Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2012, 08:49 PM #1
kwai

tell me why you love and hate tippmann marker

this for all tippmann marker even the crossover. this aint hate mail just true fact about tippmann marker. they was good for there time only.
i'm a guy that just trying to make the company better cause i'm a fan. so dont hate on me. i'm spending money on these item and i'm upset.
this came from all people that own tippmann or did. i play with 1000 plus woodsball player in michigan these are the thing they say too. just to let you know too. i went to 5 tippmann dealer and they will not recommend the x7 phenom or crossover for the price. i aint a noob. i use tippmann for 10 plus year now. just wish they will come with something better. not junk.

i know tippmann owner, tippmann loyal fan, and tippmann worker that on this forum going to hate this but this need to be say. if you dont like what i say. then make better marker tippmann. i will put this on all paintball forum until you do.

only good thing about tippmann is the body kit mod. if it wasnt for that i wouldnt even own a tippmann. as long as they been in business you think they will create better marker too. there they go with same bull**** every year. i'm not saying create one every year. improve it every 3 to 4 year i say.
everyone know about 98 and a5 not really much of difference since as long it was born.
if you going to jump into speedball marker. dont over price or make a better marker for the money cause there cheaper marker out there then crossover and around the same price range. for example: empire axe, mini, gog or smartpart, proto, bob long d4 or d3 etc. just about every speedball marker is better then that stupid crossover. only good thing about it is shoot mech,switch on the fly easy, and no marcoline. any one that bought a crosssover that i know wish they can return it or cant wait get rid of it. i hear it all over forum that the crossover sucks.

the x7 phenom for $400 all it do is break paint beside on single shot. any paintball marker can single shot and dont break paint. when is tippmann going to make a full auto or 3 burst marker that wont break paint and without upgrade it to not break paint. plus without buying the most expense paintball all of time. we all aint rich you know.

UGRADE tippmann need to do: this what i expert from tippmann for as long they been in the paintball business.
new body kit. like p90, aug, etc something without cutting my marker down.
add on/off asa and gauge. something like empire.
longer clip for tipx like 25round
add eyes on all marker-have the option like gog or smartpart. something like crossover on a a5 or phenom.
just give you egrip without buying.
change cyclone system. cause techt sucks.**** techt or have option of feedneck and cyclone without buying it.
create a gauge looking marker. double barrel if possible.

ALL UPGRADE YOU SHOULD AVOID: DO TO PRICE AND WONT HELP
avoid do to price. techt cyclone mod-there cheaper cyclone mod out there for cheaper. look down i got link for it.
avoid do to price. techt zero kick for a5,x7,98 just a waste of money. does give less kick but you will have more problem with then stock.
avoid the fang trigger too. doesnt work better then killjoy double trigger.
avoid the any flatline barrel for all tippmann they dont shoot straight one bit. best barrel are hammerhead or carbon fiber barrel
avoid apex barrel too. just a better flatline type of barrel. it do curve but when you set to shoot straight it wont.
all metal internal help out only if you plan to shoot higher bps but not with the cyclone system. with bt rip clip mod or (new product and it is in back order) python feedneck mod.

PERFORMANCE AND CONSISTENCY OF TIPPMANN DONT COMPARE TO WOODSBALL MARKER OF TODAY FOR THE PRICE.

why cant tippmann be more like empire and gog. i like gog cause you got the option put eyes in. just cause tippmann lost ben tippmann doesnt mean they live off his name only.

tell me why you hate and love about tippmann.
what tippmann should be upgrading.
tell me more gun mod. without cutting down.

the more people answer this. maybe they just might make a change.

this is for all you noob in case you decide to buy tippmann. most people will recommend tippmann cause they work for tippmann or are tippmann dealer i will not recommend buying x7 phenom or crossover for the price they suck.

i went through all techt and aftermarket metal ratchet upgrade. just a waste of money. i really hate the cyclone feed system period. only good thing about the cyclone it mechincal

then i went through the bt rip clip upgrade. good not to bad. only when you on your last 5 balls you get chop do to it need ball pressure to stay in place.
so refill it before it go less then 20 balls. bad thing about rip clip is. you got to mod it and can never go back to cyclone system.

