PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 11-08-2012, 03:17 PM #610
bigandugly
Pump Zombie

bigandugly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm putting this up for sale, but I really don't know what I've got. May I please get some help with ID'ing parts, and a resale value?

From what I can guess, it's a Z-grip, classic rail, powerfeed right body, CP direct bolt on ASA, factory twistlock barrel, Minimag valve. Don't know about the bolt though. (and yes, I did install the ASA on backwards in the blown up pics... )

bigandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 11-08-2012, 04:05 PM #611
Freedy500

Freedy500 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
I am not the official appraisal guy but here you go. That grip ALONE is worth around $200. The rail would be around $20-$30. The Minimag body would be around $65. And the valve would be (a guess not sure though) $120 although it only has a level 7 bolt but has 4 stars which will fetch you some more $$$. I wish I had the cash to buy this.

As a package it should be around $375. You have a gem on your hands. This should go fast if you still want to sell. I suggest posting this here and ESPECIALLY www.automags.org. AO is a website of just mag users and you could get this sold fast and for a bit more $$$
Old 11-08-2012, 09:08 PM #612
bigandugly
Pump Zombie

bigandugly has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedy500 View Post
I am not the official appraisal guy but here you go. That grip ALONE is worth around $200. The rail would be around $20-$30. The Minimag body would be around $65. And the valve would be (a guess not sure though) $120 although it only has a level 7 bolt but has 4 stars which will fetch you some more $$$. I wish I had the cash to buy this.

As a package it should be around $375. You have a gem on your hands. This should go fast if you still want to sell. I suggest posting this here and ESPECIALLY www.automags.org. AO is a website of just mag users and you could get this sold fast and for a bit more $$$
Sounds good to me. I've already posted it here and on AO. What did you mean by 4 stars...?
bigandugly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 09:40 PM #613
Freedy500

4 stars. It is a sign of condition that is hard to come by but if it had 5 it would have been much more. For every star you are able to send that valve to AGD and they replace every single thing in that valve including O-rings for free. Once it has been used they use a laser to mark it off. Uusually most have 1 if any stars. It looks like (hard to be sure with glare) that in your final picture your valve has at least for stars located on the side. I suggest you do not part this out as just about everyone will want just the grip.I may have underestimated my appraisal so look around for other combo's of that sort and see what they go for. Although look at the valve separately as the amount of stars makes a difference in price.
Old 11-08-2012, 11:29 PM #614
demented pumper
Bearded Works

has been a member for 10 years
actually your appraisal was a bit on the high side. and i dont think i have ever seen a valve with 5 stars, nor do i think they ever made them. they later produced valves with less and less stars. the stars were good for basically a checkup and fixed whatever was wrong with the valve. but you are given the option most of the time either to laser off the star or pay for the parts. atleast that happend to me once.
BW Email

I buy Automags and Mag Parts!!

Feedback Link
demented pumper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:55 AM #615
DMex
AKA: Ando

Nothing special about the valve. Just another $50 valve, $75 with a RT on/off and about $110 with RT on/off and Lvl 10. If it was a reverse valve, $75-90 stock, depending on condition. The stars mean nothing since AGD doesn't honor them anymore.

Z-Grips go for $150-200. This defiantly depends on condition.

The rest of the parts are common.

$35 for the body. Ever since XMT came out with his aluminum ones, not in demand anymore. If you had a Left or Vert feed it would fetch more, rights are a dime a dozen.

$20 for the rail

$25 for the barrel

$35 for the ASA
Old 11-09-2012, 07:48 AM #616
mpsd
Balling since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMex View Post
Nothing special about the valve. Just another $50 valve, $75 with a RT on/off and about $110 with RT on/off and Lvl 10. If it was a reverse valve, $75-90 stock, depending on condition. The stars mean nothing since AGD doesn't honor them anymore.

Z-Grips go for $150-200. This defiantly depends on condition.

The rest of the parts are common.

$35 for the body. Ever since XMT came out with his aluminum ones, not in demand anymore. If you had a Left or Vert feed it would fetch more, rights are a dime a dozen.

$20 for the rail

$25 for the barrel

$35 for the ASA
My opinion is still a little bit under that:

Valve: $50 regardless the stars or the on/off. $75-$80 is it had a Level 10 bolt but that's not what's pictured there (you have a regular Level 7 one there).

I agree with the grip, rail and body prices posted but I'd say the barrel, being a stock Minimag one, should be more between $10 and $15 and the ASA I'd say more like $25.

For the complete gun, I'd say $250, maybe $270 (a regular stock Minimag sells for $100 - $120 and then you have the Z-Grip and CP ASA).

Balling in Brazil since 1991

Proud owner of the Alien Mag, Mag of The Month December/2007 and the
Splash Pump Mag, Classic Mag of The Month April/2008
mpsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 03:18 PM #617
robertreed711

Retro Valve with level 10, pretty sure you know what the rest is.
robertreed711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 04:31 PM #618
Freedy500

I stand corrected. I thought they came with up to 5 stars but it doesn't really matter. Although I still think they can make a difference on price.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:06 PM #619
tonloc91483

New to me mag worth?

