Community Focus

Old 02-21-2015, 05:53 PM #1324
patsfan189

patsfan189 supports Pev's Paintball
patsfan189 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
patsfan189 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
patsfan189 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
patsfan189 supports Empire
Looking for something to replace my 06 escape. Mainly looking for something fun to drive, 8k or below used (craigslist, and I'm willing to wait for a good deal). Would prefer a coupe with 4 seats, and somewhat comfortable. Was considering:
Infiniti G35 coupe (2003ish)
Toyota Celica (early 2000's)
Mustang GT (2003ish)
BMW E46 (M3?)
Nissan Altima coupe (poor man's G35)
patsfan189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 02-21-2015, 06:33 PM #1325
Ozamataz Buckshank

A Celica and an Altima will be about as much fun to drive as your Escape with far less utility.

The G35 would be OK, I don't know of any particularly huge problems with them and I think VQs sound ****ing awesome.

An E46 M3 for $8,000 is something I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, I look at E46 M3s every now and again because I have a soft spot for them and most of the ones that I would buy exceed your budget by like $10,000. Even if you found an $8k M3 I wouldn't be surprised if VANOS or SMG (assuming it is an SMG car) problems are right around the corner and it doesn't sound like those repairs are within the realm of what you can afford. If you're willing to forgo an M car, you can get a 330ci (maybe a ZHP if one pops up) for that kind of money though.

The Mustang would probably be my choice. The 4.6L is underwhelming stock but more powerful than anything else on your list that you could reasonably obtain for $8,000, there is a huge and relatively cheap aftermarket for it and maintenance costs will be low. It has a **** interior though.

Just my two cents.
Old 02-21-2015, 07:29 PM #1326
patsfan189

patsfan189 supports Pev's Paintball
patsfan189 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
patsfan189 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
patsfan189 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
patsfan189 supports Empire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozamataz Buckshank View Post
A Celica and an Altima will be about as much fun to drive as your Escape with far less utility.

The G35 would be OK, I don't know of any particularly huge problems with them and I think VQs sound ****ing awesome.

An E46 M3 for $8,000 is something I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole, I look at E46 M3s every now and again because I have a soft spot for them and most of the ones that I would buy exceed your budget by like $10,000. Even if you found an $8k M3 I wouldn't be surprised if VANOS or SMG (assuming it is an SMG car) problems are right around the corner and it doesn't sound like those repairs are within the realm of what you can afford. If you're willing to forgo an M car, you can get a 330ci (maybe a ZHP if one pops up) for that kind of money though.

The Mustang would probably be my choice. The 4.6L is underwhelming stock but more powerful than anything else on your list that you could reasonably obtain for $8,000, there is a huge and relatively cheap aftermarket for it and maintenance costs will be low. It has a **** interior though.

Just my two cents.
Never have driven a celica, they look fast, guess I just assumed wrong. The mustang and G35 are my top 2 right now so I feel confident with those 2
patsfan189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 08:20 PM #1327
Alan777
Tree Fitty

has been a member for 10 years
8k gets you a nice *** E36 M3.
2013 Subaru Impreza Sport
Alan777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:05 PM #1328
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Own a B5 S4, keeping it as a winter beater/eventually project car.

Looking for something good on gas, but "has some balls" at the same time (cars, SUV and pickups all considered). AWD preference, will consider RWD fun cars as well (Mustang, Camaro, Challenger/Charger, etc.).

Buy budget around $25,000 (trying to stay with something 2010 and newer)
Lease budget around $32,000

If it is an SUV it has to be able to tow a snowmobile/jet ski/car.

Go!

Last edited by Watermelondrea : 03-10-2015 at 07:08 PM.
Watermelondrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 07:17 PM #1329
Ozamataz Buckshank

You want good on gas but also something fast like a V8 muscle car or an SUV that can tow your car that probably weighs ~3600 plus a trailer? ****, if you find one let me know.

Only think I can think of that would come close to your budget would be a Ram 1500 with the 3.0 diesel and even then you'll be stuck in a base trim truck which I believe Ram calls the Spartan-as-**** package.
Old 03-10-2015, 07:49 PM #1330
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

Yeah, kind of worded it badly. Let me try again.

Would like something good on gas, but I would also consider a V8 fun car. I'd also consider a new STI. I've gone from wanting an SUV, to wanting a pickup, to wanting a diesel, to wanting a RWD fun car, back to an SUV, back to a pickup, back to a car, and so on. I don't know what I want. I am open to all options within my budget.

Here's what I have considered for reference:

BMW X1 (lease)
2009ish 335xi
Ford Escape (lease)
****in' Prius (lease)
G37 (lease)
370z (lease)
B8 A4 (buy)
2010 Tahoe (buy)
2010 Camaro SS (buy)
2013 Mustang GT (buy)
Chevy Colorado (lease)
Passat TDI (lease)

and more, so yeah, pretty much anything within $25,000 (buy) and $32,000 (lease).

It doesn't need to be able to tow something, but if I'm going to end up in an SUV it does (X1 doesn't count because it's technically a crossover).
Old 03-10-2015, 07:59 PM #1331
DiscoRover
O-H-I-O

dawg you all over the place
DiscoRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 08:03 PM #1332
Ozamataz Buckshank

Buy my 2013 Mustang GT.

