Zipcode
PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 09-14-2012, 12:24 PM #22
Gackattack

Gackattack owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Not have been involved AM involved... I get it sir and have read all your post with an open mind. Look forward to someday shaking your hand and shop talking with you as you said...Here is an idea. If you think you have something to offer advise as Larry from GatSplat did I would be more than happy to sit down and read it. But ill be honest reading your comments so far has done nothing but push me harder to prove this field to everyone and blow up Wisconsin Paintball. And I do appreciate that. Fell free to give me a call sometime 920-257-9436 Thanks Chris
Gackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 09-15-2012, 08:27 AM #23
Pump Scout
New gun,old gun,whatever

Annual Supporting Member
Pump Scout is a Mega Moderator
Pump Scout is a Supporting Member
 has been a member for 10 years
Pump Scout owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek MG100
Pump Scout is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
FWIW, it might be a good idea to talk to some of the other field owners in Wisconsin as well. A large number of folks have been involved in field operations, and can give you some very helpful information as to what to expect from running a field in this state. In the WI forum, a member by the name of strstro left a very brief comment. He was involved in BFG in Germantown. Give a call to Apocalypse and talk to Nick Skaar, who ran Dedicated in Madison, as well as Dave there, who has owned Apoc for decades. Call Mike at Stalker. Talk to Miles at CMP in Milwaukee. Get in touch with Commando, Nelson, Siege, Dave's. These are all people who have run successful paintball business in Wisconsin, and either run or seriously considered running indoor operations. The only outfits on this list that haven't done an indoor are Stalker and Apocalypse. They're the longest standing fields in the state, they don't cater to the tournament crowd, and they are outdoor only. It's no coincidence. I'm not saying an indoor field in WI can't make it, but I am saying that the business model has to be VERY different. The tournament/team guys will not be able to keep your bills paid. I'd looked myself at running an indoor in Stevens Point, right at the crossroads of I39 and Hwy10. With what a building would cost me, I figured I'd need to run 600 players per month through the facility just to break even, and that was assuming my family would work for free. As much as I wanted to run a great indoor field, the numbers just didn't support doing it for me at the time.

I took a quick peek at your IP - if you're reasonably close to where I'm at, drop me a line, maybe we can get together sometime and chat. I always like to meet people involved in paintball locally.
Pump Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 PM #24
RenoIndoorPaintball

Forget PSP and NPPL leagues and formats as they both cater to traditional customers which are the worst customers you can have. Call the National Paintball League. Join their system of game and league play. Their league and game format attracts traditional sports customers and their parents - who BTW have money and want their kids to play sports.

Otherwise, go after renters only and the field will do just fine. Stay away from tournament players!
RenoIndoorPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:23 PM #25
Gackattack

Gackattack owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Appreciate your input. Have numbers crunched and we should talk. The thread gives the plan no justice. Contact me 920 257 9436 thanks chris
Gackattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 10:56 PM #26
Liquid Mercury

Been seeing you post this in all of the Wisconsin areas and as nice as it sounds, the people in here are right, airballers can't keep a field open. I was talking to a field owner today and he said he wanted to get rid of his airball field multiple times and replace it with another urban/woodsball type as it doesn't bring in enough people and it's more hassle than it's worth.
Liquid Mercury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 11:39 PM #27
HrdCorPntballa
Stud

HrdCorPntballa owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
HrdCorPntballa supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
FWIW, it might be a good idea to talk to some of the other field owners in Wisconsin as well. A large number of folks have been involved in field operations, and can give you some very helpful information as to what to expect from running a field in this state. In the WI forum, a member by the name of strstro left a very brief comment. He was involved in BFG in Germantown. Give a call to Apocalypse and talk to Nick Skaar, who ran Dedicated in Madison, as well as Dave there, who has owned Apoc for decades. Call Mike at Stalker. Talk to Miles at CMP in Milwaukee. Get in touch with Commando, Nelson, Siege, Dave's. These are all people who have run successful paintball business in Wisconsin, and either run or seriously considered running indoor operations. The only outfits on this list that haven't done an indoor are Stalker and Apocalypse. They're the longest standing fields in the state, they don't cater to the tournament crowd, and they are outdoor only. It's no coincidence. I'm not saying an indoor field in WI can't make it, but I am saying that the business model has to be VERY different. The tournament/team guys will not be able to keep your bills paid. I'd looked myself at running an indoor in Stevens Point, right at the crossroads of I39 and Hwy10. With what a building would cost me, I figured I'd need to run 600 players per month through the facility just to break even, and that was assuming my family would work for free. As much as I wanted to run a great indoor field, the numbers just didn't support doing it for me at the time.

I took a quick peek at your IP - if you're reasonably close to where I'm at, drop me a line, maybe we can get together sometime and chat. I always like to meet people involved in paintball locally.

I'm from Antigo hahah what a small world