I got this:

Appreciate the feedback!
Old 11-14-2012, 08:50 AM #620
MR_Rick

Interested on this. Here is the seller description:

I acquired the gun from a storage unit auction. Not familiar with this paintball gun but will try to describe in detail what the gun features.It comes with 12 inch ACI barrel with wire detent and a aci sub zero expansion foregrip.I did research and the trigger frame is an aftermarket BOOYAH E-LCD MAG trigger frame.Put batteries in it and it cycles thru the 4 firing modes.I also pushed the the solenoid forward and pulled the trigger and the solenoid works great.Overall condition is 9.5 out of 10.I do not have co2 or compressed air and wouldnt know which one to use so i never had a chance to gas up the gun.From talking with people online i guess the gun is very easy to maintain.Like i said the gun looks almost like new.The gun seems to have steel braided hoses with quick disconnect. ( NOTE) I do not know if gun fires so being sold as is with no returns.

MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:00 AM #621
mpsd
Balling since 1991

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR_Rick View Post

I acquired the gun from a storage unit auction. Not familiar with this paintball gun but will try to describe in detail what the gun features.It comes with 12 inch ACI barrel with wire detent and a aci sub zero expansion foregrip.I did research and the trigger frame is an aftermarket BOOYAH E-LCD MAG trigger frame.Put batteries in it and it cycles thru the 4 firing modes.I also pushed the the solenoid forward and pulled the trigger and the solenoid works great.Overall condition is 9.5 out of 10.I do not have co2 or compressed air and wouldnt know which one to use so i never had a chance to gas up the gun.From talking with people online i guess the gun is very easy to maintain.Like i said the gun looks almost like new.The gun seems to have steel braided hoses with quick disconnect. ( NOTE) I do not know if gun fires so being sold as is with no returns.

[qIMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img843/1856/automag.jpg[/qIMG]

[qIMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img109/6668/automag1.jpg[/qIMG]

[qIMG]http://imageshack.us/a/img849/9272/automag2.jpg[/qIMG]
A Classic Mag with the accessories mentioned should be worth between $150 and $200. And you can use either CO2 or Compressed Air, although Air is Always better than CO2 when you are shooting a Mag.

Old 11-14-2012, 09:02 AM #622
MR_Rick

In unknown working order?
MR_Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:07 AM #623
mpsd
Balling since 1991

Quote:
In unknown working order?
Well, the Mag itself is always easy to fix if needed be. The frame's board would be the worst part, if it's broken, but you said it cycles through all modes and the noid clicks. Worst case scenario, you'd need a new board and in that case, you'd also have to change that board for an universal one as you won't find an original working Boo-Yah board anymore. You can pick an universal board for $40 nowadays so you should deduct maybe $60 from that price point, if that's the case.

Old 11-14-2012, 04:00 PM #624
robertreed711

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertreed711 View Post
Retro Valve with level 10, pretty sure you know what the rest is.
Anybody?
robertreed711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 04:32 PM #625
mpsd
Balling since 1991

Body: $90 - $100
Rail: ~$60
Valve with Level 10: ~$130
15* ASA + CP Mini Foregrip: ~$60
Frame: ~$60
CP on/off: $25-$30
Barrel: ~$20
Sear and pin: $20
Thumbscrew and front screw: $10

All together: ~$380 I guess.

Old 11-16-2012, 12:04 PM #626
Open_Truth (Banned)

Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Open_Truth owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:

What is the seller asking for it? Since it is in unknown working order, you should be able to get it anywhere from $50 to $100. But it seems as if the seller does know a little bit about it, as they mentioned both that it has a wire detent, and a bit of info about the Booyah frame.
Open_Truth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 07:08 PM #627
Team Impulse

It's been a few years since I played and I've been selling off my gear. I'm not really sure how to price this guy. I've owned the gun since about 1998 and it's been a good 8-10 years since it's been used.

Team Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2012, 09:11 PM #628
sQuidvision

is the blue paint or ano? could make a big difference in the price of that zgrip... which is the only thing on that mag really noteworthy.
sQuidvision is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 07:36 AM #629
Team Impulse

Quote:
Originally Posted by sQuidvision View Post
is the blue paint or ano? could make a big difference in the price of that zgrip... which is the only thing on that mag really noteworthy.
It's not paint or ano. It's two tone powder coat...Looks green in some light and blue in the others.

From what I've been reading sounds like the Z grip is worth more then the Mag,lol.
Team Impulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2012, 09:04 AM #630
Jedihippie
My backpack's got jets

Jedihippie is a Paintball photographer
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VI
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends VIII
Jedihippie is playing at Living Legends Dreaded
Jedihippie has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
no, the zgrip is USUALLY worth more then the mag... we could make an excepion in this case
"Reminds me of the kids that bolt on exhausts, wings and vinyl cutouts onto their rice mobiles and then hate on a ground up resto rodded 69 Camaro" -OPBN
"Due to the Berzerkers rep and knowledge of Mag awesomeness, the opposing team dropped their markers and are actually out of the frame curled up in fetal positions" -OPBN... Again
Jedihippie is offline   Reply With Quote