best is python feedneck the way they make it. it was perfect. they fall down like a swirl bubble gun machine. plus no mod to put it on and it still all mechincal if you use gravity hopper.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Rec-zhR4XQ

these are all your option and price

techt mod with squishy paddles-$109
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Techt-Comple...em33787e cd89

aftermarket g7 metal ratchet with piston housing-$25
http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Cyclone-...em4d048d 00c8
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Paintball-Cy...em4d046d 21c0

bt rip clip mod-$110 with flasc adapter
http://www.tippmannparts.com/Flasc-A...ter-p/2528.htm
http://www.tippmannparts.com/BT-Rip-...uns-p/6083.htm

python feedneck-$69
http://www.tippmannparts.com/Python-...eck-p/3276.htm

if you havent try empire bt marker or gog(aka smartpart) marker dont say tippmann better. i think just for the overall price for what you getting empire and gog are better. i like tiberius arms and rap4 but they are limit to round and just expense for noob to use. rap4 do got a lot of mag fed problem. tippmann are great when you buy used cause more of the time you get a lot stuff but if you buy new not worth the money.

Last edited by kwai : 09-18-2012 at 12:09 AM.
kwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-14-2012, 11:55 PM #2
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VI
Rubbr Chickin is playing at Living Legends VII
Rubbr Chickin supports Ninja Paintball
Rubbr Chickin supports Empire
Take your hate mail elsewhere.
Rubbr Chickin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:00 AM #3
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

By the way, Tippmanns are fine stock. I use a stock Model 98 and have no issies and couldnt be happier.

Tippmann provides durable markers to last years, not speedball crap that fanboys constantly update. They are built to last, which is why they are simple. The lack of body designs are why they are cheap.

By the way, you arent required to buy TechT upgrades. They are a different company and are an option, and arent nessecary but help.
Old 09-15-2012, 03:05 AM #4
mjfraasch

mjfraasch owns a Planet Eclipse Etek
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VI
mjfraasch is attending Decay of Nations VII
mjfraasch supports Ninja Paintball
lol that was the most incoherent thing I read in awhile

Tippmanns are fine
mjfraasch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:20 PM #5
PBFreak875
IOT's Pet Canadian

PBFreak875 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
PBFreak875 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What I love about TIppmanns:

Price. They have markers for every price range and they're all good options.

Durability/Reliability. How many other markers can you lock in a closet for a decade, pull out and still work? My friends Model 98 survived a flood we had here a few years back.

Upgrades. You can do almost anything to them to make it your own. There are tons of options.

Customer service. Tippmann has some of the best CS in the business.

Quality. They're built like a brick ****house. Short of blowing it up you won't do much more than cosmetic damage. This is why they make amazing main guns, as well as rentals and loaners.

Simplicity. They're insanely easy to disassemble and clean. Anyone can do it. It's a straightforward design that almost always works.

What I don't like:

Weight. They can be a little bulky at times.

"Originally posted by Muff Muff: The best ideas always come in either dreams or while drunk."

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
PBFreak875 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:46 AM #6
Kirko017

Kirko017 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
Kirko017 posts videos on PbNation
Kirko017 is an NCPA player
If you want a speedball marker, I suggest you get a speedball marker. Tippmann makes woodsball/scenario markers. A marker that is built tough, lasts, and one that attracts and gets people into the game. Has been like that for years... The crossover was never meant to out preform all the markers designed with speedball as the key factor. It was made for people who wanted to remain in the woods/scenario with the old standard mech tippmann marker but also have the option to take this same marker into a more urban scenario area where more firepower is required and the game is faster paced, or on a speedball field for some fun and not have a bulky, heavy marker... Hence the name, crossover... Silly kid.
Kirko017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 04:05 AM #7
kwai

i guessing your those people that dont care for change or you work for tippmann. if you can read this aint hate mail just fact. please understand that. i 'm into woodsball i use tippmann for year. but change is good not bad.
i just helping noob what they need know before they keeping buying junk that all.

just cause i'm got guts to put it out there doesnt mean you got to hate on me.

the crossover is a speedball marker. it aint a scenario marker. it does not look like one so it a speedball. the crossover is just a name to make money that all.

