PbNation News
PbNation News
Community Focus
Community Focus

Old 06-27-2012, 12:59 PM #1
ih8ipods
Way diffrent in real life

How do you convince a rec player

Hey so im pretty much a rec player (belive it or not) i play speedball tournements as well as pump, woodsball, outlaw ball etc, Have a group of firends who do this all, but when we go to tournements we got one guy who refuses to use anything but an a5, even when he complains about not being able to hit anyone, or ask why we arent wining(i get that alot) its not like we are forcing him to buy a gun, we have 2 or 3 setups available for him to use, but he refuses to use them, also he considers running with a speedball gun " fairy like running" even though ive used it to run up the side and take half a team out anyone got ideas? im sick of being in a tournement situation going up against 5 egos vs the clusterf***of 4 speedball guns and the a5 with the flatline and stock?

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
ih8ipods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 06-27-2012, 01:23 PM #2
IrishNinja6
US Air Force

has been a member for 10 years
IrishNinja6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 supports Ninja Paintball
tell him he cant play tournaments with you until he can either prove that his A-5 is a capable tournament gun (he wont) or plays with a legit tourney setup.

good teams have to make cuts. if youre going to compete, you need to trim the fat. your friend needs to adapt to the play style or end up on the cutting room floor.

Edit: I read it again, and the guy, as you describe, is just not a tourney player. he doesnt have the mindset.

My WTB list: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3806383
Pay my bills gearbag sale!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4029265

Last edited by IrishNinja6 : 06-27-2012 at 01:26 PM.
IrishNinja6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 PM #3
gunslinger84

gunslinger84 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
gunslinger84 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
A stock a5 with flatline . . . in a tournament? hahahahahahahahahahaha.

I don't have anything worthwhile to add.
Old 06-27-2012, 03:50 PM #4
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

He either has to adapt or gets cut. Period end of story and I have never seen him or know who he is but does he eat twinkles and watch too much family guy?

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:08 PM #5
sup'mango
Dallas

is playing at Dead Legends
sup'mango supports Team VICIOUS
sup'mango supports Shocker RSX
sup'mango supports Ninja Paintball
Get an egrip if he doesn't have one. I use a 98 with e grip and cyclone feed for shots and gigs in lower division paintball.

Also the gun really doesn't matter, it's not his gun it's him. The gun shoots paintballs at the same velocity and accuracy as all the other guns out there. If he sucks with an a5 he will suck with every other gun out there.
Old 06-27-2012, 04:44 PM #6
sledneckforlife
EastCoastAngel

Oh boy- here we go with the gun versus gun battle. Who wants first shot??

For all your angel repair needs

978-530-6747
sledneckforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 04:49 PM #7
IrishNinja6
US Air Force

IrishNinja6 has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 has achieved Level 3 in PbNation Pursuit
IrishNinja6 supports Ninja Paintball
Quote:
Originally Posted by sup'mango View Post
Get an egrip if he doesn't have one. I use a 98 with e grip and cyclone feed for shots and gigs in lower division paintball.

Also the gun really doesn't matter, it's not his gun it's him. The gun shoots paintballs at the same velocity and accuracy as all the other guns out there. If he sucks with an a5 he will suck with every other gun out there.
the question was not "how do you make an A-5 less ****ty." Also, he didnt say the guy sucked at all. It is a combination of using the wrong tool for the job, and the guys unwillingness to change his attitude. he is using a woodsball marker in a tournament setting, and refuses to see that.

My WTB list: https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=3806383
Pay my bills gearbag sale!
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4029265
IrishNinja6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 05:13 PM #8
gunslinger84

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneckforlife View Post
Oh boy- here we go with the gun versus gun battle. Who wants first shot??
With a flatline barrel? Really?
Old 06-27-2012, 05:39 PM #9
SNAKESNIPER (Banned)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
A stock a5 with flatline . . . in a tournament? hahahahahahahahahahaha.
SNAKESNIPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:30 PM #10
robot0ninja

Say he can't play with it or let him use it. You're really not gonna see him play any better with a different set up. If he keeps missing with an a5, he's just gonna miss more with a gun that shoots faster.

"Originally posted by Tempted: The length of the barrel."

GoPro Hero 2 for sale
https://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...705&highlight=
robot0ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:34 PM #11
davito

Ok the gun doesn't make a player but the a5 is one of the worst setups for speedball. The cyclone sits way over to the right hand side and it gets shot before you can even shoot out of the right hand side of your bunker
davito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 09:50 PM #12
Elo160
PBS

Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Gtek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - Emek
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse - M170r
Elo160 owns a Planet Eclipse Lv1
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
Elo160 supports Team VICIOUS
You're f****d. Unless you sit him down and show him a video of himself playing and losing with that gun. Ask him to pose for a picture on the field in a bunker and show him why the gun he has wont work. You have to show him something he can look at, don't just tell him.

