PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 06-19-2003, 01:11 AM #1
TheJungle

whats so good about Mags

They look cool in all but whats os good about them?

whats the diff between the emag and the impulse?
whats with the mags i wanna know wahts so specail!!!!!
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-19-2003, 02:02 AM #2
Speedball Bum

LOL But seriously r u trying to get baned I saw your other threads and posts too. O and Mags are very durable
Old 06-19-2003, 04:28 AM #3
CoRKY

Quote:
Originally posted by BigCocka69
NOTHING THEY ****ING SUCK
whatever you do, dont listen to a noob, like this fool, that has no idea about anything in paintball...

Mags are probably the best built gun around, i mean they are very durable and so simple to fix. Not to mention you get the lvl-10 upgrade and they will never EVER chop paint, if you chop paint its because its not set right. They also have the fastest re-charging value around wich means no shoot down at all. I own a Eblade cocker and a x-mag, and i have to say that i love them both for diffrent reason. If you like a gun that you dont have to tinker with just turn it on and go the mag is 1 for you, get the x-mag it comes with ace and lvl-10 you will never chop a ball again. if you want better info though i suggest go to www.automags.org
p.s. dont pay attention to people that dawg the mag, most likely these noobs belive everything they hear and only own some low class gun, and they beleive what there shop tells them or what they herd from someone, these people make me lauph they have zero knowlege of the sport..
Old 06-19-2003, 10:13 AM #4
TheJungle

man grow up
you don;t have to talk bad about people just because they don;t know about markers
who the **** is gunna waan paintball with jerks like u?

i got a jt 5.0 and some upgrades done to it
it shoots pretty good for what i need
so =-P my low-class gun is worth more then your $.02
Old 06-19-2003, 01:14 PM #5
Chowda
Proud Cheater

has been a member for 10 years
The dude deserved it...people who think mags suck are either quite retarded or just jealous of how awesome mags are starting to become.
While in the process of this bizarre ritual, I inquired as to the box's contents. "Oh yeah...that??? Uh...nitroglycerin." Panicked, I instantly and deftly heaved the cigarette I was smoking into the kitchen sink and continued the job.
-R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Trader feedback
2k2 intimidator F/T!
Old 06-19-2003, 01:20 PM #6
e blade

starting
Old 06-19-2003, 10:27 PM #7
akaAssasyn

mags need few upgrades to make them run perfectly. lots of aftermarket stuff only make the marker worse. ULE, x-valve and barrel upgrade and you've got the perfect marker to go up against anything costing lots more. and the ULE is optional for wieght and looks.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:00 AM #8
Chowda
Proud Cheater

Quote:
Originally posted by e blade
starting
Bingo, I'm not afraid to admit as a mag owner that a stock mag can't compete in a hardcore tourney, but a souped up mag can. Anyways, who shoots anything completely stock?
Old 06-20-2003, 12:55 AM #9
pyrodragon

pyrodragon has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
What makes the mags so great? because the owner of Air Gun Design, Tom Kaye (if you didn't know his name), has spent time in the lab developing the first mag. the team at Airgun Design spend months on end just developing their guns to near perfection. plus on top of that the Airgun Design team is the most helpful when a problem occurs. look at the valves out there. they have stars on the side so u can send them in repair. most mags never see a star remove. mags are good for those that don't understand how cockers and electros work. they are just a good gun straight out of the box.
Old 06-20-2003, 01:42 AM #10
Chowda
Proud Cheater

totally agreed. It's also the coustomer service that makes mags so good. If I had to make a list:

-Compact
-Fast as heck
-Easy to maintenance and troubleshoot (rare as it is)
-Upgradeable
-Great consistency right out of the box
-Quiet (but not as quiet as cockers and trixes)
-Good looking
-Great customer service and support

This is in answer to the first question.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:47 AM #11
TheJungle

so were can i get a mag
and how much are they used?
whats the best one and y?
whats hte best one for the price?
i want to by a cocker but if i cna find somthing that is way cooler and easier for me then heck yea i will get a mag
ty
Old 06-20-2003, 12:14 PM #12
Chowda
Proud Cheater

The only things a cocker has over a mag is customizability and effeciency. Mags are way easier, and they don't need hundreds of dollars worth of upgrades to shoot great. The best bang for your buck would be a used e-mag-they usually go for about $600. If you don't want to spend that much, a used RT-pro will go for about $350. If you just want a semi-upgraded classic, they cost about $250-$275. The best website to find these is www.automags.org
Old 06-20-2003, 05:49 PM #13
ProX9
I dont get it

i dont know but the only fast mag ive ever seen was on full auto not semi so if they are fast thats great but if they cant be shot fast on semi then who cares. people saying cockers are a lot maintenence dont know what they are talking about my stock 2k2 cocker except for barrel for 1 year needed no maintenence i didnt change 1 o ring and now it has been 2 years and it is upgraded and still havent had timing slip except you have to retime when you upgrade trigger related parts. not one oring replaced inside gun. also some people think timing is hard LOL i did it in 10 minutes on my firends gun and it works perfectly. i dont see any advantages in a mag at all. they are outdated, loud,and heavy now who wants that.

