Community Focus

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2008, 06:28 PM #22
ptballa1
species :D

has been a member for 10 years
Quote:
Originally Posted by spr316 View Post
just name a few reasons why smartparts ruins this marker?
simple:
barrel threads
Old Sponsored Links Remove Advertisement
Advertisement
Old 04-02-2008, 07:43 PM #23
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

...cause there arent tons of imp/ion barrels out there.
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!
Old 04-02-2008, 08:12 PM #24
FallNAngel
Vicious Circles

FallNAngel is a Mega Moderator
FallNAngel is a Supporting Member
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VI
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VII
FallNAngel is playing at Living Legends VIII
Honestly, if I were interested in one (which I'm not), I wouldn't buy one *because* it's Impulse threaded.
If you want to set off and go develop some grand new thing, you don't need millions of dollars of capitalization. You need enough pizza and Diet Coke to stick in your refrigerator, a cheap PC to work on, and the dedication to go through with it. We slept on floors. We waded across rivers. -John Carmack
Old 04-02-2008, 08:21 PM #25
jonotwist
MORE ENTHUSIASM

jonotwist is playing at Living Legends X
jonotwist is one of the top 500 posters on PbNation
what will keep me from buying this gun,

the fact that its 1500 dollars and with a setup as it is,
there is no room for personality in the gun.

(try and upgrade it)

"Sometimes it's not whether you win or lose. Sometimes it's how many pages you add to the rulebook."

We'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

Last edited by jonotwist : 04-02-2008 at 08:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 08:33 PM #26
spr316
Matt Barker

spr316 plays in the PSP
spr316 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
spr316 owns a Planet Eclipse Etha
spr316 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptballa1 View Post
simple:
barrel threads
stock barrel is identical to the freak so im still not sein anything bad, sp is a solid company and they make very nice markers
Old 04-02-2008, 08:41 PM #27
tzzler44
Shocker Tech

tzzler44 has achieved Level 1 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 has achieved Level 2 in PbNation Pursuit
tzzler44 is attending Decay of Nations VI
Quote:
Originally Posted by NAK1 View Post
NOT TRYING TO FLAME. I DO NOT THINK SMART PARTS MAKES ANY QUALITY MARKERS.YES ,YOU CAN UPGRADE THEM FOR SURE.JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.THEN AGAIN I SHOOT ANGELS AND ALOT OF people dont like them.the other thing i have against sp is WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO THE INDUSTRY WITH THERE PATENTS. I UNDERSTAND THAT BUISNESS IS TO BE MORE PROFITABLE THAN YOUR COMPETITION BUT TO DO WHAT THEY HAVE DONE IS MAKING IT HARD FOR THIS INDUSTRY TO GROW.EVERYONE ON THIS SITE LOVES PAINTBALL AND WANTS IT TO FLOURISH AND THEY ARE STARVING OTHER COMPANIES. DO I LIKE THE LOOKS OF THIS MARKER? YES. WOULD I LIKE TO TRY IT? YES. WOULD I PAY THAT MONEY FOR IT? NO. I ALSO WONT PAY NEAR THAT FOR THE A1 FLY WHEN IT COMES OUT. SORRY IF I CAME OFF LIKE I WAS FLAMING BUT THESE ARE THE REASONS I DONT CARE FOR SMART PARTS. I WILL STATE THAT SP DOES DO SOME GOOD FOR THE INDUSTRY.THEY ARE NOT ALL BAD.I PERSONALLY WOULD NOT BUY A SP MARKER OR ANY ACCESSORIES. IF THIS IS A NEW COMPANY WHO WENT TO SP FOR OPPINIONS,HELP AND TO NOT GET SUED,I WOULD CONSIDER IT DUE TO WHAT I HAVE SEEN.JUST MY 2 CENTS
Jeez. I got about three lines into your reply and gave up. Try typing normally next time.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:00 PM #28
xsn0man
I bleed burgundy and gold

id comment, but that rant is so apologetic and.....ridiculous at the same time, i dont even feel like i have to. but i will.

this whole anti-SP trend has gotten ridiculous. admittedly, when i first heard about these dealings i was appalled, and pretty much ashamed that i bought from a company that had done this. but think about it:
Patents exist for a reason. you advocate that we should not have patents, because patents restrict industry growth. the problem is that this is not the case. Patents in fact protect industry. Companies are rewarded for creating a good design. While SP may have pursued the patent for the shocker a little aggressively, it was stil an innovative design, and they deserved the patent. they abused patent law, but the fact is that AKA, AGD, and ICD could have done what ever other company faced with such a situation does, and either pay the small royalty, or design a way to get around the patent. They obviously did not invest in either good designers or good patent lawyers, and ,like martyrs, refused to pay the royalty. what bothers me is that they are glorified for their failures. Apple captures market share despite microsoft's insane copyrights. Car companies manage to not crumble whenever a patent obstructs their development, they design a n equivocal system that works slightly different. i think your priorities are in the wrong place. sure SP didnt play nice, but it wasnt "wrong", it wasnt "evil", and they didnt drive the other companies out of business. Agd, ICD, and AKA effectively drove themselves out of business.

and your beloved WDP is just as bad in the "doesnt play nice" department. just thought you should know. ever wonder why other boards arent reprogramable? thats a heavily enforced WDP patent. they also sue for a variety of things, including suing a local field in michigan(or maybe it was wisconsin).
How many "looks like an shoebox shocker and karni had a baby" threads does it take to prove most paintballers are idiots?
IMP Parts Sale!