Last edited by kwai : 09-17-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 06:57 AM #8
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
tonycon supports our troops
tonycon is Legendary
tonycon owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Let me start by saying I do not work for Tippmann or own any Tippmann markers any more...with that said...
Tippmann has been in business for a long time making quality products that are reliable and bring people to the sport. While the internals of the 98, A5 and X7 are relatively the same there are some subtle differences. The phenom is completely different from the others. I have not played with a crossover and probably won't but considering their past offerings from Tippmann it is pretty cool. To me it honestly sounds like you got a lemon x7 phenom, I would suggest getting in contact with tipppmann's customer service and have their legendary customer service help you out. The numerous 98's A5's and the one x7 I had all had their quirks...all of them had their favorite types of paint as well...as do the high end markers in my sig. If you are that dissatisfied with the Tippmann marker, sell it and get something different. Coming on the nation...in the Tippmann sub forum and typing an incoherent rant and accusing anyone that has a different opinion than you a "fanboy" or "employee of Tippmann" really isn't going to get you anywhere...but that's my opinion.

Proudly Sponsored By: Valken Paintball

KnuckleHeads Paintball Team
Game footage
tonycon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM #9
kwai

say what you say. if you dont own one anymore. dont talk. no it aint a lemon x7 phenom. my team all own x7 phenom not one shot full auto without breaking paint. i know what i'm talking bout. plus i buy and sell use tippmann all of time. trust me i know. i tested over 200 tippmann marker. 98,custom,pro,a5,x7,x7 phenom, crossover, even with all the upgrade. i try every upgrade ever make. i spend countless hour and hours to find a way not to make it break paint. they all do. try plenty of x7 phenom out still the same crack. they should add the crossover into the phenom like eyes and yes i know the flex valve is in both marker. i will say it. i use to be a tippmann dealer myself. when they first came out with a5 back in 2002 it was good. by now you think they will be better. i been playing woodsball for over 10 plus year and tippmann just as long. realize they never going to created a good marker. first of all customer want marker that dont break paintball in all firing mode.
i got year of experience when it come to tippmann marker. only good thing anyone ever say about tippmann is they last long but all paintball marker like long. this is just aint my words coming out. this is all tippmann dealer saying this too just not in the opening cause they selling tippmann.

create a a5 and phenom with eyes and mech mode option to turn off eyes like crossover to shoot without a battery. i want woodsball with crossover build in. why do i got waste hundred of dollars to make it look like a

Last edited by kwai : 09-17-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:21 AM #10
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Youre buying the wrong type of paint. Tippmanns in general are rough on paint. Stop buying brittle shelled paint and buy rec stuff.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:54 AM #11
kwai

if you read earlier i cover the paint part. should it really matter what kind of paintball you buy. i shoot plenty of marker that dont break on rec stuff and on full auto. i can shoot at least 3 to 4 case of paint on rec stuff on gog, empire bt and other marker without breaking paint. paint aint the problem just the marker. good marker will shoot on all paint. the way you put it tippmann not a good marker. plus like i say if you read before not everyone rich to buy expense paintball. how else do you think you going to get people keep play paintball. a lot of people i play with are changing to airsoft for this reason and i play with over 1000 of player but at the same time it drop hundread of player. we like the scenario marker and where we play you are allow full auto up to 15bps. so from time to time i switch to that. on top that aint like i want to buy $70 paint shooting all of time. i play 3 time a week spend $70 on a box buy two a week that $140. i will rather use cheap paintball spend about $30 shoot them 3 to 5 time. we play time woodsball game not that crack camping ****. 10 min limit. i hate being that guy cleaning my barrel and getting shot. yes i got cover fire to but at same time about two to 3 of us are clean our barrel at the same time. i going to stick to what i believe and see all of time. like i say before i aint the only one with this problem.

Last edited by kwai : 09-17-2012 at 10:15 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 01:37 PM #12
ChesterMolester
i hate this username

ChesterMolester posts videos on PbNation
ChesterMolester is an NCPA player
ChesterMolester plays in the APPA beginner division
ChesterMolester has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
came for lulz

and all i got was a bunch of tl;dr

Tippmann's do what they're supposed to do. That's that.

How A Cyclone Works

"Originally posted by Rubbr Chickin: Everything is worth it. Unless it isnt. Then its not worth it."
ChesterMolester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:06 PM #13
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

tonycon is Legendary
Damn this dude is angry! Buy a better gun then...

