Community Focus
Community Focus

Archived Thread - Cannot Edit  
Old 08-17-2004, 02:30 PM #1
Suburban
Suburban Paintball

has been a member for 10 years
Change

Anyone here think that something has happened to this country? Something horrible? No matter how crazy it sounds, the corperations have taken over. THe government is corrupt, and the rich are getting richer while to poor are getting poorer. All this is happening while the majority of Americans sit back and watch tv, which is contaminated with pro-government retoric. And you wonder why the rest of the world thinks we are fat greedy slobs? Hrmmm...

Things need to change. Now.

Inform yourself. Inform others. Take Action.

Start here.

www.gnn.tv
http://www.voiceyourself.com
http://globalhumanrevolution.org

"Turn on to politics, or politics will turn on you. "
Ralph Nader
(Like it is doing right now)
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln Source: First Inaugural Address

Feedback (+3)
CCM Adjustabel Feednecks
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 08-17-2004, 02:49 PM #2
Brewmaster

Am I the only one that sees the irony between your post and your sig?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:03 PM #3
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

SlingerXL is a Supporting Member
Yes.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:09 PM #4
Brewmaster

Ehhh the @$$hat edited his signature. It had a quote about not taking life too seriously.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:11 PM #5
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

asshat isn't filtered.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:22 PM #6
Brewmaster

Neither is @$$hat.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:24 PM #7
Suburban
Suburban Paintball

My views on life are constantly changing, I now realize the need for change. There is no reason why those rich bastards should hog all the money and filter what we see. There is no reason why hemp should not be legalized:
"Industrial hemp has 25,000 uses ranging from construction material to paper to clothing, but smoking it to get stoned is not among them"
-http://www.hemptech.com/cgi-bin/hempNEWsmaker/home.cgi?read=314

Why is it that we have a two party system? There is no way that two parties can entail all the beliefs of the people.

This country was founded with a "government of the people, by the people and for the people"
What the hell happened to that?
"This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it, or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it." Abraham Lincoln Source: First Inaugural Address

Feedback (+3)
CCM Adjustabel Feednecks
Old 08-17-2004, 03:26 PM #8
Brewmaster

You're just copy/pasting, aren't you?
Old 08-17-2004, 03:28 PM #9
Suburban
Suburban Paintball

I am collecting some facts. Hey, if you dont have anything important to contribute, then please, stop spamming my thread.

Feedback (+3)
CCM Adjustabel Feednecks
Old 08-17-2004, 03:31 PM #10
Brewmaster

I can't find anything more important than your propaganda websites right now, but I'll keep looking.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:14 PM #11
Tiny

I agree, we are lsoing ourselves, but it will take an awakening of teh numb public to make any kind of change, and that will not happen. Most people are content to watch TV and go about menial tasks and never quesiton authority. So you and I are a couple of voice in a large crowd of silenced people.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:30 PM #12
Suburban
Suburban Paintball

Right on Tiny.

Feedback (+3)
CCM Adjustabel Feednecks
Old 08-17-2004, 05:06 PM #13
DirtyDrake

http://www.mrc.org/cyberalerts/2004/cyb20040816.asp#1

settle down chicken little the sky is not falling. You have to have some perspective, read the info at this link you will find in most interesting.
Old 08-17-2004, 05:51 PM #14
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

Be thankful you don't live in Denmark. Income tax STARTS at 42%.
Old 08-18-2004, 12:45 AM #15
bern

I agree with the threadstarter, the coporations have taken over. the world is in a horrible state and noone seems to care. the problem is capitalism. it is a disease on this planet and humanity. it enables some people to live richly by exploiting millions. your right it is time for a change. add this to your links.

http://infoshop.org/
Old 08-18-2004, 09:15 AM #16
Brewmaster

Or perhaps the poor are the diseased ones....
Old 08-18-2004, 10:05 AM #17
DirtyDrake

what is this hostility towards productive people? Would you prefer we all lived back like we did in the 1880s where your life expectancy was only 50-60 years old. Where people had to raise livestock and grow their own food or else starve to death. Where the medical profession was in the dark ages and when you got sick it was usually a death sentence. Capitalism = progress which is a good for mankind.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:11 AM #18
Brewmaster

Who would give the poor people a free ride if there were no rich people to overtax?
Old 08-18-2004, 10:14 AM #19
elTwitcho

Rampant capitalism does not increase the standard of living for everyone, to say so is dishonest and diluted. All you have to do is look back to England at the turn of the last century to see the ill effects of a society where the rich control all the wealth and the poor are well, poor. For capitalism to work the income gap has to be kept in check, not so much so that we live in a classless society (because that is communism and it isn't workable) but enough that when the nation becomes richer it means that the people of the nation become richer, not just the top 1%. Ultimately it's bad for the economy to just have the rich people having all the money because the economy will die off without consumers (which are for the most part the middle class) having money to spend.

Capitalism is a great system, it's the best one available without a doubt, but unless it is kept in check and the wealth is distributed it will ultimately lead to lower standards of living and quality of life for everyone.
Because of small cock
Old 08-18-2004, 10:19 AM #20
Brewmaster

I say we cut off aid and let Darwinism rid us of the unproductive.....
Old 08-18-2004, 11:02 AM #21
SlingerXL
Stands to reason

During the reign of Louis XIV, Sun King, in France, he wanted to gain full control over France in an absolute monarchy which he accomplished quite ingeniously by creating a huge castle with tons of stupid rules, like, before entering a room with a closed door, you had to do something like knock first with your pinky then scratch at it with your thumb. In order to live at this lavish castle, the Parliament had to follow all the rules all day with no exceptions or be kicked out. Also, in order to keep them happy, he only taxed the middle and lower classes which kept the richest portion of the nation tax free. This only broadened the gap between the rich and the poor. The same thing happened in Russia to a greater extent before communism took over.

The conlcusion that can be drawn from this is:
Don't tax the rich enough = Communism.

And the commies are bad men.

Last edited by SlingerXL : 08-18-2004 at 11:43 AM.