"Originally posted by "0102030405: Are you a ninja on vacation?"
Elo160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 12:28 PM #13
ih8ipods

im just gunna show him this thread instead lol. Hes not one of those kids that sits and watches tv all day, the guy is a blackbelt, obsessed with UFC, bout 225 pounds and maybe 6'1, its not like we want to kick him off mostly cause we need him to have enough people, cause at the end of the day, having a full team with one a5 is bettter than already being down one player

PLEASE STOP USING DUBSTEP IN ANY AND ALL PAINTBALL VIDEOS CAUSE REALLY ITS JUST HARD TO WATCH WITH THAT UNINTELLIGIBLE GARBAGE PLAYING.

On average NPPL and semi players can satisfy their girlfriends and wives much better than PSP and ramping players :)
Old 06-28-2012, 02:09 PM #14
loneassassin
A Grim and...

By and large, the gun is not the problem. I have taken a team of Phantoms, Tippmann 98s and mechanical Autocockers against ramping Egos, DMs, etc (back in the PSP 15bps days to boot) and we walked all over them, all day. The difference was, my teamates and I had been playing longer than some of our opponents had been alive.

That said, if his A-5 is not accurate it is because he is not cleaning it properly, using good paint, running Co2, or a combination of all of the above. They are not the best setup (physically) for speedball because of their profile and length, but a good player can overcome those shortcomings against all but the top-tier of opponents.

What you really should do is consider replacing him, as I doubt he'll be any more effective with any other gun.

My halfblocked Trilogy pump:
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/b...6/P3250486.jpg
loneassassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:19 PM #15
lopez17
Valar Morghulis

Annual Supporting Member
lopez17 is a Mega Moderator
lopez17 is a Moderator
lopez17 is a Supporting Member
lopez17 supports Pev's Paintball
lopez17 is one of the top 100 posters on PbNation
What you're describing is a player who is stuck in their ways or has their mind already made up. You're not likely to change his mind through overt actions such as negotiation, discussion. You have to let situations and scenarios dictate the evolution he'll take in his paintball career...to include utilizing higher quality markers.

lopez17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:45 PM #16
jweav151

I run an upped A5 with a stock and remote for recreational play, mostly woodsball; 12" Lapco barrel, egrip and regulator so I'm well beyond the accuracy, consistency and ROF of a stock A5. Sometimes I'll go on the speedball field at the one field I go to that attracts more woods than tourny guys, but the other field I play at that has a legit turf airball field and has tournament teams coming to practice with each other, I don't even go near it. Mostly because I really don't like speedball and it's one thing to play against other woods guys and maybe 2 or 3 tourny guys than against a whole team of guys that eat, breath and... speedball. Against that level of opponent my gun is too far out of it's element and does become a liability. The handful of time's I've played speedball against tournament players I end up pinned behind a bunker unable to do anything because my gun is too bulky to get leveled before a rope is coming at me and if I back away from my bunker to level the gun before I pop out to shoot, I'm very, very exposed to the left and right.

If you can at least get him to add an egrip, a descent short barrel and loose the stock you may be able to get more performance from him; otherwise, even as an A5 enthusiast I'm going to have to say bench him.
jweav151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:33 PM #17
zachpnnc

zachpnnc is playing at Living Legends VI
zachpnnc has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zachpnnc has perfected Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
zachpnnc has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
am a5 is a absolute huge gun and it can't keep up with the accuracy by volume attitude of competitive speedball
zachpnnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:01 PM #18
HaWtDog123
Sundays

HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 supports Team VICIOUS
HaWtDog123 has achieved Level 4 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by zachpnnc View Post
am a5 is a absolute huge gun and it can't keep up with the accuracy by volume attitude of competitive speedball
Tell that to Tippmann Effect. An A5s cyclone feed can handle 15bps. Which is faster most ROF limitations today. Please keep these useless comments to your self.

Now that's out of the way. The mind set you friend has is what I would like to think geared more towards rec ball and rec ball only. Running with a speedball marker is "fairy like running"? I get it that you guys are all friends and I respect that. I think you guys should sit down and have a "team meeting".

Let him know that he doesn't want to win. He will respond with something like " I want to win as much as you do...blah blah blah". Open his eyes for him, the game is always changing. It is up to the player to change with it, or be left behind.

I had a friend that was the same way with his "UBER Spyder", well sure enough after the team meeting he asked to borrow my back up setup. He moved on.

Edit: Good Luck

STL MANIACS
DYE DSR + $$$ F/T
HaWtDog123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 10:24 PM #19
gunslinger84

People, people please! The aforementioned A5 dude has a phd in assbeating. He probably has written a dissertation on choke slams that may very well have revolutioned how we think about dealing with weak *** suckers.

We need to put our heads together and come up with a solution that doesn't involve OP getting his *** handed to him in an undignified manner.

Last edited by gunslinger84 : 06-28-2012 at 10:26 PM.
gunslinger84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 12:49 PM #20
ih8ipods

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunslinger84 View Post
People, people please! The aforementioned A5 dude has a phd in assbeating. He probably has written a dissertation on choke slams that may very well have revolutioned how we think about dealing with weak *** suckers.

We need to put our heads together and come up with a solution that doesn't involve OP getting his *** handed to him in an undignified manner.
Well put sir

Old 07-03-2012, 12:59 PM #21
Coastermaniac

Coastermaniac owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
If the guy uses violence to clear this issue I clearly don't want him to be playing with me
Coastermaniac is offline   Reply With Quote