Last edited by xsn0man : 04-02-2008 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-02-2008, 09:05 PM #29
Teh_Face
New Age Retro Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsn0man View Post
Agd, ICD, and AKA effectively drove themselves out of business.
Saying anything like that is poison to the company. How did they drive themselves out of business? Making quality guns and not giving in to the pressure of the agglets and revamping their design to suit them?

Good job, you have effectively driven me away from anything DLwhatthe****ever could produce.
Old 04-02-2008, 10:42 PM #30
Anonymous028

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniballer24 View Post
well the pm's and the dm's are verymuch alike.

this is not like any other gun

ever.
besides the mini.

idc if this was made directley by and from sp.it should still have it own forum for its remarkable ness
ION?

lol, luxe is more or less based off the ION platform...
Old 04-02-2008, 11:14 PM #31
tEh PwNz1c0r

Smartparts manipulated their way to the top of the industry, destroying companies as they went and harming the natural competition within the industry.

Thats a reason.

Also, why is there such a high concentration of nublets in this forum?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:38 AM #32
chongballa

opinions r like *******, every1's got 1
Old 04-03-2008, 01:09 AM #33
Agent6

Quote:
Originally Posted by chongballa View Post
it really helps when u self censor yourself
Old 04-03-2008, 01:28 AM #34
sandflea_97
Gunfighter

sandflea_97 supports Cereal Killerz 2
sandflea_97 donated to help Peyton Trent
sandflea_97 helped look for balloons
sandflea_97 owns a Planet Eclipse Ego
Quote:
Originally Posted by chongballa View Post
I can't speak for everyone here, but I like sentences that are actually well formed and legible. Could you do that for me?

And as far as this whole "SP is a bunch of Nazis" talk:

Welcome to the world of big business. Everyone wants paintball to grow and prosper, but not everything that comes with big money is good. Smart Parts acts like any other major company. They are trying to make money, and get control of the market. That is what businesses do, always have and always will. I am not defending Smart Parts, but that is the way things work in the real world. It happens all the time. Writing that was probably as effective as trying to eat yogurt with chop sticks, but I tried.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:17 AM #35
FlapJacks

dude SP ARE Nazi's no matter what you say. That is a inherent truth.

Things That make me LAugh about the DLX/Luxe/Ion:
1:It looks like total ****. I mean it is horrible to look at. this is IMO
2:It has a speaker in it, that is ****ing moronic. Do YOU want to be the kid with the talking gun?? I don't. this is obviously a TOTAL Gimick.
3:It is made by, or influenced by the Evil Empire SP. this is actually the only reason i need.
4:WTF is going on with that Reg?
5bviously TONS of money is being spent on Why I should LOVE this marker, So This Makes me KNOW that it is a piece of sheeet.
6:But for real it is by FAR the ugliest thing I have ever seen that will be peddled for 1000 plus dollars. UGLY

The DLX "Luxe" Is so far the greatest piece of EPIC FAILURE I have ever witnessed. I know I havent touched it or shot it. But I dont need to, LOOK AT THAT THING. HORRIBLE. AND It IS MADE By SMART PARTS. This is a recipe for instant failure for all those involved.

Here is how it will play out. DLX will sell the "Lux" for 1500 the first year. Then it will sell them for 999.99 the next year. Then after 5 years they will sell them for as much as Shockers. And anyone who buys one will be left with a gun made by a sub-par Shadow Company and worth not even half as much as they paid. We have seen it before.

Last edited by FlapJacks : 04-03-2008 at 02:28 AM.
Old 04-03-2008, 02:49 AM #36
ptballa1
species :D

Quote:
stock barrel is identical to the freak so im still not sein anything bad, sp is a solid company and they make very nice markers
yeah but why go against the idea of interchangeable parts?
almost every tournament marker company these days is using cocker threads(even some sp guns are cocker threaded), why would they use something different?

im not against this marker, from the video i saw, it looks decent. it just gets me a little mad that they get their own forum and that the DLX guy wont admit that it is smart parts when it seems like it is.

and theres also how many sp forums already, when half of those markers are very similar(epiphany and ION)
Old 04-03-2008, 06:30 AM #37
NAK1
I steal avatars

guys, sorry about the type. i was at work and i pieced that togther inbetween clients. i totall understand buisness and patents. i am also not passionate about buisness like i am about paintball.SP did nothing wrong. in my opinion, they have made it hard for the industry to grow. paintball is not a huge industry,and i am sure it is not very proffitable to most companies and fields.as for Angel, i know they are not innocent by any means. but they are a small company.SP seems to want to bully themselves into everyone elses buisness.like i said,i would love to try the LUXE and will be looking foward to it
Old 04-03-2008, 06:43 AM #38
Mxshadower

Quote:
freaks suck so it doesnt matter
I Fight For MacDev
GEAR BAG SALE!!!!
I WANT YOUR SLY KIT!!!!!

I guess you are one of those people that think that the exit veolcity of a paintball gun will give you the same range no matter what type of gun it is? - Originally Posted by Sean@smartpartswest
Old 04-03-2008, 10:43 AM #39
Ydna
timetraveler

Ydna is a Supporting Member
Ydna is BST Trusted
Ydna works for a Paintball manufacturer
good lord people....

What on earth makes everybody think a smart parts subsidiary forum is the place to rant about smart parts.

As told by Stobaeus
...someone who had begun to learn geometry with Euclid, when he had learnt the first theorem, asked Euclid "What shall I get by learning these things?" Euclid called his slave and said "Give him threepence since he must make gain out of what he learns".
Closed Thread