.

Basically, you sign up for an Adsense account. Paste the code into your site, generally "above the fold". You let it stay there and do not encourage anyone to click on them and do not click on them yourself, otherwise you get banned and lose all earnings. Wait until you get $100 and then request your check.

If you want more information send me a PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 02:32 AM #3
topgogogo

There are two ways to get more clicks: Change the colors of your advertisements. People tend to click depending on the colors of the advertisement. And place the advertisements at better locations.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:15 PM #4
ghostcell

Ah, I use to have a chart that showed good and bad places for Adsense ads.

Ads in the footer are the worst possible place.

Blend the ads in with the website, and people tend to click on Blue links more often. You know, just that regular blue.

Position it in spots that people will be clicking frequently around, for example, menu or navigation, in between posts, etc...

I think I did a pretty good job with the position of the ads on my site if you want to check it out. http://www.talkmusicforums.com

I have a set under the User menu, along with the sidebar. (Had more success with the larger banner ads at the top of the page, under the navigation/menu, but I replaced it once I made the sidebar. I'll probably move it later)

The payout limit is a *****, $100 is a way too ****ing much. It used to be $50.

EDIT: Found one:

White = Worse
Then the darker the orange, the better. Obviously having ads before/after/in the content is extremely effective.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:54 PM #5
PbGoods

The one thing I must stress is, don't design/create your website with the intent to solely make money from it.

You will fail really fast. Happened to me in the past and now making money from websites is my last priority. Reversing the order can potentially make you more money. You first want to give your readers/ visitors what they want so they keep coming back and eventually you will get what you want.

For the ad placement, it is basically all about trial and error. I forget the exact name for it but there is a method to it. Basically you edit smalls things at once until you find the optimal performing method.

For instance with the ads:

Have the ad up below the navigation with the colors of green and black. Test this out for a month.

Next month change the color of the ad to blue and yellow. Compare the stats between the months. Did you have more clicks? Keep in mind the web traffic for both months you want to be able to compare the two as equally as possible.

Same goes for blog writing. Write with one style for one month, see how that goes. The next month use a different style and see how your stats compare, are they better or are they worst?

It is about trial and error, nothing is ever set in stone when it comes to the online world.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:56 PM #6
FalconMan281

FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by PbGoods View Post
The one thing I must stress is, don't design/create your website with the intent to solely make money from it.

You will fail really fast. Happened to me in the past and now making money from websites is my last priority. Reversing the order can potentially make you more money. You first want to give your readers/ visitors what they want so they keep coming back and eventually you will get what you want.

For the ad placement, it is basically all about trial and error. I forget the exact name for it but there is a method to it. Basically you edit smalls things at once until you find the optimal performing method.

For instance with the ads:

Have the ad up below the navigation with the colors of green and black. Test this out for a month.

Next month change the color of the ad to blue and yellow. Compare the stats between the months. Did you have more clicks? Keep in mind the web traffic for both months you want to be able to compare the two as equally as possible.

Same goes for blog writing. Write with one style for one month, see how that goes. The next month use a different style and see how your stats compare, are they better or are they worst?

It is about trial and error, nothing is ever set in stone when it comes to the online world.
Very good post. I have failed many times designing and promoting websites around making money. Also google is very strict about not encouraging people to click on your ads. Because any indication that you encouraged will get your account warned and then banned. Many horror stories have been told about people losing a lot of money. Also you are responsible for those who visit your site. If they have click abuse on your site it can get you banned. Just and FYI.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:12 PM #7
PbGoods

Click abuse is a terrible way to get banned from Google.

That is how I fell victim to being banned by Adsense, I ran a forum about 3 years ago. Made plans to move forward with the forum and that required me to remove some moderators. They got mad and clicked my ads over 1000 times within an hour.

Needless to say I was banned the next day from Google.

It sucks but if I had a program/script that was able to identify who did the clicks at what time and how often, I could just submit the evidence to Google and I would not have been banned. They would have taken all the earnings away.

With 3 moderators and like 1000 clicks from them each, I 'earned' like $300 from them in an hour. LOL
Old 11-16-2008, 02:50 PM #8
ghostcell

I sometimes get clicks that do not earn me any money, and other times I'll get clicks that earn me $3.00.
Old 11-16-2008, 05:01 PM #9
FalconMan281

FalconMan281 is a Supporting Member
FalconMan281 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostcell View Post
I sometimes get clicks that do not earn me any money, and other times I'll get clicks that earn me $3.00.
the ones you are not earning money on are probably cpm. which means you make money based on a 1000 impressions.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:07 PM #10
ghostcell

Yeah, at times I'll notice I earned money without any clicks.

I'm only $40 out of $100 though.

I knew a guy who made 7k a year off adsense alone.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:46 PM #11
PbGoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostcell View Post
Yeah, at times I'll notice I earned money without any clicks.

I'm only $40 out of $100 though.

I knew a guy who made 7k a year off adsense alone.
It is a start! The more you give your visitors the more money you will make.

I believe you have a forum, try different ad types and placements within your forum. Make new forum section where you can add a lot of content for your readers to read on a daily basis.

My friend who runs a forum for his Cybernations Alliance currently makes about $150 a month with Adsense. His alliance has over 300 members when I last spoke to him about it several months ago.