Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 07-24-2010, 08:25 PM #1
stvlo

VM-68 Parts

I am trying to get back into the paintball scene and I figured I would look up what my dad's oldest marker was. Turns out it's a Sheridan VM-68 and I would kind of like to get it working well again and possibly modify it a little bit. Can anyone point me in the direction of where to get replacement and aftermarket parts for a VM-68? Specifically an expansion chamber for it. I found the sticky but all of those links are dead except a couple, and they didn't list any parts for sale.
stvlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 07-25-2010, 09:19 AM #2
Pyrate Jim

has been a member for 10 years

That comic is 8 years old.
Even back then they were making jokes about finding VM parts...
PTI #2691 ~ C1, C2, C5, C5a, C6
http://www.paintball-pti.com/
Pyrate Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 01:58 AM #3
DocsMachine
Yeah, I can make that.

Okay, the VM's been basically obsolete for a decade. On the other hand, they're even more indestructible than a Tippmann 98, so chances are you'll need very little by way of actual parts to get it going.

The two things to look at will be the hammer O-ring, and the ball detent. The detent is a tricky one, as replacements basically don't exist. If yours still springs back to straight when the bolt is pulled back, you're doing okay. If the fingers stay bent forward, or worse, are cracking or have broken off entirely, you're in trouble.

I've fabbed some from sheet stock on occasion, if it comes down to that.

other than that, if all the O-rings are in good shape, all it'll need is some lube and a full CO2 tank.

As for upgrades, again, you're kinda out of luck. There's heaps of them still out there on the used market, but you're going to have to ask around. Nobody bothers listing them because people are so rarely in the market for them.

Barrels are one of your easiest bets- they're out there, and sell for dirt cheap. But again, you'll have to ask. To toot my own horn for the moment, I have Freak backs for the VM in my store (link in sig below.) With that, you can use any Freak insert and tip and make whatever barrel you want.

Ask around, you might be surprised what's out there.

Doc.
(Confusing the hell out of nonplayers every Monday, Wednesday and Friday since 2002.)
NEW, too! The Definitive Guide to Paintball in the Movies!
DocsMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 AM #4
jerky bob

jerky bob supports Cereal Killerz 2
jerky bob donated to help Peyton Trent
jerky bob supports our troops
jerky bob supports DLX Technology
VM-68 Parts

There are a few places that still carry some parts. Ron from Action Sports Paintball is one. Also you see quite a few parts and VM's for sale on ebay and other websites. On ebay, just type in sheridan paintball and you will get a host of markers/parts. You can also try mcarterbrown in their forum for parts. Hardest part to find will be the detent. There is a trick of making one out of an "O" ring or if you have a complete one, fab one yourself from some rubber stock. Good luck in your parts search!!!
jerky bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 09:08 AM #5
infamoussmiley
Infamoussmiley

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocsMachine View Post

Okay, the VM's been basically obsolete for a decade. On the other hand, they're even more indestructible than a Tippmann 98, so chances are you'll need very little by way of actual parts to get it going.

The two things to look at will be the hammer O-ring, and the ball detent. The detent is a tricky one, as replacements basically don't exist. If yours still springs back to straight when the bolt is pulled back, you're doing okay. If the fingers stay bent forward, or worse, are cracking or have broken off entirely, you're in trouble.

I've fabbed some from sheet stock on occasion, if it comes down to that.

other than that, if all the O-rings are in good shape, all it'll need is some lube and a full CO2 tank.

As for upgrades, again, you're kinda out of luck. There's heaps of them still out there on the used market, but you're going to have to ask around. Nobody bothers listing them because people are so rarely in the market for them.

Barrels are one of your easiest bets- they're out there, and sell for dirt cheap. But again, you'll have to ask. To toot my own horn for the moment, I have Freak backs for the VM in my store (link in sig below.) With that, you can use any Freak insert and tip and make whatever barrel you want.

Ask around, you might be surprised what's out there.

Doc.

Would you by chance be listing any freak backs for the VM on ebay?

