Old 02-27-2012, 05:11 PM #1
Rique98
Gun Whore in Training

Rique98 plays in the PSP
Rique98 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rique98 posts videos on PbNation
Rique98 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
No one signs up for Regionals?!?!?!!

If no one signs up for regionals but we paid and are there what's gonna happen?? Do you still win the 1st place prize or are you on your own and you get a refund and gotta go to nationals or quit for the rest of the NCPA season.
Rique98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-27-2012, 10:27 PM #2
jdelellis96
JDL

jdelellis96 plays in the PSP
 plays in the NXL
jdelellis96 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
jdelellis96 is an NCPA player
I'm signing up a team for the first Northeast event.
jdelellis96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 07:53 AM #3
ThisWontHurt
Official MidWest Streamer

ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt supports Team VICIOUS
ThisWontHurt posts videos on PbNation
ThisWontHurt plays in the APPA beginner division
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
ThisWontHurt has perfected Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
I'm not really sure but Rael dosen't come in here often. You might and that's a big might be better off pm'ing him or calling NCPA HQ.

Personally I spent 3 weeks leaving messages and emails and got no reply.
Old 02-28-2012, 02:04 PM #4
Rique98
Gun Whore in Training

Rique98 plays in the PSP
Rique98 owns a Planet Eclipse Geo
Rique98 posts videos on PbNation
Rique98 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Tired pm'ing him but apparently he is blocked from private messaging ...
Rique98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:39 PM #5
cplach
Sock it to 'em

has been a member for 10 years
cplach owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
I think there has to be a team minimum at each event in order to get the "free entry" to nationals for winning the regional.

The high school league didn't run anywhere except for down in Texas and now they expect a bunch of teams to sign up for regionals and nationals? Give me a break.

I see Raehl and Joe post in the other forum talking about updates, events, etc. Even when I tried to contact them via email to talk about setting up an event, they didn't respond.

My students and I are done trying to deal with this league that totally disregards an entire demographic/division.

You're better off saving your money and playing in local tournaments that not only give you "pride/bragging rights," but actual prizes.
cplach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:38 AM #6
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl is a Supporting Member
raehl is a founding member
raehl plays in the PSP
raehl is an NCPA National Champion
raehl plays in the APPA D5 division
If only one team pays the entry fee, you get to go to Florida. No team minimums at all.

We have run the regional championships for a few years now, and at $99 a team with a guaranteed, no team minimum trip to Florida for the team that wins, yes, we do expect that teams will sign up. But if you don't want to, that's also fine.

I am at a trade show this week, so I have not been online much. And in general, we have obviously not been able to put as much attention into the high school program as we would like. We are bringing in a couple more volunteers to do a much better job with this next year. We simply entirely overestimated the amount of effort versus the amount of time we would have available.

- Chris

Check Out Paintball on TV!

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

American Paintball Players Association - www.paintball-players.org
raehl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 10:58 AM #7
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThisWontHurt View Post
I'm not really sure but Rael dosen't come in here often. You might and that's a big might be better off pm'ing him or calling NCPA HQ.

Personally I spent 3 weeks leaving messages and emails and got no reply.
I answer all the voicemails we get, so I'm not sure what the issue there might be. Emails can take some time depending on what they are about.

- Chris

National Collegiate Paintball Association, President - http://www.ncpapaintball.com

Old 03-01-2012, 12:02 PM #8
cplach
Sock it to 'em

cplach owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by raehl View Post
And in general, we have obviously not been able to put as much attention into the high school program as we would like. We are bringing in a couple more volunteers to do a much better job with this next year. We simply entirely overestimated the amount of effort versus the amount of time we would have available.

- Chris
Chris, I'm really disappointed in this as I've seen you post all over the College thread doing your job and I feel like this league has totally been over looked. This is the only activity you've had in here since the announcement of an "exciting season planned ahead" when in reality, there was nothing planned (short for a few events in Texas, regionals and nationals).

If you ever read my email sent back on November 1st, you would have had your volunteer to help organize tournaments in Illinois which would have served a good chunk of the Mid West.

No point in beating a dead horse and pointing out what you guys haven't done as you've already acknowledged it. Good luck with the league.
cplach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:31 PM #9
Clear

Clear plays in the APPA beginner division
Clear has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
Ive left around 2 voicemails and sent 2-3 emails over the past week or two and havent heard anything from anyone. Im trying to get some questions answered before I book a hotel and drive 8 hours to a tourney.
Clear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:55 AM #10
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clear View Post
Ive left around 2 voicemails and sent 2-3 emails over the past week or two and havent heard anything from anyone. Im trying to get some questions answered before I book a hotel and drive 8 hours to a tourney.
Virtually any question should be answered on the NCPA website. I am pretty sure we have answered all the HS-related emails (and every one of them asked questions on the website), so if we missed an email make sure you're hitting up ncpa@college-paintball.com. Voicemail I was not in the office at all last week and will get to later today.

But, again, I can't think of much of any information not covered on the website. This is an all-volunteer, non-profit effort where we are litterally giving away THOUSANDS in free travel and competition costs, so a little bit of self-service on the part of the participants is appreciated.

(Not to in any way imply that we did a good job with the regular season effort this year, but the Regionals are not complicated and are well-described.)

- Chris

Last edited by raehl : 03-05-2012 at 08:59 AM.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:02 PM #11
Clear

Clear plays in the APPA beginner division
Clear has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
One more question. I've left a couple voicemails and no answer yet. I have a buddy who's gunna play with us. He just transferred schools and is enrolled but he won't be able to get a transcript until 7 more days. Nd his ID won't be here till Monday. What should he bring to the tournament.?
Old 03-13-2012, 01:26 PM #12
raehl
NCPA President

raehl is a Moderator
raehl plays in the PSP
Just getting back from Galveston (in the airport now). Bring proof of address and identity, we can verify student status after the event; just be aware there are severe penalties for misrepresenting status.

- Chris

Old 03-18-2012, 11:38 PM #13
TWherlz

perhaps getting rid of the "600 balls/game" rule will open to more teams. maybe 5 man too? just like the college format

Last edited by TWherlz : 03-18-2012 at 11:43 PM.
TWherlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:06 AM #14
Henrybg
Son of the South

Henrybg plays in the PSP
Henrybg supports Cereal Killerz 2
Henrybg is an NCPA player
Henrybg plays in the APPA D4 division
Henrybg is Boss
Henrybg is All In
Henrybg owns a Planet Eclipse GSL
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWherlz View Post
perhaps getting rid of the "600 balls/game" rule will open to more teams. maybe 5 man too? just like the college format
I don't think raising the number of players on a field will attract highschools that can barely field one team.
Henrybg is offline   Reply With Quote