Originally posted by NotMaxpowOrDarshSauc
Never... thats the most liberal idea I've ever heard, it actually made me gag and look around for the closest gun
Old 06-20-2003, 05:54 PM #14
ProX9
I dont get it

the person who said you have to spend hundreds of dollars to make a cocker shoot great, lol. my stock cocker with new barrel and revy shot great. some say you short stroke a lot i only did like twice in a year with stock pnuematics and frame and it shot really fast and quietly.

Never... thats the most liberal idea I've ever heard, it actually made me gag and look around for the closest gun
Old 06-20-2003, 06:08 PM #15
dahoeb
Hail to the chief, baby.

classic 'mag pros over 03'cockers:
won't chop EVER with LX
faster operation, but ROF is pretty close
very simple/reliability
ease of maintainance
and is very consistent without upgrades.
doesn't need a lot of upgrades, LX and intelliframe and youre set.
with a good paint/barrel match, i get very excellent accuracy, but that can apply for most guns though
some people like the snappier trigger (me)
very small
great customer support

03' cocker pros over classic mag:
look nicer (to some people at least)'
much more upgradeable
ROF is about equal with a hinge
with upgrades (and a paint/barrel match) can be very accurate.
some people like the smoother trigger
once timed and set, you don't have to worry much.
good customer support also

all in all, they're both very good guns, if you like snappy triggers and not spending $ to customizing so much get a mag, if you like customizing and smooth triggers, get a cocker, thats all there is too it between both. that closed bolt mumbo jumbo is just garbage, it doesn't make a difference, go to warpig.com and look at the tests, and i'm also talking from personal experience both are almost interhcangeable guns and whether you hate or like one is all preference MOSTLY. i've shot a variety of both so i'm not just b*llsh****ing
Old 06-20-2003, 07:24 PM #16
ProX9
I dont get it

wtf is that? that aint true semi mode because no one can pull 21 bps with 1 finger ok if it uses turbo modes which are illegal to use at fields it isnt full auto but it still isnt allowed anywhere but good effort trying to back up mags though. go to the aka threads sticky section and watch the videos those are true semi modes and people walking the trigger with 2 fingers. oh and intelliframe and lvl 10 bolt is like more 200 dollars together so dont say its totally cheap to make a mag really nice. also mags are loud as f**k you didnt post that as a advantage a cocker has over a mag and anyways no mag will be as good a viking with new board that comes stock i dont think a cocker compares to the viking in effieciency rof and value for the money. the viking doesnt need any upgrades to the gun besides a 20 dollar eye kit so it will ever chop.... ever. lvl 10 kit cost like 75 bux

Last edited by ProX9 : 06-20-2003 at 07:36 PM.
Old 06-20-2003, 10:39 PM #17
ProX9
I dont get it

21 bps is extremely hard to get with a top of the line electro walking the trigger. you cannot get 21 bps on a mechanical marker with one finger.

Old 06-20-2003, 10:42 PM #18
ProX9
I dont get it

does that mag have like a response trigger? that pushes trigger back after firing and i would have to say that is a little too consistent for semi its rof doesnt even change.

Old 06-20-2003, 11:07 PM #19
banzaimf

Quote:
Originally posted by ProX9
does that mag have like a response trigger? that pushes trigger back after firing and i would have to say that is a little too consistent for semi its rof doesnt even change.
'RT 21 bps Confirmed'
I'll give you 3 guesses what RT stands for.... btw, this is a thread about what is great about mags, not your stock cocker.
Old 06-21-2003, 01:30 AM #20
CoRKY

prox9 u must have never shot a mag... mags actually have that fast recharging value of any gun out there, and can easily hit 25bps without any shootdown and that has been CONFIRMED by many people. i own a e-blade and i also own a x-mag. Il get video showing u how fast my x-mag can shot, it puts my eblade to shame. i have the trigger set so light i can actualy get a strw and blow air on the trigger and it will actually start going full auto, il get video up soon with that. They have a video on automags.org showing its possible and actually easy to do. It was posted by havoc_online useing the famous x-kitty... also that butter.org vid u saw is true and legit. yes the rt value have reactive triggers thats what makes them shoot so fast. and no if u hold the trigger down it will not go full auto do to the reactive trigger. The guy in the vid is really doing in... i agree with u that cockers dont need much maintence, but i can tell you a mag is alot easier to take care of then a cocker, and thats from experience.
Old 06-21-2003, 02:44 AM #21
Chowda
Proud Cheater

LMAO, mags are louder than cockers, but they are certainly not loud. They are also not outdated, lighter than cockers (yes, they are), and better out of the box (assuming you have a barrel and air adapter). Let's not let this turn into a mags versus cockers thing, though.
While in the process of this bizarre ritual, I inquired as to the box's contents. "Oh yeah...that??? Uh...nitroglycerin." Panicked, I instantly and deftly heaved the cigarette I was smoking into the kitchen sink and continued the job.
-R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

Trader feedback
2k2 intimidator F/T!