Game footage
Old 09-17-2012, 03:12 PM #14
Rubbr Chickin
Professional Eye Poker

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai View Post
if you read earlier i cover the paint part. should it really matter what kind of paintball you buy. i shoot plenty of marker that dont break on rec stuff and on full auto. i can shoot at least 3 to 4 case of paint on rec stuff on gog, empire bt and other marker without breaking paint. paint aint the problem just the marker. good marker will shoot on all paint. the way you put it tippmann not a good marker. plus like i say if you read before not everyone rich to buy expense paintball. how else do you think you going to get people keep play paintball. a lot of people i play with are changing to airsoft for this reason and i play with over 1000 of player but at the same time it drop hundread of player. we like the scenario marker and where we play you are allow full auto up to 15bps. so from time to time i switch to that. on top that aint like i want to expense paint shooting all of time. i play 3 time a week spend $70 on a box buy two a week that $140. i will rather use cheap paintball spend about $30 shoot them 3 to 5 time. we play time woodsball game not that crack camping ****. 10 min limit. i hate being that guy cleaning my barrel and getting shot. yes i got cover fire to but at same time about two to 3 of us are clean our barrel at the same time. i going to stick to what i believe and see all of time. like is i say before i aint the only one with this problem.
Its a rec ball gun, you buy rec ball paint. Is the concept that hard to grasp?

I play with 8 or so guys and around 6 of use use Tippmanns, the rest high end Spyders. We have never had an issue with a Tippmann but always with a Spyder. And I dont know whether or not you are buying gold shelled paint, but either talk to your field owner for a discount on paint or ask them to allow you to bring your own. I spend $45 a weekend outing on Cryptic or Spectrum paint and have yet to have an issue with paint breaking (which does happen) and being unable to shoot.

I am sure Tippmann will apologize for not having their near perfect recball/ woodball markers not stand up to your crappy expectations of a $100-$400 marker.

Plus, re-reading your post for about the 8th time because your spelling is horrendous, you claim to be a loyal Tippmann owner. Loyal Tippmann owners dont ***** and whine about their products.
Old 09-17-2012, 05:02 PM #15
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

tonycon is Legendary
Let him be...he's trying to troll...no one listens to him anyway with his bad advice in other threads...not worth the time.

Game footage
Old 09-17-2012, 05:34 PM #16
fernando8877
NorCal by Birth!

fernando8877 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
fernando8877 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
fernando8877 supports our troops
fernando8877 supports Ninja Paintball
Man! This dude needs to shut up. I love Tippmann markers, gone through 10 or 12 of them over the years. Never had an issue that couldn't be fixed at the field. This guy has no clue what he's talking about.........
Old 09-17-2012, 07:18 PM #17
kwai

all you guy can all suck on this. cause you just work for tippmann. all my advice help people out. cause i try it all. i get straight to the point what is junk. most upgrade are junk. there really aint no point of upgrade cause it wont help. it just tippmann collect there share of the money. i just telling people not to do my mistake and my team mistake with these stupid upgrade that wont help and just cost them money. even the next guy want a better asa. there will be more people talking bout this soon. i dont need do ****. i will put tippmann down until they create something good not average for the price they pricing there marker.
i will recommend empire or gog, spyder, and other marker for the price you paying.

if there marker are good i dont see them give you life time warranty on marker. i dont need to shut up. i will just get louder.

Last edited by kwai : 09-17-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:37 PM #18
tonycon
Knuckleheads Paintball

tonycon is Legendary
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwai
all you guy can all suck on this. cause you just work for tippmann..
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Game footage
Old 09-17-2012, 07:44 PM #19
kwai

you guy are just mad casue this is all true about tippmann marker. tippmann marker was good like 5 year ago but not now. why will i need to buy a better marker if i spend $400 or more on a tippmann. that aint good enough or something. like i say not worth it anymore just a waste of money.

Last edited by kwai : 09-17-2012 at 07:49 PM.
Old 09-17-2012, 07:55 PM #20
pbkingofok28

Damn, this guy is one angry dude! Stop ranting and take some meds, calm down! If you don't like tippmann, buy something else....enough said.
pbkingofok28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:22 PM #21
kwai

i'm doing this cause noob told me too. cant a guy put some inform out for them. where they can get all the rite inform in one place. i got a bunch of noob that are piss and no it aint me. they just using my account to do this.