Smiley
infamoussmiley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2010, 07:03 PM #6
cranbushball

cranbushball is for the Gunfight
good luck ive bin working on my vm 68 for years man
all ive got
was a bigshot barrel,ball dent,main springs,and a O ring set(it was hard to find)
and Right and left Trigger Rail
cranbushball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 09:50 PM #7
Drix

I saw this thread parusing through the forums and thought I'd comment up. I was at PTP's shop in Maine on last friday and Forest showed me a box of stuff that he said were "VM parts" I don't know what exactally he's got because I've never seen/owned a VM but it's worth a look- HOWEVER, Forest is out of town until early next week.
'03 Dye Matrix /w X93 bolt
'01 Shocker Sport Turbo /w old school Maxflo 4500
Drix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2011, 05:05 PM #8
Jaan
Corn Flakes Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drix View Post
I saw this thread parusing through the forums and thought I'd comment up. I was at PTP's shop in Maine on last friday and Forest showed me a box of stuff that he said were "VM parts" I don't know what exactally he's got because I've never seen/owned a VM but it's worth a look- HOWEVER, Forest is out of town until early next week.
Sorry to resurrect and old post, but I ran across this on Google...

Pro Team Products still has new Armson barrels for the VM in stock.
~~Woodsballers Anonymous Club #8~~
I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do.
When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods,
you will understand why I dismiss yours.
Jaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:16 AM #9
Ditchpig1
ApocNvp

I just dug one of my old VM's out, screwed a tank on her. After a couple "farts" she barked to life! Great gun. Good luck w/ the hunt.
Ditchpig1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 08:24 PM #10
o5pr3y
I hate my Username

o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
KNow it's a super old post but I thought I'd post anyway. Might help with future reference,

I've been working on fixing up an old VM i got in a huge gearbag sale and called Palmer's Pursuit Shop. They said they still have plenty of old VM-68 parts. I lucked out as all I need is a screw.
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 11:35 AM #11
~afu~nomore

Just joined and is my first post. Im 45 and I just started playing last year. A friend gave me a 1992 sheidan vm68 to try and that was it for me. I weighs a ton but it works. So of course I went out and bought a little upgrade. picked up a shocker sft. Worked great the first time out but last week it had problems. Luckily I had the sheridan in my trunk. It saved the day.
~afu~nomore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2011, 08:29 PM #12
o5pr3y
I hate my Username

o5pr3y plays in the PSP
o5pr3y has achieved Level 6 in PbNation Pursuit
o5pr3y is Legendary
o5pr3y is Boss
That sucks about the SFT. The Shocker forum is probably one of the nicest and most informative forums on this site. I'm sure they help you fix that.
o5pr3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:52 PM #13
XILED
Kash is King

just got a whole bunch vm parts pm what you need,orings,ball detents
XILED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:40 PM #14
chapel
The Heavy

I just dug my old VM out. I want to get it working again. It's bone stock.
I was thinking of doing some custom work on it. figure all I need is a good drill and some 1/8" NPT taps and I can start making parts.

Ron @ ASP has some stuff on ebay right now. a bottom line and a rear tank setup. I was thinking of getting the bottom line setup. Is it possible to use an ASA mounted 'vertical' expansion chamber in a horizontal position?

I also wanted to run HPA on a remote. How do the VMs handle that?

My major concern right now is the O-rings on the bolt and the bolt itself... I'm pretty sure it's a stock bolt. I've been trying to find a star or venturi bolt for it, but coming up blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by o5pr3y View Post
KNow it's a super old post but I thought I'd post anyway. Might help with future reference,

I've been working on fixing up an old VM i got in a huge gearbag sale and called Palmer's Pursuit Shop. They said they still have plenty of old VM-68 parts. I lucked out as all I need is a screw.
What kind of parts did you get?

Quote:
Originally Posted by XILED View Post
Can you email me? chapel976 at gmail
chapel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 07:50 PM #15
RemyAble

Xiled. If you still have any of those vm parts, let me know. I just got my hands on a vm68 and would like to fix er up.

Remy
RemyAble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 01:20 AM #16
VMTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by XILED View Post
Do you still have any VM parts available? How do I get in touch with you?

Thanks.
VMTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:07 PM #17
trucker den

anyone know where i can get a black rain ec. i have a terrorist on there now. im my old vm up and runnin for my kid. after 15 years of sitting got some air and o rings. it fired right up. im stoked to get the pb bug again.
trucker den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2013, 03:38 PM #18
MugtownFL

Vm

Would like to sale my VM
MugtownFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:02 PM #19
brokeass_baller

Go to M.Carter Brown. You'll get a buyer real fast there.
brokeass_baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 05:45 PM #20
trracer60

anyone have a black rain for a VM they're looking to get rid off?
trracer60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 02:26 AM #21
Revpls

Baccipaintball was a nice help and has some used part for VM
http://www.proteamdirect.com/vm68parts.html they sell on Ebay
Great information here http://www.vm68.com/
Revpls is offline   Reply With Quote