I think you ought to figure out what kind of car you want first. Nobody in their right mind is cross shopping a Tahoe, Mustang and Prius. I cross shopped my Mustang with an F150 and Audi A6 but that is because I'm a ****ing moron. Don't be like me.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:39 PM #1333
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

I want the best car for the money. I have a car, that's turbocharged, that's "luxury," that's AWD, that's buildable, etc., I need something reliable, but other than that have no criteria except my budget.

I like cars, all kinds of cars, this **** ain't easy. I'm trying to compile a list of 5-6 different cars, and go from there.
Old 03-10-2015, 08:42 PM #1334
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

As soon as I think of a car, I think well maybe I'd want something that can tow a vehicle. Then as soon as I think of a truck, I think well I'm going to miss driving fast/having decent mpg.

I'm also considering a motorcycle and just using the Audi as a winter car/rain vehicle.
Old 03-10-2015, 09:20 PM #1335
DiscoRover
O-H-I-O

That's on a cheaper budget to play with. just be like me and own like 12 ****ty cars/motorcycles
DiscoRover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 09:54 PM #1336
lowbudgethero
Boomer

Dude watermelondrea you are exactly like me, you need multiple cars to get rid of that feeling. Getting an all around car will make you itch for something a little more for a lighter car, bigger car, more snow/offroad capable and so on. Instead get a couple cars that tick a couple checkboxes at a time for you.

Were you going to keep your current cars? I don't really remember what you have.
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 10:14 AM #1337
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

I have the B5 S4 still, and yes I plan on keeping it as a winter beater/eventually single turbo build/show/weekend car.

I'd love to own 12 cars/motorcycles, just have no place to store them all. At the moment, 2 cars max
Old 03-11-2015, 11:42 AM #1338
lowbudgethero
Boomer

I feel like you should go with the mustang/camaro route

I think there are some years of X1s with the n55 motor if i'm not mistaken

I found motorcycles are the best $$ per smiles

Last edited by lowbudgethero : 03-11-2015 at 11:44 AM.
lowbudgethero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2015, 12:22 PM #1339
Watermelondrea
Ridin' in that 'Gatti

And then I watch something like this and I'm like "who needs reliable and slow?"

Old 07-21-2015, 12:36 AM #1340
Superzeus
Domer

Superzeus is reppin' sidebar 4 life
I've got about $5k to spend, hopefully a little more. Ideally I would like an AWD hatchback. Seems like my options are a Subaru Outback or other model. I value reliability. In my price range everything I'm seeing is over 100k miles for what I have to spend. Are either of those cars reasonably reliable over 100k?

If I scrap the AWD what else should I consider in my price range, Mazda 5? Thanks

Last edited by Superzeus : 07-21-2015 at 02:56 PM.
Superzeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:04 PM #1341
thefatpaintballer14
yuuhhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watermelondrea View Post
And then I watch something like this and I'm like "who needs reliable and slow?"

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7UOInZl4PcM[video]
ugh..vrt.......

I needs halp.

$20kish
New (as in, brand new. Only looking at used if I can get in it for about 14k, and super low mileage)
Sedan/Coupe/Hatch
Fun (would be nice, 150-200hp)
Reliable (Warranty really covers what I'd need mostly)
Gas Mileage (high 20's)

I've driven pretty much all the new Hyundai's and Kia's (the ones I was interested in) Mazda3...focus...I've driven a lot of cars in that price range of 15-20k new, and only one has really stood out to me, The Fiesta ST. I will say I am looking into a new Civic as well as the fun part of the car isn't because I can afford it, it's because I'd like to have it haha.

Just curious as to what you guys thought of my situation...comments on the ST, suggestions on other cars to check out. I haven't checked out the Lancers or Imprezas..but, I feel like the base models would be a little lacking in power comparative to the ST. Heard only great things about the ST, lower than most insurance as well.

I just need some help deciding on where I should put my money. I am not looking to get into 'Oh, you can get a '03 STI for that!', 'Dude, why not just get an Evo??', or anything like that...I need a car with a warranty, one that if something breaks on it, I can take it back in, and they deal with it.
Firepipes Ember Box
Shado Vapor Shado Mod
Kennedy Comp-TOBH-Brass Tug/Prototype Captains Cap

thefatpaintballer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:13 PM #1342
Gazz
tempted owes me a harley

Gazz is a Supporting Member
No 03 STi in the US, get the FiST
Gazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 09:19 PM #1343
thefatpaintballer14
yuuhhhhh

04...Maybe I missed the 4 on the keyboard and hit 3 instead

You knew what I meant anyways. I just said that cause I've had a few people say that already and they just aren't understanding I can't have a play around car..I need a car I can drive 70mi to work one way, be comfortable (no Recaro's for this fat dude), and not have to worry about anything breaking or gas.
Firepipes Ember Box
Shado Vapor Shado Mod
Kennedy Comp-TOBH-Brass Tug/Prototype Captains Cap

thefatpaintballer14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 07:13 AM #1344
toolbandfan
The dude abides

toolbandfan is a Supporting Member
toolbandfan is playing at Living Legends VII

Probably need a new car. Hopefully I get 2k at least from drivers insurance company.

$7k or less.
Somewhat fun to drive or unique
manual preferably